auribus teneo lupum Stardreamer's Avatar
    Orientation
    Bisexual
    Status
    Married

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Trump Staff Picks

So the news all this week is Trump's very public parade of candidates for his cabinet and staff to meet with Trump. I just did a spit take on hearing that Laura Ingram is being considered for Press Secretary. What do you think of the folks being considered so far and what this telling of about what Trump's White House will be like.
    "A person who sees moral equivalence in Charlottesville, who talks about and treats women like they're pieces of meat, who lies constantly about matters big and small and insists the American people believe it, [is] not fit to be president, on moral grounds."

Banned

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Re: Trump Staff Picks

Quote Originally Posted by Stardreamer View Post
    So the news all this week is Trump's very public parade of candidates for his cabinet and staff to meet with Trump. I just did a spit take on hearing that Laura Ingram is being considered for Press Secretary. What do you think of the folks being considered so far and what this telling of about what Trump's White House will be like.
    They indicate he is serious about pursuing his campaign promises. It is also impressive that he is making timely and decisive choices, sooner than most president elects. I am very pleased with Sessions. All presidents promise to stop the flood over the border. Nudge nudge wink wink. Sessions is serious about it.

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

looks like he's assembling his dream team...

eastofeden

Ken Blackwell....

Is there anything left to say? Not really. A few of us said it all before the election.

We were right.

...and I was right not to "give him a chance"....

I am glad I didn't make excuses for him or pretend "both candidates were the same"....

Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Partnered

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

No appointment he makes surprises me.

But I do see Guiliani and Christie being pushed aside by the people who are really making the decisions.

Orientation
    Bisexual
    Status
    Married

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Quote Originally Posted by Benvolio View Post
    They indicate he is serious about pursuing his campaign promises. It is also impressive that he is making timely and decisive choices, sooner than most president elects. I am very pleased with Sessions. All presidents promise to stop the flood over the border. Nudge nudge wink wink. Sessions is serious about it.
    Wasn't he turned down by Congress once before for a judge position? Has his position on civil rights improved any since then?
    "A person who sees moral equivalence in Charlottesville, who talks about and treats women like they're pieces of meat, who lies constantly about matters big and small and insists the American people believe it, [is] not fit to be president, on moral grounds."

Orientation
    Bisexual
    Status
    Married

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Quote Originally Posted by eastofeden View Post
    Ken Blackwell....

Is there anything left to say? Not really. A few of us said it all before the election.

We were right.

...and I was right not to "give him a chance"....

I am glad I didn't make excuses for him or pretend "both candidates were the same"....
    An AG that supported a traditional marriage amendment and now this guy who thinks gays should be rehabilitated. Why do I keep being told by Trump supporters that he will 'protect' LGBT folks?

Blog Entries

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

An AG that supported a traditional marriage amendment and now this guy who thinks gays should be rehabilitated. Why do I keep being told by Trump supporters that he will 'protect' LGBT folks?
    They are delusional, always have been.
    "Stand among the ashes of a trillion dead souls, and ask the ghosts if honour matters. The silence is your answer."

Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Partnered

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Quote Originally Posted by MakeDigitalLove View Post
    They are delusional, always have been.
    Pretty much this.

They think that because Donald knows some homos and had one very powerful and rich one support him that he will be cool with homos being married.

But he will play directly to his base and will slam the homos the minute he thinks it will shore up the mid-terms.

Just wait to see how ugly he and his Republican party can make it.

Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Partnered

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

His National Security Advisor believes Fake News and conspiracy theories.

http://www.vox.com/world/2016/11/19/...ser-actual-job

Orientation
    Gay

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Quote Originally Posted by rareboy View Post
    No appointment he makes surprises me.

But I do see Guiliani and Christie being pushed aside by the people who are really making the decisions.
    If these ass-kissers are pushed aside, I see some Shakespearean plot coming.

These sycophants are nauseating.

Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Partnered

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

A more comprehensive article on the racist slurs attributed to Sessions, that make for unpleasant revelations:

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...al-racial-slur

Donald Trump’s nominee for US attorney general was once accused of calling a black official in Alabama a “nigger”, and then gave a false explanation to the US Senate when testifying about the allegation.

Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Blog Entries

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

So far just about all of his proposed or the few actual names that are definitive picks are at best troublesome to outright alarming. Sessions is awful, with so much history against civil rights and liberties it 's just jawdropping in its audacity. Only Rance Priebus is a decent pick, and Trump offset that by bringing in as chief adviser Stephen Bannon... guy swears he isn't a white nationalist but has said so many nasty, insensitive things about so many different groups his "defense" rings quite hollow. Retired General Michael Flynn and Congressman Mike Pompeo of Kansas, Trump's picks respectively for National Security Advisor and CIA director are both very inflammatory and hyperpartisan choices... plus Flynn's business interests are showing conflict with his responsibilities to the president.

I shudder to think of the damage that a President Trump will do in just the first few weeks of his administration... I'm always trying to be at least cautiously optimistic things will work out as they should over time. However this one gives me great pause.... I just don't know if we can get through this without significant damage being done to our already deeply polarized fabric. I'm pretty glum right now.

Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Trump's house of cards just keeps falling: http://www.thenewcivilrightsmovement...erican_society

Orientation
    Bisexual
    Status
    Partnered

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct
    Quote Originally Posted by Sausy View Post
    So far just about all of his proposed or the few actual names that are definitive picks are at best troublesome to outright alarming. Sessions is awful, with so much history against civil rights and liberties it 's just jawdropping in its audacity. Only Rance Priebus is a decent pick, and Trump offset that by bringing in as chief adviser Stephen Bannon... guy swears he isn't a white nationalist but has said so many nasty, insensitive things about so many different groups his "defense" rings quite hollow. Retired General Michael Flynn and Congressman Mike Pompeo of Kansas, Trump's picks respectively for National Security Advisor and CIA director are both very inflammatory and hyperpartisan choices... plus Flynn's business interests are showing conflict with his responsibilities to the president.

I shudder to think of the damage that a President Trump will do in just the first few weeks of his administration... I'm always trying to be at least cautiously optimistic things will work out as they should over time. However this one gives me great pause.... I just don't know if we can get through this without significant damage being done to our already deeply polarized fabric. I'm pretty glum right now.
    If there's anything he's unlikely to do, it's moderate his behaviour.
    Even during the campaign he could only last maybe half a speech.
    Blah blah blah, something enigmatic sounding...

Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Partnered

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Quote Originally Posted by smokeshadow View Post
    Trump's house of cards just keeps falling: http://www.thenewcivilrightsmovement...erican_society
    Ryan Lizza, the Washington correspondent for The New Yorker magazine, has given new definition to the phenomenon sweeping the American government as the Trump transition team and incoming administration struggle to get organised. Lizza has labeled it, “Kakistocracy,” which, is defined as, "government by the least qualified or most unprincipled citizens." The American Heritage Dictionary gives the origin of kakistocracy as from the Greek word, kakistos, worst, superlative of kakos, bad.
    He has a lot of role models in the African leaders.

JUB Addict
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Retreads from the war years of Bush-Cheney and then rest are from the GOP dumpster of bigots of hate and intolerance.

In mourning for America.
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Chicago!! (A big city, but my country is DYING!)
    Blog Entries

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

The possibility of Mitt Romney for SoS is probably palatable under the circumstances...but many of his picks are catastrophically awful.

In general, it's a concerted effort to take the United States back eighty years and, in the process, destroy everything that makes it special to be American.
    "Some people without brains do an awful lot of talking." -The Scarecrow, WIZARD OF OZ, 1939
    If you think that fertilized eggs are PEOPLE, and refugees AREN'T, *YOU* are the problem.
    Make, for a man, a fire - and he'll be warm for a few hours. Set a man afire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
    Satire is meant to ridicule power. If you are laughing at people who are hurting, it's not satire, it's bullying. - Terry Pratchett

Banned

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Quote Originally Posted by frankfrank View Post
    The possibility of Mitt Romney for SoS is probably palatable under the circumstances...but many of his picks are catastrophically awful.

