Free Gay Sex Photos, Movies, Reviews and Forums at JustUsBoys
    Blog Entries

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Mom and Pop shops.

Is there one you go to regularly? There is a Bagel place around are way called Bagel Bin, really love their place. We usually exclusively get our Bagels there. And their Bagel Sandwiches are like no other. When we move I will miss it like crazy.
    "Nightmares become me, it's so fucking clear."

Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Partnered

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Re: Mom and Pop shops.

I miss the mom and pop shops of a big city and of the good old days out in the country.

We only have one convenience store in the village near the farm....it used to be a real mom and pop general store with ice cream parlour and pizza take-out along with the groceries through salt licks and fence wore. Now it is just another smokes and snacks store run by an indifferent and crabby guy.

In Toronto, we had a deli, green grocer, fish and chips and a bakery that were all M&P shops in our neighbourhood.

Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Forgive my non-US ignorance but what on earth is a Mom & Pop shop?
    It sounds like an alternative Mothercare!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mothercare.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	61.1 KB 
ID:	1165251

Blog Entries

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Pretty much an independent local business, own by an individual(s). Generally a family business.
    Last edited by MakeDigitalLove; June 19th, 2016 at 04:06 AM.

Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Quote Originally Posted by MakeDigitalLove View Post
    Pretty much an independent local business, own by an individual(s).
    Any type of business?

We call them Artisan Shops or just Independants

Blog Entries

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Quote Originally Posted by LeicsDom View Post
    Any type of business?

We call them Artisan Shops or just Independants
    Yea it can be any type of business.

Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

There's a cool independent record store here in Nashville call Grimeys that I go to a lot. Also, Jack White has a small record store called Third Man Records that's cool.

Orientation
    Bisexual
    Status
    Single

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Most of the businesses in downtown Flagstaff are small, locally-owned businesses, so it's really easy to support the local economy here. There a several coffee shops, restaurants, and bars that I like to frequent there. And many of the chains that I patronize are small chains with only a few stores, all located within Arizona.
    Recently I heard a 'wise guy' story that I had a party at my home for twenty-five men. It's an interesting story, but I don't know twenty-five men I'd want to invite to a party. ~Joan Crawford

JUB Addict
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Married (to a man)
    Blog Entries

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

I patronize mom and pop stores as a rule more than exception....

...and me and my husband have our own pop and pop store...25 years now in business...

Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Dating

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

There used to be a few "Mom & pop" type places where I live, sadly most of them have been taken over by corporations and replaced by Starbucks, Dunkin' Donuts, etc. There is a burger place not far from where I live that has been in business since the 50's or 60's that apparently has attracted country-wide acclaim, and has more or less remained the same afaik.
    Bitch, I'm evil!!

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Vitamia in Lodi N.J.I know the owners for about 25 years now.The guy losing his hair is crazy Paulie...great guy

Sausage bread to die for warm out of the oven.
    Homemade ravioli and stuffed pastas so tender,with all quality ingredients.

Fresh whole milk mozzarella made daily.I had a sandwich the other day with slabs of warm mozzarella and sliced tomatoes,drizzled with a pesto vinaigrette on crunchy semolina bread....

You walk in and the smell of prosciutto and salami and sharp cheeses and baked breads hits you.Their Mom and Dad (up in age now)started the store in 1967.The store and food cases are gleaming from cleanliness.They work from sun up to sun down,and some of New Jersey's best restaurants use their products.

Heres a video of the store.The woman says its in Garfield,but its on the border,and in Lodi N.J.

JUB Addict
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Married (to a man)
    Blog Entries

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

^^^Where is your video?

I want to see it

Orientation
    Bisexual
    Status
    Married

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

My fella's village is just amazing; there is not one franchise in sight. All the shops and restaurants are locally owned and operated (though there is a Subway counter in a local gas station). I grew up in a village setting in west end of Toronto and prefer it to the big malls and shopping centre.
    Challenge your fears, don't fear your challenges.

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Hey east...the video is showing for me Let me try again...

Or you can go to YouTube and enter "Vitamia & Sons Ravioli Company in Lodi, NJ "

JUB Addict
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Married (to a man)
    Blog Entries

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Quote Originally Posted by Vannie View Post
    Hey east...the video is showing for me Let me try again...

