Can you hear me yet?
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Blog Entries

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Remember that restaurant that Sanders got kicked out of?

The Trumpster has been on a Twitterpage, slamming the restaurant: “The Red Hen Restaurant should focus more on cleaning its filthy canopies, doors and windows (badly needs a paint job) rather than refusing to serve a fine person like Sarah Huckabee Sanders.”

Well, it appears that, just a few months ago, the Red Hen passed its most recent inspection with flying colours. No violations were found by inspectors.. Talk about the pot calling the kettle black.

Trump's hotels and resorts, however rarely pass inspections without violations:

In April, Washington D.C. inspectors visited the Trump International Hotel and found 10 health-code violations, including raw meat stored above ready-to-eat foods and containers of flour stored next to a hand sink that lacked a splash guard. Inspectors also found that the hotel was operating a number of on-site kitchens without city permits to do so.

The hotel was given a “moderate risk” rating based on that visit.

Inspectors conducted a follow-up visit in May, and found that the Trump hotel had failed to comply with instructions to correct some of those violations, including the permitting issue. It maintained the “moderate risk” category.
    https://www.yahoo.com/news/detente-s...075456087.html
    "Everywhere is within walking distance if you have the time." - Steven Wright

Orientation
    Gay

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Re: Remember that restaurant that Sanders got kicked out of?

Quote Originally Posted by gsdx View Post
    The Trumpster has been on a Twitterpage, slamming the restaurant: “The Red Hen Restaurant should focus more on cleaning its filthy canopies, doors and windows (badly needs a paint job) rather than refusing to serve a fine person like Sarah Huckabee Sanders.”

Well, it appears that, just a few months ago, the Red Hen passed its most recent inspection with flying colours. No violations were found by inspectors.. Talk about the pot calling the kettle black.

Trump's hotels and resorts, however rarely pass inspections without violations:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/detente-s...075456087.html
    If there is one thing everyone can be sure of, it's when Trump tweets, there is a lie there someplace. Of course, the rules do not apply to Trump, so his hotels and resorts
    continue on in spite of the violations.

Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Partnered

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

It was sure to get people digging into how many violations his shithole restaurants had racked up.

Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Virginia State Republican party is calling for a boycott

https://www.thenewcivilrightsmovemen...f-the-red-hen/

Obviously, if a business owner denies service to an LGBT customer, it is perfectly acceptable. . .however if a business owner, after consulting with employees, denies service to a conservative customer due to her employer's politics it's time to hang them from the yardarm
    Last edited by smokeshadow; June 25th, 2018 at 07:05 PM.

Can you hear me yet?
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Blog Entries

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

^ I would love to get inside their heads so I can see for myself what their view of America is. What I see and hear is a good indication, but I have a feeling that their complete view is much worse than what I can imagine.

By the way: "grammatically-challenged".

Sex God
    Orientation
    Bisexual
    Status
    Single

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Sarah had a good opportunity to take the incident on a really unexpected turn that probably would have had them walking away on higher ground.

This was going to be newsworthy no matter what. Had I been in that position I would have asked if I could listen to the staff about what their specific concerns were that had made them want to throw me out and if they agreed I would have paid them for their time and then left.
    Now THAT would've taken the situation in an interesting direction.
    ⣀⣤⣶⣿⣯⣅⣀⣤⣶⣿⣯⣅⣀⣤⣶⣿⣯⣅⣀⣤⣶⣿⣯⣅⣀⣤⣶⣿⣯⣅

FEAR THE LIBERAL DETENTE! TX-Beau's Avatar
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Open Relationship

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Quote Originally Posted by SeaCore View Post
    Sarah had a good opportunity to take the incident on a really unexpected turn that probably would have had them walking away on higher ground.

