JUB Addict
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

A Sci-Fi Cartoon Classic from the 1960's

After decades of being brushed off as an old joke due to its limited animation highlighted with Synchro-Vox lip dialog, the cartoon classic, "Space Angel", is getting a rethink by guys who are looking at this old series with fresh eyes.

Like the best comic art, Space Angel's limited animation lends itself well to lush drawings with lots of shadowing in select frames. A great looking TV show in its restored format but what seems to be driving the renewed interest in this cartoon is the detailed "Retro-future" vision that drives each episode, beautifully executed by the shows cast.

Scott McCloud is a space hero/hunk of the best kind because he's completely devoid of any sexual awareness - this dude is always in character and sticks strictly to business. And this is what makes a character like Scott so hot - his lack of sexual presence adds to his attractiveness.

And Scott McCloud would never go on mission without his team, All-American engineer Crystal Mace and Scottish engineer Taurus, bearded/bearish brute of a man circa 1962, lol! The character of Taurus raises Space Angel to a pioneering series for featuring a "plus-sized" man in a tight fitting spacesuit.

Comic book fans can find much to admire in Space Angel from spaceships and robots to broad shouldered heroes, spend some time with Space Angel. And pay attention to the dialog - a lot of this stuff showed up on the Starfleet Entrance Exam.

"Don't shoot Officer . . . I like Men"

HUGS! ;-)
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Open Relationship

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

Re: A Sci-Fi Cartoon Classic from the 1960's

I don't think I ever saw "Space Angel", but I do remember this ...

WISDOM is the Knowledge you've gained ... After you could have used it! _Me

HUGS! ;-)
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Open Relationship

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

And, this ...

WISDOM is the Knowledge you've gained ... After you could have used it! _Me

JUB Addict
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single

Posts must follow the:
    Code of Conduct

All this time I thought I was the only guy that remembered Clutch Cargo! One of the most unusual cartoons and I have to admit, his name is cool.

Looks like the internet came along just in time to save all these unique action/adventure cartoons. They all stand in contrast to "light", kiddie cartoons I see on television now. Seems to me the comic book crowd is ready for a hero rather than a superhero. Wouldn't surprise me if Space Angel gets a feature film in the next 5 years.
    "Don't shoot Officer . . . I like Men"