Free Gay Sex Photos, Movies, Reviews and Forums at JustUsBoys
    Orientation
    Bisexual
    Status
    Married

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Morning Erections

Today was the first time in a number of years that I woke up in that state. I started hitting the tread mill last week and attribute this to better circulation from the exercise.
    I am 66, 5'7" tall and weigh 203 pounds. I keep the tread mill at 3.5 mph and use it for 15 minutes. My heart rate ends up between 140 and 150 bpm. All of the on line charts I have seen about cv work out tell me that at my age I should not be over 125 bpm. At that rate I don't even feel it, at 140-150 I don't break a sweat. I do feel extremely relaxed when done.

An I 'over' doing it?
    Last edited by peeonme; December 3rd, 2018 at 07:31 AM.

आप बुराई आँख से डरते हैं JUB Admin KaraBulut's Avatar
    Status
    Partnered

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Re: Morning Erections

Quote Originally Posted by peeonme View Post
    Today was the first time in a number of years that I woke up in that state. I started hitting the tread mill last week and attribute this to better circulation from the exercise.
    I am 66, 5'7" tall and weigh 203 pounds. I keep the tread mill at 3.5 mph and use it for 15 minutes. My heart rate ends up between 140 and 150 bpm. All of the on line charts I have seen about cv work out tell me that at my age I should not be over 125 bpm. At that rate I don't even feel it, at 140-150 I don't break a sweat. I do feel extremely relaxed when done.

An I 'over' doing it?
    The target heart rate is a guideline to work effort. There's two numbers - maximum and optimum.

Maximum heart rate is 220 minus your age. That comes out to 154. This is the heart rate that you should stay under.

Optimum heart rate is where you should try to keep your heart rate during exercise - it's 70-80% of the maximum. That calculates to between 107 to 123 beats per minute, so you are above the optimum rate for your age.

If you're not breaking a sweat, you don't feel short of breath and you aren't having chest pain is an indicator that you aren't being overly stressed by the exercise. What you should try is to lower the speed of the treadmill when your heart rate exceeds 123 beats per minute to get it back down but continue exercising. As you get into shape, lose some weight and build endurance, you should be able to get the speed back up again and even exercise for longer periods. And as you get into shape, your heart is also getting into shape and you'll find that your heart rate will not jump up so quickly during exercise.
    JUB's full list of smilies can be found here. BBcodes are here.

Orientation
    Bisexual
    Status
    Married

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Thanks, I lowered it to 3 mph and extended the time by 5 minutes to get a mile in. I was around 135 bpm doing this.

आप बुराई आँख से डरते हैं JUB Admin KaraBulut's Avatar
    Status
    Partnered

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Quote Originally Posted by peeonme View Post
    Thanks, I lowered it to 3 mph and extended the time by 5 minutes to get a mile in. I was around 135 bpm doing this.
    That also has another advantage - the new American Heart Association guidelines recommend 150 minutes of aerobic exercise per week, so that extra 5 minutes (total of 20 mins) per day gets you closer to that target.
    JUB's full list of smilies can be found here. BBcodes are here.