On the Prowl
    Orientation
    Bisexual
    Status
    Single

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Uploaded pics get radically shrunken

Hey guys newbie question here. When I upload pics to the forums I notice they get shrunken to about one tneth the size I uploaded and when displayed in the forums they are displayed at much lower resolution (pixel count) than what I uploaded. All the pictures I have uploaded are displayed as very small images in the forums but other users seem able to post nice big high resolution pictures with no problem. Is there something I am missing or do you have to be a more senior member to post big images? Any pointers much appreciated. Really enjoy the content of a lot of these forums and would like to be able to contribute better.

Mag-ingat sa mga mata ng JUB Admin KaraBulut's Avatar
    Status
    Partnered

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Re: Uploaded pics get radically shrunken

There's two ways to post pictures on the forum.

1. If the image is on another website, you can use an IMG tag to point to that url- e.g. [img]http://www.somesite.com/mypicture.jpg[/img]. That method displays the image pretty much "as is". It can be saved from the original site by right clicking on the image and doing a "save as".
    2. If you have the image on your local computer or you want to be able to delete the image at a future date, they you should use the ATTACH tag to upload the image to JUB's server. It looks that is what you did here. There are some size limitations to what we allow you to upload to the server, so this method doesn't work with MP4 files or large GIF files. When you do an ATTACH, it will also create a thumbnail for the post which is smaller and easier to display. If you click on the thumbnail, it will display the larger file that was uploaded.

One thing that I see people do that causes a thumbnail is a feature that came out with the Insert Image icon that appears on the toolbar (it's a small picture icon). That icon opens a dialog box with two tabs- "from computer" and "from url".

On the "from url" tab, there's a checkbox " Retrieve remote file and reference locally". If you check the "Retrieve remote file and reference locally" box, it uploads the file to JUB and it will create a thumbnail. If you want to display the full size image on your post, don't check that box.
    JUB's full list of smilies can be found here. BBcodes are here.

On the Prowl
    Orientation
    Bisexual
    Status
    Single

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Re: Uploaded pics get radically shrunken

Hey thanks a lot for the reply. I will give it a try.