Free Gay Sex Photos, Movies, Reviews and Forums at JustUsBoys

View Poll Results: Chris Crocker...

Voters
34. You may not vote on this poll
  • Love Him

    12 35.29%
  • Hate Him

    22 64.71%
Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2348 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 150 of 1531
  1. #101
    Slut TallDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Dating
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    160


    Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

    Re: Chris Crocker is Causing Homophobia...

    Quote Originally Posted by ravenstar View Post
    It makes as much sense as the arguement he can't be gay cause he does satricial comedy. I did put it there to give someone a giggle so I'm glad you liked it.
    LoL, I did, thanks!
    Somebody alert the authorities...I got criminal intent.

  2. #102
    Still a Virgin at heart Christopher123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Location
    JUBland, USA
    Posts
    5,185
    Blog Entries
    18


    Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

    Re: Chris Crocker is Causing Homophobia...

    Quote Originally Posted by Incognito8798 View Post
    “Chris Crocker” types irritate the hell out of me. He’s loud, obnoxious, eerie, antagonistic and seems otherwise psychotic…and if this is just an act, then he’s a pitiful attention whore (which is equally as bad.) The downside of the Internet is that it gives utterly talentless, yet annoyingly dilligent, cretins like this a platform to spin their stupidity into (fleeting) notoriety.

    As far as homophobia goes, I don’t think he “causes” it (per sé)…but at the same time, he’s SO insufferable with his antics and uses SUCH an over exaggerated and obnoxious effeminacy in presenting them…that I can see how he’d add more gasoline to the fire.

    People who are decidedly homophobic are going to be regardless, but ‘gay caricature’ like him would probably tip the scales in the more negative direction if they ever got in the room with someone who lingered somewhere in the middle of general tolerance and tempted bigotry.
    Well... I agree with this to a point.

    Yes, he's one of those "in your face" gayboys that obnoxiously wants his presence acknowledged. And I've heard even gay men say they'd like to slap the shit out of him.

    But at the same time, he's just doing what he does. He's doing what he wants to do. Doing what he likes to do. And we have the choice of whether or not to ignore it. And ya gotta admit, Chris isn't easily ignored. I have a straight friend that is literally addicted to Chris's videos. And I asked him, I said, "Why do you watch his videos if he irritates you so much?"

    And he said, "I can't help it. I've subscribed to him because I just can't stop watching. Call it a morbid curiosity type of thing."

    So there ya go. Even people that don't particularly like him are still watching his videos.

    I personally would love the chance to talk to him in person. Just once. To see the guy behind the videos and see if he's for real or not.

    Hey... call it curiosity
    careful... reality bites...


  3. #103
    JUB Addict NedNickerson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Memphis
    Posts
    5,022


    Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

    Re: Chris Crocker Getting His Own TV Show!

    Your comments are right on the mark. I fear it's going to be a one-joke show, and we all know what the "joke" is, don't we...? This is bad news, indeed...

  4. #104
    Made of Win and Awesome Pushover's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Location
    Newport News, VA
    Posts
    3,209
    Blog Entries
    3


    Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

    Re: Chris Crocker Getting His Own TV Show!

    This brat is getting on my nerves....he makes an overly-dramatic, fake YouTube video and suddenly he's an instant celebrity. What the f*ck is wrong with this country?
    I don't have to tell you it goes without saying there are some things better left unsaid. I think that speaks for itself. The less said about it the better. ~George Carlin
    My Y! Gallery


  5. #105
    all of this wasted pain.. Sunshine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Location
    Orlando, FL
    Posts
    5,545
    Blog Entries
    10


    Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

    Re: Chris Crocker Getting His Own TV Show!

    I fucking hated him ever since he joined myspace. I would seriously choke him if I ever met him in public.

    ..and I'm not a mean person.

  6. #106
    Space Cadet LarsVenice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    2,462


    Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

    Re: Chris Crocker Getting His Own TV Show!

    On the other hand, straight people may decide that they like him and want to be more accepting of people like him. Many people want to move society forwards, not backwards.

    "I have enough money to last me the rest of my life, unless I buy something." --Jackie Mason

  7. #107
    JUB Addict 2243's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Location
    San Jose
    Posts
    2,100


    Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

    Re: Chris Crocker Getting His Own TV Show!

    Don't you understand that gay people like Chris Crocker and even more flamboyant ones really do exist? Should they be exterminated because they are more outrageous than us? Gay bashing and homophobic people will still be here with out Chris Crocker.

  8. #108
    Porn Star
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Location
    Toronto, Ont.
    Posts
    330


    Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

    Re: Chris Crocker Getting His Own TV Show!

    i just heard of this idiot last nite.
    i hope he gives some of his money to his gramma, she's cute.

    glad i don't have a tv, so i won't accidentally stumble upon the show.

  9. #109
    tumbling...tumbling down!
    gmoney's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    15,597


    Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

    Re: Chris Crocker Getting His Own TV Show!

