Free Gay Sex Photos, Movies, Reviews and Forums at JustUsBoys
    Orientation
    Bisexual
    Status
    Single

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Editing posts after ten minutes?

Most of the time I have access to this site I'm on a device with pretty poor autocorrect and Swype-like function. I don't generally proofread until after I've already posted something, and every once in a while I miss things even then. I'm specifically thinking of an "it's" rather than an "its", an "I'd" instead of the intended "if", and a "beyond" misused in the place of "behind" that I just noticed in posts I had already edited.

Will the amount of time I'm allowed to edit my posts increase once I've hit a certain number of posts or something? I'll gladly go out with a bat on a mission if that is the case =-).

Otherwise, is there anything I can do to try and increase that limit on the site in general. I'm thinkin' of sticking polls to posts and praying that people contribute to the tally without toppling the homophones and homonyms and all that I've been talking about.
    Last edited by Laboyes; March 24th, 2017 at 03:06 AM.

Blog Entries

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Re: Editing posts after ten minutes?

I bet everyone here likes your homophones and homonyms as they are.

Orientation
    Bisexual
    Status
    Single

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

It just felt funny to type about polls on posts without some acknowledgement. It's late at night, my judgement has died.

Moderator JUB Moderator star-warrior's Avatar
    Orientation
    Bisexual
    Status
    Married
    Blog Entries

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

If you require an alteration after 10 minutes, then you can make a request by clicking on the triangular button with the exclamation mark to say exactly what needs changing. But it requires a mod to be on hand to make your changes for you.

Your best bet is before even beginning to reply, is to open up something like Notepad or Wordpad or some such text editor and composing it off-JUB before before copy and pasting it to the board. Quite often, we have have people saying they didn't check the 'Keep me logged in' option, and by the time they finished typing and hit the reply button, they've lost their work as their login session has ended.

Moderator JUB Moderator star-warrior's Avatar
    Orientation
    Bisexual
    Status
    Married
    Blog Entries

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

As far as polls are concerned, I would think it is possible to edit a mistake in a poll option, although I've not tried it myself, as a mod. If the system allows it, that is.

Pas op voor het boze oog JUB Admin KaraBulut's Avatar
    Status
    Partnered

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Quote Originally Posted by star-warrior View Post
    Your best bet is before even beginning to reply, is to open up something like Notepad or Wordpad or some such text editor and composing it off-JUB before before copy and pasting it to the board. Quite often, we have have people saying they didn't check the 'Keep me logged in' option, and by the time they finished typing and hit the reply button, they've lost their work as their login session has ended.
    ^QFT

There's a brief pause that happens early in the morning sometimes while system maintenance is running. I've lost a few long PMs or posts this way over the years. It's never a bad idea to type out long PMs or posts into a text editor. The more common ones like MS Word also check spelling and grammar. Then just cut and paste when you're done.

There are spelling plugins for most of the browsers, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Laboyes View Post
    ... It's late at night, my judgement has died.
    I bet everyone here likes your homophones and homonyms as they are.
    Judgment. (only 1 'e')

But in the end, we don't care so much about spelling as long as we understood what you meant to say.
    JUB's full list of smilies can be found here. BBcodes are here.

On the Prowl
    Orientation
    Bisexual

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

I'm curious why there is a time limit on when you're allowed to edit?
    I could understand that for some of the subforums, like the politics and culture one, but with most of the others I don't see why editing would be a bad thing. Especially since it leaves a time-stamp.

I bring this up because it seems like it's becoming more necessary for people making ID threads to edit their first post because they didn't know about tumblr's safe-mode and they just posted a link, rather than an image. I also think being able to edit indefinitely could be helpful for the Coming-Out and Relationships subforum and the Health and Wellness subforum so you could put addendums in the first post updating newcomers about where the discussion is at now.

JUB Addict
    Status
    Married (to a man)

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Judgement. Two Es.

The other thing you can do is write out your post in the JUB window, then copy it, then post. If I've written a masterpiece, I do that to safeguard it against posting errors.

The editing time limit used to be 20 minutes but that was before Donald Trump and Brexit.

Pas op voor het boze oog JUB Admin KaraBulut's Avatar
    Status
    Partnered

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Quote Originally Posted by SeaCore View Post
    I'm curious why there is a time limit on when you're allowed to edit?
    The most practical reason is because there's no gap between the time when you post and the time when someone can reply to your post.

If you change your post after someone replies, then it may make the reply no longer relevant.

Quote Originally Posted by bankside View Post
    Judgement. Two Es.
    It may be one of those those variations between British and American English, it's one "e".
    http://www.dictionary.com/browse/judgment?s=t

"Judgement" is listed as an "alternate spelling" for British English. OP is in the US.
    JUB's full list of smilies can be found here. BBcodes are here.