JustUsBoys.com gay porn forum

logo

Results 1 to 25 of 25
  1. #1

    American Sniper - A Review

    Finally saw this today. I actually had no interest whatsoever, but it's gotten such rave reviews, it was hard not to see it. In the end, I'm glad I went. It wasn't perfect but it made me think about a few things.

    I think the dichotomy between (lets for the sake of the argument call them) the war loving conservatives, and the anti-war hippies, is a deep one. But I don't think people who dislike this film, dislike it because its bad, or even because they hate war that much, but because they don't like the military.

    I think any (rational) person will admit sometimes war is inevitable and even necessary. But there is a certain ideology, however stereotypical, about military personnel that rubs some people the wrong way.

    The ideology of some of the people in the movie was simplistic. The father was a one-dimensional, upright, gun toting simpleton, that liked to give his kids a "whippin," if they didn't beat up bullies. Military guys are generally presented as arrogant potty mouth's with an ego the size of Texas. There was a reason Taya was hesitant to get involved with a seal, as that stigma is very real.

    Also, Chris Kyle did have a bit of a savior complex. I don't care if he had saved the whole world a million times over, he had a savior complex. He was unable to imagine anyone else taking Mustafa down, or even completing the job. He wasn't able to readjust to civilian life well at first, because he couldn't imagine his outfit surviving without him. Everyone coddles them for the hell they go through, and I agree it was hell, but I think the savior complex is also a pathology that should've been addressed more, mainly by his counselor.

    It may sound like I hate this film, but I give it 4 1/2 out of 5 stars. What I'm trying to say is, I think people look at the stereotypical character flaws of those in the military, and overlook what hell war is. While I think Chris Kyle had a savior complex, I also can understand how hard it would be to leave his buddies behind, while they were putting their life on the line, every day. That is something the movie made me think about, and I didn't expect it to.

    I still don't understand people that eat, breathe, and drink guns and war. Like my uncle who never was in the military at all. People who were in it, will tell you war is not glorious, it is hell. My uncle will pretty much watch nothing but war movies, and acts like his rifles are an extension of his penis...it's just a little excessive and unbalanced to me.

    I wasn't moved to tears or anything beyond by the movie, like some people were. I actually have a friend that tried to make me feel unpatriotic because I didn't. That really pissed me off actually, and it only feeds the fire of those who aren't already fans of those in arms.

    However I think hope this movie bridged the gap a little. It did a good job displaying the horrors of war in the middle east, and the difficulty of adjusting to normal life. I don't think I would've gone back for a 4th tour if I was Kyle. Call me selfish, or whatever you want, I'll call it: trusting in others to finish the job. The main character brings up a great point (paraphrase) "Do you want these mother fuckers showing up in San Diego or New York." He has a point because that is all some of them want, mass genocide, and I do think we owe a lot of thanks to those who keep such an evil at bay.

    I do wish the movie hadn't ended so abruptly, and had revealed more about why that disturbing looking vet
    Spoiler: (Highlight this box to see the hidden message.)
    killed
    Kyle, but it never did. Easy enough to look up on google, but I wished the movie had addressed it.

    Did any of you see it? Do you want to see it? What are your thoughts on the subject?
    *Badass on the internet - Momma's boy in real life!*

  2. #2
    Spirit Narrative MakeDigitalLove's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Voorhees
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Partnered
    Posts
    3,019

    Code of Conduct

    Re: American Sniper - A Review

    But I don't think people who dislike this film, dislike it because its bad, or even because they hate war that much, but because they don't like the military.
    I would say it has more to do with this:

    http://www.salon.com/2015/01/23/7_en...erica_partner/
    I got my demons, go get your own.

  3. #3
    Know thyself kallipolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Piraeus, Greece
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Partnered
    Posts
    11,793

    Code of Conduct

    Re: American Sniper - A Review

    Quote Originally Posted by MakeDigitalLove View Post
    I would say it has more to do with this:

    http://www.salon.com/2015/01/23/7_en...erica_partner/
    Highly informative article...worth reading....

  4. #4

    Re: American Sniper - A Review

    Quote Originally Posted by MakeDigitalLove View Post
    I would say it has more to do with this:

    http://www.salon.com/2015/01/23/7_en...erica_partner/
    Yeah...the first paragraph...

