Orientation
    Bisexual
    Status
    Married

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Have you ever just quit?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/mark...2I8?li=BBnbfcL
    Since then, productivity has risen nearly 74 percent while real hourly pay has risen just 13 percent. That gap helps explain why corporate profits have soared while wealth inequality has worsened. Simply, workers are producing more but capturing less of the resulting profits.
    Did you ever get fed up?

huh?
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Married

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Re: Have you ever just quit?

When I was a kid I walked out on a job but I didn’t have to support myself. As an adult, no, not a job.
    FPNY
    Annoying JUBBERS since 2003

Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

No, if you quit you have to wait a hell of a lot longer for dole money than you do if you get fired.

Orientation
    Bisexual
    Status
    Married

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

I always had a job lined up to go to before I quit, except for one time when the boss kept jerking me around about health care insurance. I gave him until Friday or the end of the week to keep his word. I walked out and he called me at home and asked me to return on Monday and he took care of the issue.

Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Partnered

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

I did on one occasion.

Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Available

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

I never quit a job except when leaving teaching.

Whereas it is absolutely true that corporate America is responsible for the impoverishment of more and more workers, the data cited is without basis. Saying that the American worker is more productive without context is just trash journalism.

HOW is America 73% more productive? How is it measured? In manufacturing, how much of that gain is due to robotics? In data management, how is productivity measured at all?

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Picture it....Shady Pines Thankgivng day 1985....A disgruntled Chef working since 2am)trying to cook and feed 250-300 grumpy
    residents a half decent meal.The owner came around and asked me to let him know in writing and receipts what I spent on the entire dinner that day. I didn't even know how many people were eating yet.....

He wanted his cost to be $5.00 per person. grrrr

I turned all the ovens up to broil and walked out....Turkey this bitch! sorry residents

Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Partnered

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

I have done it twice. The first time I was pushed into a promotion that I did not want because it was a very stressful job. I made it clear to my employer that I did not want to put myself under that kind of pressure. I did the job as long as I could but it became unbearable! So one morning I walked into my boss' office, and told him "I'm out of here right this moment". He was furious because he was stuck doing my job until they could find some other fool.

The second time I was demoted from a great job onto a secretarial position doing things, that all though I could handle, it was way beneath my skills. So, I did it for a while but one day I found myself wondering what the hell I was doing there still. So, I walked into my boss' office and told her I am quitting, she ask if I was putting in my notice? I said no, I am grabbing my things and leaving in about ten minutes, she said that there was still a lot of filing to do, so I said, you sure don't understand the concept of quitting, see you!

Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Yes once. The University of Georgia bought the TV station where I worked. It was a train wreck. I can't go into details because some the people involved love to sue people.

I put up with for a couple of years and then just had to get out of there.

Orientation
    Bisexual
    Status
    Married

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Quote Originally Posted by NotHardUp1 View Post
    I never quit a job except when leaving teaching.

Whereas it is absolutely true that corporate America is responsible for the impoverishment of more and more workers, the data cited is without basis. Saying that the American worker is more productive without context is just trash journalism.

HOW is America 73% more productive? How is it measured? In manufacturing, how much of that gain is due to robotics? In data management, how is productivity measured at all?
    https://www.epi.org/productivity-pay-gap/
    Since 1973, pay and productivity have diverged.

From 1973 to 2017, net productivity rose 77.0 percent, while the hourly pay of typical workers essentially stagnated—increasing only 12.4 percent over 44 years (after adjusting for inflation). This means that although Americans are working more productively than ever, the fruits of their labors have primarily accrued to those at the top and to corporate profits, especially in recent years.
    I am not certain how every site I go to uses the same numbers, here is how it is calculated:https://www.investopedia.com/ask/ans...calculated.asp
    Calculating Labor Productivity

Overall employee labor productivity is calculated by dividing the goods and services produced by the total hours a company's employees during a certain period of time. For example, suppose a manager wants to calculate the productivity of all the employees at his company. The manager calculates that the company had an output of 30,000 units last month, while its input was 3,000 hours of labor. The productivity for the company is 10 (30,000 divided by 3,000); this means the employees produced 10 units per hour in the previous month.

Read more: How is productivity calculated? | Investopedia https://www.investopedia.com/ask/ans...#ixzz5Nu7ffMLe
    Follow us: Investopedia on Facebook

Slippery When Wet
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Partnered
    Blog Entries

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Yes -- but it was also on my very first day. It became quite clear that the job and I were NOT a match!!!

They actually mailed me a paycheck...
    "Whatever you do, or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius and power and magic in it..." Goethe

Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

I quit or not doing the job around the house because i'm too lazy.
    Victim of PC police. Some of the PC police are good at making untrue things up about other jub members.

you're just... the worst crimsonpaine's Avatar
    Orientation
    Gay
    Blog Entries

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Sure did. My last job. And it was the best thing I ever did. Left in October. I was part of a real estate team. The other guy in the team left May 1 and went out on his own and is doing really really well. Our former boss/team leader told our manager he was going to fall flat on his face. Nice encouragement. She was a horrible boss, and because of that, she actually became a horrible person. I would be driving into work and would think to myself, I could just keep driving, just keep driving until I get to my parents house. I had no peace, no peace of mind and no free time to do anything. she didn't understand boundaries, and she was a liar and a cheat.
    I can feel it on the back of my tongue
    All of the words getting trapped in my lungs
    Heavy like a stone, waiting for the river to run

Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Quote Originally Posted by peeonme View Post

Did you ever get fed up?
    Back in the day when I used to do office temping I often walked off jobs, refused to go back on the second day. But back then, in my field, there were plenty of jobs to choose from. Added to which I was good at my job and in demand

Orientation
    Bisexual
    Status
    Single

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Yup at my very first job back in high school about 20 years ago. I was working at the grocery store in town stocking shelves, unloading trucks before school, bagging and carrying out groceries, etc. Well I had scheduled off some days because my Grandparents were coming up (something rare) and the asshole that was supposed to come in after me called me at the store about two hours before he was supposed to be there to let me know he was out of town and 150 ish miles away and he wouldn’t be in today. I told him to call the owners to find someone to cover for him since I had been there since 5 or 6 am and had already made arrangements to have off and would not and could not cover for him at all the rest of the weekend. Owners call me back a few minutes later saying “Sorry, but we need you to cover these shifts this weekend. . . You’re the only person not already scheduled and you’re going to have to stay until close tonight as well as nobody is available tonight” I politely reminded them I had scheduled this time off well over a month in advance and I never requested days off and always worked extra shifts when needed, but this time I couldn’t and that I would be leaving when my shift was over at 2. I then got a stern lecture about not being a team player blah blah blah. I agreed to work because my job was threatened and I was 16/17 and stupid. Well about 330-4pm the other night clerk didn’t come in either. So I go to the back room call the owners let them know and they say “do your best! You are on your own! Nobody can come in and we left town earlier too so don’t expect us to turn around and come back!” So I hang up and call my buddy and tell him to come pick me up I’m done working for the day. I keep half ass moving inventory around on the shelves until he gets there. Then I go hang up my apron in the back, go up to the front and tell the cashier “See ya later I’m done!” And walked out.