This was going to be newsworthy no matter what. Had I been in that position I would have asked if I could listen to the staff about what their specific concerns were that had made them want to throw me out and if they agreed I would have paid them for their time and then left.
    Now THAT would've taken the situation in an interesting direction.
    Except that Sarah knows exactly why they refused to server her and didn't want to discuss any of it.
    ATTACK OF THE LIBERAL ELITE

Sex God
    Orientation
    Bisexual
    Status
    Single

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Sure. I am aware Sarah never would do it. I'm saying that it would have been a clever way to tilt the situation.
    Even if Sarah gives no fucks about what they have to say as long as they can appear to be engaged and listening it makes it so they walk away looking like the bigger person in a lot of people's eyes. And you'd hope they'd have that skill considering their job basically requires it.
    ⣀⣤⣶⣿⣯⣅⣀⣤⣶⣿⣯⣅⣀⣤⣶⣿⣯⣅⣀⣤⣶⣿⣯⣅⣀⣤⣶⣿⣯⣅

FEAR THE LIBERAL DETENTE! TX-Beau's Avatar
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Open Relationship

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Quote Originally Posted by SeaCore View Post
    Sure. I am aware Sarah never would do it. I'm saying that it would have been a clever way to tilt the situation.
    Even if Sarah gives no fucks about what they have to say as long as they can appear to be engaged and listening it makes it so they walk away looking like the bigger person in a lot of people's eyes. And you'd hope they'd have that skill considering their job basically requires it.
    Well, if she'd looked remotely reasonable, she'd have gone to work the next day and gotten fired.
    ATTACK OF THE LIBERAL ELITE

Orientation
    Gay

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Quote Originally Posted by smokeshadow View Post
    Virginia State Republican party is calling for a boycott

https://www.thenewcivilrightsmovemen...f-the-red-hen/

Obviously, if a business owner denies service to an LGBT customer, it is perfectly acceptable. . .however if a business owner, after consulting with employees, denies service to a conservative customer due to her employer's politics it's time to hang them from the yardarm
    I despise Trump, but disagree with refusing service to Sanders. Let the lady eat her dinner in peace and then do something that will really matter and that is to get to the polls in
    November and vote Trump's clowns out of office. This whole incident seems petty, unnecessary and sinking to the level of Trump and company.

Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Partnered

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Orientation
    Gay

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Quote Originally Posted by swmjck View Post
    I despise Trump, but disagree with refusing service to Sanders. Let the lady eat her dinner in peace and then do something that will really matter and that is to get to the polls in
    November and vote Trump's clowns out of office. This whole incident seems petty, unnecessary and sinking to the level of Trump and company.
    I agree.

The problem I have is Sanders using her public Twitter to publicize and basically attack the restaurant. Any other public employee would be reprimanded or even fired for it.

Quote Originally Posted by tweet from Walter Shaub former director of office for government ethics
    Sanders used her official govt account to condemn a private business for personal reasons. Seeks to coerce business by using her office to get public to pressure it. Violates endorsements ban too, which has an obvious corollary for discouraging patronage. Misuse reg covers both.

Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Partnered

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

This has been a long time coming, too long, why the press at the daily WH briefings don't just shout out liar to her at every meeting to every question is beyond me, i'm also fine with restaurant staff refusing to serve her and telling her and that other blond bitch to fuck off out of the place.

Can you hear me yet?
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Blog Entries

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Quote Originally Posted by Alistair View Post
    I agree.

The problem I have is Sanders using her public Twitter to publicize and basically attack the restaurant. Any other public employee would be reprimanded or even fired for it.
    It's illegal. That's why Trump uses his own Twitter account. If he used the government one, he wouldn't have anything to say.

Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Married

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

I had thought that I wish I had a public accommodation business, so I could post, "Evangelicals, Nazis and other hate groups will not be served." The Red Hen. Good job! I have to look, as I hope there is a go fund me or something for the owner and her staff. Tributing a grand would not be too much to celebrate and endorse Freedom of Expression. Trump and his band of miscreants tweet hateful things about anyone who criticizes or offends them or refuses to give the all too familiar straight arm salute. "Hail Trump" was heard in the political and moral desecration of Charlotteville, as I recall. Their minions, "Der Volk," mobilize to threaten, stalk and abuse the "non-believers" who rightfully and legally speak and act out against the excesses and stupidity of POTUS. Blind obedience, not to the Party, but to the Personality, the POTUS. Robert Mugabe. Kim Jung Un. Absolute power. Hmmm. Wonder when we will all have to take an oath of loyalty?

Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Now, anti-LGBT protestors are showing up outside of the Red Hen

https://www.thenewcivilrightsmovemen...urn-them-lgbt/

They obviously don't realize that it's been 15 years since the USSC ruled that LGBT marriages were legal and that the country hasn't gone to hell in a handbasket. . .unless one considers the election of the Donald and the fiasco of his first 500 days in office and HELL