Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Partnered

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

TrumpCo. to build tent cities for kids separated from families

http://www.mcclatchy-wires.com/incom...heck_82203.jpg

All I can say is thank goodness, something is finally being done to improve conditions in the concentration camps currently housed inside abandoned Walmarts.

I don't think any of us thought that the US would end up at this point.

I think the stories that parents have been told when their kids are separated from them that they are just being taken to have a shower is beyond cruel and morally bankrupt.

I can't even begin to imagine the permanent psychological damage that Trump's policy of tearing children away from their parents is inflicting on many of these very young children.

I can't even believe that in good conscience, I am applauding the notion that a tent city concentration camp is a better thing to do then what is being done right now.

I somehow think that this is how the good, compliant citizens of the US and Canada went along with camps for Japanese citizens in WWII....or how the good people of Germany and Europe were lulled into accepting the concentration camps for Jews, gypsies and homosexuals.

http://amp.mcclatchydc.com/news/poli...mpression=true

JUB Addict

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Re: TrumpCo. to build tent cities for kids separated from families

The moment Trump was in I knew it would be no different than Hotlers >Germany in A Bizzaro way we just need people in the States to Vote dem. It will not get rid of him but he wil be limited as they will roll back everything he has done! Either way this U.S. vet willnever ste foot in the states again!

Type B/A post-gay empath!
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Blog Entries

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

^ What country are you in?

You certainly needn't feel alone about never setting foot in the U. S. again. No, not at all...I have no doubt that it's nearing the point that tourism from foreigners, even including Canadians, will nearly completely dry up. A to you, Pierresro, because I KNOW that you WISH that you could feel comfortable about visiting again.

At this point, if I was raised (say) in Spain or Brazil or Thailand (ETC. ETC. ETC. ETC.), I would probably have no desire whatsoever to visit the United States.
    "Some people without brains do an awful lot of talking." -The Scarecrow, WIZARD OF OZ, 1939
    WASHINGTON: I can't tell a lie. NIXON: I can't tell the truth. TRUMP: I can't tell the difference.
    Make, for a man, a fire - and he'll be warm for a few hours. Set a man afire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
    "MAKE ORWELL FICTION AGAIN!" This is my response to MAGA.

Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Partnered

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Quote Originally Posted by frankfrank View Post
    ^ What country are you in?

You certainly needn't feel alone about never setting foot in the U. S. again. No, not at all...I have no doubt that it's nearing the point that tourism from foreigners, even including Canadians, will nearly completely dry up. A to you, Pierresro, because I KNOW that you WISH that you could feel comfortable about visiting again.

At this point, if I was raised (say) in Spain or Brazil or Thailand (ETC. ETC. ETC. ETC.), I would probably have no desire whatsoever to visit the United States.
    There is a growing movement in Canada this week to cancel US trips and #Buy and travel Canadian. This distresses me. We don't want to punish the Americans who work in the tourist industry...but Canadains dropped nearly 20 billion dollars last year. I know the place we are going to this weekend relies heavily on Canadians....and recognizing that we are penalized about 33% in exchange for crossing the border, when we travel to the US, it is at a significant premium. I just heard from friends today that they have cancelled their winter booking for the winter in Florida.....and they definitely will not be alone. My cousins just cancelled their trip to Las Vegas yesterday as well. This is really rare.

My partner and I had already decided some moths ago to spend our vacation this year on the Rocky Mountaineer...travelling by train through the Rockies down to Vancouver by train.

I won't say we won't ever spend another travel dollar in the US, but it definitely will be a long, long time.

Orientation
    Gay

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Quote Originally Posted by rareboy
    I somehow think that this is how the good, compliant citizens of the US and Canada went along with camps for Japanese citizens in WWII....or how the good people of Germany and Europe were lulled into accepting the concentration camps for Jews, gypsies and homosexuals.
    Right?

Even my boss (who is a die-hard repub.) couldn't believe the story when we talked about it over lunch today.

How many stories have we seen over the last 5 years where parents/guardians were arrested and jailed for keeping their kids in cages?

Orientation
    Straight
    Status
    Single
    Blog Entries

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Quote Originally Posted by Alistair View Post
    Right?

