Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Harvey Weinstein

Why is it such a "big news" story ??
    The news reported the story like it is world war 3 ...

I considered it is a "small news" story ....

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-10-1...-story/9041476

NEVER LISTEN TO A ONE SIDED STORY AND JUDGE.

Can you hear me yet?
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Blog Entries

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Re: Harvey Weinstein

Because Weinstein did what Trump did, but, while Trump's behaviour was 'swept under a rug' and even applauded by his supporters, Weinstein is being demonised, as was Bill Cosby.
    Quando omni flunkus, moritati.

Blog Entries

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Because stuff like this still isn’t treated as a big deal as it should be. Over the years people have made comments and jokes about his behavior, nothing was done because of his position but it was clearly well known. It’s a big deal because people still have a hard time coming out and admitting that this happens because people like Weinstein use their power to make them fear them.

Terry Crews just came out about a sexual assault on him. Clearly he is a guy you wouldn’t do that to if it was an average joe, but the executive that did it to him had power over him and knew it, that’s why they do it. Because in that situation unfortunately Terry Crews would look like the bad guy if he retaliated and then his career would take a huge hit or be completely ruined.

This exists out of Hollywood too. It’s important because people need to know that they should come out and expose these individuals. They’re all scum.

Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Watch me jack off and i'll green light your movie, count me in.

JUB Addict

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

this pig lives in my neighborhood in the city and if it's possible he's more gross in person than he is in pictures and that is saying a lot ...when you look like that I guess your only hope for grade A vagina is to become rich and famous----I knew he was a pig didn't think he was such an in your face stupid one---like trump.

Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

If you say a firm "NO", do you think Weinstein or Trump still do it to you ?
    I don't think so.

Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

That's funny ....

Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Pic below ...
    who's fault is this for girls kissing him ?

Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

And Julia Roberts loved him LOL

Can you hear me yet?
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Blog Entries

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Quote Originally Posted by Telstra View Post
    Pic below ...
    who's fault is this for girls kissing him ?
    Kissing him is not the same as being sexually assaulted by him.

JUB Addict

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

I don't think so.
    if you saw what he did----it didn't have anything to do with fucking---he grabbed them before they said no---jerked off in front of them--showered in front of them---got them alone and did this and some left some were in shock at 20 21 etc--and if they left they lost their job---or never got a job.

He was THE biggest and THE best producer--- of great films---everyone wanted to work in one of his films---strangely he hasn't been as successful these past several years---
    Last edited by nycguydowntown; October 11th, 2017 at 08:48 PM.

Blog Entries

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

I don't think so.
    Thinking isn’t your strong suit. So I mean, yea.

Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

I don't think so.
    But the point is that you fear, and they probably will, use their power and influence to get back at you

JUB Addict

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Quote Originally Posted by LeicsDom View Post
    But the point is that you fear, and they probably will, use their power and influence to get back at you
    I think the entire sexual harassment thing is overblown. It is more political correctness aiming to control every thought, word and deed. Barring violent physical assault and rape the law should not attempt to regulate relations between the sexes.
    But Weinstein is physically one of the most repulsive men I have seen, not least because he lets his beard be a scruffy grey stubble. Throw the book at him.

Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

I have to agree with Ben.
    Sexual harassment is blown out of proportion.

The people who yelled "sexual harassment" should visit gay saunas and observe ...

Blog Entries

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

No, ben is just an asshole.
    We consume to satisfy, We do not kill to stay alive
    As a race we torture and we kill, In the name of a God given will. Prey to Human Silence - One King Down

JUB Addict

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

The people who yelled "sexual harassment" should visit gay saunas and observe ...
    agree that sexual harassment is blown out of proportion, than again you are not a hot 21 year old woman and don't think like one---but wait, some guy in a sauna may still press charges against you if you grab them without them wanting you to ----but this Weinstein thing been going on for a long time---a power gay in Hollywood grabbed some black actors dick while at a party in front of his wife!----BUT if you are going to do it----being this aggressive and arrogant is going to eventually catch up with you

Status
    Available
    Blog Entries

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Quote Originally Posted by Benvolio View Post
    Barring violent physical assault and rape the law should not attempt to regulate relations between the sexes.
    So you're perfectly fine with physical assault is what you're saying, as I'm pretty sure there's no such animal as assault that isn't considered violence or forced. Physical assault is by its nature violent, Mr. It's Rape If They Fuck Me With No Condom. I see double standards....
    Last edited by luckynumbah7; October 12th, 2017 at 07:31 AM.
    “I'm not cruel, sir, I won't shoot you in the guts, but I will make you realize how much you took your toes for granted.”
    ― Terry Pratchett, Snuff

Status
    Available
    Blog Entries

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

co·er·cion
    kōˈərZHən,kōˈərSHən/Submit
    noun
    the practice of persuading someone to do something by using force or threats.

