Free Gay Sex Photos, Movies, Reviews and Forums at JustUsBoys
    Slut

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

I'm searching for harddisk content manager-search tool-filecommander - please help

Is there a nice program, file explorer which can save the directory trees with all information (date, size, file names etc.) of my hard disks, so that I can search for files, compare hdd content, search for the date etc. offline, means without having the harddisks attached to the pc? The idea is to stick a number 1,2,3.. on every hdd, save the directory of it, so I can get an overview of the content, search, compare it without the hdd atached to the pc.
    The program must allow to label the hdd content with this number in the program.

Orientation
    Bisexual
    Status
    Single

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Re: I'm searching for harddisk content manager-search tool-filecommander - please help

Here you go.

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Re: I'm searching for harddisk content manager-search tool-filecommander - please help

di3510, you might try Cathy (scroll about halfway down the page), Disclib or Disk Explorer Pro - both freeware. They are less "flat list" exports and more like volume managers where your files are automatically read in with the drive volume label and support searching, etc. There are other programs in this space and some haven't been updated for some time but are lightweight and may still work.

A "gold standard" in this type of file cataloging space is Where Is It?, but it's not free and it hasn't been updated for years so may be discontinued.

Queer enough
    Orientation
    Bisexual
    Status
    Partnered
    Blog Entries

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Do I understand correctly that one goal is to be able to compare the catalogued contents of different hard drives? Reading the descriptions of the suggested programs, I didn't get the idea that would be possible. I use a few file comparison utilities, but so far it's only been on currently active drives.

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Quote Originally Posted by EJMichaels View Post
    Do I understand correctly that one goal is to be able to compare the catalogued contents of different hard drives? Reading the descriptions of the suggested programs, I didn't get the idea that would be possible. I use a few file comparison utilities, but so far it's only been on currently active drives.
    Good point. I guess it depends what the original poster means by "compare hdd content". I was speaking to the "search for files", "search for the date etc. offline" portion of the ask with software that will read contents of the drive and allow one to search by name, etc. to determine which offline volume contains the file:

so that I can search for files, compare hdd content, search for the date etc. offline, means without having the harddisks attached to the pc?

If "compare hdd content" means de-duping, there are tools like Duplicate Filter or NoClone. Also, I've used tools like Beyond Compare and Total Commander which are not disk catalog utilities per se.

Queer enough
    Orientation
    Bisexual
    Status
    Partnered
    Blog Entries

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Since we're on the subject, although not necessarily answering original question, I want to mention Funduc's Directory Toolkit, a utility I've been using for about 20 years (it's still being updated). It's much more than just a de-duper. They have others too, including Duplicate File Finder, but I still use Directory Toolkit to find duplicates. They might have split these at some point in development.

Slut

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Most tools I've found so far can export the directories of the hdd's as exel files etc. But what I need is a program that is able to build up a database all directories within the program, so i can search within the program in the data, or at least in the exported (from the program) data. Thank you.

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Quote Originally Posted by di3510 View Post
    Most tools I've found so far can export the directories of the hdd's as exel files etc. But what I need is a program that is able to build up a database all directories within the program, so i can search within the program in the data, or at least in the exported (from the program) data. Thank you.
    All three of the programs first mentioned in my post #3 in this thread can do this! They are disk catalogers that will read and record internal drives, external drives, etc. Here's some screenshot examples from Disk Explorer for example:

Disk Explorer screenshots