Thread: Holy Fire

Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Partnered

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Holy Fire

The man thought to be responsible for starting the Holy Fire in California apparently followed conspiracy theory and Alt right sites and promoted nonsense from Alex Jones on his own FB page.

According to The Washington Post, Clark texted a local firefighter in the days before the blaze began, allegedly threatening that the region would “burn just like we planned.”
    So 18000 acres later and 20,000 people displaced from their homes, he is being held on a million dollars bail.

But again, it won't be considered terrorism, will it?

https://www.thedailybeast.com/man-ac...iracy-theories

Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Re: Holy Fire

I wonder just how long these people get in jail, it's basically an attempt at mass murder.

Orientation
    Gay

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

If anyone has died, he should be charged with murder

Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Partnered

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

We have friends who have been badly affected by this fire. My heart is just broken that there are people with mental problems that think that arson is the solution.

Here's looking at you kid
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

And this is why Infowars was banned from Facebook.

Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Available

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

All arsonists are terrorists if you use the term loosely. What's the point?

Terrorism in the populace's common use is used to define acts that are intended to further a political or military cause by acts of destruction that cause terror in the target's population.

I'm unclear how any one arsonist is any more terrorizing than the next. All start fires that burn out of control until firefighters contain them or nature does.

Whether I'm foaming at the mouth and mad as a March hare, or whether I'm cunning and stealthy and target a specific population with my match throwing, what difference does it make? A fire is a fire. A wildfire is a wildfire.

If a group or cause announces an offensive and proceeds to carry it out, and a city burns, then maybe there is terror created, but the wildfires in the Great West are a cyclic event, with worse years and better years. Most of the country is really unaware of the extent of them every year in Alaska where there is just no incentive to fight them.

Unless there is going to be some announcement of a group taking credit for an offensive, it's just one more crazy with one more arson fire and with the same effect as any other arson in the dry forest.

Can you hear me yet?
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Blog Entries

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Quote Originally Posted by NotHardUp1 View Post
    I think that the arsonist will be viewed as a troubled man with psychological problems rather than a terrorist. (i.e. He's on the right side of 'opinion'.)
    "It's a small world, but I wouldn't want to paint it." - Steven Wright

Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Idiots follow idiots and the ignorant are easily lead

Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Terrorism in the populace's common use is used to define acts that are intended to further a political or military cause by acts of destruction that cause terror in the target's population.

I'm unclear how any one arsonist is any more terrorizing than the next. All start fires that burn out of control until firefighters contain them or nature does.

Whether I'm foaming at the mouth and mad as a March hare, or whether I'm cunning and stealthy and target a specific population with my match throwing, what difference does it make? A fire is a fire. A wildfire is a wildfire.

If a group or cause announces an offensive and proceeds to carry it out, and a city burns, then maybe there is terror created, but the wildfires in the Great West are a cyclic event, with worse years and better years. Most of the country is really unaware of the extent of them every year in Alaska where there is just no incentive to fight them.

Unless there is going to be some announcement of a group taking credit for an offensive, it's just one more crazy with one more arson fire and with the same effect as any other arson in the dry forest.
    If the motivation is from religion or political in nature it is terrorism.
    If it is personal revenge, it is just that personal revenge and not terrorism .
    Victim of PC police. Some of the PC police are good at making untrue things up about other jub members.

Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Available

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Quote Originally Posted by gsdx View Post
    I think that the arsonist will be viewed as a troubled man with psychological problems rather than a terrorist. (i.e. He's on the right side of 'opinion'.)
    I don't think how the public or the government or the media sees the man matters. If this doesn't become a movement or a trend, it's a one-off, not something that will have a social or historic import.

It's a forest fire, one of many. There aren't any manifestos like the Unibomber, any YouTube videos of beheadings, no Death to America pronouncements. It's just an arsonist posting jibberish online. Anyone can do it. It doesn't make for any systemic anarchy.
    Last edited by NotHardUp1; August 10th, 2018 at 06:15 PM.

Orientation
    Bisexual
    Status
    Partnered

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

And you can bet the left is spinning it for their benefit. I dont believe much of what anyone says any more.

Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Available

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Well, time will tell.

God knows the left is as guilty as the right when it comes to parroting talking points. NPR and PBS are doing a veritable three-way with their listeners this week on the topic of Charlottesville anniversary and the splintering of the far right. The coverage is heavily biased about the participation of provocateurs like ANTIFA and their rise or demise. It's not that they are any worse than Fox or others, only that they drape themselves in righteous garb about being fair and balanced when they are anything but. You can take just about any program that deals with right and left and document the skew by the treatment of the interviewees, the topic, and the facts.

I like what Jordan Peterson said last night in his interview on Firing Line, that he is against collectivists on the right or left. I agree as well as the words of Dr. King about avoiding hate and bitterness and violence in the struggle to make a better society. I've said from my first days on JUB that ranting with hate is no more virtuous when hating fellow men for politics, religion, nationality, race, region, language, or whatever else has become acceptable to gays to identify as the enemy. It's still a road to a defeated life of bitterness and hatred, and society sees through that hypocrisy instantly when one is trying to argue that gays should not be hated.
    Last edited by NotHardUp1; August 11th, 2018 at 02:34 AM.

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Quote Originally Posted by rareboy View Post
    We have friends who have been badly affected by this fire. My heart is just broken that there are people with mental problems that think that arson is the solution.
    What color is he? I need to know before I decide if he's a thug and a threat to society who should be buried under the jail for life, or a tortured soul who was always polite to his grandmother and just made a few wrong turns in life [but deserves lenience with a focus on rehabilitation over incarceration].

Since you're asking IF he'll be called a terrorist I guess that answers my question.

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

I like what Jordan Peterson
    Isn't this the same Jordan Peterson who fought against a bill that would add gender expression and identity to the Canadian Human Rights Act and convinced Canadians that they'd be going to jail for accidentally calling a person the wrong pronoun?

Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Partnered

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

It is even worse. Another QAnon conspiracy theory believer.

It may be time to have every adult in the US have to answer whether they believe the QAnonsense and medicate those who do with anti-psychotics.

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefi...has-history-of