JustUsBoys.com gay porn forum

logo

Results 1 to 41 of 41
  1. #1

    STIs soaring in gay men

    http://www.bbc.com/news/health-33237995

    I'll post the text later. The numbers are for England but I saw similar stats for the U.S.

    I think the destigmatization of HIV along with the prevalence of PrEP are partly to blame along with the use of gay "social media" or "dating" apps.

    While HIV shouldn't be stigmatized we should still stress condom use.

  2. #2
    The gay gargoyle G-Lexington's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Denver CO
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Posts
    45,827
    Blog Entries
    21

    Code of Conduct

    Re: STIs soaring in gay men

    HIV used to be a death sentence. Then it was more of a "life sentence". But quality of life for HIV+ people has gotten progressively better. And as it has, gay men have weighed the risks of contracting HIV (and other STIs) and the issues should it happen with the pleasure of non-condom sex....and they're deciding more and more on the latter.

    Me? I'm still a condom lover.

    Lex

  3. #3
    WTF????? refujiunderground's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    10,166
    Blog Entries
    43

    Code of Conduct

    Re: STIs soaring in gay men

    well... there's condom shaming going around now. i've come across more guys that prefer bareback sex than protective sex. even worse, some of them will be like "how dare you have protective sex?" or will insult you when you say "i want to have sex with a condom" and they are really pushy too.

    i'm like... wow, breh. one of them was hiv positive and on PreP. he was like "let's have bareback sex because i'm on PreP though i'm HIV+" needless to say, that to me is a RED FLAG in itself and enough for me to just stop messing with them.

    i think that the whole hookup culture and sex, sex, sex mentality among gay men where dudes literally are willing to get sick over a nut is a REAL problem. you would think that dudes that are having sex with strangers would be like "safe sex" but they don't give a fuck. i don't get it.
    Last edited by refujiunderground; June 23rd, 2015 at 03:57 PM.
    one thing about the closet/you don't have to hurry/it will be bad tomorrow/so brother, don't you worry

  4. #4
    PerScientiam AdJustitiam bankside's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Beware the deepity.
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Married (to a man)
    Posts
    17,716
    Blog Entries
    2

    Code of Conduct

    Re: STIs soaring in gay men

    We need to stop fucking strangers who might have slept with 7 different guys since their last HIV test.

    Oh HIV test? What's that? Yeah, we need everybody tested too. Preferably in front of the people they'd like to fuck. That's not "too private" for sharing with somebody you want to stick your body parts into while having an orgasm.

    And we need to tell people, gay men especially, that their HIV test expires once they fuck someone new. After that they know fuck all about their status.
    Last edited by bankside; June 23rd, 2015 at 06:05 PM.

  5. #5
    JUB Addict GreyUnderscore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    NYC
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    4,104

    Code of Conduct

    Re: STIs soaring in gay men

    I hear from people I know who don't use condoms when they hook up with strangers and it fucking blows my mind. How can you not be concerned about getting an STI? I don't care if the person looks "clean" or that sex feels much better without a condom, you want to have sex then you better agree to use a condom.

    "Oh it's just ____. A lot of people have it. It's no big deal." The fuck?

  6. #6
    I've seen some weird shit luckynumbah7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    philadelphia
    Gender
    Transexual Male
    Orientation
    Bisexual
    Status
    Available
    Posts
    1,941

    Code of Conduct

    Re: STIs soaring in gay men

    Condoms, for the love of Christ use condoms. I used to be, for a very brief period, under the impression gay and bi men were smart enough to always use condoms after the 80's, but noooooooo"...........

    The dating apps have nothing to do with it, there were no dating apps in the 80's and people were stupid just fine. I've never heard that someone needs help to be a raging fool.
    If I blow your mind, do you promise not to think in my mouth? - Unknown

  7. #7
    JUB Addict SaskGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Canada
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    2,340

    Code of Conduct

    Re: STIs soaring in gay men

    Yes, use condoms unless you know the other guy and you can trust him. So many guys will lie about their status. One of the reasons why I wouldn't just fuck any guy I didn't know is because HIV is a huge epidemic in Saskatchewan.

