Free Gay Sex Photos, Movies, Reviews and Forums at JustUsBoys

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

9/11 and our culture of Islamaphobia

Story time.

in 1958 and beyond there was no "Pearl Harbor Day"

Presidents didn't go to Arizona and such

Germany declared war on us in an attack in which thousands died, non-combatants, US citizens. by 1958 all was forgiven and Germany was on its way to becoming a great NATO ally and a place that US army guys looooved to be stationed.

in contrast

Sept 11, every year we memorialize the event with the phrase "Never forget."

Mind you, this topic is not to diminish the legitimate loss and scope of the attack, rather to question if our well-documented culture of Islamaphobia is some sort of gas that keeps the vehicle moving.

I have to ask, though I already have my own answer, if the attack had been against a population of mostly minorities would it still have elicited to a longstanding and passionate response? The town of Rosewood was wiped out. An entire fucking town of brown people gone from the face of the earth and until a movie was made about it, how many people knew about this event? Do we have remembrance for the trail of tears? And it goes without saying, the typical response to hundreds of years of brutalization, starvation, torture and killing of minorities, the Atlantic is lined with the bones of people who were too sick or mouthy to make it to the Americas and we're callously told "Get over it."

I wish we lived in a world where at least our grief wasn't color-coded but the heightened response to 9/11 vs other historical events of similar magnitude or scope seems to fall perfectly in line with America's legacy of white supremacy and Islamophobia.

JUB Addict

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Re: 9/11 and our culture of Islamaphobia

There have been apologies from Japan and Germany.

Virtus in medio stat JUB Admin opinterph's Avatar
    Status
    Partnered
    Blog Entries

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Quote Originally Posted by fabulouslyghetto View Post
    in 1958 and beyond there was no "Pearl Harbor Day"

Presidents didn't go to Arizona and such

Germany declared war on us in an attack in which thousands died, non-combatants, US citizens. by 1958 all was forgiven and Germany was on its way to becoming a great NATO ally
    What happened in 1958?

Quote Originally Posted by fabulouslyghetto View Post
    [Does] our well-documented culture of Islamaphobia is some sort of gas that keeps the vehicle moving[?]
    Please explain what you mean by “the vehicle that keeps moving.”
    “It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see.”

– Henry David Thoreau

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Quote Originally Posted by nyctopgam View Post
    There have been apologies from Japan and Germany.
    I don't understand how you apologize for killing one person, let alone that many people.