    "It's going to pretty much be the 'Chris Crocker experience,'" he said. "We consider him a rebel character that people will find interesting. He's going to be a TV star."

    And just who is going to find him interesting? The same people that think all gays are just like him?

    I've said it before, I have no problem with effeminate gay men that act that way naturally, but for him to perpetuate that in a sense that he represents all of us is just absurd!


    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing

  10. #110
    aww I wanted to explode looseliam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    infernis
    Posts
    16,982


    Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

    Re: Chris Crocker Getting His Own TV Show!

    We should get him and Kath Griffin together.

    Give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day.
    Give a man religion, and he'll starve praying for a fish.

  11. #111
    tumbling...tumbling down!
    gmoney's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    15,597


    Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

    Re: Chris Crocker Getting His Own TV Show!

    Quote Originally Posted by Mikami View Post
    Honestly, give it the fuck up. The stereotype will always be there and even if one isn't a stereotyped gay person, people will always treat you like it and it's no fault of the people that are the stereotype, it's the people who want to make it out they we are all stereotypes.

    But, I hope you're all out going around proving that us homosexuals aren't all like him, because I sure it has been helping and making homophobic less homophobic.
    I understand your viewpoint being somewhat different than many of us. I don't understand why you have to be so fucking negative to those of us who don't agree with you!

    You say homophobia will/ and has always been there. You're not old enough to know what it was like 20 years ago, or even further back. Why do you think things have changed? Could it be because some gays who aren't so effeminate have made an effort to let mainstream see we aren't all that way? Letting Chris Crocker have his 15 minutes of fame does nothing but entertain people who already ridicule us for what we are. I don't see how that can be any kind of positive thing for gays in general.


    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing

  12. #112
    JUB Addict LiquidSky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Location
    Nashville (The Pokey Dot Lounge)
    Posts
    2,386


    Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

    Re: Chris Crocker Getting His Own TV Show!

    He's highly annoying. His first show should be him dropping acid.

  13. #113
    JUB Addict Ninja108's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Partnered
    Posts
    66,072


    Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

    Re: Chris Crocker Getting His Own TV Show!

    why does anyone find this guy funny, he's easily one of the most annoying people there is. Here's to hoping his show lasts less than the usual 15 mins

  14. #114
    JUB Addict 2243's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Location
    San Jose
    Posts
    2,100


    Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

    Re: Chris Crocker Getting His Own TV Show!

    I also became frustrated as I read the original post on this thread. I understand that a-lot us on this thread so far are not gay the way Chris Crocker might pretend to be, but there are more people being "fucking negative" towards him because he is not like us. Chris Crocker is not the kind of guy I would hang out with, although he does make me laugh; however, I will be an ignorant fool the day I start blaming prejudice on the so called "stereotypes". It's the same as blaming racism on Flava Flave and the women on his show Flavor of Love.

  15. #115
    tumbling...tumbling down!
    gmoney's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    15,597


    Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

    Re: Chris Crocker Getting His Own TV Show!

    Quote Originally Posted by Mikami View Post
    I am not being negative towards the disagreement of my view point. It would be pretty pointless to be mad at that because it's pretty inevitable that every one would agree with me.
    From what I've seen, not everyone agrees with you. Don't quite know how you came to that conclusion.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mikami View Post
    No, I am not old enough to know what it was like, but I know enough that playing the blame game and pointing fingers at other people for something never helped the situation either.
    I'm not playing the blame game! All I'm saying is that this guy is not representative of most of us. However much you find him entertaining is one thing. If you think, for one second, that he is a good representation of the gay community, then that's where we differ. To me, he's obnoxious, stupid, and just morally wrong. I have nothing against people trying to be funny, or trying to make a living at that, but this guy is trying to make it at the expense of our respectability as a group as a whole. To me, I find that very disrespectful.


    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing

  16. #116
    Virgin
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    15


    Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

    Re: Chris Crocker Getting His Own TV Show!

    Wonder if the production company has seen this video?


  17. #117
    Sex God -Lance-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    957


    Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

    Re: Chris Crocker Getting His Own TV Show!

    Jefree Star is getting his own tv show too.

    lol

  18. #118
    ...and I'm not sorry JUB Friend Soilwork's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Married
    Location
    City of Angels
    Posts
    25,039


    Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

    Re: Chris Crocker Getting His Own TV Show!

    Quote Originally Posted by Pushover View Post
    This brat is getting on my nerves....he makes an overly-dramatic, fake YouTube video and suddenly he's an instant celebrity. What the f*ck is wrong with this country?
    The same country who voted for the stupidest President ever because they thought he was the kind of guy they'd want to go to a game with.

    The same country that made William Hung a star.

    The same country that made Ruben Studard a star.

    The same country that votes for American Idol in MUCH bigger numbers than they do in political elections.