  8. #8
    PerScientiam AdJustitiam bankside's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Beware the deepity.
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Married (to a man)
    Posts
    17,716
    Blog Entries
    2

    Code of Conduct

    Re: STIs soaring in gay men

    ...and have fun with that condom on fucking a guy you don't trust.

  9. #9
    JUB Addict
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    2,601

    Code of Conduct

    Re: STIs soaring in gay men

    A guy i went to high school with had an ad on Grindr/Growlr that says "Raw bottom prefer bareback sex and Poz frendly" crazy he would risk his own life for sex.

  10. #10
    I've seen some weird shit luckynumbah7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    philadelphia
    Gender
    Transexual Male
    Orientation
    Bisexual
    Status
    Available
    Posts
    1,941

    Code of Conduct

    Re: STIs soaring in gay men

    Quote Originally Posted by bankside View Post
    ...and have fun with that condom on fucking a guy you don't trust.

    Because trusting someone when they say they're sti free really keeps those infections away? If that were true no one would find their wife or husband gave them a little something to remember them by.
    If I blow your mind, do you promise not to think in my mouth? - Unknown

  11. #11

    Re: STIs soaring in gay men

    Quote Originally Posted by luckynumbah7 View Post
    Because trusting someone when they say they're sti free really keeps those infections away? If that were true no one would find their wife or husband gave them a little something to remember them by.
    That was just his snarky way of reminding everyone who's ever fucked someone they weren't married to that they are completely beneath him.

  12. #12
    I've seen some weird shit luckynumbah7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    philadelphia
    Gender
    Transexual Male
    Orientation
    Bisexual
    Status
    Available
    Posts
    1,941

    Code of Conduct

    Re: STIs soaring in gay men

    Quote Originally Posted by TheLoveableLoner View Post
    That was just his snarky way of reminding everyone who's ever fucked someone they weren't married to that they are completely beneath him.
    In that case he needs to tell his partner he most likely either has hsv-1 or hsv-2, because 85% of people (give or take five percent) have one of the two viruses by the time they're sixty. Hell, 14-49yrs of age, 60% of people have it. It's one of several reasons why no one usually bothers to test for it on a panel. The other reason being that the test is done for the antibodies, and you can have none and still be infected.

    Anyone wanna wait for his smug ass to tell his partner he's got a higher than 50% shot that he gave his husband genital herpes from blowjobs with no condoms? Anyone? Or hell, could've been the other way around, who's to say.

    S'alright, Bankside, you can continue believing the power of trust (and by extension, absolute monogamy, as if that were synonymous) is like a rubber if you want to.

    But I wouldn't recommend it.

    http://www.emedicinehealth.com/oral_.../page10_em.htm

    And that's not even considering all those other sti's available.

    *Don't think no one noticed your false equivalency of monogamy with trust where trust apparently means you can ditch condoms with impunity. You were awfully, suspiciously quiet about condom use up there when pretending fucking one person was safer than fucking seven. hint - it isn't when the seven are wearing condoms and the one isn't. Nor does it mean that one person didn't get an sti from someone else, because you don't need to fuck to get one.
    Last edited by luckynumbah7; June 23rd, 2015 at 11:57 PM.
    If I blow your mind, do you promise not to think in my mouth? - Unknown

  13. #13

    Re: STIs soaring in gay men

    Quote Originally Posted by USEDCAR View Post
    A guy i went to high school with had an ad on Grindr/Growlr that says "Raw bottom prefer bareback sex and Poz frendly" crazy he would risk his own life for sex.
    I would never shame this lvl of honesty. People who speak like this should be awarded. Nobody likes a liar esp when their health is on the line.

  14. #14
    PerScientiam AdJustitiam bankside's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Beware the deepity.
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Married (to a man)
    Posts
    17,716
    Blog Entries
    2

    Code of Conduct

    Re: STIs soaring in gay men

    Quote Originally Posted by luckynumbah7 View Post
    Because trusting someone when they say they're sti free really keeps those infections away? If that were true no one would find their wife or husband gave them a little something to remember them by.
    No, not trusting someone. Someone could be anybody. Someone who says "Dude!! I'm clean, don't worry about it!! What was your name again?"

