JustUsBoys.com gay porn forum

logo

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 50 of 58
  1. #1
    Virgin LutheranGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Portland
    Gender
    Male
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    40

    Code of Conduct

    Eric Garner Grand Jury Results

    NYPD Officer Daniel Pantaleo was not indicted yesterday after placing 43 year old Eric Garner in what appeared to be an excessive force chokehold during an arrest on July 17 that lead to his death. What do you take away from the story?
    "Give us true knowledge of other people in their differences from us and in their likenesses to us, patiently considering their varied lives and thoughts and circumstances." ( ~ George Ridding 1828)

  2. #2
    Are u haleloo ya ? Telstra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Australia
    Gender
    Male
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    29,609

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Eric Garner Grand Jury Results

    According to the video,
    there were so many police men there and couldn't calm down 1 man is stupid.
    The police were clearly in the wrong for using unnecessary force.


    NEVER LISTEN TO A ONE SIDED STORY AND JUDGE.

  3. #3

    Re: Eric Garner Grand Jury Results

    Garner was using unnecessary force to resist. Surrounded by cops he refused to calm down, obviously giving the impression he was desperate not to stopped.
    Legally, even if the police were wrong to stop, the individual does not have the right to resist with force.
    Last edited by Benvolio; December 4th, 2014 at 01:01 PM.

  4. #4
    Are u haleloo ya ? Telstra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Australia
    Gender
    Male
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    29,609

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Eric Garner Grand Jury Results

    He did NOT resist.
    Saw how fat he was? He couldn't run far.


    NEVER LISTEN TO A ONE SIDED STORY AND JUDGE.

  5. #5

    Re: Eric Garner Grand Jury Results

    He was throwing his arms about and pushing aside attempts to touch him. On the ground, he continued to struggle. In any even, this is a major part of what the grand jury decided: did he resist and did his resistance cause or contribute to his death?

  6. #6
    Are u haleloo ya ? Telstra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Australia
    Gender
    Male
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    29,609

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Eric Garner Grand Jury Results

    He couldn't breathe. What else can he do ?
    Maybe you should try it out with a group of policemen doing that to you and we can see you in heaven.


    NEVER LISTEN TO A ONE SIDED STORY AND JUDGE.

  7. #7

    Re: Eric Garner Grand Jury Results

    I do not necessarily disagree with you. Perhaps the police and grand jury felt that his protestations belied his lack of breath.

  8. #8
    JUB Addict
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    NYC
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,264

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Eric Garner Grand Jury Results

    It's a complicated tragedy. He was arrested 34 times before for a stupid crime. They need to ban the choke hold. And what is really bad is how they handled the situation after they got him on the ground. The dumb bitch EMT didn't do enough to find out if he was going into cardiac arrest. The whole thing is a tragedy---but for me it says never resist arrest and no matter how big a douche bag a cop is--go along with it because cops are practically never indicted and they always say they felt in danger and had to use deadly force.

  9. #9
    NiceGuywithBigDick
    Guest

    Re: Eric Garner Grand Jury Results

    Selling individual cigarettes is a ticketable offense, which incurs a fine, not an arrest. They had no legitimate reason to even touch him.

  10. #10

    Re: Eric Garner Grand Jury Results

    Didn't Clive Bundy also resisted authorities from taking federal land? And the right worshipped him as a hero.

  11. #11
    of the 99%
    Just_Believe18's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    9,213

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Eric Garner Grand Jury Results

    Hi, Benvolio. You may have missed the memo, but even Republicans are calling foul on this one. Here's Bill O'Reilly even stating that Eric Garner did not deserve what happened to him.




    This is a terrible injustice. Eric Garner was murdered out of prejudice for being a big, black man for selling cigarettes on the street.
    Last edited by Just_Believe18; December 4th, 2014 at 06:42 PM.
    #439th oldest member on JUB.

  12. #12
    Once Again Given Flesh. MoufOfKhaos's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Posts
    9,561
    Blog Entries
    1

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Eric Garner Grand Jury Results

    Quote Originally Posted by nycguydowntown View Post
    It's a complicated tragedy. He was arrested 34 times before for a stupid crime. They need to ban the choke hold. And what is really bad is how they handled the situation after they got him on the ground. The dumb bitch EMT didn't do enough to find out if he was going into cardiac arrest. The whole thing is a tragedy---but for me it says never resist arrest and no matter how big a douche bag a cop is--go along with it because cops are practically never indicted and they always say they felt in danger and had to use deadly force.
    They DID ban the choke hold - one of the reasons the death was ruled a homicide. Which makes the verdict from the grand jury all the more shocking.
    "As anarchism rears its face,

    They are answered by an iron fist..."