    1. The Film Suggests the Iraq War Was In Response To 9/11: One way to get audiences to unambiguously support Kyle’s actions in the film is to believe he’s there to avenge the 9/11 terrorist attacks. The movie cuts from Kyle watching footage of the attacks to him serving in Iraq, implying there is some link between the two.

    Never thought about it but I naturally avoid anything to do with the war that destablilized the Middle East and was based on a lie.

  5. #5
    Match in the gas tank..
    Taralen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Gender
    Male
    Status
    Open Relationship
    Posts
    695

    Code of Conduct

    Re: American Sniper - A Review

    No Chris Kyle is a racist asshole and I will not support this movie. Snipers are some of the most heartless people in the military and why in the hell would you take a suicidal friend to a gun range to cheer him up? Smh people these days. Pro gun and everything. Idiot.

    Bradley Cooper is fugly as sin not to mention.
    Glass Half Empty, Glass Half Full
    http://colorfulqueers.tumblr.com/

  6. #6
    Who in hell is Ada?
    gsdx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Peterborough Ontario
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    35,683
    Blog Entries
    26

    Code of Conduct

    Re: American Sniper - A Review

    Quote Originally Posted by MrPerfectMan View Post
    Easy enough to look up on google, but I wished the movie had addressed it.
    It did, in the credits, but who sticks around to read the credits?

    I won't be seeing the movie. I haven't been to see one in a theatre for decades. However, reading reports of the movie, I couldn't believe that Eastwood would make the actors perform with a doll.

  7. #7
    Are u haleloo ya ? Telstra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Australia
    Gender
    Male
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    30,366

    Code of Conduct

    Re: American Sniper - A Review

    Not interested in seeing it.
    Seeing the news footage is more than enough about war and the military.


    NEVER LISTEN TO A ONE SIDED STORY AND JUDGE.

  8. #8
    JUB Addict
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    NYC
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,563

    Code of Conduct

    Re: American Sniper - A Review

    I will catch it on cable---like Bradley Cooper a lot---he's doing Elephant man on Broadway and getting good reviews--he's trying to establish himself as a serious actor---as he studied acting extensively. I think I'm in the minority but not crazy about Clint Eastwood movies---they are okay ---but to read about his movies ---they always get over the top praise and I've never seen a perfect Eastwood film..

  9. #9
    Inactive
    star-warrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Home is where the heart is
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Bisexual
    Status
    Married
    Posts
    37,498
    Blog Entries
    9

    Code of Conduct

    Re: American Sniper - A Review

    If anything, the film is contentious. It is being reported that the viewers of the film has caused a rise of anti-Muslim feelings.

    http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...-10001258.html

    American Sniper, the film covering the life of an American Navy SEAL with the most confirmed “kills” during the course of his duty, has led to an increase in threats against Muslims in the US since its release, an Arab-American civil rights group has claimed.

    The American-Arab Anti-Discrimination Committee (ADC) has written to Eastwood and the film’s star, Bradley Cooper, claiming that “the majority of the violent threats we have seen over the past few days are the result of how Arabs and Muslims are depicted in American Sniper”...


  10. #10
    nf fbt funw glbhuof gmhp SLOPPYSECONDS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    13,084
    Blog Entries
    3

    Code of Conduct

    Re: American Sniper - A Review

    ooh dear

    thankyou
    silant dead"noooooo"tey mongus!"
    silant like how noses?"easy"-oooooooh-

  11. #11
    Spirit Narrative MakeDigitalLove's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Voorhees
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Partnered
    Posts
    3,019

    Code of Conduct

    Re: American Sniper - A Review

    Quote Originally Posted by nycguydowntown View Post
    they always get over the top praise and I've never seen a perfect Eastwood film..
    I don't think I have ever really seen a "perfect film" by anyone.
    I got my demons, go get your own.

  12. #12

    Re: American Sniper - A Review

    Quote Originally Posted by MakeDigitalLove View Post
    I don't think I have ever really seen a "perfect film" by anyone.
    I have..Angels in America was in my opinion the perfect film. When it was done I told my Bf that it kinda sucks because it will be all downhill here. I never expect to see a better film before I die.