    That's not trust, and not what I'm talking about. Incidentally I would have thought you'd be one of the first to pick up on the fact that two married people should not always be assumed to trust each other.

    But let's admit that, for example, I exist. My guy is not going to get a disease that I bring home from someone else. It's just not going to happen.

    Is it possible that other people like me exist? Yes. Is it possible that they find each other and then have lots of sex without infecting each other? Yes. Regularly. Monogamously. Or "binogamously" (closed triad). Loyally. And bare-backedly.

    In short, with enough basic humanity and basic responsibility to not fuck a disease into someone who gives you an orgasm.

    Do people also exist who betray the people they pretend to be loyal to? YES, of course. But let's not pretend they're the only ones who exist, which is implicit in the dumbed-down message of "Well you never know, so always wear a condom."

    You never know. It's a cynical view of humanity, and it's a cynicism that does not even work to keep people alive. It just encourages people to a) assume everyone is a backstabbing out-of-control irresponsible broken fucker who would infect you as soon as look at you, and then b) sleep with them anyway instead of taking a pass.

    It's a cynical view of humanity that's also at odds with the fact that, given the 7 billion people on earth, there is plenty of healthful bareback sex going on, if only people would just think things through a liiiiiitle bit.

    We need to have a public health discussion helping people decide WHO to fuck, not blowing hot air on how to wrap up the dick of a guy who'd gladly give you a disease as long as he gets off.

  15. #15
    CE&P Secret Police xbuzzerx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Posts
    11,224

    Code of Conduct

    Re: STIs soaring in gay men

    It's also a completely false equivalency to argue that we can't talk about the relationship between unprotected casual hookups and the spread of STD's because "you could get them in a committed relationship with 1 partner too." Neither the probability nor the total potential possible number of people you are exposing to whatever STD's you may catch are the same. I don't see how pretending otherwise is anything other than a very misguided idea that we can't acknowledge anything negative about casual unprotected hookup culture or else we're "shaming" people's choices.

    Choices come with consequences, and responsibilities.

  16. #16
    I've seen some weird shit luckynumbah7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    philadelphia
    Gender
    Transexual Male
    Orientation
    Bisexual
    Status
    Available
    Posts
    1,941

    Code of Conduct

    Re: STIs soaring in gay men

    Except Bankside never specified unprotected sex, but he sure as hell specified having sex with more than one person.

    Pull the other one, it's got bells on.

    *Heres something that's actually a false equivalency, pointing out that 85% of people have hsv 1 or 2 and claiming that's shaming people who discuss condom use.

    You'll notice he said jack shit about condoms.
    Last edited by luckynumbah7; June 25th, 2015 at 06:30 PM.
    If I blow your mind, do you promise not to think in my mouth? - Unknown

  17. #17
    CE&P Secret Police xbuzzerx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Posts
    11,224

    Code of Conduct

    Re: STIs soaring in gay men

    Quote Originally Posted by luckynumbah7 View Post
    Except Bankside never specified unprotected sex, but he sure as hell specified having sex with more than one person.

    Pull the other one, it's got bells on.

    *Heres something that's actually a false equivalency, pointing out that 85% of people have hsv 1 or 2 and claiming that's shaming people who discuss condom use.

    You'll notice he said jack shit about condoms.
    I'm not necessarily "defending Bankside's posts." I glanced over them only. But I've seen this discussion 100 times on JUB since I've joined, and the same arguments always get made. And you always encounter exactly the same stubborn refusal of people to allow acknowledgment that casual hookup culture is a major consideration of STD prevalence and risk. That's where the other false equivalency comes up, that you're just as likely to get (insert whatever STD) from 1 partner as from 100. No one has ever said that I have EVER seen in any of these discussions that "partners can't ever cheat on you" or "having one partner protects you from getting any STD." It's never been claimed. But it's ridiculous to hold those up like hostage-taking against anyone saying there is a legitimately LARGE concern about STD's with an ad saying "bottom looking for bareback train."

