Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Available

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Joe Arpaio is pardoned

by President Trump.

What a travesty. Although I'm not a Sarandon supporter, I do believe all this shit piling up will ultimately help us oust the fool at the top. I know it didn't work out that way in the election, but now that we are in the administration and progress is not happening, we have a chance.

Now that his base is learning "Mexico" will pay for the wall apparently meant Mexicans paying taxes in the US AND the rest of us, more of his core will defect, Arpayo notwithstanding.

Possible? Relevant?

Banned

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Re: Joe Arpayo is pardoned

The travesty was in holding him in contempt for doing what the constitution requires the federal government to do but Omama would not: protect the states from invasion. For Obama, immigration legal and illegal was a priority to end the white majority, replacing it with a "hodgepodge". Trump was elected in large part because of his promise to end illegal immigration, and pardoning Arapaho was consistent with that mandate.

Can you hear me yet?
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Blog Entries

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Let's just say that it's going to be the worst year for wine in history.

(Think about it. You'll get it. )
    Spherical Bastards: People who are bastards no matter how you look at them. - Fritz Zwicky

Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Available

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

LOL.

It's just going to be the worst year ever. You know it when you realize an eclipse will be the bright spot.

eastofeden

As for this year...I used to like watching The Twilight Zone..never thought I would be stuck in an actual Twilight Zone....

I have actually contemplated that I am having a really long nightmare and perhaps asleep somewhere...keeping my fingers crossed just in case....

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Quote Originally Posted by Benvolio View Post
    The travesty was in holding him in contempt for doing what the constitution requires the federal government to do but Omama would not: protect the states from invasion. For Obama, immigration legal and illegal was a priority to end the white majority, replacing it with a "hodgepodge". Trump was elected in large part because of his promise to end illegal immigration, and pardoning Arapaho was consistent with that mandate.
    let me guess...a little Freudian slip into the next group of brown people on your shit list?

Orientation
    Gay

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

State or local officials cannot be required to enforce federal law. Arpaio is a sick sadistic motherfucker who forgot when Italians were persecuted. [A real lawyer would know about the anti-commandeering doctrine.]

Banned

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Quote Originally Posted by johaninsc View Post
    let me guess...a little Freudian slip into the next group of brown people on your shit list?
    No, it's the d------d spell check.

Can you hear me yet?
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Blog Entries

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

The internet is awash with negative feedback over Trump's pardon saying that it puts Arpaio above the law, that Trump's action was a national embarrassment. He is, literally, condoning racism, right after condoning the racists who invaded Charlottesville a few days ago.

From the ACLU:

“With his pardon of Arpaio, Trump has chosen lawlessness over justice, division over unity, hurt over healing. Once again, the president has acted in support of illegal, failed immigration enforcement practices that target people of color and have been struck down by the courts. His pardon of Arpaio is a presidential endorsement of racism."
    https://www.aclu.org/news/aclu-comme...n-joe-arpaio-0

For more reactions: https://ca.news.yahoo.com/pardon-tru...133406132.html
    Spherical Bastards: People who are bastards no matter how you look at them. - Fritz Zwicky

Orientation
    Bisexual
    Status
    Single

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Quote Originally Posted by gsdx View Post
    The internet is awash with negative feedback over Trump's pardon saying that it puts Arpaio above the law, that Trump's action was a national embarrassment. He is, literally, condoning racism, right after condoning the racists who invaded Charlottesville a few days ago.

From the ACLU:

https://www.aclu.org/news/aclu-comme...n-joe-arpaio-0

For more reactions: https://ca.news.yahoo.com/pardon-tru...133406132.html
    I believe that the potus believes himself above the law. Look at where all his lying has led him. You know "The WHITE to pursue happiness,"
    See how beautiful we are and blessed, too. Together we are excellent.

Banned

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

What total hypocrisy! Obama set a record pardoning 1715 criminals. Clinton pardoned Marc Rich after his wife made huge donation to Clinton library. Trump has only issued ONE pardon and that for a man defending the country and his state from invasion, and from the democrat desire to flood the country with illegals. Arpayo's only crime was in being a patriot, and the people who elected Trump appreciate it.

Can you hear me yet?
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Blog Entries

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

With special thanks to johaninsc for finding this. It must be posted here for those who won't see it otherwise. Trump has no regard for America, for Americans, nor the American Constitution except when it suits him.

Banned

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

The Constitution gives the pres virtually unlimited pardoning power so get over it.

Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Partnered

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

What total hypocrisy! Obama set a record pardoning 1715 criminals. Clinton pardoned Marc Rich after his wife made huge donation to Clinton library. Trump has only issued ONE pardon and that for a man defending the country and his state from invasion, and from the democrat desire to flood the country with illegals. Arpayo's only crime was in being a patriot, and the people who elected Trump appreciate it.
    That an elected sheriff over rode the provisions of the law, acting lawlessly...evidenced by former sheriff, Joe Arpayo's conviction by a court of law....it is arguable that those law enforcement officers who flaunt the law, by their lawless actions....should be held to their oath of office by reminding them that all citizens, and residents of the United States are bound by the laws of the United States...without exception.

From my perch Trump's pardon of Mr. Arpayo is one more nail in Trump's coffin...

Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Partnered

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

On another note, and from an humanitarian view point were I the state governor I would have commuted Mr. Arpayo's prison sentence to a heavy fine, thus ensuring that he does not become a hero among white supremacists. His conviction would stand as a warning to other law enforcement officers, that all are equal under the law.

That Mr. Arpayo treated aliens inhumanely encourages me to believe that society should treat him humanely, thus setting the right example....that inhumane treatment of human beings, should be discouraged.

Can you hear me yet?
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Blog Entries

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

What total hypocrisy! Obama set a record pardoning 1715 criminals.
    I have told you many, many times that you should do your homework. Most of the pardons and commutations were drug dealings.

This is a complete list from a government website of ALL the individuals pardoned by Obama for committing federal crimes, and it comes nowhere near your 1715. I counted them, and it is just over 200.

https://www.justice.gov/pardon/obama-pardons

I love when you argue yourself into losing your argument.

By pardoning Arpaio, Trump has put Arpaio above the law. He has proclaimed that the justice system is useless, and he has made if very, very clear that his 'friends' will be safe and free. They can defy the law and the courts any time they want. He is making a mockery of the entire system and the United States of America.

I hope you're proud.

Banned

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Quote Originally Posted by kallipolis View Post
    That an elected sheriff over rode the provisions of the law, acting lawlessly...evidenced by former sheriff, Joe Arpayo's conviction by a court of law....it is arguable that those law enforcement officers who flaunt the law, by their lawless actions....should be held to their oath of office by reminding them that all citizens, and residents of the United States are bound by the laws of the United States...without exception.

From my perch Trump's pardon of Mr. Arpayo is one more nail in Trump's coffin...
    But remember, the Constititon requires the federal government to protect the states from invasion. It does not say that the states may not protect themselves. The democrats choose to ignore the requirement because the invaders will vote democrats when they can.
    You cannot win this debate on who is ignoring the law. Trump righted a wrong, which is the best use of the pardon.

Banned

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

I have told you many, many times that you should do your homework. Most of the pardons and commutations were drug dealings.

This is a complete list from a government website of ALL the individuals pardoned by Obama for committing federal crimes, and it comes nowhere near your 1715. I counted them, and it is just over 200.

https://www.justice.gov/pardon/obama-pardons

I love when you argue yourself into losing your argument.

By pardoning Arpaio, Trump has put Arpaio above the law. He has proclaimed that the justice system is useless, and he has made if very, very clear that his 'friends' will be safe and free. They can defy the law and the courts any time they want. He is making a mockery of the entire system and the United States of America.

I hope you're proud.
    You claim the drug dealing were not violations of federal criminal law? You are putting drug dealers above the law. Worse you put illegal invaders above the law. Obama made a mockery of federal law, as do you.

Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Partnered

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

But remember, the Constititon requires the federal government to protect the states from invasion. It does not say that the states may not protect themselves. The democrats choose to ignore the requirement because the invaders will vote democrats when they can.
    You cannot win this debate on who is ignoring the law. Trump righted a wrong, which is the best use of the pardon.
    Illegal immigration does not constitute....invasion....

A law enforcement officer appointing himself judge, jury, and punisher of illegal immigrants...by deliberately ignoring the laws of the United States....is tantamount to rebellion, against the laws of the United States.

Can you hear me yet?
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Blog Entries

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

I'm surprised he's still using that excuse. For a lawyer and constitutional expert having taken US Constitution 101, you would think he would stop defending lawbreakers.

Banned

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

A law enforcement officer appointing himself judge, jury, and punisher of illegal immigrants...by deliberately ignoring the laws of the United States....is tantamount to rebellion, against the laws of the United States.
    Of course illegal entry is invasion. That cannot be changed by using the word immigration.

Banned

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

The Constitution, mandating the protection from invasion, trumps lesser laws.

Status
    Married (to a man)

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

What total hypocrisy! Obama set a record pardoning 1715 criminals. Clinton pardoned Marc Rich....
    The Constitution gives the pres virtually unlimited pardoning power so get over it.
    yes errr...

Banned

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Quote Originally Posted by bankside View Post
    yes errr...
    So why are you hassling Trump for his one pardon of a patriot defending our country?

