Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Partnered

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Re: Echoes of Arrogance and Outcomes from 2016 [SPLIT]

Quote Originally Posted by MystikWizard View Post

I can say there is a definite feeling in this country that we are taken advantage of around the world with the amount of foreign aid we dole out annually, the amount of military resources we provide, etc. So when you have someone in the country willing to stand up and put their foot down to say "enough", this is what ignited a major part of the country to want to put Trump in office. They didn't feel Hillary would be willing to do this and it would be politics, as usual.

Thus far, Trump hasn't been disappointing with his stance on trade. Right or wrong, Americans wanted to see Trump stand up to other countries who the citizens perceive are taking advantage of the U.S. and its generosity.

Americans seem to be unbelievably ignorant on these two issues and you seem to be be brushing it aside.

Firstly, almost all foreign aid is not humanitarian. It also isn't just a big pile of money deposited into some country's treasury (normally).

It is instead, a huge make work effort for the armaments industry in the US....basically subsidizing the military/industrial complex. TrumpCo. and the GOP aren't changing any of this. Because it would hurt them. Instead, Trump wants billions more spent on the military.

And when it comes to trade, it is clear that Trump and his stooges had no idea that creating trade wars actually has real repercussions. As the demand for American wheat, soy, pork, cheese and a host of other agricultural and manufactured products drops....let's see if the US can prop up an economy by only exporting military gear, guns and through domestic consumption.

Status
    Single

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Quote Originally Posted by rareboy View Post
    ^ America didn't put Trump in office.

Razor thin margins and the electoral college put Trump in office. Helped by Russia.
    In other words, America put Trump in office. Last time I checked, only Americans can vote.

No different than how the media helped Hillary through 24/7 coverage and barely acknowledging she had any opponents ... in being the Democratic nominee.

Electoral college is law here and last time I checked, Bill Clinton had no issue winning it twice, nor did Obama winning it twice, nor Carter winning it once. Stop the excuses or keep turning people away.

As far as Russia, let us know by how many votes you feel Russia brainwashed Americans by and your analysis, please.
    Telling it like it is.

Can you hear me yet?
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Blog Entries

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

In other words, America put Trump in office.
    It is simple arithmetic. (No math required.) More Americans voted AGAINST Trump than voted FOR Trump. More Americans DIDN'T WANT Trump to be president than WANTED him to be president.

I have 5 apples. You have 4 apples. Yet you have more apples than I do.

American did not put Trump in office. I don't know too many places where the loser can win.
    "Everywhere is within walking distance if you have the time." - Steven Wright

Status
    Single

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Quote Originally Posted by gsdx View Post
    It is simple arithmetic. (No math required.) More Americans voted AGAINST Trump than voted FOR Trump. More Americans DIDN'T WANT Trump to be president than WANTED him to be president.

I have 5 apples. You have 4 apples. Yet you have more apples than I do.

American did not put Trump in office. I don't know too many places where the loser can win.
    The Electoral College is the law. Americans voted. Popular vote, by law, does not determine the Presidency.

Thus, Americans put Trump in office. Again, tired argument. Plenty of other Democrats recently elected through Electoral College. Kind of says something if virtually all the swing states didn't vote for Hillary.
    Telling it like it is.

Can you hear me yet?
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Blog Entries

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Thus, Americans put Trump in office.
    I know about the Electoral College. It means that a very select few Americans determine who will be president and those few do not always represent the wishes of virtually all Americans. It's not a "tired argument" when the person with the least votes wins. Why bother spending millions campaigning? Why have elections at all when they don't determine the outcome?

Can you hear me yet?
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Blog Entries

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

One other thing. I've been told often enough in this forum that the Electoral College was created specifically to keep people like Trump from becoming president. That in itself should throw up red flags all over the place.

Status
    Single

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Quote Originally Posted by gsdx View Post
    I know about the Electoral College. It means that a very select few Americans determine who will be president and those few do not always represent the wishes of virtually all Americans. It's not a "tired argument" when the person with the least votes wins. Why bother spending millions campaigning? Why have elections at all when they don't determine the outcome?
    I think the same would hold true if we didn't have the Electoral College. Let New York and California decide the election all the time and not even bother having campaigns. That way, candidates wouldn't even have to bother visiting citizens living in central states that don't matter like Wisconsin, Michigan .... oh wait ....
    Last edited by MystikWizard; July 7th, 2018 at 03:16 AM.
    Telling it like it is.

Can you hear me yet?
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Blog Entries

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

It's your system, not ours. Our system isn't perfect, but at least the winners are the ones who the voters want in office.

If Trump's followers can't or won't see the damage he is doing to the United States, then they certainly can't or won't see the damage he is doing to allied countries around him, and trust me on this one, there IS a lot of damage he's doing.