Even my boss (who is a die-hard repub.) couldn't believe the story when we talked about it over lunch today.

How many stories have we seen over the last 5 years where parents/guardians were arrested and jailed for keeping their kids in cages?
    We have become kidnappers and child molesters and Trump/Sessions want to tighten the screws even further. This is child abuse, in our name.
    Fall 2018: Paradise, CA has a new SPF - zero. This is the beginning of the sunburned legacy for our children.- ballcaphair

Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Blog Entries

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Where in the fuck are those Republicans who are supposedly so pro-family? This time, I don't even hear crickets. They're instead as silent on this, as the vacuum of deep space.

This is absolute HATRED of families.

And it ALL has to do with color of skin.

You betcha, if Germany or the UK suddenly descended into unspeakable gang, etc. atrocities such as present-day Hondurdas, Venezuela, etc., THE REPUBLICANS WOULD WELCOME AN UNSTOPPABLE WAVE OF REFUGEES, WITH NO LIMITS WHATSOEVER, and gladly fall all over themselves granting asylum as quickly as possible.

This is ALL about racism, which has been on full display for nearly three years now.

The Republicans WANT the United States to be a shithole country; they embrace it!!
    "Some people without brains do an awful lot of talking." -The Scarecrow, WIZARD OF OZ, 1939
    WASHINGTON: I can't tell a lie. NIXON: I can't tell the truth. TRUMP: I can't tell the difference.
    Make, for a man, a fire - and he'll be warm for a few hours. Set a man afire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

FEAR THE LIBERAL DETENTE! TX-Beau's Avatar
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Open Relationship

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Where in the fuck are those Republicans who are supposedly so pro-family? This time, I don't even hear crickets. They're instead as silent on this, as the vacuum of deep space.

This is absolute HATRED of families.

And it ALL has to do with color of skin.

You betcha, if Germany or the UK suddenly descended into unspeakable gang, etc. atrocities such as present-day Hondurdas, Venezuela, etc., THE REPUBLICANS WOULD WELCOME AN UNSTOPPABLE WAVE OF REFUGEES, WITH NO LIMITS WHATSOEVER, and gladly fall all over themselves granting asylum as quickly as possible.

This is ALL about racism, which has been on full display for nearly three years now.

The Republicans WANT the United States to be a shithole country; they embrace it!!
    Silly Rabbit, Brown people don't have families, they have litters. It's why you put them in kennels.
    ATTACK OF THE LIBERAL ELITE

Can you hear me yet?
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Blog Entries

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

So, the Republicans are using the Bible and a non-existent law to support this 'separation':

“I would cite you to the Apostle Paul and his clear and wise command in Romans 13, to obey the laws of the government because God has ordained them for the purpose of order,” said Sessions.

In her first press briefing since CBS News reported that she may soon leave her position in the Trump administration, Sanders said she had not heard Sessions’s exact comments but agreed with the sentiment.

“I can say it is very biblical to enforce the law,” said Sanders, “that is repeated a number of times in the Bible.”
    https://ca.news.yahoo.com/white-hous...211411136.html

There is no law:

Trump said a "horrible law" requires that children be separated from their parents "once they cross the Border into the U.S."

There is no such law. The Homeland Security Department’s longstanding policy is to separate children from their custodians when they are referred for criminal prosecution. Trump’s administration has decided to prosecute all illegal crossings. Families were rarely prosecuted under previous administrations.
    http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...rating-family/
    Spherical Bastards: People who are bastards no matter how you look at them. - Fritz Zwicky

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

This is why I get so sick of people forgiving soft bigotry because this is exactly what it turns into. One thing is guaranteed when you have a culture of dehumanizing people, it WILL escalate and as human history has consistently shown it will reach unimaginable heights and subject minorities to some of the worst horrors known to mankind. American gays just narrowly dodged this same treatment, yet so many of us including on this site probably see this as a win. I think I'm going to throw up my breakfast.

