Free Gay Sex Photos, Movies, Reviews and Forums at JustUsBoys
    Virgin

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Firefox***** usage question.

I have a 6 year old Samsung laptop computer with Windows 7, without about 51% memory usage.

I am not very computer literate when it comes to the nuts-and-bolts operation of my computer’s hard drive , but . . .

Over the past few weeks, I have noticed that my internet speed has become slow and sluggish, when it comes to using my Firefox internet browser . . . i.e., websites no longer download as quickly as they used to. Then whenever I am typing an email online (using Gmail or Yahoo mail), the actual letters that I am typing in a letter, the letters seem to have a few seconds delay before the type actually appears in the email letter onscreen (thus giving the feeling that my computer is running sluggish).

I opened my Task Manager (I have it sorted by programs taking the most memory to run). Every time I open the Task Manager, it always seems that at the top to the screen, there is always (3) three “firefox***** *32” running . . . the first one seems to always be using about 730K to 780K memory, the second one always seems to be using about 230K to 250K memory, and the third one always seems to be using around 90K - 94K memory. Yet I only have 1 window open using firefox . . . so should I actually have 3 firefoxes***** running? Every time I try to close one of these running firefox***** *32, then my firefox browser window closes. Yet I am just concerned and was wondering, is it normal to have 3 of these firefoxe***** running, since I only have one window open using firefox?

All of my non-internet programs work great and quick, it is only when I am using Firefox that I have this slow running and sluggish problem . . . I have IE, but I seldom use it, since I have been happily using Firefox for over 15 years, and I have never had a problem with it until now.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Bereaved...
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Re: Firefox***** usage question.

This article might be of some help. It describes how to reduce the amount of memory used by Firefox. It should help to speed things up for you.
    https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb...uch-memory-ram
    Hull FC.

On the Prowl

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

That's because newer versions of Firefox have Multi-process enabled by default. It can be disabled: https://support.ant.com/hc/en-us/art...-Multi-Process

Virgin

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Thank you so very, very much for your help Hotrich, and Sebazz. These 2 links have provided me a wealth of great and useful information. Since I am not very computer literate it may take me a little time to digest this information before I can start fixing my problems, yet I think this will solve my problems.

Up until now, I had no idea this was a prevalent problem for other users of Firefox. So at least I feel better knowing that I am not the only one with this problem.

That is one thing that I hate about getting some of those automatic Firefox updates/upgrades. Since I am not very computer literate, I have no idea what most of those updates/updates will do/are doing . . . then over time (sooner or later), I can see where Firefox is no longer working as great as it once was. When I first started using Firefox about 15 years ago, I was very, very happy with the first version I had . . . yet up until this day, I must say I have never been happier with any upgrade/update they have done to Firefox since then (yet so far, I have not seen any benefit that I have received using their updates/upgraded versions of Firefox over the years) . . . yet I am one of those people that believes in not fixing with what is not broke.

Thanks a MILLION you two!

Orientation
    Gay

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

With the new Firefox version, you should have far less memory usage and the browser should load up much faster. If your internet connection is slow and lagging, I guess it's something else.
    ‹(´ω`)› Dissolve your inner chicken. Voices that say "ah, yes".

Virgin

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Quote Originally Posted by Paws View Post
    With the new Firefox version, you should have far less memory usage and the browser should load up much faster. If your internet connection is slow and lagging, I guess it's something else.
    Thank you so very much, Paws. I greatly appreciate the additional help.