    Of course...it is all subjective anyway

  13. #13

    Re: American Sniper - A Review

    Imo, Catching Fire is perfect, The Two Towers, X-Men: First Class...I'm sure more will come to me.
    *Badass on the internet - Momma's boy in real life!*

  14. #14
    JUB Addict
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    NYC
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,563

    Code of Conduct

    Re: American Sniper - A Review

    yeah imo there are plenty of perfect films out there----

  15. #15
    Spirit Narrative MakeDigitalLove's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Voorhees
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Partnered
    Posts
    3,019

    Code of Conduct

    Re: American Sniper - A Review

    Quote Originally Posted by nycguydowntown View Post
    yeah imo there are plenty of perfect films out there----
    Yes, subjectively. Just seemed like a weird criticism of him, that's all.
    I got my demons, go get your own.

  16. #16
    nf fbt funw glbhuof gmhp SLOPPYSECONDS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    13,084
    Blog Entries
    3

    Code of Conduct

    Re: American Sniper - A Review

    it a no ironic perfect film? or it anoda word wot a wots it?
    _buckat ice?-
    palase

    thnakyou

    moon pizza?
    !ooh!
    silant dead"noooooo"tey mongus!"
    silant like how noses?"easy"-oooooooh-

  17. #17
    Sex God xboxfan34's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    546

    Code of Conduct

    Re: American Sniper - A Review

    Tumblr's response to American Sniper just makes me hate SJWs even more. They can go and say how much Chris Kyle was a horrible person, how he was racist and enjoyed killing people just for the sake of killing people, but what really brings my piss to a boil is the fact that they have the nerve to think they're morally superior people while I have seen certain SJWs send threats of fucking DOXXING poeple they perceive as racist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist, etc.

    I'll never forget this one incident. There was someone on tumblr that was posting stuff about how American Sniper is no different than a Nazi propaganda film, how Chris Kyle was a savage murderer who took joy in killing and that if you liked the film or thought of Chris Kyle in a positive light, you're a horrible person. I decided to look at this person's tumblr blog and what I saw made me want to gag.
    This person was a fan of Blood On The Dance Floor, and I'm like "are you fucking kidding me?" If you don't know what Blood On The Dance Floor is, they're this absolutely horrible electronica/dubstep/emo group that has written the most cringeworthingly horrible songs I have ever heard in my life. That's not all, they're infamous for the fact that one of their lead singers, Dahvie Vanity has reportedly had sex with a multitude of underage fans. The hypocrisy with that just KILLS me, you have the audacity to label all people who don't hate Chris Kyle as terrible human beings, but you have no qualms about being a fan of someone who for all purposes, is a pedophile?
    Last edited by xboxfan34; January 27th, 2015 at 12:23 PM.

  18. #18

    Re: American Sniper - A Review

    Quote Originally Posted by xboxfan34 View Post
    Tumblr's response to American Sniper just makes me hate SJWs even more. They can go and say how much Chris Kyle was a horrible person, how he was racist and enjoyed killing people just for the sake of killing people, but what really brings my piss to a boil is the fact that they have the nerve to think they're morally superior people while I have seen certain SJWs send threats of fucking DOXXING poeple they perceive as racist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist, etc.

    I'll never forget this one incident. There was someone on tumblr that was posting stuff about how American Sniper is no different than a Nazi propaganda film, how Chris Kyle was a savage murderer who took joy in killing and that if you liked the film or thought of Chris Kyle in a positive light, you're a horrible person. I decided to look at this person's tumblr blog and what I saw made me want to gag.
    This person was a fan of Blood On The Dance Floor, and I'm like "are you fucking kidding me?" If you don't know what Blood On The Dance Floor is, they're this absolutely horrible electronica/dubstep/emo group that has written the most cringeworthingly horrible songs I have ever heard in my life. That's not all, they're infamous for the fact that one of their lead singers, Dahvie Vanity has reportedly had sex with a multitude of underage fans. The hypocrisy with that just KILLS me, you have the audacity to label all people who don't hate Chris Kyle as terrible human beings, but you have no qualms about being a fan of someone who for all purposes, is a pedophile?
    Yes I've also read that the articles trying to paint Kyle as a racist were a bit of a stretch. Kyle was a bit of a hick, and didn't use PC language, but he also wasn't into killing innocent civilians. He was simply raised that you gotta defend yourself from people who will run over you or worse, and not expect someone else to magically always be in the right place at the right time, for you. While he's a brute, in the worst case scenario, he's also right.
    *Badass on the internet - Momma's boy in real life!*