Orientation
    Gay

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Though cameras were not allowed inside Casa Padre, Homeland Security released some images to journalists. One of the most frightening shows a mural of a grinning Donald Trump. Next to the president's face is a quote, which appears in both English and Spanish: "Sometimes by losing a battle you find a new way to win the war."
    https://www.rollingstone.com/politic...cility-w521518

This is really outrageous

Can you hear me yet?
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Blog Entries

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

^ Even on his deathbed, when the gentle flutter of angel wings can be heard over the lie support systems, this man will be smiling and believing that history will record him as the best president the United States has ever known while most of the world will be wondering who will win the pool.
    Spherical Bastards: People who are bastards no matter how you look at them. - Fritz Zwicky

Orientation
    Gay

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Quote Originally Posted by rareboy View Post
    http://www.mcclatchy-wires.com/incom...heck_82203.jpg

All I can say is thank goodness, something is finally being done to improve conditions in the concentration camps currently housed inside abandoned Walmarts.

I don't think any of us thought that the US would end up at this point.

I think the stories that parents have been told when their kids are separated from them that they are just being taken to have a shower is beyond cruel and morally bankrupt.

I can't even begin to imagine the permanent psychological damage that Trump's policy of tearing children away from their parents is inflicting on many of these very young children.

I can't even believe that in good conscience, I am applauding the notion that a tent city concentration camp is a better thing to do then what is being done right now.

http://amp.mcclatchydc.com/news/poli...mpression=true
    There is one being set up 45 minutes from El Paso in the middle of nowhere. I think 98 children to start with and plenty of empty space for expansion. Oh yeah, 100 degree temperatures under the tents ought to be a great space for 100+ children. Seems like they are trying to hide this one, by putting it so far from, well- anything.

Can you hear me yet?
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Blog Entries

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Quote Originally Posted by gsdx View Post
    lie support systems
    Oops. Still, with Trump, as long as there is life, there are lies. They are one and the same. The system supports both.

Virtus in medio stat JUB Admin opinterph's Avatar
    Status
    Partnered
    Blog Entries

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Quote Originally Posted by swmjck View Post
    … Oh yeah, 100 degree temperatures under the tents ought to be a great space for 100+ children.
    The facility at Tornillo Land Port of Entry can accommodate up to 450 beds.

The shelter site at the Tornillo Land Port of Entry will consist of heavy-duty canvas tents, which will be air-conditioned.

(NPR; June 15, 2018)

Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

More on the Tornillo site with images https://www.thenewcivilrightsmovemen...en-and-filled/

Orientation
    Bisexual
    Status
    Single

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Quote Originally Posted by fabulouslyghetto View Post
    This is why I get so sick of people forgiving soft bigotry because this is exactly what it turns into. One thing is guaranteed when you have a culture of dehumanizing people, it WILL escalate and as human history has consistently shown it will reach unimaginable heights and subject minorities to some of the worst horrors known to mankind. American gays just narrowly dodged this same treatment, yet so many of us including on this site probably see this as a win. I think I'm going to throw up my breakfast.
    trump is a man who wants power, his base are things that power him. Kidnapped brown children and soon, gays will be things to be stored.
    See how beautiful we are and blessed, too. Together we are excellent.

Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Blog Entries

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

When asked about the policy of separating children, D...ump said "I hate it." Then he blamed it on a [nonexisting] law passed by Democrats (FUCKING BULLSHIT!), and he said that's why we need to elect more Republicans. He knows all-fucking-well that Democrats would vote almost unanimously against shredding families with utmost harm to children and parents, and the goddam Republican Cult of Trump would vote for it.

HE HATES IT????

It was a policy unilaterally put in by him and AG Jeff Sessions and nobody else.

Orientation
    Bisexual
    Status
    Single

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

When asked about the policy of separating children, D...ump said "I hate it." Then he blamed it on a [nonexisting] law passed by Democrats (FUCKING BULLSHIT!), and he said that's why we need to elect more Republicans. He knows all-fucking-well that Democrats would vote almost unanimously against shredding families with utmost harm to children and parents, and the goddam Republican Cult of Trump would vote for it.

HE HATES IT????

It was a policy unilaterally put in by him and AG Jeff Sessions and nobody else.
    He speaks before thinking, which is a given. At most he is a mouthpiece for Sessions.

