Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Is the US still producing high quality

Singing shows ?
    If yes, where are the youtube videos from the US ??

Sometime like this i enjoy watching:

Victim of PC police. Some of the PC police are good at making untrue things up about other jub members.

Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Partnered

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Re: Is the US still producing high quality

I think that American Idol and The Voice still rattle on...not that they really are a showcase for great or even usually good singing.

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Quote Originally Posted by rareboy View Post
    I think that American Idol and The Voice still rattle on...not that they really are a showcase for great or even usually good singing.
    This. The American Idol voters are pre-tween girls who usually go for the heartthrob or the barbie doll. Although it was exciting to have a diverse top twelve this year that included a professional drag queen-- although I'm beyond exhausted of the so-obvious-it's-almost-offensive-but-they-won't-confirm-or-deny sanctified church queens. The Voice is garbage mostly, just like Idol it's barely digestible karaoke. Same with The Four that has the added disadvantage of Dj Khaled's corny antics and Puff Mommy taking herself way too seriously as per usual. Meghan Trainor is the meek female presence who literally asked Puffy "if it was ok for her to have an opinion."

On the Prowl

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

To me, it feels like most of the singers on The Voice are all trying to outdo Kelly Clarkson. She was already an 11/10, vocally so it really doesn't sound good if you're trying to constantly "belt" and "hit notes", especially when the song doesn't even call for it.

On the last season of American Idol ,Katy Perry was honestly a little over-the-top and annoying most of the time, but I feel like the contestants on that season were actually a lot more subdued, for the most part, and they did some pretty decent duets together. The boringest singer won, however... but it doesn't doesn't matter because we'll never even hear about her again. So, in other words: it's still just American Idol.

Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Quote Originally Posted by canteventhinkstr8 View Post
    To me, it feels like most of the singers on The Voice are all trying to outdo Kelly Clarkson. She was already an 11/10, vocally so it really doesn't sound good if you're trying to constantly "belt" and "hit notes", especially when the song doesn't even call for it.

On the last season of American Idol ,Katy Perry was honestly a little over-the-top and annoying most of the time, but I feel like the contestants on that season were actually a lot more subdued, for the most part, and they did some pretty decent duets together. The boringest singer won, however... but it doesn't doesn't matter because we'll never even hear about her again. So, in other words: it's still just American Idol.
    High quality singing shows doesn't mean singing competitions.
    Victim of PC police. Some of the PC police are good at making untrue things up about other jub members.

Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

maybe i should learn chinese from these shows ...