I mean, there's the definition of coercion. I notice both force and threat are listed. Here's a result of both force and threat, the most common result -

"But what happens when I don't?"

The answer to that is "It happens anyway."
    “I'm not cruel, sir, I won't shoot you in the guts, but I will make you realize how much you took your toes for granted.”
    ― Terry Pratchett, Snuff

huh?
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Married

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

I knew there was a reason I stopped opening Telly threads...
    FPNY
    Annoying JUBBERS since 2003

Look, listen and rejoice oakpope's Avatar
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Benvolio and you, if you're serious, disgust me.
    Last edited by oakpope; October 12th, 2017 at 08:24 AM.
    Magna Veritas

JUB Addict

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Quote Originally Posted by luckynumbah7 View Post
    So you're perfectly fine with physical assault is what you're saying, as I'm pretty sure there's no such animal as assault that isn't considered violence or forced. Physical assault is by its nature violent, Mr. It's Rape If They Fuck Me With No Condom. I see double standards....
    Any unauthorized touching is technically an assault, but I don't think every pat on the back should be a crime. It is not likely to cause physical harm, but sex without a condum can be deadly.

Can you hear me yet?
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Blog Entries

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Quote Originally Posted by Benvolio View Post
    Barring violent physical assault and rape the law should not attempt to regulate relations between the sexes.
    Quote Originally Posted by luckynumbah7 View Post
    So you're perfectly fine with physical assault is what you're saying
    it makes me wonder why the president - (cough cough raping a 13-year-old cough grabbing p***y cough cough) - got away with it. Improper touching IS physical assault, no matter WHO does it to whom, and no matter how gentle it might be.

JUB Addict

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Quote Originally Posted by oakpope View Post
    And I don't have any respect for those who want every tiny thing not nice to be regulated by the criminal sanction or the government.

Status
    Single
    Blog Entries

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Quote Originally Posted by nycguydowntown View Post
    he's more gross in person
    Well I find him hot and he could rape me any time

A victim of his crimes now paying the consequences.

Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Quote Originally Posted by oakpope View Post
    Why don't you post the "sexual harassment" thing in details if you feel so strongly about it ?
    Or just making overblown world war 3 noises.

JUB Addict

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Much of the commentary I've read mentions how fat and ugly ("pock-marked" is often added) Weinstein is. In contrast, none of the articles I've read regarding serial sexual predator and former Fox News CEO Roger Ailes brought up how fat and repulsive he is. I wonder why. Perhaps the reason is that Ailes's image was not as widely published as Weinstein's: no pictures of Roger being embraced and kissed by Uma Thurman and Heidi Klum, for example. Then again, commentators et al across the political spectrum (as they say) have condemned Weinstein, and I can't recall any conservatives condemning Mr. Ailes. Conservatives more or less demanded that Hillary Clinton condemn her political supporter Weinstein, whereas I never heard the same demand of Donald Trump regarding his champion, Ailes. Trump's only public comment regarding Weinstein--as far as I know--is that he knew him for years and the revelations didn't surprise him, so are we to assume the President was part of the terrible "conspiracy of silence" that allowed the heinous Weinstein to continue his prosperous career? Let's hope Mr. Trump resists a belated condemnation: one of his few attractive qualities is his lack of sanctimony.

But back to the horror of fat and ugly and pock-marked Harvey Weinstein preying upon good-looking young women who were drawn into his orbit: when I first read the NYT article, I wondered, did any women submit to his advances? Many women? And knowing that the casting couch works both ways, were there other women who sought to seduce him in the interest of advancing their career?

