Free Gay Sex Photos, Movies, Reviews and Forums at JustUsBoys
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Partnered

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Sotomayor's Scathing Dissent

With the 5-4 decision in favour of Trump's Muslim ban, Justice Sotomayor has written a dissent that cuts to the heart of the Trump presidency.

In the intervening years since Korematsu, our Nation has done much to leave its sordid legacy behind … Today, the Court takes the important step of finally overruling Korematsu, denouncing it as “gravely wrong the day it was decided.”…This formal repudiation of a shameful precedent is laudable and long overdue. But it does not make the majority’s decision here acceptable or right. By blindly accepting the Government’s misguided invitation to sanction a discriminatory policy motivated by animosity toward a disfavored group, all in the name of a superficial claim of national security, the Court redeploys the same dangerous logic underlying Korematsu and merely replaces one “gravely wrong” decision with another.
    https://www.motherjones.com/politics...mp-travel-ban/

You know, in 2015 through 2016, I kept saying that the election was about the judiciary.

Today proves that the current Supreme Court has no difficulty taking America back to the days of the Japanese internments, empowering the anti Roe v. Wade forces and supporting GOP gerrymandering.

Virtus in medio stat JUB Admin opinterph's Avatar
    Status
    Partnered
    Blog Entries

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Re: Sotomayor's Scathing Dissent

“It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see.”

– Henry David Thoreau

Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Married

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

SCOTUS should have cemented a liberal bastion of the Common Man with the death of Mr. Justice Scalia during the second term of the Obama Administration. However, this Constitutional proscription was hijacked by the GOP Senate who claimed him a lame duck President with only a year left in his term, and would not entertain appointments until after the next election. TRUMP. Enter Gorsuch, and potentially decades of perverted justice bestowing on the Republican Executive absolute powers unprecedented in our Nation's history. Perhaps in the history of the World. We shall see, won't we? King Donald? Emperor Donald? Generalissimo Donald? Herr Donald? Il Donald?

JUB Addict

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

spoke to Sotomayor for 15 minutes one day--she is a great woman---having said that, the Supreme Court gave us George W Bush--catastrophic presidency---allowed unlimited money in politics equating money with speech lol and throwing our political process into the toilet for some time to come---let the "religious" baker not have to make a cake for 2 guys---this decision is to be expected and isn't the worse one ---they will be coming down the pike after psycho trump names another judge to the court. They robbed Obama of a choice cuz republicans are pit bulls and Dems are cocker spaniels.

In mourning for America.
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Chicago!! (A big city, but my country is DYING!)
    Blog Entries

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Quote Originally Posted by rareboy View Post

You know, in 2015 through 2016, I kept saying that the election was about the judiciary.
    Me too. I often felt like I was the only USA'n doing so.
    "Some people without brains do an awful lot of talking." -The Scarecrow, WIZARD OF OZ, 1939
    If you think that fertilized eggs are PEOPLE, and refugees AREN'T, *YOU* are the problem.
    Make, for a man, a fire - and he'll be warm for a few hours. Set a man afire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
    Satire is meant to ridicule power. If you are laughing at people who are hurting, it's not satire, it's bullying. - Terry Pratchett

Orientation
    Bisexual
    Status
    Single

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Quote Originally Posted by frankfrank View Post
    Me too. I often felt like I was the only USA'n doing so.
    Me too. So many of us, including the media were distracted by the brilliant sideshows while he was destroying our future.
    See how beautiful we are and blessed, too. Together we are excellent.