  13. #13

    Re: Eric Garner Grand Jury Results

    Quote Originally Posted by Just_Believe18 View Post
    Hi, Benvolio. You may have missed the memo, but even Republicans are calling foul on this one. Here's Bill O'Reilly even stating that Eric Garner did not deserve what happened to him.

    [youtube]J8pFXadLu8c[/youtube

    This is a terrible injustice. Eric Garner was murdered out of prejudice for being a big, black man for selling cigarettes on the street.
    Look again. I said I did not necessarily disagree. But muder is too strong a word.

  14. #14
    JUB Addict
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Amsterdam
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Widower
    Posts
    9,870

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Eric Garner Grand Jury Results

    Eric Garner was a 6'3" feet tall man weighing 350 pounds. I have no doubt that his morbid obesity is largely to blame for his untimely demise.

  15. #15

    Re: Eric Garner Grand Jury Results

    Quote Originally Posted by MoufOfKhaos View Post
    They DID ban the choke hold - one of the reasons the death was ruled a homicide. Which makes the verdict from the grand jury all the more shocking.
    Homicide is the killing of one person by another, and is not necessarily a crime. Self defense is homicide, and some homicides are justifiable. Violation of the chock hold rule is not a crime in itself, but would be some evidence if excessive force.

  16. #16
    JUB Addict
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    NYC
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,264

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Eric Garner Grand Jury Results

    Quote Originally Posted by MoufOfKhaos View Post
    They DID ban the choke hold - one of the reasons the death was ruled a homicide. Which makes the verdict from the grand jury all the more shocking.
    It's more complicated--it's banned but not illegal---there was a whole thing on NPR last night about it. It's a whole legalese double talk.
    And he convinced the grand jury it wasn't a choke hold---which is why don't argue with a cop---they got you by the balls.
    Last edited by nycguydowntown; December 4th, 2014 at 10:00 PM.

  17. #17
    JUB Addict hotatlboi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Atlanta
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    7,945

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Eric Garner Grand Jury Results

    Quote Originally Posted by Harke the Boeotarch View Post
    Eric Garner was a 6'3" feet tall man weighing 350 pounds. I have no doubt that his morbid obesity is largely to blame for his untimely demise.
    Very true but its not a crime to be morbidly obese nor should it permit the police to use illegitimate tactics they would otherwise be prevented from using.

  18. #18
    Thankfully Liberal & Gay
    frankfrank's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Illinois (Agent Provocateur and Refujiunderground you can do it)
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    15,688
    Blog Entries
    5

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Eric Garner Grand Jury Results

    Again, just as with Michael Brown in Ferguson, I think their real intentions - THIS GUY **HAS TO** BE KILLED! - were proven by them just letting him lie there, even with the presence of people qualified to give CPR. Somebody in the later video even asks WHY nobody is giving Garner CPR.

    The video shows all the people there being entirely nonchalant, no different than if somebody got a flat tire from running over a broken beer bottle. It is obvious that they did NOT want him to live. Almost surely he could have survived with any ordinary amount of emergency medical care, but nobody chose to even TRY.

    After all, failing to collect taxes on cigarettes is the most horrific and inexcusable crime ever, and the only justified remedy is death. Failing to pay those extremely important taxes, definitely needed to uphold and guarantee the continued existence of human civilization, cannot be tolerated. It is FAR worse than BoA, etc., stealing people's retirements and houses - OBVIOUSLY - because those people weren't given the death penalty, nor even sent to jail or prison.

    Police have a license to kill, no matter what.
    BOSS: I'm sorry, but I'll have to lay you and Jack off.
    SUE: Can you just jack off? I feel like shit today.

    Things that come to those who wait, are often left over from whoever got there first. (source: pharmaceutical spam 2007)

    "I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do, because I notice it always coincides with their own desires" - Susan B. Anthony

  19. #19

    Re: Eric Garner Grand Jury Results

    I very much doubt that they intended to kill. Who would have guessed that such a big guy would be so fragile? I have often wondered if I would be willing to give CPR if the actual need arose.It is easy to say "I would have done it." But, it is repulsive and it would be easy to stand around and wait for someone else to do it. It would not be easy to give CPR to a 6'3 400 lb guy.