In general, it's a concerted effort to take the United States back eighty years and, in the process, destroy everything that makes it special to be American.
    You drmonized Romney when he ran. Now he seems good to you. It says a lot about system.

eastofeden

You drmonized Romney when he ran. Now he seems good to you. It says a lot about system.
    Romney is sane....and not entirely bad...

Good enough for a win amidst the basket of deplorables he has been appointing....

Banned

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Romney is sane....and not entirely bad...

Good enough for a win amidst the basket of deplorables he has been appointing....
    Perhaps your demonizing of good men is a bad idea, do you suppose?

eastofeden

They have collectively "demonized" (your term...not mine..I prefer deplorable) themselves by their actions and words.... I didn't make them say or do a thing. They made all their choices and statements on their own.....and they are judged by me..and so many other people..as deplorable....because of their actions and statements...

The end.

Banned

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

They have collectively "demonized" (your term...not mine..I prefer deplorable) themselves by their actions and words.... I didn't make them say or do a thing. They made all their choices and statements on their own.....and they are judged by me..and so many other people..as deplorable....because of their actions and statements...

The end.
    We were speaking of Romney, a decent man demonized for partisan reasons. The effect is to intimidate good people from politics, leaving ego maniacs who can ignore the attacks.

Orientation
    Bisexual
    Status
    Married

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

We were speaking of Romney, a decent man demonized for partisan reasons. The effect is to intimidate good people from politics, leaving ego maniacs who can ignore the attacks.
    I would agree with this, the us vs them partisanship on both sides has certainly helped to bring this about. There was some interesting commentary about this election and how the American people have become so tone deaf by the right and left crying 'wolf' about the other sides candidates that they didn't hear when we have a real 'wolf' show up and now he has the presidency. And ego maniac who can ignore the attacks sounds like a good description of Trump, thanks for that.

Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Blog Entries

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

^ Yes, from Bill Maher who definitely doesn't tend to hold back, even if be the wiser course. I'd like this advice be equally applicable to voices on the right who demonize any Democrat in a similar scenario.

Bammer's Papa
    Orientation
    Bisexual
    Status
    Single
    Blog Entries

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

I think the guy who plays the press secretary on Designated Survivor would be a better press secretary than Ingram.

"Thirty-one* states allow all qualified citizens to carry concealed weapons. In those states, homosexuals should embark on organized efforts to become comfortable with guns, learn to use them safely and carry them. They should set up Pink Pistols task forces, sponsor shooting courses and help homosexuals get licensed to carry. And they should do it in a way that gets as much publicity as possible. "

--Jonathan Rauch, Salon Magazine, March 13, 2000

*the number is now forty

Bammer's Papa
    Orientation
    Bisexual
    Status
    Single
    Blog Entries

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

One lesson that Trump should have learned from Obama is that you have to appoint people who will do what you want rather than what they want (I'm thinking especially of how he said the federal government would go really easy on marijuana, but his Justice Department totally ignored that).

Maybe he'll employ his famous two-word line if they get out of line.

"Thirty-one* states allow all qualified citizens to carry concealed weapons. In those states, homosexuals should embark on organized efforts to become comfortable with guns, learn to use them safely and carry them. They should set up Pink Pistols task forces, sponsor shooting courses and help homosexuals get licensed to carry. And they should do it in a way that gets as much publicity as possible. "

*the number is now forty

eastofeden

I said he was sane....and not totally bad. That is a compliment.

I have no respect for him or Utah as they poured a lot of money and manpower in California to make sure we were second class citizens. I hate Mormons for that...always will.

I do believe he is sane though....and not an outright liar or traitor..and not a white supremist...and since the bar has been lowered so much...he qualifies as not entirely bad....