Or you can go to YouTube and enter "Vitamia & Sons Ravioli Company in Lodi, NJ "
    THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!! I can see it now...and I would LOVE to go there. Those guys are great....so cool to have been in business that long too.....looks yummy.....

in the grickle grass
    Orientation
    Gay
    Blog Entries

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Beware the wolf in sheep's clothing, I say.

One of our hippest, most popular indie coffee shops and roasteries was sold by the owner to the conglomerate that owns Vitamin Water. Some shares are now apparently owned by Peet's, which is in turn owned by an Austrian billionaire.

The image is sooo mom and pop, the reality is so not.
    Bactrian Camel
    The worst thing...is not energy depletion, economic collapse, conventional war, or the expansion of totalitarian governments. As terrible as these catastrophes would be for us, they can be repaired in a few generations. The one process now going on that will take millions of years to correct is loss of genetic and species diversity by the destruction of natural habitats. This is the folly our descendants are least likely to forgive us.--e.o. wilson

Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Partnered
    Blog Entries

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

I am very lucky to now be working at a Mom and Pop shop. Which has become much more than a shop over the years.

The Owners, a husband and wife bought the place 25 years ago, it operated out of a 3000 Square Foot space in a nondescript strip mall. When they started, their 14 year old daughter began working there. When the daughter graduated from business school, she was gifted 10% ownership from each parent.

The husband is retiring this year (the daughter is buying out her Dad's 40%) so beginning next month, it will be a Mother-Daughter team as owners. We now are in a 25,000 square foot selling floor space plus a woefully inadequate 10,000 square foot warehouse.

The Family offers their employees a decent working wage, full benefits, and a generous discount. Plus being a family themselves, if there's an emergency, family crisis, or whatever, they understand and give a crap about their employees.

A lot of people think we're a chain, but we're not. Each location is independently owned and operated, but we buy most of our goods from a National buying cooperative. Each owner has a share in the Corporate entity and is governed by a Board of Directors made of Owners, who in turn hire the CEO and CFO who run the daily activities of the Corporate end.

If you watch TV, you'll all be seeing the interior of the store starting sometime in July. We just wrapped two VERY long days of commercial shoots for the Fall/Winter season, and our location will be standing in for several different stores. The Boss Lady (the daughter) is in one for stocking stuffers.

Sex God

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

I always try to eat and drink local. No sense in spending your $$$$ in chains when there are so many good options.

One thing I always seek to eat local is pizza. It has become such a commodity with all the chains, with their bland to just plain bad pizza. I really wish there was a good local place in my neighborhood, there is one, but they aren't all that great. Which is probably good, because I'd be eating way too much pizza. As far as Nashville goes, these are the best pizza places I've found,

5 points pizza in east Nashville
    DeSano's near downtown in the Vandy/Music Row area
    NYNY Pizza in Mt Juliet, very authentic NY style pizza

Moderator JUB Moderator star-warrior's Avatar
    Orientation
    Bisexual
    Status
    Married
    Blog Entries

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

We used to go to a cake shop cat Kitwoods, they did the most amazing savoury sausage rolls (you american folks may know them as pigs in blankets). It was delicately seasoned and flavoured with sage and onion, most delicious thing I had as a kid. But like some family bakers, their children went on to do other things and they closed. Been looking for the last quarter of a century for some place that made a sausage roll like they did, but haven't come close.

JUB Addict

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

I used to live on the border of Lodi/Maywood, just off Rt. 17. Wish I had found this place then; I would've been there several times a week

Quote Originally Posted by Vannie View Post
    Vitamia in Lodi N.J.I know the owners for about 25 years now.The guy losing his hair is crazy Paulie...great guy

Sausage bread to die for warm out of the oven.
    Homemade ravioli and stuffed pastas so tender,with all quality ingredients.

Fresh whole milk mozzarella made daily.I had a sandwich the other day with slabs of warm mozzarella and sliced tomatoes,drizzled with a pesto vinaigrette on crunchy semolina bread....

You walk in and the smell of prosciutto and salami and sharp cheeses and baked breads hits you.Their Mom and Dad (up in age now)started the store in 1967.The store and food cases are gleaming from cleanliness.They work from sun up to sun down,and some of New Jersey's best restaurants use their products.

Heres a video of the store.The woman says its in Garfield,but its on the border,and in Lodi N.J.