  20. #20
    JUB Addict CoolBlue71's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    State of Michigan
    Posts
    1,958

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Eric Garner Grand Jury Results

    Quote Originally Posted by harke the boeotarch View Post
    eric garner was a 6'3" feet tall man weighing 350 pounds. I have no doubt that his morbid obesity is largely to blame for his untimely demise.
    ^ failed post ^

  21. #21
    JUB Addict CoolBlue71's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    State of Michigan
    Posts
    1,958

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Eric Garner Grand Jury Results

    Quote Originally Posted by frankfrank View Post
    Again, just as with Michael Brown in Ferguson, I think their real intentions - THIS GUY **HAS TO** BE KILLED! - were proven by them just letting him lie there, even with the presence of people qualified to give CPR. Somebody in the later video even asks WHY nobody is giving Garner CPR.

    The video shows all the people there being entirely nonchalant, no different than if somebody got a flat tire from running over a broken beer bottle. It is obvious that they did NOT want him to live. Almost surely he could have survived with any ordinary amount of emergency medical care, but nobody chose to even TRY.

    After all, failing to collect taxes on cigarettes is the most horrific and inexcusable crime ever, and the only justified remedy is death. Failing to pay those extremely important taxes, definitely needed to uphold and guarantee the continued existence of human civilization, cannot be tolerated. It is FAR worse than BoA, etc., stealing people's retirements and houses - OBVIOUSLY - because those people weren't given the death penalty, nor even sent to jail or prison.

    Police have a license to kill, no matter what.

    Less sociopaths are needed for being among Law and Order.

  22. #22
    JUB Addict
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Amsterdam
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Widower
    Posts
    9,870

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Eric Garner Grand Jury Results

    Quote Originally Posted by CoolBlue71 View Post
    ^ failed post ^
    ^ failed life ...of Eric Garner^

  23. #23
    Execuvette Rolyo85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Boystown, Chicago
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    8,930

    Code of Conduct
    Quote Originally Posted by Benvolio View Post
    I very much doubt that they intended to kill. Who would have guessed that such a big guy would be so fragile? I have often wondered if I would be willing to give CPR if the actual need arose.It is easy to say "I would have done it." But, it is repulsive and it would be easy to stand around and wait for someone else to do it. It would not be easy to give CPR to a 6'3 400 lb guy.
    Lol what adorable blatant racism.
    That we are capable only of being what we are, remains our unforgivable sin.
    - Gene Wolfe

  24. #24
    I can't breathe. chrisrobin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    8,425

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Eric Garner Grand Jury Results

    Quote Originally Posted by Benvolio View Post
    I very much doubt that they intended to kill. Who would have guessed that such a big guy would be so fragile? I have often wondered if I would be willing to give CPR if the actual need arose.It is easy to say "I would have done it." But, it is repulsive and it would be easy to stand around and wait for someone else to do it. It would not be easy to give CPR to a 6'3 400 lb guy.
    I very much doubt that they intended to kill.
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions.

    But, it is repulsive and it would be easy to stand around and wait for someone else to do it.
    Google EMP.

    Call 911. I learned that at Boy Scout camp. It's an old Indian trick.

    [Linked Image: Removed]
    Last edited by opinterph; December 6th, 2014 at 04:47 PM. Reason: removed linked image; appears u/a

    ...with history the final judge of our deeds. - JFK

  25. #25

    Re: Eric Garner Grand Jury Results

    Quote Originally Posted by chrisrobin View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions.


    Google EMP.

    Call 911. I learned that at Boy Scout camp. It's an old Indian trick.

    [Linked Image: Removed]
    That is the problem, not the solution. If he has stopped breathing, he will die if you rely on 911 responders. 5 minutes is about the maximum. On the other hand, it would not be easy to give CPR to a man that big. And if you do it wrong you will probably get sued.
    Last edited by opinterph; December 6th, 2014 at 04:46 PM. Reason: removed content quoted from another poster

  26. #26
    JUB Addict CoolBlue71's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    State of Michigan
    Posts
    1,958

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Eric Garner Grand Jury Results

    Quote Originally Posted by Harke the Boeotarch View Post
    ^ failed life ...of Eric Garner^
    ^ A second failed post from you ... so quickly.

    How shocking! ^

  27. #27
    Thankfully Liberal & Gay
    frankfrank's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Illinois (Agent Provocateur and Refujiunderground you can do it)
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    15,688
    Blog Entries
    5

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Eric Garner Grand Jury Results

    Quote Originally Posted by Benvolio View Post
    CPR...And if you do it wrong you will probably get sued.
    Well yes...there's that. I've heard of that happening before.
    BOSS: I'm sorry, but I'll have to lay you and Jack off.
    SUE: Can you just jack off? I feel like shit today.

