Thread: Sharing

Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Partnered

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Sharing

Last weekend one of my coffee acquaintances reminded our group of idle chatters that his net worth was increasing sufficiently to call himself a wealthy property owner. George is 73 years of age and spends most of his time administering his properties, and drinking coffee. The elixir of youth has by passed most of our group enabling all, except George to get on with enjoying life by sharing our abundance with those in lack. None lacks generosity when need faces us. Not that we are irresponsible but that we believe that none will take their good fortune to the afterlife.

Over the centuries mystics of all spiritual traditions have identified the source of creation revealing its presence through the actions of the self sacrificing human person...thus, sharing of ones life's worth with those in great need benefits the giver, as well as the recipient participating in the banquet daily provided by the creator.

It has been said none is worthless, knowing that our Heavenly Father anoints every human person, with love that overflows sufficient to share with all who need.

Hope smiles on all who share their good fortune especially when the last crust of bread is broken into two pieces to feed the stranger, who just happened to appear out of the shadows to share our light.

What myth is this that hurries to placate our frustations reminding each of us that as life showers us with its gifts, it also prunes us to strengthen our resolve to grow more fruit to feed all sent to us to participate in our harvest of plenty.

Everything in the universe is within you. Ask all from yourself.”~Rumi
    Last edited by kallipolis; June 15th, 2017 at 04:33 AM.

Ammor magnus doctor est
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Married (to a man)
    Blog Entries

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Re: Sharing

I believe that spiritually if you want to keep it..you must give it away...

HUGS! ;-)
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Open Relationship

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

I actually HATE Money! It doesn't care who does, or doesn't have it. It is completely worthless until it is used for something. And, yes, Money can indeed be the root of all Evil. It can also be a great source of Good. Money has no conscience. One's net "worth" is not a valid indication of their Human Worth.

I know Very wealthy, and even famous, people who are miserable. I also know people who have next to nothing, but are the most generous, outgoing souls, who would give you the shirt off their backs, if they had a shirt.

LIFE is not about how much we can Gain, as much as it is about how much we can Give, and, receive so much more in return. Not in Money, or Wealth, or Things, but in ways that are FAR More VALUABLE.

Feed the Spirit! Not the wallet, or storage compartment.

It's not the Material that we can take with us when we "pass".
    WISDOM is the Knowledge you've gained ... After you could have used it! _Me

Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Partnered

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanimal View Post

LIFE is not about how much we can Gain, as much as it is about how much we can Give, and, receive so much more in return. Not in Money, or Wealth, or Things, but in ways that are FAR More VALUABLE.
    My experience teaches me that people who share their abundance are predictably happy, and contented.

Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Partnered

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

"All you have shall someday be given; Therefore give now, that the season of giving may be yours and not your inheritors'."~Khalil Gibran
    The parable on The Good Samaritan teaches us that good intentions, words that reveal our awareness that there are people in dire need of our help, is not sufficient...there must be action that evidences our response to the needs of those who are victims of life's inequalities, and injustices.

Our support for our fellow traveller requires more than emotional feelings; it must also include practical implementation of our beliefs; our need to practice what we say, we believe....poignantly so, when we could be the victim lying in the gutter hoping that a passing stranger will stop and help us.