    For my part I think Chris Crocker is hilarious. And for all the gay guys out there weeping that there's no gay man who's like them out there.. why aren't they making YouTube videos?
    Considering I'm not famous, you sure do talk about me a lot.

    "have you ever known of a hater that's doing better than you?" -Chris Crocker.

  19. #119
    ...and I'm not sorry JUB Friend Soilwork's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Married
    Location
    City of Angels
    Posts
    25,039


    Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

    Re: Chris Crocker Getting His Own TV Show!

    by the way.... I think that Homophoiba doesn't exist because of flambouyant gay men like Chris Crocker.

    Homophobia exists because of all the sad, pathetic "straight acting" closet cases who don't come out to show that not all gay men are like that.. That gay men are - for the most part - just regular guys. Instead they hide away because they have no balls and the only gay men who are seen are the guys like Chris Crocker who can't - or won't - hide being gay.

    Sorry.. bitch all you want.. until you are out to EVERYONE IN YOUR LIFE, you don't have the right to say anything about him.
    Considering I'm not famous, you sure do talk about me a lot.

    "have you ever known of a hater that's doing better than you?" -Chris Crocker.

  20. #120
    Banned NineOfClubs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Open Relationship
    Location
    Portland
    Posts
    14,946


    Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

    Re: Chris Crocker Getting His Own TV Show!

    ^As usual, very well said, soil!

  21. #121
    Batteries Not Included RicanDAB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Partnered
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    1,872


    Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

    Re: Chris Crocker Getting His Own TV Show!

    Oh wow ... I should look into becoming a psychic ... ... From Sept. 11, 2007:

    Quote Originally Posted by RicanDAB View Post
    More Chris Crocker?? Oh dang!

    Something tells me this boy will end up with his own reality show ... ... you heard it here first!
    http://www.justusboys.com/forum/show...ow#post3115817

  22. #122
    Virgin
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    15


    Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

    Re: Chris Crocker Getting His Own TV Show!

    To say that closeted teens will look at Chris and stay in the closet is like saying Charles Nelson Riley, Rip Taylor, RuPaul or Paul Lyne kept people in the closet.

  23. #123
    Virgin
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    15


    Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

    Re: Chris Crocker Getting His Own TV Show!

    Quote Originally Posted by Soilwork View Post
    by the way.... I think that Homophoiba doesn't exist because of flambouyant gay men like Chris Crocker.

    Homophobia exists because of all the sad, pathetic "straight acting" closet cases who don't come out to show that not all gay men are like that.. That gay men are - for the most part - just regular guys. Instead they hide away because they have no balls and the only gay men who are seen are the guys like Chris Crocker who can't - or won't - hide being gay.

    Sorry.. bitch all you want.. until you are out to EVERYONE IN YOUR LIFE, you don't have the right to say anything about him.
    Too right you are!

  24. #124
    Virgin
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    15


    Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

    Re: Chris Crocker Getting His Own TV Show!

    Quote Originally Posted by Effortless_Pro View Post
    I hope youguys know Chris has an Agent and has been working towards this for a while... he wasi n talks with people before the whoel Britney thing.

    The Britney thing shot him into the limelight faster but he eventually would of got there.

    Like I said look at his profile, he's got professionally done pictures and everything.

    All these peopel blaming him for the most ludacris things, is all just silly.

    Some say there's kid in the closet and they're seeing him and won't come out because they're 'not like him'
    Well I got a news flash there's gay kids liek Chris Crocker just bursting at the seams to come out... There's kids not like him, who will probably come out because hey might have some of the same views, liek GAY people HATING ON GAY people in the GAY COMMUNITY.
    Plus it's not like Chris is the only face of gayness right now. YouTube is filled with popular gay tubers. People like Chris will turn to Chris, people who aren't like him will find other gays as a role model.

  25. #125
    tumbling...tumbling down!
    gmoney's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    15,597


    Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

    Re: Chris Crocker Getting His Own TV Show!

    Quote Originally Posted by Soilwork View Post
    by the way.... I think that Homophoiba doesn't exist because of flambouyant gay men like Chris Crocker.

    Homophobia exists because of all the sad, pathetic "straight acting" closet cases who don't come out to show that not all gay men are like that.. That gay men are - for the most part - just regular guys. Instead they hide away because they have no balls and the only gay men who are seen are the guys like Chris Crocker who can't - or won't - hide being gay.

    Sorry.. bitch all you want.. until you are out to EVERYONE IN YOUR LIFE, you don't have the right to say anything about him.
    Jasun, I didn't come out until a little over a year ago. I don't think it was because of what previous gay men who flamed the public with all their "I want everyone to know I'm gay" mentality. I had my own private reasons. Many of which were accepting myself for me and not what the rest of the public thought.

    Those that choose to be flambouyant are in their own right. I still don't see that as a positive reflection on the gay community as a whole. I don't condemn those who choose that lifestyle, I just don't like seeing it as the "this is how we are" mentality that most of the general population will think when we are represented in this fashion.