    Things that come to those who wait, are often left over from whoever got there first. (source: pharmaceutical spam 2007)

    "I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do, because I notice it always coincides with their own desires" - Susan B. Anthony

  28. #28
    JUB Addict luckynumbah7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    philadelphia
    Gender
    Transexual Male
    Orientation
    Bisexual
    Status
    Available
    Posts
    1,246

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Eric Garner Grand Jury Results

    Quote Originally Posted by Harke the Boeotarch View Post
    Eric Garner was a 6'3" feet tall man weighing 350 pounds. I have no doubt that his morbid obesity is largely to blame for his untimely demise.
    I would consider the illegal use of a chokehold so the poor bastard couldn't breath as the reason for his untimely demise.
    If I blow your mind, do you promise not to think in my mouth? - Unknown

  29. #29
    JUB Addict luckynumbah7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    philadelphia
    Gender
    Transexual Male
    Orientation
    Bisexual
    Status
    Available
    Posts
    1,246

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Eric Garner Grand Jury Results

    Quote Originally Posted by frankfrank View Post
    Well yes...there's that. I've heard of that happening before.
    Getting certified in cpr and the heimlich maneuver isn't difficult. I've done the cert twice before (because yes, they do expire). It's also damned cheap.
    If I blow your mind, do you promise not to think in my mouth? - Unknown

  30. #30
    I can't breathe. chrisrobin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    8,425

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Eric Garner Grand Jury Results

    Quote Originally Posted by luckynumbah7 View Post
    Getting certified in cpr and the heimlich maneuver isn't difficult. I've done the cert twice before (because yes, they do expire). It's also damned cheap.
    Good on you.

    The rate of deaths due to heart attacks is conspicuously lower in Seattle. CPR and others are offered free. Your chances of surviving a heart attack there are much greater.

    ...with history the final judge of our deeds. - JFK

  31. #31
    Reunited
    medic1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Edinburgh Scotland
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Married (to a man)
    Posts
    7,880
    Blog Entries
    12

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Eric Garner Grand Jury Results

    This incident is headline news here as well, i have watched the video. It plainly shows a police officer engaging an illegal choke-hold on that man. Yes he was very tall and large, but given the fact that there were numerous police present other methods of control could easily have been deployed.

  32. #32

    Re: Eric Garner Grand Jury Results

    The hold was not illegal, only a violation of rules. And, they had no way of knowing he was so fragile. It is easy to say, with hindsight, that something else should have been done. We would all agree, including, I suspect,the cops.

  33. #33
    JUB Addict T-Rexx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    4,897

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Eric Garner Grand Jury Results

    Another white cop killed another black man because the cop was afraid. Afraid not for his life, but for the possibility of successful resistance of his authority by a black man.

    Racism is very, very much alive and well in America.

    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails bor141126.gif  

  34. #34
    Reunited
    medic1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Edinburgh Scotland
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Married (to a man)
    Posts
    7,880
    Blog Entries
    12

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Eric Garner Grand Jury Results

    Quote Originally Posted by Benvolio View Post
    The hold was not illegal, only a violation of rules. And, they had no way of knowing he was so fragile. It is easy to say, with hindsight, that something else should have been done. We would all agree, including, I suspect,the cops.
    Then why has that particular hold been outlawed by that police dept?

    As for knowing "he was so fragile", the man was pleading that he could not breath. Yes, i am sure that particular officer is now wishing for a dose of "hindsight". If he was such a danger for selling un-taxed ciggies, then instead of choking him to death. Why not Tazer him. Even when he was on the ground the officer was still being filmed choking him, even after other officers were on top of him. Overkill? Hell yes literally!!

  35. #35

    Re: Eric Garner Grand Jury Results

    Quote Originally Posted by medic1 View Post
    Then why has that particular hold been outlawed by that police dept?

    As for knowing "he was so fragile", the man was pleading that he could not breath. Yes, i am sure that particular officer is now wishing for a dose of "hindsight". If he was such a danger for selling un-taxed ciggies, then instead of choking him to death. Why not Tazer him. Even when he was on the ground the officer was still being filmed choking him, even after other officers were on top of him. Overkill? Hell yes literally!!
    How can he keep shouting, if he can't breath? With his bad health, would a tazer induce a heart attack? Even hind sight cannot give us all the answers.

