Thread: Fatty liver

On the Prowl
    Orientation
    Bisexual

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Fatty liver

Hello, all--

Lately I've been trying to lose weight by exercising and eating more healthy. However I've had a really hard time losing weight. I have, for many years, been a heavy drinker (Nothing too bad, but certainly more than it's probably healthy). I have now significantly reduced my alcohol intake, and only having it one or two days a week (whereas I use to drink daily, even if it was one or two drinks). Anyway, I've come to suspect I may have fatty liver which is why I've had such a hard time losing weight.

My question is, realistically, how long does it take to reduce fatty liver, which a good diet (lowish fat) and exercise (5-6 days a week, sprinting most days, other days just 5k run or 60 minute medium intensity cardio on elliptical machine)? Also, reducing my alcohol intake significantly (I'll still drink sometimes during the weekend but much less than I used to).

What do you think?

Thank you.

Virgin

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Re: Fatty liver

My doctor told me I had a "fatty liver" as well, she said that recovery depends a lot on your diet and alcohol consumption but 6-12 months if I laid off the fatty foods and alcohol.

JUB Addict

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

A fatty liver makes weight loss harder. See this: https://www.liverdoctor.com/how-to-l...a-fatty-liver/

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Choline and inositol. 3000mg daily for 30 days.