  18. #18
    PerScientiam AdJustitiam bankside's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Beware the deepity.
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Married (to a man)
    Posts
    17,716
    Blog Entries
    2

    Code of Conduct

    Re: STIs soaring in gay men

    Quote Originally Posted by xbuzzerx View Post
    It's also a completely false equivalency to argue that we can't talk about the relationship between unprotected casual hookups and the spread of STD's because "you could get them in a committed relationship with 1 partner too." Neither the probability nor the total potential possible number of people you are exposing to whatever STD's you may catch are the same. I don't see how pretending otherwise is anything other than a very misguided idea that we can't acknowledge anything negative about casual unprotected hookup culture or else we're "shaming" people's choices.

    Choices come with consequences, and responsibilities.
    I'm exactly trying to establish that that the casual hookups, and the frequency between hookups, and the total number of hookups that happen between (consequently) pointless HIV tests, explains far more of the HIV pandemic, and should be a far greater public health concern, than whether people fuck with a condom or not.

  19. #19

    Re: STIs soaring in gay men

    Quote Originally Posted by bankside View Post
    I'm exactly trying to establish that that the casual hookups, and the frequency between hookups, and the total number of hookups that happen between (consequently) pointless HIV tests, explains far more of the HIV pandemic, and should be a far greater public health concern, than whether people fuck with a condom or not.
    And you'd be wrong. Just sayin'

    I'd assume one is less likely to contract HIV by protected sex with tons of partners than by unprotected sex with one partner.
    I'm more secure in the reliability of my condom than the chances someone will cheat at some point of the relationship.

  20. #20
    CE&P Secret Police xbuzzerx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Posts
    11,224

    Code of Conduct

    Re: STIs soaring in gay men

    Quote Originally Posted by LuckysRevenge View Post
    And you'd be wrong. Just sayin'

    I'd assume one is less likely to contract HIV by protected sex with tons of partners than by unprotected sex with one partner.
    I'm more secure in the reliability of my condom than the chances someone will cheat at some point of the relationship.
    I do find that to be a really sad commentary. If you anticipate a near certainty (or even a very very high probability) that a partner with whom you are committed likely will eventually cheat, I honestly think it's a question of the quality of people you're seeking out.

    Unless, that is, you buy into an idea that gay men are just inherently untrustworthy, promiscuous, and will cheat. Which so far as I know in any other discussion we all agree is a bigoted castigation.

  21. #21
    I've seen some weird shit luckynumbah7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    philadelphia
    Gender
    Transexual Male
    Orientation
    Bisexual
    Status
    Available
    Posts
    1,941

    Code of Conduct

    Re: STIs soaring in gay men

    Or, you know, you could look at statistics instead of assuming only righteous, decent people are faithful. Despite fucking at least seven people, no, I've never cheated and yes, the lack of non monogamy was what he was referencing.

    http://healthresearchfunding.org/26-...ating-spouses/

    It's actually 33-60 percent of couples cheat, but you go on and cover for Bankside, I'm sure he appreciates it. You know, as if people don't regularly pretend nonmongamy is a disease vector.

    Here's something else I'm sure people will loath- poly people have less instance of spreading sti's because we know the difference between sexual behavior and ethical behavior and safer sex practices.

    And now I'll be vacating this thread as well. You lot go on with your bad selves and those illusions you love so much. But goddamn it would be nice if people quit bringing them up as if they were true.
    Last edited by luckynumbah7; June 26th, 2015 at 02:06 AM.
    If I blow your mind, do you promise not to think in my mouth? - Unknown

  22. #22
    I've seen some weird shit luckynumbah7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    philadelphia
    Gender
    Transexual Male
    Orientation
    Bisexual
    Status
    Available
    Posts
    1,941

    Code of Conduct

    Re: STIs soaring in gay men

    Forgot the link detailing poly people having sex vs monogamous people cheating and sti infection.