  36. #36
    JUB Addict CoolBlue71's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    State of Michigan
    Posts
    1,958

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Eric Garner Grand Jury Results

    Quote Originally Posted by Benvolio View Post
    How can he keep shouting, if he can't breath? With his bad health, would a tazer induce a heart attack? Even hind sight cannot give us all the answers.
    Are you telling us you support the killing of Eric Garner?

  37. #37

    Re: Eric Garner Grand Jury Results

    Quote Originally Posted by CoolBlue71 View Post
    Are you telling us you support the killing of Eric Garner?
    No one supports the killing. But I tend to agree with the grand jury that there is no probable cause to prosecute. But I see it as a close case.

  38. #38
    Reunited
    medic1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Edinburgh Scotland
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Married (to a man)
    Posts
    7,880
    Blog Entries
    12

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Eric Garner Grand Jury Results

    Quote Originally Posted by Benvolio View Post
    How can he keep shouting, if he can't breath? With his bad health, would a tazer induce a heart attack? Even hind sight cannot give us all the answers.
    Just where in my post did i mention shouting? But you carry on chasing your tail...

  39. #39

    Re: Eric Garner Grand Jury Results

    The issue that led to the murder was not properly kowtowing to yet another killer cop, an offence demanding immediate execution lest America lose its freedoms. The logic is inescapable.

    In the view of New York's police union — and, no doubt, a significant percentage of street-level police officers in this country — if you can suck enough air into your lungs to gasp out that you cannot breathe, then you must be able to breathe, and therefore you're lying, and therefore there is no reason to release the chokehold.

    Conversely, of course, if you actually cannot breathe, you wouldn't be able to speak at all, and therefore you'd be unable to communicate that to the policeman choking you, so how is that policeman supposed to realize he should stop?

    Either way, by this piece of street-cop logic, it's not the policeman's fault. It's yours. And either way, you may very well wind up dead, which is also your fault. . . .

    . . . Police tend to hold the view that citizens have no right to resist, no matter how unfairly they're being treated, and no matter how abusively police might be wielding their considerable powers.

    Try to protect yourself from a police beating, and you'll only be beaten more severely, and likely charged with assaulting your assaulter. . . .
    Last edited by Keeland; December 8th, 2014 at 10:24 AM.

  40. #40

    Re: Eric Garner Grand Jury Results

    Quote Originally Posted by medic1 View Post
    Just where in my post did i mention shouting? But you carry on chasing your tail...
    Wher did I say that you said he was shouting? Listen to the tape yourself. It seems to me he was shouting, and others have counted 11 times.
    Last edited by Benvolio; December 8th, 2014 at 11:27 AM.

  41. #41

    Re: Eric Garner Grand Jury Results

    Quote Originally Posted by Keeland View Post
    The issue that led to the murder was not properly kowtowing to yet another killer cop, an offence demanding immediate execution lest America lose its freedoms. The logic is inescapable.
    You invented that. It is a crime to resist arrest.

  42. #42
    I can't breathe. chrisrobin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    8,425

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Eric Garner Grand Jury Results

    Quote Originally Posted by Benvolio View Post
    You invented that. It is a crime to resist arrest.
    Is it a crime punishable by death?

    ...with history the final judge of our deeds. - JFK

  43. #43
    Reunited
    medic1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Edinburgh Scotland
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Married (to a man)
    Posts
    7,880
    Blog Entries
    12

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Eric Garner Grand Jury Results

    ^It is also a crime to murder, brain of JUB. Would your reaction be the same if it was a white man being choked to death by a black officer? Whilst your fellow black officers were piling on top of the guy.

    For post 41.

  44. #44
    JUB Addict vulgar_newcomer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    St. Petersburg
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    2,794

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Eric Garner Grand Jury Results

    Garner should have surrendered to the arrest, but what happened to him I believe was criminal. The police had the testosterone flowing and once that happens like with a pack of dogs there is no going back. Its just like what commonly happens in car chases. The cops get fired off chasing a stolen car and innocent people on the road get killed by the wreck less actions in the pursuit, all for a stolen car. That is why many communities have laws against pursuits.
    Perhaps in cases like this, the merit of the violation should have been handled later instead of the escalation. The 6-4" , 350 + lb Garner was known to the police. The police could have returned later or to his home and issued him a summons or arrest him for selling single untaxed smokes. This was not violent felon they were taking down caught in the act threatening the safety of the area.