  19. #19
    Spirit Narrative MakeDigitalLove's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Voorhees
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Partnered
    Posts
    3,019

    Code of Conduct

    Re: American Sniper - A Review

    Quote Originally Posted by MrPerfectMan View Post
    Yes I've also read that the articles trying to paint Kyle as a racist were a bit of a stretch. Kyle was a bit of a hick, and didn't use PC language, but he also wasn't into killing innocent civilians. He was simply raised that you gotta defend yourself from people who will run over you or worse, and not expect someone else to magically always be in the right place at the right time, for you. While he's a brute, in the worst case scenario, he's also right.
    Really?

    You realize people are not actually painting him as anything more than what was stated in his own book by him? He bragged about killing looters in the aftermath of Katrina. Although that is a lie, who would make up that kind of lie to brag about? Someone who is sick in the head, especially since it isn't the only story he made up. The link I posted is not trying to paint him as anything more than what he painted himself to be and he was proud of it.

    Tumblr's response to American Sniper just makes me hate SJWs even more. They can go and say how much Chris Kyle was a horrible person, how he was racist and enjoyed killing people just for the sake of killing people, but what really brings my piss to a boil is the fact that they have the nerve to think they're morally superior people while I have seen certain SJWs send threats of fucking DOXXING poeple they perceive as racist, homophobic, transphobic, ableist, etc.
    You speak as if "SJWs" declare themselves as a specific group instead of a term created by individuals who insult people who care about social issues that they themselves don't like to see.

    I'll never forget this one incident. There was someone on tumblr that was posting stuff about how American Sniper is no different than a Nazi propaganda film, how Chris Kyle was a savage murderer who took joy in killing and that if you liked the film or thought of Chris Kyle in a positive light, you're a horrible person. I decided to look at this person's tumblr blog and what I saw made me want to gag.
    This person was a fan of Blood On The Dance Floor, and I'm like "are you fucking kidding me?" If you don't know what Blood On The Dance Floor is, they're this absolutely horrible electronica/dubstep/emo group that has written the most cringeworthingly horrible songs I have ever heard in my life. That's not all, they're infamous for the fact that one of their lead singers, Dahvie Vanity has reportedly had sex with a multitude of underage fans. The hypocrisy with that just KILLS me, you have the audacity to label all people who don't hate Chris Kyle as terrible human beings, but you have no qualms about being a fan of someone who for all purposes, is a pedophile?
    So you're saying that this person is a hypocrite because they like a band you don't like and are assuming they condone pedophilia just because a band member might have been a pedophile? Is that really your argument here?
    Last edited by MakeDigitalLove; January 27th, 2015 at 01:09 PM.
    I got my demons, go get your own.

  20. #20
    Sex God xboxfan34's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    546

    Code of Conduct

    Re: American Sniper - A Review

    Quote Originally Posted by MakeDigitalLove View Post
    Really?

    You realize people are not actually painting him as anything more than what was stated in his own book by him? He bragged about killing looters in the aftermath of Katrina. Although that is a lie, who would make up that kind of lie to brag about? Someone who is sick in the head, especially since it isn't the only story he made up. The link I posted is not trying to paint him as anything more than what he painted himself to be and he was proud of it.



    You speak as if "SJWs" declare themselves as a specific group instead of a term created by individuals who insult people who care about social issues that they themselves don't like to see.



    So you're saying that this person is a hypocrite because they like a band you don't like and are assuming they condone pedophilia just because a band member might have been a pedophile? Is that really your argument here?
    I didn't know Chris Kyle personally, so there is no way I could know if he really was a racist or a horrible person. I think that what both sides say should be taken with a grain of salt. Do I believe he actually killed looters during Hurricane Katrina and was never convicted? No, I personally believe that story is bullshit.