    Here; there's two in case someone complains that one is from a pro polyamory blog.

    http://polyinthemedia.blogspot.com/2...ships-can.html

    https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog...-relationships

    And because I'm such a thorough human being, I'll point out that during a lifespan roughly 50% of people reported cheating. Personally, I'm willing to bet most of those were monogamous, at least going by the actual trends shown.
    Last edited by luckynumbah7; June 26th, 2015 at 02:28 AM.
    If I blow your mind, do you promise not to think in my mouth? - Unknown

  23. #23

    Re: STIs soaring in gay men

    The value of that link/page in post #21 is questionable.

    The 'article' shows no author, nor does it explain where the 'statistics' come from. There doesn't even seem to be anyone stepping up to claim ownership of the website.

    This is only one odd statistic/claim, as an example:
    12. Cheating is not the leading cause of divorce in the world today. Incompatibility is the #1 document reason, making communication the leading cause.
    Notice that it says 'document reason'. I'm sure most would go for the fastest and easiest way out. The [gov.] paperwork isn't really solid evidence.

    Added: Incompatibility doesn't necessarily mean poor communication, either.

    The commentary after the list is just opinion and not much use – particularly when we don't know who is giving it.

    Perhaps my browser and/or addons are hiding important information. ? ? ?

    I don't have time to look over the other links now. Both links include the word 'blog'. Are they really worth the time? I don't much care for blogs as most are just opinion pieces.
    Last edited by Kahaih; June 26th, 2015 at 03:04 AM.

  24. #24
    Are u haleloo ya ? Telstra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Australia
    Gender
    Male
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    31,193

    Code of Conduct

    Re: STIs soaring in gay men

    This thread is linked to my "most men don't clean the inside of their hole"
    Then they lick, therefore they get STD ...


    NEVER LISTEN TO A ONE SIDED STORY AND JUDGE.

  25. #25

    Re: STIs soaring in gay men

    Quote Originally Posted by xbuzzerx View Post
    I do find that to be a really sad commentary. If you anticipate a near certainty (or even a very very high probability) that a partner with whom you are committed likely will eventually cheat, I honestly think it's a question of the quality of people you're seeking out.

    Unless, that is, you buy into an idea that gay men are just inherently untrustworthy, promiscuous, and will cheat. Which so far as I know in any other discussion we all agree is a bigoted castigation.
    Im pretty sure the percentage of people cheating is higher than the percentage of a condom not working (not including a break).

    Nothing to do with being inherently untrustworthy. I'm just very confident in the effectiveness of condoms. They are going to work if used correctly.

  26. #26
    Ruminating
    sixthson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Married
    Posts
    12,244
    Blog Entries
    18

    Code of Conduct

    Re: STIs soaring in gay men

    Quote Originally Posted by LuckysRevenge View Post
    Im pretty sure the percentage of people cheating is higher than the percentage of a condom not working (not including a break).

    Nothing to do with being inherently untrustworthy. I'm just very confident in the effectiveness of condoms. They are going to work if used correctly.
    You can't conceive of ever trusting someone you love so much as to never need a condom?
    Everyone wants to be heard. No one wants to listen.

  27. #27
    PerScientiam AdJustitiam bankside's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Beware the deepity.
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Married (to a man)
    Posts
    17,716
    Blog Entries
    2

    Code of Conduct

    Re: STIs soaring in gay men

    Quote Originally Posted by sixthson View Post
    You can't conceive of ever trusting someone you love so much as to never need a condom?
    I'm sure it's a No, just that it is normal to put a condom on someone you don't trust and who you believe has a disease they could give you, so you can continue to fuck them anyway.

  28. #28

    Re: STIs soaring in gay men

    Quote Originally Posted by sixthson View Post
    You can't conceive of ever trusting someone you love so much as to never need a condom?
    Of course. But I also believe having a lot of sex partners (protected) isn't a higher risk of HIV than unprotected sex with one person.
    I'd be willing to risk that for someone I love and trust.

  29. #29
    I've seen some weird shit luckynumbah7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    philadelphia
    Gender
    Transexual Male
    Orientation
    Bisexual
    Status
    Available
    Posts
    1,941

    Code of Conduct

    Re: STIs soaring in gay men

    @Kaihah,

    Type in cheating statistics survey phd/gov then, because no one these days lets you read the paperwork for the statistics without first spending money. All you get is the results.