    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing

  26. #126
    yuty
    Guest

    Re: Chris Crocker Getting His Own TV Show!

    God help us.

    Is it too much to ask for ONE, highly visible gay role model that isn't crazy?

    All we ever get are jackasses like Boy George, Rosie O'Donnell, Elton John and now for the 21st century Chris Fucking Crocker.....

  27. #127
    JUB Addict ILLBFIRE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    1,863
    Blog Entries
    27


    Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

    Re: Chris Crocker Getting His Own TV Show!

    Quote Originally Posted by yuty View Post
    God help us.

    Is it too much to ask for ONE, highly visible gay role model that isn't crazy?

    All we ever get are jackasses like Boy George, Rosie O'Donnell, Elton John and now for the 21st century Chris Fucking Crocker.....
    Neil Patrick Harris.....T.R. Knight......John Barrowman .....Nate Berkus

    The list goes on and on but all you want to see is guys that you think are to femme, that way you can justify your homophbic attitude towards them.


    p.s. I just LOVE Jeffree Star!!!!! I hope his show is a blast.

  28. #128
    ...and I'm not sorry JUB Friend Soilwork's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Married
    Location
    City of Angels
    Posts
    25,039


    Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

    Re: Chris Crocker Getting His Own TV Show!

    One of the problems with the gay community is that they don't celebfrate their own enough.

    They sure LOVE to whine about the people they dont' like... but they don't bother to support positive gay role modles.

    They moan about the screaming fembots like The Scissor Sisters but they totally ignore cool, sexy and positive gay role models like Gregory Douglass and Eric Himen.

    They complain loudly about Chris Crocker but they pretty much ignore the countless gay guys on YouTube who aren't lightning rods for homophobic freaks.
    Considering I'm not famous, you sure do talk about me a lot.

    "have you ever known of a hater that's doing better than you?" -Chris Crocker.

  29. #129
    JUB Addict 2243's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Location
    San Jose
    Posts
    2,100


    Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

    Re: Chris Crocker Getting His Own TV Show!

    Quote Originally Posted by Soilwork View Post
    by the way.... I think that Homophoiba doesn't exist because of flambouyant gay men like Chris Crocker.

    Homophobia exists because of all the sad, pathetic "straight acting" closet cases who don't come out to show that not all gay men are like that.. That gay men are - for the most part - just regular guys. Instead they hide away because they have no balls and the only gay men who are seen are the guys like Chris Crocker who can't - or won't - hide being gay.

    Sorry.. bitch all you want.. until you are out to EVERYONE IN YOUR LIFE, you don't have the right to say anything about him.
    You've made a good point for me. I'm "closeted" and I don't judge Chris Crocker for having the guts to be so "out"; however, you say I have no right to say anything about him and yet you stand in judgement of me and other "closeted" guys even though you don't know why or what it's like to be "closeted" past the teen-years. Hypocrisy, I say.

    I have to say, only morons will truly believe Chris Crocker is a representation of all homosexuals, homophobic morons who will not notice that I am gay, whether I am "in the closet" or not.

  30. #130
    ...and I'm not sorry JUB Friend Soilwork's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Married
    Location
    City of Angels
    Posts
    25,039


    Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

    Re: Chris Crocker Getting His Own TV Show!

    Quote Originally Posted by Lolito2243 View Post
    you say I have no right to say anything about him and yet you stand in judgement of me and other "closeted" guys even though you don't know why or what it's like to be "closeted" past the teen-years. Hypocrisy, I say.
    How so?

    I don't understand.

    All I know is that people who live in the closet do so becasue they lack the guts to come out. So.. how does it make me a hypocrit when I have guts? I mean..I don't need to be a coward to know one when I see one and I dont' need to be a bull to know the smell of bull shit.

    I'm not telling you that you have to come out. Just that I think you're a coward for not doing it.
    Considering I'm not famous, you sure do talk about me a lot.

    "have you ever known of a hater that's doing better than you?" -Chris Crocker.

  31. #131
    Sex God paintact's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Orientation
    Gay
    Posts
    669


    Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

    Re: Chris Crocker Getting His Own TV Show!

    Quote Originally Posted by Soilwork View Post
    One of the problems with the gay community is that they don't celebfrate their own enough.

    They sure LOVE to whine about the people they dont' like... but they don't bother to support positive gay role modles.

    They moan about the screaming fembots like The Scissor Sisters but they totally ignore cool, sexy and positive gay role models like Gregory Douglass and Eric Himen.

    They complain loudly about Chris Crocker but they pretty much ignore the countless gay guys on YouTube who aren't lightning rods for homophobic freaks.
    Chris is who he is. He has the right to be who he is. Regardless of him being flamboyant or feminine, I still do not agree with everything he says or believes, and may think he is out of touch with reality on some things. Again, that is just my personal opinion. I think what we fail to do is separate the fact that if we want people to be accepting of who we are...then who are we to judge Chris?