    And when it comes to the BOTDF/Dahvie Vanity thing, I'm sorry but I do believe there is some hypocrisy in the fact that this individual thinks Chris Kyle is a horrible human being yet is a huge fan of someone who has had sex with multiple underage girls, sexually harasses female fans, and writes horrible things about other people on the internet and bullies people in real life.

  21. #21
    Spirit Narrative MakeDigitalLove's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Voorhees
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Partnered
    Posts
    3,019

    Code of Conduct

    Re: American Sniper - A Review

    Quote Originally Posted by xboxfan34 View Post
    I didn't know Chris Kyle personally, so there is no way I could know if he really was a racist or a horrible person. I think that what both sides say should be taken with a grain of salt. Do I believe he actually killed looters during Hurricane Katrina and was never convicted? No, I personally believe that story is bullshit.
    He was a racist, it is known based on his own book that he wrote. The Katrina Story is bullshit, but it is a story he made up himself and bragged about it as if that is something to brag about. This is in his book and is in the link I provided above. This is not made up by people just because they didn't like the movie or Chris Kyle. This set people off because it portrayed the individual as someone who had remorse for what he did, when in reality he did not and said it was fun killing what he saw as savages. This man was a psychopath and there is proof of that.

    And when it comes to the BOTDF/Dahvie Vanity thing, I'm sorry but I do believe there is some hypocrisy in the fact that this individual thinks Chris Kyle is a horrible human being yet is a huge fan of someone who has had sex with multiple underage girls, sexually harasses female fans, and writes horrible things about other people on the internet and bullies people in real life.
    You're assuming that because the person is a fan of the band, they condone the actions of the individual in the band. It is only hypocritical if they do condone it, but there is no evidence to suggest so outside of them liking the band which is a stretch to say so. Especially when that person is not here to defend themselves. And unless you have spoken to this person about the hypocritical issue I don't see how you can say that they condone what this guy did to people.
    I got my demons, go get your own.

  22. #22
    JUB Addict RaKroma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The Zoo with NYU
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,708

    Code of Conduct

    Re: American Sniper - A Review

    Quote Originally Posted by Taralen View Post
    Snipers are some of the most heartless people in the military.
    You based that view on what exactly? How many actual snipers have you ever met in your life or service members with other military job titles to compare which fields produce most "heartless" soldiers? BTW, Dr. Ruth Weistheimer was a trained sniper too.

  23. #23
    Match in the gas tank..
    Taralen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Gender
    Male
    Status
    Open Relationship
    Posts
    695

    Code of Conduct

    Re: American Sniper - A Review

    Quote Originally Posted by RaKroma View Post
    You based that view on what exactly? How many actual snipers have you ever met in your life or service members with other military job titles to compare which fields produce most "heartless" soldiers? BTW, Dr. Ruth Weistheimer was a trained sniper too.
    Just from what I heard. They are just some of the more trigger happy people.
    Glass Half Empty, Glass Half Full
    http://colorfulqueers.tumblr.com/

  24. #24

    Re: American Sniper - A Review

    Quote Originally Posted by Taralen View Post
    Just from what I heard. They are just some of the more trigger happy people.
    Don't believe everything you hear. Behind every uniform is a living beating heart, good or bad. Every person in the military is trained to kill. Otherwise why would we even need them? I served for 8 years and have seen it all, good, bad, and ugly.

  25. #25

    Re: American Sniper - A Review

    I would be disappointed if this pulled an upset tonight.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | About JustUsBoys.com | Site Map | RSS | Webmasters | Advertise | Link to JUB | Report A Bug on this Page

Visit our sister sites: Broke Straight Boys | CollegeDudes.com | CollegeBoyPhysicals.com | RocketTube
All models appearing on JustUsBoys.com were over 18 at the time of photography. The records for sexually explicit images required by U.S. 2257 are kept by the
individual producers of the images. The location of the records is available by clicking the Custodian of Records link at the bottom of each gallery page.
© 2012 JustUsBoys.com. The JustUsBoys.com name and logo are registered trademarks. Labeled with ICRA and RTA. Member of ASACP and The Free Speech Coalition.