    This is only one odd statistic/claim, as an example:
    12. Cheating is not the leading cause of divorce in the world today. Incompatibility is the #1 document reason, making communication the leading cause.
    Notice that it says 'document reason'. I'm sure most would go for the fastest and easiest way out. The [gov.] paperwork isn't really solid evidence.


    You mean like how people, oh, lie because saying you've cheated is generally frowned upon? In other words, saying you've cheated isn't the easiest way out. Yes, I do think the numbers are probably higher in the cheating department than reported. Although it's damned odd that you complain about two links and then complain about the third citing the opposite reason (instead of having 'no documentation' the gov. documentation is suddenly the easiest way out?). It's more likely the gov documentation is more accurate so long as the survey wasn't face-to-face. I'm pretty sure it was anon, tbh. Which doesn't preclude a leeeetle bit o'fib telling, but less than usually goes on.

    God only knows why I'm reading. Generally not masochistic.
    Last edited by luckynumbah7; June 26th, 2015 at 02:07 PM.
    If I blow your mind, do you promise not to think in my mouth? - Unknown

  30. #30
    CE&P Secret Police xbuzzerx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Posts
    11,224

    Code of Conduct

    Re: STIs soaring in gay men

    Quote Originally Posted by luckynumbah7 View Post
    Or, you know, you could look at statistics instead of assuming only righteous, decent people are faithful.
    Take your medications please.

    http://healthresearchfunding.org/26-...ating-spouses/

    It's actually 33-60 percent of couples cheat,
    That's an enormous swing and the swing is entirely relevant to defending an accusation that "most" committed partners will cheat.

  31. #31
    I've seen some weird shit luckynumbah7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    philadelphia
    Gender
    Transexual Male
    Orientation
    Bisexual
    Status
    Available
    Posts
    1,941

    Code of Conduct

    Re: STIs soaring in gay men

    Quote Originally Posted by sixthson View Post
    You can't conceive of ever trusting someone you love so much as to never need a condom?
    People were perfectly fine claiming their condomless trust was based on facts up there without bothering to look look up any statistics whatsoever. Sti transmission is still pretending to be based on trust why? By all means, trust someone enough to ditch condoms, not arguing with that bit. I just it severely intellectually dishonest for a couple posters to pretend trust matters immensely in sti prevention.
    If I blow your mind, do you promise not to think in my mouth? - Unknown

  32. #32
    CE&P Secret Police xbuzzerx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Posts
    11,224

    Code of Conduct

    Re: STIs soaring in gay men

    Quote Originally Posted by LuckysRevenge View Post
    Im pretty sure the percentage of people cheating is higher than the percentage of a condom not working (not including a break).

    Nothing to do with being inherently untrustworthy. I'm just very confident in the effectiveness of condoms. They are going to work if used correctly.
    I'm sure that's true, given that proper condom use is supposed to be 99+% effective. But given that a very high majority of sexually active adults have had or will get an STD, proper condom use on a consistent basis is, at best, something that only a tiny minority do, or people go through phases of using and discarding.

  33. #33
    I've seen some weird shit luckynumbah7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    philadelphia
    Gender
    Transexual Male
    Orientation
    Bisexual
    Status
    Available
    Posts
    1,941

    Code of Conduct

    Re: STIs soaring in gay men

    I have, thanks for the faux concern.

    Fifty percent is over the lifetime, and good fucking luck getting the paper for that one. Even the lowest, 33%, isn't available without buying the paper.

    I'm waiting for your statistics that "So few people cheat that condomless, trusting sex with your partner is safer for sti transmission than condomed sex with strangers".

    I'm waiting.
    If I blow your mind, do you promise not to think in my mouth? - Unknown

  34. #34
    CE&P Secret Police xbuzzerx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Posts
    11,224

    Code of Conduct

    Re: STIs soaring in gay men

    Quote Originally Posted by luckynumbah7 View Post
    You mean like how people, oh, lie because saying you've cheated is generally frowned upon? In other words, saying you've cheated isn't the easiest way out. Yes, I do think the numbers are probably higher in the cheating department than reported. Although it's damned odd that you complain about two links and then complain about the third citing the opposite reason (instead of having 'no documentation' the gov. documentation is suddenly the easiest way out?). It's more likely the gov documentation is more accurate so long as the survey wasn't face-to-face. I'm pretty sure it was anon, tbh. Which doesn't preclude a leeeetle bit o'fib telling, but less than usually goes on.