    I am not really even trying to defend him.
    But I do think that we fail to separate the sexuality and masculine/feminine nature of an individual from the things they say and believe...as if those elements wholly define an individual, and are inherently tied to one's sexuality or mannerisms.
    I could care less about the flamboyant, feminine nature. I simply have issues with some of the things he actually believes in and talks about. But...like a mature adult, I simply agree to disagree. I do not turn around and hate him and bash him...like so many do to other well known gay people.

    The MAIN issue I have is not so much with Chris, or Perez, or any of them...it is with our own community and the mass media. My issue is that the system seems to continuously stick to the stereotype when it comes to representing us in the media, entertainment and the like. There is so much DIVERSITY within our community (from race to masculine/feminine nature to god knows what else) that is NEVER shown. To this day, that is the issue I have. How we are represented, and how we represent ourselves, is what makes me frustrated. Thus, I can understand why people get upset when people like Chris Crocker continuously become the public image of what "GAY" is...whether that is the initial intention or not. And again, it is not placing sole blame on media and entertainment, but looking at our own accountability. We are primarily responsible for the image we put out, and even within the gay community and gay culture, I (personally) feel that there is so much more that could be represented and celebrated, and simply is not.

  32. #132
    JUB Addict 2243's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Location
    San Jose
    Posts
    2,100


    Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

    Re: Chris Crocker Getting His Own TV Show!

    Quote Originally Posted by paintact View Post
    Chris is who he is. He has the right to be who he is. Regardless of him being flamboyant or feminine, I still do not agree with everything he says or believes, and may think he is out of touch with reality on some things. Again, that is just my personal opinion. I think what we fail to do is separate the fact that if we want people to be accepting of who we are...then who are we to judge Chris?

    I am not really even trying to defend him.
    But I do think that we fail to separate the sexuality and masculine/feminine nature of an individual from the things they say and believe...as if those elements wholly define an individual, and are inherently tied to one's sexuality or mannerisms.
    I could care less about the flamboyant, feminine nature. I simply have issues with some of the things he actually believes in and talks about. But...like a mature adult, I simply agree to disagree. I do not turn around and hate him and bash him...like so many do to other well known gay people.

    The MAIN issue I have is not so much with Chris, or Perez, or any of them...it is with our own community and the mass media. My issue is that the system seems to continuously stick to the stereotype when it comes to representing us in the media, entertainment and the like. There is so much DIVERSITY within our community (from race to masculine/feminine nature to god knows what else) that is NEVER shown. To this day, that is the issue I have. How we are represented, and how we represent ourselves, is what makes me frustrated. Thus, I can understand why people get upset when people like Chris Crocker continuously become the public image of what "GAY" is...whether that is the initial intention or not. And again, it is not placing sole blame on media and entertainment, but looking at our own accountability. We are primarily responsible for the image we put out, and even within the gay community and gay culture, I (personally) feel that there is so much more that could be represented and celebrated, and simply is not.
    I agree with you that we definitely need to stop defining our selves wholly on our sexual preferences, but when it comes to television entertainment and the media misrepresentation will be attached to most all minority groups. In the end what really matters is that you and those you care about acknowledge that you are not what is being misrepresented.

  33. #133
    JUB Addict 2243's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Location
    San Jose
    Posts
    2,100


    Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

    Re: Chris Crocker Getting His Own TV Show!

    Quote Originally Posted by Soilwork View Post
    How so?

    I don't understand.

    All I know is that people who live in the closet do so becasue they lack the guts to come out. So.. how does it make me a hypocrit when I have guts? I mean..I don't need to be a coward to know one when I see one and I dont' need to be a bull to know the smell of bull shit.

    I'm not telling you that you have to come out. Just that I think you're a coward for not doing it.
    I believe that living/being "in the closet" is different for every one. Some find their way out quick and easy while others don't and may not ever find a way out. You seem to believe that it's the same for everyone, "All I know is that people who live in the closet do so because they lack the guts (balls and spines) to come out". That's why you can't see the hypocrisy in your post I quoted before. I'm not saying there is no such thing as a coward "in the closet", just that the same way they shouldn't judge someone who is very "out", you shouldn't judge many others who have been and still are trying to find they're way "out"; although, I do believe you both still have the right to do so.

  34. #134
    Moderator JUB Moderator star-warrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Orientation
    Bisexual
    Status
    Married
    Location
    Home is where the heart is
    Posts
    41,757
    Blog Entries
    9


    Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

    Re: Chris Crocker Getting His Own TV Show!

    There's only so much tantrum and exaggerated caricatureness anyone can take.

    Let him have his show. Once it gets boring, maybe it'll sink like a lead balloon, and he ends up being the butt of everyone's jokes. Serves him right if he does.


  35. #135
    Made of Win and Awesome Pushover's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Location
    Newport News, VA
    Posts
    3,209
    Blog Entries
    3


    Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

    Re: Chris Crocker Getting His Own TV Show!