Can you hear me yet?
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Blog Entries

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Trump didn't even pardon him properly.

There is no legal dispute over Trump's ability to pardon in a contempt of court case, as was Arpaio's. The U.S. Supreme Court ruled in 1925 that a presidential pardon for a criminal contempt of court sentence was within the powers of the executive, and Trump had telegraphed his move for days. But the pardon was unusual given that Arpaio was awaiting sentencing. It also had not gone through the normal pardon process, which includes lengthy reviews by the Justice Department and the White House counsel's office
    https://ca.news.yahoo.com/trump-pard...001101036.html

EDIT: So, in essence, Trump defied judiciary law to pardon a man who defied judiciary law.

Banned

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

EDIT: So, in essence, Trump defied judiciary law to pardon a man who defied judiciary law.
    Nonsense. The "usual pardon process" is not law; it is custom at best and in no way a limitation on the president's constitutional power to pardon. Again, the constitution trumps lesser laws.

Orientation
    Bisexual
    Status
    Single

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Period.

Banned

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Quote Originally Posted by ballcaphair View Post
    Period.
    So please tell us what "judiciary law" did Trump violate? Lol, lol

Can you hear me yet?
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Blog Entries

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

So please tell us what "judiciary law" did Trump violate? Lol, lol
    You're the lawyer. You tell me. But, since you're consistently wrong in virtually everything you say, your response would be suspect at best.

Orientation
    Bisexual
    Status
    Single

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

You're the lawyer. You tell me. But, since you're consistently wrong in virtually everything you say, your response would be suspect at best.
    The first thing we do is to mock all the lawyers.

Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Blog Entries

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

That he may choose to pardon someone doesn't mean it's wise or warranted. For that matter, can leak out whatever government secrets he deems unable to keep to himself and technically would not face any kind of legal consequence. It stunk to high heaven when Clinton issued some of his pardons, especially to people like Rich. But to supposed public servants whose interpretation of the constitution gives them the right to treat those he deems criminals in a brutal, inhumane manner...fuck no, Arpaio is absolutely NOT pardon material.

Banned

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

I already did. Trump did not violate any law in exercising his Constitutional power to pardon Arpayo for defending his country from the illegal invaders and their facilitators, the democrats.

Can you hear me yet?
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Blog Entries

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

I already did. Trump did not violate any law in exercising his Constitutional power to pardon Arpayo for defending his country from the illegal invaders and their facilitators, the democrats.
    And I didn't say that he did. You really should look up the phrase 'in essence'.

I do love how you consistently condone, defend, and even advocate criminal behaviour.

Blog Entries

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Re: Joe Arpaio is pardoned

And I didn't say that he did. You really should look up the phrase 'in essence'.

I do love how you consistently condone, defend, and even advocate criminal behaviour.
    Are we surprised?

If this was the Democrats he would have a Brain Aneurysm over it.

JUB Addict

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	trump values.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	99.7 KB 
ID:	1233366

trump is a trashy individual---he has no values and never has---the fact that he's "president" says a lot about the people who voted for him and about some American values in general. Every legal expert has said this "sheriff" is a law breaker---and at very least should have served some time in jail before the orange creep pardoned him. No president pardons anyone this early in an administration. Most say Russia is a big deal---and he's sending a message to all the scum lawbreakers he hired that they will be pardoned too ---just hold tight and keep their mouths shut.

Banned

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Quote Originally Posted by nycguydowntown View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	trump values.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	99.7 KB 
ID:	1233366

trump is a trashy individual---he has no values and never has---the fact that he's "president" says a lot about the people who voted for him and about some American values in general. Every legal expert has said this "sheriff" is a law breaker---and at very least should have served some time in jail before the orange creep pardoned him. No president pardons anyone this early in an administration. Most say Russia is a big deal---and he's sending a message to all the scum lawbreakers he hired that they will be pardoned too ---just hold tight and keep their mouths shut.
    Boo hoo, he stopped illegal aliens from invading our country.

Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

I would also like to point out that just because the Donald issued a "Federal" pardon to this "gentleman" does not mean that he still can't be prosecuted at state or local level.

Banned

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Quote Originally Posted by smokeshadow View Post
    I would also like to point out that just because the Donald issued a "Federal" pardon to this "gentleman" does not mean that he still can't be prosecuted at state or local level.
    What state or local law did he violate. On the federal level he is not accused of violating a specific criminal statute, but of violating a court order not to stop suspected illegal invaders.

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

What state or local law did he violate. On the federal level he is not accused of violating a specific criminal statute, but of violating a court order not to stop suspected illegal invaders.
    I've been trying to find that specific court order, with no luck; one in which he is ordered not to stop suspected illegal invaders

can you provide me a link to that one please...as a lawyer, that should be fairly easy for you.

thanks

Banned

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

I've been trying to find that specific court order, with no luck; one in which he is ordered not to stop suspected illegal invaders

can you provide me a link to that one please...as a lawyer, that should be fairly easy for you.

thanks

Not all court orders are publicly available on the internet.

Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Partnered

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

These are your crystal clear words:

Surely you have a link to a credible source that evidences your declaration.

Otherwise, it is your opinion, based upon your prejudice.

JUB Addict

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Spare me with illegal immigration the next thing you will say is the threat of a terrorist attack. Since January of this year over 40,000 Americans have been injured or killed by guns take a loot at this site it shows every one of the murders almost 500 children over 2000 teens and almost 250 mass shootings this piece of shit that he pardoned will not be pardoned Trump did not have the authority. It shows every incident by street and state of each tye and yes it includes real criminals that were shot and probably deserved it
    http://www.gunviolencearchive.org/

Can you hear me yet?
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Blog Entries

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Nice bullet you dodged there. You do realise, don't you, that your credibility here is lower than Trump's popularity?

Banned

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

These are your crystal clear words:

Surely you have a link to a credible source that evidences your declaration.

Otherwise, it is your opinion, based upon your prejudice.
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Arpaio

Can you hear me yet?
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Blog Entries

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Now we know why. It wasn't about Arpaio. It was, as usual, All About Trump!

The White House's Friday announcement came as Hurricane Harvey threatened to batter Texas with heavy winds and severe flooding and shortly after the administration outlined long-awaited details of Trump's plan to ban transgender individuals from serving in the military. But Trump pushed back on the assumption the timing was intended to bury the news, claiming instead that he'd announced the pardon then because he knew people would be watching.

"In the middle of a hurricane, even though it was Friday evening, I assumed the ratings would be far higher than they would be normally," he said.
    https://ca.news.yahoo.com/trump-defe...213918037.html

Banned

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Now we know why. It wasn't about Arpaio. It was, as usual, All About Trump!

https://ca.news.yahoo.com/trump-defe...213918037.html
    Yeah, yeah. If he had announced it another time he would have been accused of hiding it. Whatever he does is wrong. We get it.

Virtus in medio stat JUB Admin opinterph's Avatar
    Status
    Partnered
    Blog Entries

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Melendres, et al v. Arpaio, et al (Findings of Facts and Order Setting a Hearing for May 31, 2016)
    From Page 5 …
    Sheriff Arpaio has conceded that he is liable for civil contempt for violating the terms of the preliminary injunction. Nevertheless, whether his contempt of the injunction was knowing and intentional is relevant to the appropriate remedy. The Court thus finds that Arpaio is in civil contempt and additionally finds that Arpaio’s contempt was both knowing and intentional.

United States of America v. Joseph M. Arpaio (Findings of Fact and Conclusions of Law)
    From Page 14 …
    The evidence at trial proves beyond a reasonable doubt and the Court finds that Judge Snow issued a clear and definite order enjoining Defendant from detaining persons for further investigation without reasonable suspicion that a crime has been or is being committed; that Defendant knew of the order; and that Defendant willfully violated the order by failing to do anything to ensure his subordinates’ compliance and by directing them to continue to detain persons for whom no criminal charges could be filed. Because the Court finds that Defendant willfully violated an order of the court, it finds Defendant guilty of criminal contempt.

"Repent, Harlequin!" TickTockMan's Avatar
    Status
    Available

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Found this. Anyone know if it is true? I thought the president could pardon anyone they felt like.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 21270891_1907412872608534_8042236170050435331_n.jpg  
    "I yearn for the day when soul transplants come to be."

Banned

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

The President's unlimited power to pardon is a Constitutional power, beyond the reach of activist judges. No way the five Justice majority will try to amend the Constitution to limit that power.

Can you hear me yet?
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Blog Entries

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Found this:

U.S. District Court Judge Susan Bolton canceled former Sheriff Joe Arpaio's upcoming sentencing hearing for his criminal contempt-of-court conviction, telling attorneys not to file replies to motions that were pending before his recent presidential pardon.

However, Bolton on Tuesday stopped short of throwing out the conviction based solely on Arpaio's request. Instead she ordered Arpaio and the U.S. Department of Justice, which is prosecuting the case, to file briefs on why she should or shouldn't grant Arpaio's request.

Arpaio's attorneys asked Bolton on Monday to vacate Arpaio's conviction in light of President Donald Trump's Friday pardon.

Bolton has scheduled oral arguments on the matter for Oct. 4, the day before Arpaio was supposed to be sentenced.

There is case law that says a pardon implies an admission of guilt, and that will have to be argued in open court.
    http://www.azcentral.com/story/news/...nts/614854001/