Virgin
    Orientation
    Curious
    Status
    Partnered (to a woman)

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Signs of a submissive?

I have been told by the odd person they could tell I was submissive.
    I am not upfront nor do I discuss in public my submissive desires in the bedroom.
    So I was wondering if there are any signs that Dom tops use to kind of sniff out us closet subs in casual conversation or just through observations of behavior?

Orientation
    Bisexual
    Status
    Single

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Re: Signs of a submissive?

Quote Originally Posted by Ovid69 View Post
    I have been told by the odd person they could tell I was submissive.
    I am not upfront nor do I discuss in public my submissive desires in the bedroom.
    So I was wondering if there are any signs that Dom tops use to kind of sniff out us closet subs in casual conversation or just through observations of behavior?
    Really, it could be many things. Lack of eye contact, being soft spoken, etc... Not making decisions, like always allowing co-workers to decide where to go for lunch, or always allowing friends to choose activities. Perhaps always offering to do favors for others, or canceling your plans to complete those favors. None of these alone indicate a submissiveness, of course.

I'm sure some doms create tests of their own as well, as I sometimes do. For example, I've worn sweat pants without underwear from time to time and you can infer if someone is interested in your cock by how often they try to sneak glances at your package. Many guys might notice and look away, but a sub (though not always) might have trouble averting their gaze. At this point, I'd chat them up and drop something on the floor, say a napkin, and see if they scramble to pick it up for me. And then if I'm feeling daring or they appear to be THAT submissive, maybe kick off a shoe while they're kneeling down and ask them to put it back on for me. If they obey, then from there I know they'll be kneeling before me in a very different way later on

So you should analyze your behavior with these people that have sniffed out your submissive nature and see if you check any of those boxes, and perhaps others. If you wish to continue hiding your true nature, than alter your behavior to appear less submissive. However, it is likely you will always feel the need to submit. Some men are doms, some are subs, and there is nothing wrong with either end of the spectrum. So rather than hiding it, I would say you should embrace it and lean in to your submissive nature. Show the men in your life what you're good for and find solace in what you are. Buy them lunches from time to time, be their ride to the airport or designated driver. Mow your neighbor's lawn for him, shovel his snow. There are many ways you can be useful and satisfy your need to submit. And if the guys, or guys, decide they might want to use you sexually, and you're comfortable with it, then make yourself available for that too.

Virgin
    Orientation
    Curious
    Status
    Partnered (to a woman)

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Re: Signs of a submissive?

Thank you, that was a very thoughtful response.
    I don't think I will wish to change my behavior to hide being submissive.
    Although I do like your advice about doing people favours to satisfy my need for submission to men.
    I am in a hetero relationship at the moment and for the foreseeable future so I will have to find less sexually erotic ways to satisfy my secret desires.