Slut
    Orientation
    Bisexual
    Status
    Single

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Making the Ignore function stronger

So I've tried using the Ignore List to improve my experience here on JUB but I feel like there are some features that need to be added to make it more effective.

If I'm ignoring someone I basically don't want to see them at all. It's not really possible to completely erase someone's presence, and I understand that, but there are a few ways I can think of to make their presence less noticeable.

One problem is that you can still see posts from people that quote the ignored party. If you're trying to avoid someone that's inflammatory or stalking you it really is frustrating to have to sift through all the posts responding to them to find the engaging posts.

What I'd like to see to remedy that problem is having the ability to filter out posts that have certain keywords. You see this type of function on several platforms and its use extends to more than just ignoring users you don't like. I think that's a really constructive feature to have for creating a better user experience.

I'd also like it if you could adjust how the forum displays posts made by someone you're ignoring. Right now it displays this:
    https://imgur.com/ji4MDFG
    Which takes up a lot of space and makes the person's post more visible than I think is necessary. Honestly I'd almost like for their posts not to show up at all but I think there are some communication issues that could cause where you don't realize that the person you're ignoring is present in the conversation.

Instead I'd like to see this:
    https://imgur.com/5KL6fTZ
    The bare minimum. Heck you probably don't even need the rank to be visible.

I don't think it'd be too difficult to implement this as you only have to set the 'post-body' and 'post-row' classes for ignored users to 'height: 0' in the HTML/CSS source code.

Really, I don't love it when I feel I have to put people on Ignore but I think there are some instances where it's just what is needed for the individual and I'd like to see a few extra options to make using the Ignore feature more meaningful.
    ⣀⣤⣶⣿⣯⣅⣀⣤⣶⣿⣯⣅⣀⣤⣶⣿⣯⣅⣀⣤⣶⣿⣯⣅⣀⣤⣶⣿⣯⣅

Peek-A-Boo
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Re: Making the Ignore function stronger

I completely agree. The ignore function really does not work. If I want to ignore someone, I want it to be like they don't exist. The way it is now, if they post something, you get a message that actually encourages you take them off ignore. Hey Look! You are ignoring so-and-so and they posted a message. Click here to see it!!!!. WTF? The entire post should be suppressed. It should display nothing. If they start thread, suppress the entire thread. Don't even show it. If they're quoted in a thread, suppress that post as well. Reject all comments and PM's from them too.

Slut
    Orientation
    Bisexual
    Status
    Single

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Quote Originally Posted by cityboy-stl View Post
    Reject all comments and PM's from them too.
    Oh wow. I hadn't even considered if this was even possible! I just assumed it wasn't.

Slut
    Orientation
    Bisexual
    Status
    Single

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

In light of some recent events on the forum there's another function I'd like to see implemented.

People that are put on someone's ignore list should be unable to see the threads made by the person ignoring them. I don't believe this should be the default but I do think it should be an option available.

If you have someone stalking or harassing you and you put them on Ignore they can still make you pointedly aware that they're still messing with you by generating activity in your threads despite knowing that you don't want to talk to them.
    ⣀⣤⣶⣿⣯⣅⣀⣤⣶⣿⣯⣅⣀⣤⣶⣿⣯⣅⣀⣤⣶⣿⣯⣅⣀⣤⣶⣿⣯⣅