Can you hear me yet?
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Blog Entries

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Then he blamed it on a [nonexisting] law passed by Democrats (FUCKING BULLSHIT!)
    I posted an explanation of this a few posts up:

Quote Originally Posted by gsdx View Post
    So, the Republicans are using the Bible and a non-existent law to support this 'separation':

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...rating-family/

Can you hear me yet?
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Blog Entries

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

He's still insisting it's a Democrat law that he's being forced to uphold.

“CHANGE THE LAWS!” Trump wrote, adding: “It is the Democrats [sic] fault for being weak and ineffective with Boarder [sic] Security and Crime. Tell them to start thinking about the people devastated by Crime coming from illegal immigration. Change the laws!”
    https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-adm...152717690.html

आप बुराई आँख से डरते हैं JUB Admin KaraBulut's Avatar
    Status
    Partnered

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Quote Originally Posted by rareboy View Post
    ... We don't want to punish the Americans who work in the tourist industry...but Canadains dropped nearly 20 billion dollars last year. I know the place we are going to this weekend relies heavily on Canadians....
    Go to the Caribbean, even if you just take a cruise that makes stops there. They really need the money and the business.

Propublica just released audio from the border camps that has children crying for their parents. Unfortunately, we can't link directly to it because of the images of the children but you can find it here:
    https://www.propublica.org/article/c...gration-policy
    JUB's full list of smilies can be found here. BBcodes are here.

Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Chief of Homeland Security, which has supplied some of the images of the internment camps, denies any knowledge of where girls or toddlers are being held. Says that the situation is in HHS's ballpark

https://www.thenewcivilrightsmovemen...are-the-girls/

Status
    Partnered

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

By the way, several conservative websites are reposting images of children in cages that are not current.

Some of the images were taken in during the Obama adminstration and are being used to bait, so that they can say, "See, Obama did it too!". These images taken in 2014 in a holding facility in Arizona and the images were not children who had been separated from their families- these were minors who arrived in the US alone and were placed in overflow cages that were not appropriate for children. It was wrong then and it's equally wrong now.

There's also another image of young boy in a blue shirt that was taken at a protest a couple of weeks ago in Dallas. It is not an image of the camps at the border.

There's over 10,000 minors being held in custody by DHS. The Press and Congress has had very limited access to these kids. Most of the images that are coming out in the media are not of these children.

Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Blog Entries

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

^ KaraBulut, all this secrecy brings up the specter of possible child abuse and human trafficking, doesn't it?

This is so horrific on so many levels, and this is alone to make me regard my own homeland as a SHITHOLE NATION.

Can you hear me yet?
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Blog Entries

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

^ KaraBulut, all this secrecy brings up the specter of possible child abuse and human trafficking, doesn't it?
    I wonder how Trump supporters see this as compared to, say, a basement in a pizza parlour?

Status
    Partnered

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

The government has already admitted that there are over 1,000 children who arrived in 2016 before this latest influx that the government cannot locate. These children were placed with "guardians" and the government has lost track of their whereabouts.

Today, DHS Secretary Kirsten Nielsen was asked about whether there was a system for making sure that the US Government has the ability to ensure that these children are reunited with their parents. She said she didn't know because the parents are routed to DOJ for prosecution while the children are routed to HHS for guardianship. What is scary is that- in addition to the fact that Trump has managed to find an incompetent female bureaucrat- she has signed off on a policy to separate families without any idea of whether there is a way to put them back together.

In April 2018, Senator Portman (R-OH) confirmed that HHS had released children to human traffickers who worked children on Ohio farms to pay off their smugglers' fees. From his press release:
    ...HHS released these children back into the custody of those human traffickers without vetting them. Let me repeat that: HHS placed those kids with human traffickers.

The traffickers took them to an egg farm in Marion, Ohio, where the children lived in squalid conditions and were forced to work 12 hours a day, six days a week, for more than a year. The traffickers threatened the children and their families with physical harm—and even death—if the children didn’t work.

This Subcommittee investigated. We found that HHS didn’t do background checks on those sponsors.

JUB Addict
    Status
    Single

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

I wondered if it was any improvement putting the children in tent cities with the heat there is in the southwest. I am glad that someone said that there are air conditioners installed. I still wonder if they are adequate.

Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Married

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Do you not recognize them? Those who yank children from their parents and put them in cages in the name of "LAW"? The names and roles may be different, but they are familiar characters. They were there in the antebellum South at slave auctions. They were there 80 years ago in Germany and Poland at the camps. Separating mothers and fathers from each other and even from their children. And it was all within the laws of those places and times. And here we are, seeing the smug President and his smarmy Attorney General and the babbling head of Homeland Security without shame or conscience or contrition... framing their disdain for human dignity in the context of THE LAW. Be not misled or confused by doublespeak or excuses or meaningless evasions and pathetic rhetoric. These are the very same people that history abhors. They are not blameless. They have done this with malice aforethought. A plan. And by these acts, we know beyond all doubt that they are capable of so much worse.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	download1.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	3.1 KB 
ID:	1268241

Orientation
    Bisexual
    Status
    Single

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Quote Originally Posted by Dystopian View Post
    Do you not recognize them? Those who yank children from their parents and put them in cages in the name of "LAW"? The names and roles may be different, but they are familiar characters. They were there in the antebellum South at slave auctions. They were there 80 years ago in Germany and Poland at the camps. Separating mothers and fathers from each other and even from their children. And it was all within the laws of those places and times. And here we are, seeing the smug President and his smarmy Attorney General and the babbling head of Homeland Security without shame or conscience or contrition... framing their disdain for human dignity in the context of THE LAW. Be not misled or confused by doublespeak or excuses or meaningless evasions and pathetic rhetoric. These are the very same people that history abhors. They are not blameless. They have done this with malice aforethought. A plan. And by these acts, we know beyond all doubt that they are capable of so much worse.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	download1.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	3.1 KB 
ID:	1268241
    Dystopian is exact. This bears repeating because it is articulate. It reminds us that there are children weeping in the desert.

Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Blog Entries

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Quote Originally Posted by Rickrock View Post
    I wondered if it was any improvement putting the children in tent cities with the heat there is in the southwest. I am glad that someone said that there are air conditioners installed. I still wonder if they are adequate.
    The air conditioners may be installed, but do we even know if the electricity is being turned on to actually run them?

Christmas Love !!
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Harsh, but pretty much nails the reality.

Status
    Partnered

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

The air conditioners may be installed, but do we even know if the electricity is being turned on to actually run them?
    It wouldn't matter if they were putting them up in the Four Seasons. Separating children from their parents and incarcerating them is wrong. Imprisoning school age children separate from their family is the original sin.

Orientation
    Bisexual
    Status
    Partnered

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Here are the actual FACTS of what's happening with the children...

https://amp-usatoday-com.cdn.ampproj...2F650755002%2F

Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Married

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Quote Originally Posted by cityboy-stl View Post

Harsh, but pretty much nails the reality.
    The Party of "Family Values" (read: no fags or dykes or T's).....and "Right to Life" (at least until they pop out) are enforcing our "Laws". Who benefits by separating families? This is cruel and unusual and does not represent American Values....at least, what used to be American Values. Where is the legislation that says, "Separate children from their parents and store them in cages in old Walmarts?" Does anyone know?

Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Married

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Jeff Sessions, US Attorney General and my personal ethical and moral touchstone , pushes back on comparisons between this Administration and Nazi tactics in Germany. He is quoted in today's Huffington Post, "...they were trying to keep Jews from leaving." So, now we have the punch line, where's the joke? This is like a schtick from SNL for chrissake. WTF? That's all you've got? That is a difference, but his statement betrays a lack of clarity on the greater human rights concept under discussion. But then, when Jeff was in law school in Alabama, human rights probably wasn't a big topic. "Oh, Justice, thou are fled to brutish beasts, and me have lost their reason.
    Last edited by Dystopian; June 19th, 2018 at 08:54 AM.

Can you hear me yet?
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Blog Entries

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Quote Originally Posted by Dystopian View Post
    Where is the legislation that says, "Separate children from their parents and store them in cages in old Walmarts?" Does anyone know?
    It exists only in Trump's mind, right there with all the other non-knowledge he has stuffed in there.

