To me it is and the reasons -
- The main character is an average (or arguably less than average) looking man. In majority of gay films/series they always use an attractive guy as the protagonist or the lead couple are both good looking. I think having an average looking man - however you look even if you're not average looking yourself - is more relatable and when he sees/meets good looking men his attractions feel more genuine to me.
- Downright sexy men! At least to my taste - muscular, smooth, tanned gods. Most gay series now insist on mixing all types - bears/otters/skinny twinks...while the mainstream good looking ones take a backseat (Looking - sure it's more realistic and it fulfils it's purpose but we know why it doesn't have the following of QAF).
- Plus the right roles. Now this is again to personal taste but I like my tops and bottoms to look/act certain ways - at least in a fantasy. I love that even the effeminate acting bottom has a perfect body - smaller than the others which I like for a bottom but - with a perfect ass.
- Hot+Average/Ugly/Nerdy...pairing. I want a fantasy where the protagonist gets to romance/have sex with impossibly good looking men. Like the countless nerd gets the hot chick straight films/series.
- Totally gratuitous scenes! The storyline+jokes being funny is another matter altogether but I want sexy scenes from a series like this and
Episode 1 - Nudity Required!
Now the criticisms - I wish there were more scenes of Michael Lanham. Although I think TJ Hoban was perfect as the main character, Michael could pull it off as well because imo they're equally good looking. I mainly didn't like Michael's character was gay and fawning over TJ. That took away the macho persona for me that he had during the initial part of the episode and also the kinkiness of gay-straight fantasy.
Another thing that was missing was a proper sex scene. The scenario/characters alone was more sexually satisfying to me than any other series but I wish there was at least one make out scene between Terry with either TJ or Michael or any other hot extras.
This show might have like what, three insanely pretty boys, but there have been a couple of other gay shows that were "hotter". And in my terms at least, hotter means raunchy sex scenes and frontal nudity and really bad acting lol. To me, Queer as Folk is still #1.
PS - It's funny you mentioned bad acting and it's true that the cheapness of these sex comedies make them even sexier. I'm not taking it seriously - it's wank fodder
The ass on this muscle bottom
Last edited by carey579; October 28th, 2014 at 09:43 PM.
Is this guy?
Also this guy??
Last edited by tyeharris; October 28th, 2014 at 10:31 PM.
JUB's full list of smilies can be found here.
Episode - 3
Kill or Be Kilt