    God only knows why I'm reading. Generally not masochistic.
    This bit of reasoning utterly ignores the number of people who cheat once a relationship is effectively over or highly dysfunctional and is continuing in name only. Many relationships survive a bout of cheating that happens once. Many others die for a variety of reasons and cheating was a symptom and not the disease. Cheating is also often a tool for passive aggressive or confrontation-phobic people who feel trapped in a domestic or marriage situation to "get out." It's also not uncommon to hear that cheating occurred after a couple had not had sex in a long period of time due to other problems in the relationship.

    It's definitely over the top to insinuate that "regardless of stats", all relationships with cheating end, and that most relationships which die do so because of a cheating factor. Neither is true.

  35. #35
    CE&P Secret Police xbuzzerx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Posts
    11,224

    Code of Conduct

    Re: STIs soaring in gay men

    Quote Originally Posted by luckynumbah7 View Post
    I have, thanks for the faux concern.

    Fifty percent is over the lifetime, and good fucking luck getting the paper for that one. Even the lowest, 33%, isn't available without buying the paper.

    I'm waiting for your statistics that "So few people cheat that condomless, trusting sex with your partner is safer for sti transmission than condomed sex with strangers".

    I'm waiting.
    Actually maybe we can return to the point instead of to your reactionary dramatism at whatever threat you perceive from people who engage in committed relationships and consider them to be good things.

    A statistical "probability" of at least once over a LIFETIME cannot possibly be held up as being an equal contribution to communal spread of STD's as a lifestyle of a different partner a day, every week, for years of your life. And let's not even pretend that there is a strong consistent pattern in casual hookups of always using proper protection.

    Apparently you expect to shame people out of acknowledging that but don't hold your breath.

  36. #36
    I've seen some weird shit luckynumbah7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    philadelphia
    Gender
    Transexual Male
    Orientation
    Bisexual
    Status
    Available
    Posts
    1,941

    Code of Conduct

    Re: STIs soaring in gay men

    Shame? No, but I do expect honesty. And I'm not getting it.

    Shame would be about you insisting that Banskides "'seven vs one" is accurate for sexual partners + condom use and sti transmission being higher, when it isn't.

    And I'm not pretending monogamous peoples' version of open relationships (which, ime, looks awfully familiar to a lot of people's version of monogamy) spreads less sti's.

    The comment was shearly for condom use + multiple partners vs one partner and no condom use + cheating statistics.

    Which was why I used specifically poly relationships since we're generally known for safer sex practices.
    Because I actually care about using accurate statistics.

    So, again. I'm waiting.

    *My bad, sentence structure is off. Banskide didn't mention condom use, in fact he specifically ignored it so he could pretend sti transmission rates were identical - you, however, did mention condom use, and still tred to claim it makes no difference/surely there can't be that many cheaters! (except statistics are self reported, so I'd say there's most likely more than admitted.)
    Last edited by luckynumbah7; June 26th, 2015 at 02:45 PM.
    If I blow your mind, do you promise not to think in my mouth? - Unknown

  37. #37
    CE&P Secret Police xbuzzerx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Posts
    11,224

    Code of Conduct

    Re: STIs soaring in gay men

    Quote Originally Posted by luckynumbah7 View Post
    Shame? No, but I do expect honesty. And I'm not getting it.
    What honesty are you looking for? I don't see anyone saying partnered couples can't cheat. I don't see anyone saying partnered couples can't possibly give each other STD's.

    What are you after?