    Quote Originally Posted by Soilwork View Post
    How so?

    I don't understand.

    All I know is that people who live in the closet do so becasue they lack the guts to come out. So.. how does it make me a hypocrit when I have guts? I mean..I don't need to be a coward to know one when I see one and I dont' need to be a bull to know the smell of bull shit.

    I'm not telling you that you have to come out. Just that I think you're a coward for not doing it.
    Once again you open your mouth and another broad generalization comes out.

    Have you ever been in the closet, per say? Have you ever had to hide from being gay? Maybe you should follow what you preach and stop blaming closeted people until you've been one yourself with reason to stay in.

    *waits for SW to post with the intent to flame and bash*
    I don't have to tell you it goes without saying there are some things better left unsaid. I think that speaks for itself. The less said about it the better. ~George Carlin
    My Y! Gallery


  36. #136
    Made of Win and Awesome Pushover's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Location
    Newport News, VA
    Posts
    3,209
    Blog Entries
    3


    Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

    Re: Chris Crocker Getting His Own TV Show!

    Personally, I don't give a rat's patoot if he's gay, straight, bi, or a monkey's uncle. The fact that he's getting his own show and the reason why he's getting it is what irritates me.

    Anyone with a webcam and mediocre acting skills can become a celebrity now?
    I don't have to tell you it goes without saying there are some things better left unsaid. I think that speaks for itself. The less said about it the better. ~George Carlin
    My Y! Gallery


  37. #137
    ...and I'm not sorry JUB Friend Soilwork's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Married
    Location
    City of Angels
    Posts
    25,039


    Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

    Re: Chris Crocker Getting His Own TV Show!

    Quote Originally Posted by Lolito2243 View Post
    I believe that living/being "in the closet" is different for every one. Some find their way out quick and easy while others don't and may not ever find a way out. You seem to believe that it's the same for everyone, "All I know is that people who live in the closet do so because they lack the guts (balls and spines) to come out". That's why you can't see the hypocrisy in your post I quoted before. I'm not saying there is no such thing as a coward "in the closet", just that the same way they shouldn't judge someone who is very "out", you shouldn't judge many others who have been and still are trying to find they're way "out"; although, I do believe you both still have the right to do so.
    OK... but... erg.

    I get it that it's harder for some people to come out.

    I really do.

    That being said, I still haven't ever heard a reason for being in the closet (in North America) that doesnt' boil down to "I'm afraid." which really doesn't wash as a reason for me past early 20s.

    I'm still waiting to hear one.
    Considering I'm not famous, you sure do talk about me a lot.

    "have you ever known of a hater that's doing better than you?" -Chris Crocker.

  38. #138
    ...and I'm not sorry JUB Friend Soilwork's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Married
    Location
    City of Angels
    Posts
    25,039


    Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

    Re: Chris Crocker Getting His Own TV Show!

    Quote Originally Posted by star-warrior View Post
    There's only so much tantrum and exaggerated caricatureness anyone can take.

    Let him have his show. Once it gets boring, maybe it'll sink like a lead balloon, and he ends up being the butt of everyone's jokes. Serves him right if he does.
    That's pretty much true. That whole thing (no matter how funny I personally find it in small two-second doses) will get tired very fast.

    Let's think of him like Saturday Night Live. There are LOTS of characters that made great 1-minute skits but once they made full-length movies out of them.. ker-plunk.
    Considering I'm not famous, you sure do talk about me a lot.

    "have you ever known of a hater that's doing better than you?" -Chris Crocker.

  39. #139
    ...and I'm not sorry JUB Friend Soilwork's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Married
    Location
    City of Angels
    Posts
    25,039


    Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

    Re: Chris Crocker Getting His Own TV Show!

    Quote Originally Posted by Pushover View Post
    Once again you open your mouth and another broad generalization comes out.

    Have you ever been in the closet, per say? Have you ever had to hide from being gay? Maybe you should follow what you preach and stop blaming closeted people until you've been one yourself with reason to stay in.

    *waits for SW to post with the intent to flame and bash*
    No no.. I get it that I'm painting with a VERY wide brush. I even know that I'm not being 100% fair. But I'm trying to maybe shed some light on the subject and maybe provoke a bit more discussion.

    If we're so offended by someone who does a gay character in a funny and over-exaggerated way, that's fine.. if we blame something THAT silly for not being able to come out, doesn't that seem rather silly?

    Of course I wasn't always out. But I've been out pretty much my whole adult life. Yes there was quite a period of adjustment but that's called "growing up." I mean.. shoudlnt' everyone eventually do that?
    Considering I'm not famous, you sure do talk about me a lot.

    "have you ever known of a hater that's doing better than you?" -Chris Crocker.

  40. #140
    JUB Addict tomersh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    1,410


    Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

    Re: Chris Crocker Getting His Own TV Show!

    all we can do is hope for the best....

