Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Mental Health

Hey guys,

So I'm not really sure how much this forum deals with mental health because I've seen a lot of physical health stuff but not a lot of mental health stuff, but I wanted to give it a try anyway.

I was diagnosed with depression and anxiety four years ago, although I've probably had it for a lot longer if I'm being honest. Mental health issues are rarely easy to explain and I wasn't sure if this is against the rules or not but I've been documenting my issues with my mental health on a blog that I'd like to share. I want to share it firstly because one of my mental health problems is that I don't get self-gratification, all of my self-esteem and worthwhile comes from the feedback of others and so having people check it out makes me feel good. Secondly I want to see if anybody has any advice for any of the problems on there (there's a whole variety of things). Thirdly I don't want anybody to feel as alone as I do sometimes, it's sort of my way of being honest with myself and with other people.

So, if I'm doing anything against the rules please just kindly let me know and either you or I can remove the link (and I might have to start posting regularly on here because my mental health is getting really bad).

https://theworldofjoshuajace.wordpress.com/

you're just... the worst crimsonpaine's Avatar
    Orientation
    Gay
    Blog Entries

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Re: Mental Health

Well hopefully he are getting treatment. You need to focus on yourself and finding what you need to be where you need to be, to be healthy. You need to learn to appreciate you for you and not how you may stack up against other people.
    I can feel it on the back of my tongue
    All of the words getting trapped in my lungs
    Heavy like a stone, waiting for the river to run

Orientation
    Bisexual
    Status
    Partnered

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Re: Mental Health

I have suffered from depression, anxiety, PTSD and chronic adjustment disorder for a number of years now, and I am on Escitalopram. The problem is, as I experience a number of the side effects, a major one being loss of libido and sexual dysfunction, I'm trying to wean myself off of it, but then my anxiety kicks into high gear. I hate it and being on meds in general but I don't know what else to do. I've just switched doctors so I'm waiting a little before I bombard him with my problems. I hope he is understanding.
    "Love me or hate me, both are in my favour."