    And I'm not pretending monogamous peoples' version of open relationships (which, ime, looks awfully familiar to a lot of people's version of monogamy) spreads less sti's.
    I'm curious how you think that somehow the act of calling something monogamous or not would change the risk differential of someone having 1 partner vs. someone having 7 different partners per week. Someone could create a grindr profile and describe himself as monogamous and looking for relationships, and proceed to sleep with 6000 different men in the space of three years. And that would clearly not be what we are talking about.

    "Unprotected with partner, vs. consistently protected with tons of partners" is a false choice when looking at broad STD statistics, since that's simply not the reality of the macro behaviors involved in the comparison. I don't know why someone would want to bloodhound on such a comparison for any reason other than attemping to advocate a false impression that committed behavior and enormously multi-partner behavior contribute equally to disease spread and disease risk.
    Last edited by xbuzzerx; June 26th, 2015 at 02:46 PM.

  38. #38
    Are u haleloo ya ? Telstra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Australia
    Gender
    Male
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    31,193

    Code of Conduct

    Re: STIs soaring in gay men

    I saw this poster in Sydney.
    I can't find the rest of the wordings, it is very direct to the ass/rimming lovers.



    NEVER LISTEN TO A ONE SIDED STORY AND JUDGE.

  39. #39

    Re: STIs soaring in gay men

    Quote Originally Posted by xbuzzerx View Post
    I'm sure that's true, given that proper condom use is supposed to be 99+% effective. But given that a very high majority of sexually active adults have had or will get an STD, proper condom use on a consistent basis is, at best, something that only a tiny minority do, or people go through phases of using and discarding.
    Well because STIs can be transmitted through unprotected oral sex. I'm talking specifically about HIV, which can be transmitted through oral sex but is rare.

  40. #40
    Porn Star Draven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Posts
    311

    Code of Conduct

    Re: STIs soaring in gay men

    Quote Originally Posted by Telstra View Post
    I saw this poster in Sydney.
    I can't find the rest of the wordings, it is very direct to the ass/rimming lovers.

    What the fuck is Shigella? Wasn't she on Rupaul's Drag Race
    gone was the glow of blue velvet....
    I live among the creatures of the night; I'm living in the forest of a dream

  41. #41
    PerScientiam AdJustitiam bankside's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Beware the deepity.
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Married (to a man)
    Posts
    17,716
    Blog Entries
    2

    Code of Conduct

    Re: STIs soaring in gay men

    Quote Originally Posted by luckynumbah7 View Post
    Shame? No, but I do expect honesty. And I'm not getting it.

    Shame would be about you insisting that Banskides "'seven vs one" is accurate for sexual partners + condom use and sti transmission being higher, when it isn't.

    And I'm not pretending monogamous peoples' version of open relationships (which, ime, looks awfully familiar to a lot of people's version of monogamy) spreads less sti's.

    The comment was shearly for condom use + multiple partners vs one partner and no condom use + cheating statistics.

    Which was why I used specifically poly relationships since we're generally known for safer sex practices.
    Because I actually care about using accurate statistics.

    So, again. I'm waiting.

    *My bad, sentence structure is off. Banskide didn't mention condom use, in fact he specifically ignored it so he could pretend sti transmission rates were identical - you, however, did mention condom use, and still tred to claim it makes no difference/surely there can't be that many cheaters! (except statistics are self reported, so I'd say there's most likely more than admitted.)
    How can I specifically mention condoms and yet you miss it. My whole point is that condoms are the wrong tool for the nature of the problem we're facing.

    Incidentally the pretence is that transmission potential is the same in hyper-sexual random hook-up culture as they are in even imperfect relationships.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | About JustUsBoys.com | Site Map | RSS | Webmasters | Advertise | Link to JUB | Report A Bug on this Page

Visit our sister sites: Broke Straight Boys | CollegeDudes.com | CollegeBoyPhysicals.com | RocketTube
All models appearing on JustUsBoys.com were over 18 at the time of photography. The records for sexually explicit images required by U.S. 2257 are kept by the
individual producers of the images. The location of the records is available by clicking the Custodian of Records link at the bottom of each gallery page.
© 2012 JustUsBoys.com. The JustUsBoys.com name and logo are registered trademarks. Labeled with ICRA and RTA. Member of ASACP and The Free Speech Coalition.