  41. #141
    Porn Star
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Orientation
    Gay
    Location
    Je suis perdu
    Posts
    345


    Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

    Re: Chris Crocker Getting His Own TV Show!

    Quote Originally Posted by Pushover View Post
    Personally, I don't give a rat's patoot if he's gay, straight, bi, or a monkey's uncle. The fact that he's getting his own show and the reason why he's getting it is what irritates me.

    Anyone with a webcam and mediocre acting skills can become a celebrity now?


    And this is different how? How isn't this what 'talent' has always been about? Clay Akin, Ricky Martin, Justin Timberlake and the boy band culture -oh wait, they're straight! They're forgiven for acting like flamboyant bitches on camera, cuz they're cute hetero twinks to salivate over, and fill our wild sex dream, and blare their music from OUR gay clubs...

    David Beckham is flamer from hell. And yet gay media and gays can't get enough of how cute he is. The man doesn't even have talent as a soccer player.

    I can think of ten times more disgraceful things that the gay community does for its own detriment that would make CC seem worthless in comparison. Its content docility and need for heteronorm approvals is one of them. Its horrific fascism in terms of beauty is another. Its predatory thirst for heterosexual twinks is quite disturbing. And as it's been said before, if someone wanted to find gays to perpetuate homophobia all they need to do is stumble into this forum. There's enough asses and dicks on display to prove to heterosexual homophobes, that we're nothing but sex starved perverts, and to prove to close cases on the verge of coming out that we're nothing but sex obsessed perverts not worth the time or risk to engage with.
    That a thread regarding CC would take so much precedence when there are no threads about solving homophobia or breaking away from the pathetic cycle of idle hetero worship, it speaks volumes of how constructive we gay men are.

    Cuz at the end this is what it all seems to be about. Giving in to heteronorm like a bunch of docile sissies just fullfilling another crass sterotype. Mainly, here to cater to heterosexual man in the hopes that he'll fuck me. Damn that CC and his antics will only frighten him from me.
    j'ai trop des tristes pensés pour ça je veux crier
    je ne suis pas contente furieuse comme un enfant

  42. #142
    ...and I'm not sorry JUB Friend Soilwork's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Married
    Location
    City of Angels
    Posts
    25,039


    Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

    Re: Chris Crocker Getting His Own TV Show!

    Very good point, Jacobson.

    Dennis Rodman was a HUGE star for just being a weirdo 24/7. If he was gay, I'm sure everyone would be whining about how he gave the gay community a bad name.
    Considering I'm not famous, you sure do talk about me a lot.

    "have you ever known of a hater that's doing better than you?" -Chris Crocker.

  43. #143
    Porn Star
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Orientation
    Gay
    Location
    Je suis perdu
    Posts
    345


    Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

    Re: Chris Crocker Getting His Own TV Show!

    See it's all in the nailing of pussy. Once you nail pussy you can be as FLLAAAAMINGGG as you want! And sad fact guys, but everyone here shitting on CC because of what a flammer he is, when it comes down to it, a homophobic hetero will see you as nothing more than a pansy assed fudgepacker because that's as far as his definition of queer goes. And whether you're 'straight acting' or a homophobe will always find a way to get the 'gay' out of you.

    You'll never be man enough unless you nail that pussy. And since most of us here arent's nailing pussy anytime soon, what does that makes us?
    j'ai trop des tristes pensés pour ça je veux crier
    je ne suis pas contente furieuse comme un enfant

  44. #144
    Porn Star Memosexual87's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Orientation
    Bisexual
    Status
    Open Relationship
    Posts
    434


    Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

    Re: Chris Crocker Getting His Own TV Show!

    Blue-balled lol

    nah i get what ur saying.

  45. #145
    ( ´・ _ ・) whu? ⚜️ Paws's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Orientation
    Gay
    Posts
    10,851


    Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

    Re: Chris Crocker Getting His Own TV Show!

    Quote Originally Posted by Effortless_Pro View Post
    I hope youguys know Chris has an Agent and has been working towards this for a while... he wasi n talks with people before the whoel Britney thing.

    The Britney thing shot him into the limelight faster but he eventually would of got there.

    Like I said look at his profile, he's got professionally done pictures and everything.

    All these peopel blaming him for the most ludacris things, is all just silly.

    Some say there's kid in the closet and they're seeing him and won't come out because they're 'not like him'
    Well I got a news flash there's gay kids liek Chris Crocker just bursting at the seams to come out... There's kids not like him, who will probably come out because hey might have some of the same views, liek GAY people HATING ON GAY people in the GAY COMMUNITY.
    akj vas mökljf ösdjfösdj möksadjf!

    aclsd hnfljs admcflsa? sfcsadcs afsav slmca. dsn töert jmövxv sadkljn hcs lchsahm aslnhfvlms a lnsdhn nlasdcmüdsk cshfcmäls kahfmlsh

    nlsahmc sadnüch lawhcn aslnch lafsm hxlkashn saähfc lksa naswe

    ldkanshfc sadvfs acnhasld mvfhl sachn lkjsahn vlsa


    At least you got the difference right between their and they're.
    ‹(´ω`)› Dissolve your inner chicken. Voices that say "ah, yes".

