On the Prowl
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Where To Meet Guys?

So, where exactly does one meet gay men if you live in a somewhat rural area and can't travel to the "gay hotspots" of the country?

Let's break this down a little.

I'm 28, never been in a relationship and it's starting to get to me. I mean, ideally a relationship would be the ultimate goal but I've been alone for so long now that I'm also up for fun and hook-ups and stuff (let's get personal and say it's been about 6 years since I last hooked up with anybody). I've been suffering from mental health issues for the last couple of years and so it's been increasingly difficult for me to leave the house. However, I could leave the house if a guy wanted a hook-up or something...the only problem is that I don't even know where to start anymore.

Back before the mental health issues I used to use Gaydar chat and meet guys on there but it's since pretty much died and nobody is ever in there. I've tried apps (both for dating and "fun") but there's not a lot of guys in my immediate local area (Lincolnshire area) and guys that I'd be willing to travel to aren't exactly fond of chatting (and I'm not driving a distance when the guy only replies with single words) and some lose interest very quickly. Are there any websites or apps that are particularly good for chatting to or meeting up with guys?

I know some people will say that I've gotta get to one of the gay hotspots like London or Manchester but when you've got no gay friends (and pretty much no friends in general) it makes it really difficult to travel to these places without the mental health issues flaring up.

(On a side note, I am dealing with the mental health issues but it takes time and the help isn't all that helpful sometimes. And personally I don't think I'm being too picky, I've just been out of the loop for so long that I don't know how it's done anymore). And, as always, if this is in the wrong place feel free to relocate it because I wasn't entirely sure which forum it would go in.

On the Prowl

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Re: Where To Meet Guys?

Is the site Farmersonly . com in use there?