Free Gay Sex Photos, Movies, Reviews and Forums at JustUsBoys
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Partnered

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Re: Anyone with experience in entering disaster area?

So is your company still sending you to evaluate their bridges they built? I am assuming that this is the reason that you are going unless your firm is one of those contracted to provide structural review and analysis of roads and bridges on an ongoing basis.

Anyhow...at the moment it just looks wet and horrible, so I expect that in many areas, review of road and bridge foundations and structures can't yet begin.

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Quote Originally Posted by rareboy View Post
    So is your company still sending you to evaluate their bridges they built? I am assuming that this is the reason that you are going unless your firm is one of those contracted to provide structural review and analysis of roads and bridges on an ongoing basis.

Anyhow...at the moment it just looks wet and horrible, so I expect that in many areas, review of road and bridge foundations and structures can't yet begin.
    Yes, damage assessment of buildings, roadways, and bridges. Wilmington, NC.

FEMA will tell me today if I go or not. They put me on hot standby yesterday.

When they asked me to go, I was all gungho about it. Never done something like this before. At this point, I'm neutral about it. I will go if FEMA picks me. If they don't, my husband will be happy. He doesn't want me to go.

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Quote Originally Posted by aristomaniac View Post
    Yes, damage assessment of buildings, roadways, and bridges. Wilmington, NC.

FEMA will tell me today if I go or not. They put me on hot standby yesterday.

When they asked me to go, I was all gungho about it. Never done something like this before. At this point, I'm neutral about it. I will go if FEMA picks me. If they don't, my husband will be happy. He doesn't want me to go.
    I'm interested in similar work, what are the certifications you had to receive to be approved for this assignment? I read that there's over fifty and they're all requisite. Had you begun the certification process prior to this or did you have to cram for it in the time since you made this thread?

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Quote Originally Posted by medic1 View Post
    ^Fuck all, but i would start to be worried about your memory, if you cannot recall the basics of your police training from ten years ago.

Yes we have bumped heads before. It is obvious that we do not get along, you made a comment about my lover who was killed, i don't forget.
    Don't leave me hanging like that. I genuinely don't remember saying anything about your partner. I don't remember ever conversing with you before. What did I say? A link would help. I'm not denying I said something since I don't remember. But it does seem out of character of me to attack a dead partner of someone else. I know you may think I'm a terrible person. That's fine. But don't just say I said something and then left me hanging.

Orientation
    Straight
    Status
    Single
    Blog Entries

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

1 - Contact your GP to inform him/her regarding immunizations and give them your perts : location, personal phone #, date of departure.
    2 - Carry a phone (water-proof protected) txt capable.
    3. email your will and status to your Personal Representative i.e. (dnr/full code ) regarding injury or death.
    4. Contact local emergency personnel, ask for advice.
    5. Have a second party contact on both ends. (More for assurance in every event.) If possible, contact a family member of friend for daily updates. This is definitely not imperative, but it is considerate.
    6. This is not to scare you, it's just some suggestions. Know that we're thinking of you.
    Last edited by willhunt; September 18th, 2018 at 11:08 AM.
    Fall 2018: Paradise, CA has a new SPF - zero. This is the beginning of the sunburned legacy for our children.- ballcaphair

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Phew - not going.

Orientation
    Straight
    Status
    Single
    Blog Entries

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Phew - not going.
    Amen. Amen.
    Fall 2018: Paradise, CA has a new SPF - zero. This is the beginning of the sunburned legacy for our children.- ballcaphair

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Quote Originally Posted by willhunt View Post
    Amen. Amen.
    I am both disappointed and relieved at the same time. Disappointed that they did not send me. Relieved because I started having doubts about going to a disaster area.

It is sort of like a roller coaster ride. Right before the first big drop, there's always that anticipation as well as fear.

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

I am both disappointed and relieved at the same time. Disappointed that they did not send me. Relieved because I started having doubts about going to a disaster area.
    I would've had doubts too, clearly this company did not adequately prepare you for this task, which is a highly volatile one that could literally have deadly consequences. So now it looks like you took all those certification courses for nothing, what a drag. I hope it didn't take you long to get your certificates. How long DID it take you? I've thought about doing it but I'm not sure if I'll have the time in the foreseeable future.