Even more interesting I thought, is the question of whether or not we would ever have heard any of this if Weinstein hadn't been good-looking, or truly as handsome as producer and former Paramount head Robert Evans, or recently deceased former Paramount head Brad Grey, or Bob Eiger at Disney. Evans is a well-known roue', and in his heyday was a very handsome guy. He could have had any number of would-be Hollywood starlets in his bed, and probably did. He undoubtedly had girls throwing themselves at him, and probably still does. Grey was and Eiger is, a handsome, engaged and engaging guy--how many women would complain being propositioned by him? I can easily imagine that both of these guys often had women attempting to seduce them.

One of the reasons why the Weinstein story is fascinating is that he's truly a beast; but while he couldn't turn into a prince with a kiss from Beauty, he held the key to a world where she might find a prince on her own. Even forgetting the last part, it wouldn't be the first time a beautiful, desirable woman made an alliance with a powerful ugly man.
    Last edited by LatimerRd; October 12th, 2017 at 04:32 PM.

JUB Addict

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

^
    Obvious correction above: "If Weinstein had been good-looking".

Match in the Gas Tank... Taralen's Avatar
    Status
    Single

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Quote Originally Posted by LatimerRd View Post
    Much of the commentary I've read mentions how fat and ugly ("pock-marked" is often added) Weinstein is. In contrast, none of the articles I've read regarding serial sexual predator and former Fox News CEO Roger Ailes brought up how fat and repulsive he is. I wonder why. Perhaps the reason is that Ailes's image was not as widely published as Weinstein's: no pictures of Roger being embraced and kissed by Uma Thurman and Heidi Klum, for example. Then again, commentators et al across the political spectrum (as they say) have condemned Weinstein, and I can't recall any conservatives condemning Mr. Ailes. Conservatives more or less demanded that Hillary Clinton condemn her political supporter Weinstein, whereas I never heard the same demand of Donald Trump regarding his champion, Ailes. Trump's only public comment regarding Weinstein--as far as I know--is that he knew him for years and the revelations didn't surprise him, so are we to assume the President was part of the terrible "conspiracy of silence" that allowed the heinous Weinstein to continue his prosperous career? Let's hope Mr. Trump resists a belated condemnation: one of his few attractive qualities is his lack of sanctimony.

But back to the horror of fat and ugly and pock-marked Harvey Weinstein preying upon good-looking young women who were drawn into his orbit: when I first read the NYT article, I wondered, did any women submit to his advances? Many women? And knowing that the casting couch works both ways, were there other women who sought to seduce him in the interest of advancing their career?

Even more interesting I thought, is the question of whether or not we would ever have heard any of this if Weinstein hadn't been good-looking, or truly as handsome as producer and former Paramount head Robert Evans, or recently deceased former Paramount head Brad Grey, or Bob Eiger at Disney. Evans is a well-known roue', and in his heyday was a very handsome guy. He could have had any number of would-be Hollywood starlets in his bed, and probably did. He undoubtedly had girls throwing themselves at him, and probably still does. Grey was and Eiger is, a handsome, engaged and engaging guy--how many women would complain being propositioned by him? I can easily imagine that both of these guys often had women attempting to seduce them.

One of the reasons why the Weinstein story is fascinating is that he's truly a beast; but while he couldn't turn into a prince with a kiss from Beauty, he held the key to a world where she might find a prince on her own. Even forgetting the last part, it wouldn't be the first time a beautiful, desirable woman made an alliance with a powerful ugly man.
    Because men are allowed to be unkempt in many and in all cases. Nobody cares if a man if fat or ugly or geeky or dweeby. If he has charisma, swagger, good sense of humor, money lol, all that shit doesn't matter.

Women have to have sex appeal to them always. That's just the way it is. That's why on TV most diet and weight loss and beauty shit is targeted and marketed towards women.

So the fact Harvey Weinstein is fat and ugly has nothing to do with anything. Men aren't judged or ranked on that.

If Kim Kardashian was fat and ugly, she wouldn't be a sex symbol that she is.

That's just the way it is.
    Glass Half Empty, Glass Half Full
    http://colorfulqueers.tumblr.com/

JUB Addict

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Quote Originally Posted by LatimerRd View Post
    ...it wouldn't be the first time a beautiful, desirable woman made an alliance with a powerful ugly man.
    "A tale as old as time."

Not knowing her and their history, I wondered why a much younger, very beautiful and successful fashion designer would marry the guy. Now I know: he made her a success.