  45. #45

    Re: Eric Garner Grand Jury Results

    Again, you are viewing it with hindsight which the police did not have. Police have a duty to arrest people for crimes and wrestling with big criminals is not uncommon possibly a daily ocurrence. But, when a person resists arrest, there is always the chance that either he or a cop will be injured, particularly if the criminal is in fragile health. There is no reason to believe waiting to arrest at a different time would have bee any different. Your suggestion of a different time is entirely based on your knowledge that thiis particular time did not work out well. If police back away in the face of violent resistance, it encourages criminals to resist arrest.
    If black cops had injured a white man, or black criminals a white cop, as often happens, we would probably never hear of it.

  46. #46

    Re: Eric Garner Grand Jury Results

    The grand jury did not indict because the DA did not want the grand jury to indict. There is an inherent conflict of interest in having DA's investigate and prosecute police misconduct cases. Cases of potential criminal cases against police officers should be handled by special prosecutors, not DAs. DAs rely on police officers to do their work. Prosecutors cannot prosecute without the police.

    It is being reported locally here in NYC that the DA omitted a lesser offense in his presentation to the grand jury, reckless endangerment. The chokehold is banned by the NYPD because it can lead to death. If nothing else, the reckless endangerment case would be a slam dunk indictment for the DA to obtain if he wanted to. The DA obviously wanted to make sure this cop wasn't prosecuted for anything. It's a disgrace.

    New York City has also had to pay out lots of money to settle three lawsuits brought against the city where the cop who killed Eric Garner was accused of committing civil rights violations against blacks he arrested. Most cops are not involved in any lawsuits. This man should not be a police officer.

    The DA will probably lose his next election. He's a Democrat in the most Republican boro of NY. He cannot win election without the support of blacks, Latinos and progressives. Indeed, I suspect he will have a primary opponent. If he doesn't, a progressive will run against him on one of the other lines. He'll only win if the police union convinces all its Republican members to vote for the DA.

  47. #47

    Re: Eric Garner Grand Jury Results

    You are probably right,but grand jury members may not be sympathetic with criminals who resist arrest, and more sympathetic with cops who have to wrestle with 350 lb criminals.
    I have wondered what the grand jury was told about the wording of the chock-hold rule and any exceptions.

  48. #48

    Re: Eric Garner Grand Jury Results

    Quote Originally Posted by Benvolio View Post
    You are probably right,but grand jury members may not be sympathetic with criminals who resist arrest, and more sympathetic with cops who have to wrestle with 350 lb criminals.
    I have wondered what the grand jury was told about the wording of the chock-hold rule and any exceptions.
    I heard, but have been unable to confirm, that they were not told choke hold's are impermissible under NYPD regulations.

  49. #49
    I can't breathe. chrisrobin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    8,425

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Eric Garner Grand Jury Results

    Quote Originally Posted by Benvolio View Post
    That is the problem, not the solution. If he has stopped breathing, he will die if you rely on 911 responders. 5 minutes is about the maximum. On the other hand, it would not be easy to give CPR to a man that big. And if you do it wrong you will probably get sued.
    And if you do it wrong you will probably get sued.
    You're not really a lawyer, are you? In my universe, we have the "Good Samaritan Law". If someone administers some life-saving technique...CPR, Heimlich, etc., he not responsible if the victim dies.


    ...with history the final judge of our deeds. - JFK

  50. #50

    Re: Eric Garner Grand Jury Results

    Quote Originally Posted by chrisrobin View Post
    You're not really a lawyer, are you? In my universe, we have the "Good Samaritan Law". If someone administers some life-saving technique...CPR, Heimlich, etc., he not responsible if the victim dies.

    Yes, I am a lawyer. Not all states have good samaritan laws. At the common law, you are not obligated to intervene to save someone. But if you try and are "negligent", you can be held liable civilly for injuries.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | About JustUsBoys.com | Site Map | RSS | Webmasters | Advertise | Link to JUB | Report A Bug on this Page

Visit our sister sites: Broke Straight Boys | CollegeDudes.com | CollegeBoyPhysicals.com | RocketTube
All models appearing on JustUsBoys.com were over 18 at the time of photography. The records for sexually explicit images required by U.S. 2257 are kept by the
individual producers of the images. The location of the records is available by clicking the Custodian of Records link at the bottom of each gallery page.
© 2012 JustUsBoys.com. The JustUsBoys.com name and logo are registered trademarks. Labeled with ICRA and RTA. Member of ASACP and The Free Speech Coalition.