Bammer's Papa
    Orientation
    Bisexual
    Status
    Single
    Blog Entries

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

His National Security Advisor believes Fake News and conspiracy theories.

http://www.vox.com/world/2016/11/19/...ser-actual-job
    Thanks for that link. I heard a snippet of this on the tube but didn't catch much substance. The substance is scary.

*the number is now forty

Bammer's Papa
    Orientation
    Bisexual
    Status
    Single
    Blog Entries

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Quote Originally Posted by frankfrank View Post

Romney is one of the few, maybe the only, pick that seems palatable.

*the number is now forty

Bammer's Papa
    Orientation
    Bisexual
    Status
    Single
    Blog Entries

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

"Palatable" merely means "doesn't totally make me barf". Consider a restaurant whose food was just palatable -- it would flop.

*the number is now forty

Bammer's Papa
    Orientation
    Bisexual
    Status
    Single
    Blog Entries

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

The point is that they aren't good men in the first place.

They may not be bad enough that I would get up and leave if they came into a restaurant where I was eating, but they come close.

*the number is now forty

Bammer's Papa
    Orientation
    Bisexual
    Status
    Single
    Blog Entries

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Romney was not "demonized for partisan reasons", he was justly derided for referring to some half the U.S. population as essentually worthless.

*the number is now forty

In mourning for America.
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Chicago!! (A big city, but my country is DYING!)
    Blog Entries

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

It's all relative.

It sounds like you're actually saying that the system, currently on the verge of flipping another component Republican in January, is entirely rotten...which it is.

Also, having Romney as somebody in the Cabinet is NOT the same as having them for President, but if the 2016 election had been Trump versus Romney, I would have voted Romney in a heartbeat. Again, it's all relative.

Catastrophic or apocalyptic is certainly a lot worse than, just merely, "awful."
    "Some people without brains do an awful lot of talking." -The Scarecrow, WIZARD OF OZ, 1939
    If you think that fertilized eggs are PEOPLE, and refugees AREN'T, *YOU* are the problem.
    Make, for a man, a fire - and he'll be warm for a few hours. Set a man afire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
    Satire is meant to ridicule power. If you are laughing at people who are hurting, it's not satire, it's bullying. - Terry Pratchett

Orientation
    Bisexual
    Status
    Married

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Quote Originally Posted by Kulindahr View Post
    I think the guy who plays the press secretary on Designated Survivor would be a better press secretary than Ingram.
    Hell just about anybody would, why would an rational president want a bomb thrower like her as Press Secretary?

Orientation
    Bisexual
    Status
    Partnered

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Romney was not "demonized for partisan reasons", he was justly derided for referring to some half the U.S. population as essentually worthless.
    Plus he was from a fairly cultish religion, that counts against him for many.

Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Blog Entries

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Kind of puzzling, but then again, it's the Trump way to do things: Nikki Haley, governor of South Carolina, 44 and the daughter of Indian immigrants, apparently is the Trump choice for UN ambassador. It's not John Bolton, so thank goodness for that, but no foreign policy experience whatsoever(and a few trips abroad as governor hardly count as qualifications). This and the choice of Ben Carson at Housing and Urban Development(said to be waiting on his decision to accept or not early next week)just strike as odd choices for key positions.

Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Partnered

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

I thought Carson declined?

Banned

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Obviously he wants diversity in his Cabinet.

Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Partnered

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

I can't even.

Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

I remember she did a Nazi salute

Victim of PC police. Some of the PC police are good at making untrue things up about other jub members. Remember folks, i am non-white and a minority. So i know what a real victim of racism and not the fake ones.

Status
    Partnered

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

I can't even.
    If diversity means wingnut vs batshit vs homophobes vs racists, that is.
    *(Haley, as UN Ambassador is not a member of the cabinet since she wouldn't head one of the 15 cabinet-level departments).

Here's Betsy DeVos, the candidate for "Education" secretary which is a cabinet level position:
    Donald Trump has reportedly tapped Michigan philanthropist Betsy DeVos to be his education secretary.

“I am honored to work with the President-elect on his vision to make American education great again,” DeVos tweeted Wednesday. “The status quo in ed is not acceptable.”

