Free Gay Sex Photos, Movies, Reviews and Forums at JustUsBoys
    Virgin

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Anal Warts Removed - Sex??

Hey

Mid-May I was diagnosed with anal condylomas brought on by HPV with resulted in some itchy anal warts. I went to the doctor right away and given their location and extent I underwent surgery with general anesthesia to excise the little buggers in early June. The first few weeks post-op were not fun, I dreaded having to go use the bathroom because it was painful. After the second week everything seemed to go back to normal. Nothing itches and going to the bathroom is painless. Has anyone here been through a similar ordeal? When will I be able to have sex again (bottoming) ?

Thank you so much

Sex God

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Re: Anal Warts Removed - Sex??

When your smart enough to make sure the top has a condom DUHHH!

Virgin

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Oh trust me, I've learned my lesson. Never again!

Status
    Partnered

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Quote Originally Posted by Pierresro View Post
    When your smart enough to make sure the top has a condom DUHHH!
    Condoms aren't completely effective with HPV. The virus spreads from the infected areas and can be spread from any skin to skin contact.

Quote Originally Posted by Angel101 View Post
    ...When will I be able to have sex again (bottoming) ?
    Yes.

There's two pieces of the answer to this question, though.

Because you had a surgical removal (probably laser), you should ask your doctor when it is possible for you to resume assplay of any type. The answer is individual and dependent upon where the lesions were and the extent of the surgery to remove them- something only your doctor can answer.

The other part of the question has to do with whether you're still producing the virus. There's some controversy about whether HPV testing should be done on men- the guidelines say "No" but many experts who specialize in treating gay men point out that these guidelines weren't developed with gay men in mind. Most patients with a healthy immune system eventually clear HPV infections on their own or they're able to force the virus into a dormant (non-infective) state. It may take some time for this process to happen and your physician can advise you on whether the warts are still present and whether testing is appropriate to see if the virus is still active.

This is also a good time to mention that there's a vaccine for HPV available. It's something that gay men should ask their doctors about. The guidelines for the vaccine say that it's most effective when given before people become sexually active however because some types of HPV are associated with oral and anal cancers, some physicians are giving the shots to their adult male patients under the belief that it may help prevent some cancers in at-risk populations like gay men.
    JUB's full list of smilies can be found here. BBcodes are here.