Status
    Partnered

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Quote Originally Posted by KaraBulut View Post
    The government has already admitted that there are over 1,000 children who arrived in 2016 before this latest influx that the government cannot locate. These children were placed with "guardians" and the government has lost track of their whereabouts.
    Quietly today, the US Government updated the number of immigrant children that it is unable to locate from 1,500 to 6,000:
    US officials likely lost track of nearly 6,000 unaccompanied migrant children
    The Trump administration has likely lost track of nearly 6,000 unaccompanied migrant children, thousands more than lawmakers were alerted to last month, according to a McClatchy review of federal data.

Federal officials acknowledged last month that nearly 1,500 unaccompanied minors arrived on the southern border alone without their parents and were placed with sponsors who did not keep in touch with federal officials, but those numbers were only a snapshot of a three-month period during the last fiscal year.

Can you hear me yet?
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Blog Entries

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

^ That actually makes my heart hurt.

Christmas Love !!
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Blog Entries

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Quietly today, the US Government updated the number of immigrant children that it is unable to locate from 1,500 to 6,000:
    US officials likely lost track of nearly 6,000 unaccompanied migrant children
    I'm starting to wonder how many of these children have been buried in secret mass graves.

That is NOT too depraved for those running the show, because killing them off would save money.

Rachel Maddow broke down in tears as the news about the baby-and-toddler CONCENTRATION CAMPS hit the news at the very end of her show.

JUB Addict

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

we're a mess here---so much anger and sadism and evil coming from trump--he's always been a sadistic scumbag------republicans support this policy---I'm for a strong immigration policy---KNOWING that these trump groupies don't want the jobs they do---hypocrites---and both parties are not honest about how to solve this problem---but orange psycho is just speading nazi terminology and his base loves it.

Status
    Partnered

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

I'm starting to wonder how many of these children have been buried in secret mass graves.

That is NOT too depraved for those running the show, because killing them off would save money.
    In fairness, most of these children are just lost in the system. They were placed with relatives or guardians and the government has lost track of their whereabouts.

It's another part of a really broken system. There's not a legal means for migrant workers to come to the US legally. Those who come seeking asylum are being sabotaged at the border checkpoints that are setup for asylum requests. Because they are being turned away when they request asylum, this forces them to cross the border illegally. The children have to be placed somewhere while their parents' deportation case is processed and the US government is just not good at housing or tracking these children once they are in the system.

Rachel Maddow broke down in tears as the news about the baby-and-toddler CONCENTRATION CAMPS hit the news at the very end of her show.
    What is shocking about all of this is how it demonstrates the basic lack of decency of Trump; he is truly tone-deaf to the implications of mass incarceration of children. His statements seem to be about candy for his "base" and using the issue as coercion to get Democrats to fund the frivolity of a $10 billion border wall.

The Press hasn't done a good job of covering the issue of what has been going on at the border for the past decade. The real story is that the US is wasting millions of dollars turning the border into a militarized zone that has done very little to stop movement of people or drugs across the border. It's difficult to determine which actions are in the interest of "border security" versus what is being done so that politicians can claim to be "tough on immigration".

The Press also hasn't done a good accounting of what all of this mess is costing the US taxpayers. It takes millions of dollars to do what they are doing and that's money could be spent elsewhere.

Orientation
    Bisexual
    Status
    Single

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

It would appear that the Republicans will blame the Democrats and neither will stop this child abuse. This country is no longer the sanctuary for the needy, from weeping, children in the desert, weeping parents of lost children and "family valuses." These children and parents will be changed forever by coming here, but not in an American way. This is un-American.

I am emailing every representative I have, from my county commissioners to the state and feds. I'm keepin' it simple:

You do not represent me, or my values. SHAME ON YOU!

Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Partnered

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Virtus in medio stat JUB Admin opinterph's Avatar
    Status
    Partnered
    Blog Entries

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

His statements seem to be about candy for his "base" and using the issue as coercion to get Democrats to fund the frivolity of a $10 billion border wall.
    It's more like $25 billion. [Link]

Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Partnered

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

I still don't get why he needs the Dems.

The Republicans control all 3 branches of government .

Get them to pay for the wall out of the tax cuts.

Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Partnered

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Orientation
    Gay

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Cormac and RB. Those both actually brought tears to my eyes.

I'm posting both to my Facebook wall. What I've been seeing there from my own family disgusts me.