DeVos, an advocate for school vouchers, has chaired the Michigan Republican party and played a key role in some major education policy decisions there in recent years. But unlike former D.C. schools chief Michelle Rhee and charter-school leader Eva Moskowitz, two others Trump considered for the education secretary position, DeVos has kept a relatively low national profile. She has neither worked in public education nor chosen public schools for her own children, who attended private Christian schools.
    Mrs DeVos and her husband billionaire Richard "Dick" DeVos are heirs to the Amway fortune. They have supported several anti-marriage equality initiatives and they have supported the National Organization for Marriage (NOM), a largely defunct organization that promoted ballot initiatives and state constitutional amendments that banned gay marriage. During the 2016 elections, they were financial supporters of Fiorina, Bush and Rubio.

Source.

The front-man for Trump University has the nerve to say, "The status quo in ed is not acceptable". The irony is rich.
    JUB's full list of smilies can be found here. BBcodes are here.

Orientation
    Bisexual
    Status
    Married

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

According to the WSJ, Trump Loyalists like Giuliani, Gingrich and Huckabee are complaining to Kellyanne Conway about Romney being considered for State. They are demanding that Romney must take back and apologize for everything he said about Trump in the campaign. It seems loyalty to Trump is more important than qualifications.

I like Romney's comment about how Trump gets the White House and all we get is lousy hat. I put it in my signature.

Bammer's Papa
    Orientation
    Bisexual
    Status
    Single
    Blog Entries

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Quote Originally Posted by KaraBulut View Post
    Here's Betsy DeVos, the candidate for "Education" secretary which is a cabinet level position:

Mrs DeVos and her husband billionaire Richard "Dick" DeVos are heirs to the Amway fortune. They have supported several anti-marriage equality initiatives and they have supported the National Organization for Marriage (NOM), a largely defunct organization that promoted ballot initiatives and state constitutional amendments that banned gay marriage. During the 2016 elections, they were financial supporters of Fiorina, Bush and Rubio.

Source.

The front-man for Trump University has the nerve to say, "The status quo in ed is not acceptable". The irony is rich.
    I knew the DeVos name sounded familiar -- I just didn't remember the Amway connection. Thatnks for pointing that out.

*the number is now forty

Orientation
    Bisexual
    Status
    Partnered

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

I knew the DeVos name sounded familiar -- I just didn't remember the Amway connection. Thatnks for pointing that out.
    Bleh. Amway. So they basically got rich off multi level marketing and then have the cheek to get precious about other people's marriages.

Orientation
    Bisexual
    Status
    Married

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

From the Washington Post:
    Wilbur Ross, the billionaire investor considered the “king of bankruptcy” for buying beaten-down companies with the potential to deliver profits, is expected to be President-elect Donald Trump’s choice for commerce secretary, two officials with knowledge of the decision said.
    Wait I think I've figured out Trump's strategy, he is going to crash the world economy into a new great depression and then buy up China, Iran and North Korea in a leveraged buy out! It's brilliant!!

Bammer's Papa
    Orientation
    Bisexual
    Status
    Single
    Blog Entries

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Quote Originally Posted by Kabluey View Post
    Bleh. Amway. So they basically got rich off multi level marketing and then have the cheek to get precious about other people's marriages.
    What they really got rich off is owning the company that hauls all the Amway products. About the only people in that outfit who really make money are the ones who have shares in the shipping company or are selling inspirational materials.

*the number is now forty

🍭😐😨😘😩🐙🎃👻

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Any news on Sarah Palin? I thought she was getting a job?

Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

how long will the intelligent communities put up with such BS: http://americablog.com/2016/11/gen-f...-security.html

JUB Addict

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Quote Originally Posted by mikemizanin729 View Post
    Any news on Sarah Palin? I thought she was getting a job?
    no she's just giving trump a blow job----slut that she is---but will be paid well lol
    It doesn't matter who he picks----Hillary has 2 million more votes---so it's a minority government he's forming. what a crazy system.