  46. #146
    yuty
    Guest

    Re: Chris Crocker Getting His Own TV Show!

    Quote Originally Posted by ILLBFIRE View Post
    Neil Patrick Harris.....T.R. Knight......John Barrowman .....Nate Berkus

    The list goes on and on but all you want to see is guys that you think are to femme, that way you can justify your homophbic attitude towards them.


    p.s. I just LOVE Jeffree Star!!!!! I hope his show is a blast.
    Who the fuck are they?

    ????

    Nobody knows them....

  47. #147
    Virgin
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    15


    Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

    Re: Chris Crocker Getting His Own TV Show!

    I think more damage is done to the gay community by 1) gay men who troll bathrooms 2)post nude pics/pic of themselves online for anonymous hookups or attention than CC could ever do.

  48. #148
    Sex God paintact's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Orientation
    Gay
    Posts
    669


    Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

    Re: Chris Crocker Getting His Own TV Show!

    Not to go off topic, but what is with the whole "straight-acting" and "gay-acting" thing? I have always found this to be ridiculous.
    Why can't men just act the way they want to act...or simply be who they are? I am sick of issues with masculinity and the masculine 'norm' always being tied to heterosexuals and straight men. And I am sick of gay men always looking at whatever the masculine 'norm' is in some sort of negative light to be looked down upon. The same goes for "gay-acting" or whatever one wants to call it. The spectrum is huge, and everybody lies somewhere on it...just let it be, and let people be who they are. What does their masculine or feminine nature have to do with their worth as an individual and whether they are a good person or not?

    At the same time, broader representation within our own community and the media at large is something I look forward to. No doubt stereotypes and image are still the name of the game.

    In the end, like some have said, it all goes back to homophobia and prejudice. If we do not deal with that, then nothing else truly changes.

  49. #149
    Virgin
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    10


    Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

    Re: Chris Crocker Getting His Own TV Show!

    The only pansy thing is blaming one's situation on another who has absolutely nothing to do with it. Feel prejudiced against? Go straight to those who harbor that prejudice. Feel misrepresented? But why is anyone obliged to represent you or, for that matter, to represent you as you like yourself to be represented?

    Chris Crocker owes nobody nothing. His act may be silly or exasperating or entertaining or funny. He's having his own way and will have to take whatever comes out of it. But again, he owes nobody nothing. If anyone is responsible for or cares about your image and rep, it has to be you, and only you! Feel respect is due? Do anything you can to earn it. Confront anyone who fails to show it. But don't blubber like a cry babe that someone who doesn't even know you "misrepresents" you or gives people like you a "bad name."

    CC is an eccentric wannabe, just like hundreds of thousands of teeny boppers out there. It's a wonder how people can no more contain their arrogance, hypocrisy or whatever phobia in their reactions when someone like CC suddenly shots into celebdom.
    I guess some social-psychological thing is there.

  50. #150
    Porn Star
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Orientation
    Gay
    Location
    Je suis perdu
    Posts
    345


    Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

    Re: Chris Crocker Getting His Own TV Show!

    Quote Originally Posted by Jy_Star View Post
    How about those of us that post nudes because threy like their bodies and don't give a damn about attention?

    I fall into that column. Trust me, i am not trying to hook up.
    If you didn't want attention for that body you're so proud of then why would you need to flaunt it. You're just deluding yourself. You know that you like the attention you get from showing your body and your physicality to others, making you no different than CC. While he uses his 'persona' you use your body. You're just as much an attention whore as he is.
    It makes you a hypocrite to be ragging on a kid of 19 for just doing what he does in order to get somewhere and you attempting to be drooled over for that body that you like. It makes you ego-centric. To deny otherwise makes you a liar or really deluded.

    Don't mean to personally attack you, but you've set yourself up as an example and I'm responding to that.

    If you loved your body and you liked it, etc but did not care for the attention, then you'd keep it between you, yourself, the closed door and a mirror. BUT, to flaunt in pictures means that you're looking for an audience. If you're looking for an audience then you're seeking attention. By showing people your pics and posting them up you are looking for an audience. If you were just admiring yourself because you personally like yourself then you'd put your photographs in a shoebox under your bed. But by putting them up you feel you are good enough that people should give you the time to stare at. So how are you different than CC? He's imposing his views, your imposing your body. And I'm not judging you for doing that, if I felt I had something worthy of an audience I'd put that up to. Hell, I do so by saying something. But you're coming across pretty hypocritical.

    So don't rag on CC for being the same. The difference between him and you is that he has a wider audience.
    j'ai trop des tristes pensés pour ça je veux crier
    je ne suis pas contente furieuse comme un enfant

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •