JustUsBoys.com gay porn forum

logo

remove these banner ads by becoming a JUB Supporter.

Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1
    JUB Addict T-Rexx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    4,605

    Code of Conduct

    Gay PA State Rep Runs for Reelection Unopposed - And Loses

    Mike Fleck is a Republican Pennsylvania state representative. He was first elected to that office in 2006. He was subsequently reelected three times in unopposed primaries and elections.

    On December 1, 2012 (after his 2012 reelection), Mike Fleck came out as gay. That made him, surprisingly, the first and only openly gay member of the Pennsylvania state legislature. He is one of only two openly gay Republican state legislators in America.

    This past tuesday, Fleck ran in the Republican primary for reelection to the post he has occupied for 8 years. It was his first election contest as an openly gay man. As usual, Fleck ran unopposed. And he lost.

    Fleck was beaten by a write-in candidate, Richard Irvin, who will represent the Republican Party in the state house election in November. Weirdly, although no Democrats ran for Fleck's office in the Democratic primary, Fleck actually won the Democratic primary as a write-in candidate himself, and will appear on the ballot in November as a Democrat, running against Richard Irvin. There is virtually no chance Fleck can win this election, however, as a gay Democrat in a staunchly Republican district.

    Fleck does not blame his loss exclusively on his homosexuality. Although he considers himself a Tea Party Republican, he was targeted as "not being conservative enough" by a Pennsylvania conservative group, which opposed his reelection. Fleck does believe his homosexuality was a factor, however, given the demographics of Republican Party primary voters.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Fleck
    "The people that had a problem with the gay Mike Fleck, they were coming out to vote in the primary. They were not sitting around waiting 'til November."


    http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/ind..._first_op.html

    http://www.witf.org/state-house-soun...mike-fleck.php

  2. #2
    of the 99%
    Just_Believe18's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    9,190

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Gay PA State Rep Runs for Reelection Unopposed - And Loses

    Every "gay Republican" should read and know this story. That's the party that hates you.
    #439th oldest member on JUB.

  3. #3
    Bammer's Papa
    Kulindahr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    on the foggy, damp, redneck Oregon coast
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Bisexual
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    101,313
    Blog Entries
    78

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Gay PA State Rep Runs for Reelection Unopposed - And Loses

    I know how effective write-in campaigns can be.

    One year my dad won the Republican vote for county assessor -- but as a write-in candidate he also won the Democratic vote.

    He won the general election as a Democrat.

    "Thirty-one* states allow all qualified citizens to carry concealed weapons. In those states, homosexuals should embark on organized efforts to become comfortable with guns, learn to use them safely and carry them. They should set up Pink Pistols task forces, sponsor shooting courses and help homosexuals get licensed to carry. And they should do it in a way that gets as much publicity as possible. "

    --Jonathan Rauch, Salon Magazine, March 13, 2000

    *the number is now forty

  4. #4
    JUB Addict MystikWizard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Baltimore
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    6,697

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Gay PA State Rep Runs for Reelection Unopposed - And Loses

    Quote Originally Posted by T-Rexx View Post
    Mike Fleck is a Republican Pennsylvania state representative. He was first elected to that office in 2006. He was subsequently reelected three times in unopposed primaries and elections.

    On December 1, 2012 (after his 2012 reelection), Mike Fleck came out as gay. That made him, surprisingly, the first and only openly gay member of the Pennsylvania state legislature. He is one of only two openly gay Republican state legislators in America.

    This past tuesday, Fleck ran in the Republican primary for reelection to the post he has occupied for 8 years. It was his first election contest as an openly gay man. As usual, Fleck ran unopposed. And he lost.

    Fleck was beaten by a write-in candidate, Richard Irvin, who will represent the Republican Party in the state house election in November. Weirdly, although no Democrats ran for Fleck's office in the Democratic primary, Fleck actually won the Democratic primary as a write-in candidate himself, and will appear on the ballot in November as a Democrat, running against Richard Irvin. There is virtually no chance Fleck can win this election, however, as a gay Democrat in a staunchly Republican district.

    Fleck does not blame his loss exclusively on his homosexuality. Although he considers himself a Tea Party Republican, he was targeted as "not being conservative enough" by a Pennsylvania conservative group, which opposed his reelection. Fleck does believe his homosexuality was a factor, however, given the demographics of Republican Party primary voters.





    http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/ind..._first_op.html

    http://www.witf.org/state-house-soun...mike-fleck.php
    No doubt in my mind he lost because he was Gay. It's those wonderful, God-loving evangelicals who "love the sinners, not the sin".
    Telling it like it is.

  5. #5
    JUB Addict T-Rexx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    4,605

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Gay PA State Rep Runs for Reelection Unopposed - And Loses

    Quote Originally Posted by MystikWizard View Post
    No doubt in my mind he lost because he was Gay. It's those wonderful, God-loving evangelicals who "love the sinners, not the sin".
    Yes, of course. The guy won four elections handily as a straight man. Then the same guy ran for the same office in the same district as a gay man and lost - even though he was unopposed on the ballot!

    Essentially ALL of the dramatic shift which has occurred in favor of gay rights in America over the last 15 years has occurred among Democrats. Republicans remain as bigoted today as they were 20 years ago. It is a disturbing realization. It indicates the GOP is becoming more and more ideologically distant from the mainstream of American thought. It is becoming more and more extreme. And it's not just with regard to gay rights.

    The Republican Party controls (and will continue to control) at least half of all the elected offices in America. But it does not want you if you are gay, black, poor, female, a recent immigrant, or something other than fundamentalist Christian in your religious persuasion.

    It is not a good thing for a democracy when the political process reserves half of all the legislative offices for less than 5% of the population.


    Quote Originally Posted by T-Rexx View Post
    Although he considers himself a Tea Party Republican, he was targeted as "not being conservative straight enough" by a Pennsylvania conservative group, which opposed his reelection.
    Let's be honest about this.

  6. #6
    JUB Addict Ninja108's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Partnered
    Posts
    62,037

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Gay PA State Rep Runs for Reelection Unopposed - And Loses

    The only thing I give him credit for, he has NOT been afraid to call out the bigotry in his own party.

  7. #7
    Bammer's Papa
    Kulindahr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    on the foggy, damp, redneck Oregon coast
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Bisexual
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    101,313
    Blog Entries
    78

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Gay PA State Rep Runs for Reelection Unopposed - And Loses

    Quote Originally Posted by T-Rexx View Post
    Let's be honest about this.
    My understanding was that they made that decision before he came out. Anyone know for sure?

    "Thirty-one* states allow all qualified citizens to carry concealed weapons. In those states, homosexuals should embark on organized efforts to become comfortable with guns, learn to use them safely and carry them. They should set up Pink Pistols task forces, sponsor shooting courses and help homosexuals get licensed to carry. And they should do it in a way that gets as much publicity as possible. "

    --Jonathan Rauch, Salon Magazine, March 13, 2000

    *the number is now forty

  8. #8
    Bammer's Papa
    Kulindahr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    on the foggy, damp, redneck Oregon coast
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Bisexual
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    101,313
    Blog Entries
    78

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Gay PA State Rep Runs for Reelection Unopposed - And Loses

    Quote Originally Posted by Ninja108 View Post
    The only thing I give him credit for, he has NOT been afraid to call out the bigotry in his own party.
    For a Republican, that's no small thing.

    "Thirty-one* states allow all qualified citizens to carry concealed weapons. In those states, homosexuals should embark on organized efforts to become comfortable with guns, learn to use them safely and carry them. They should set up Pink Pistols task forces, sponsor shooting courses and help homosexuals get licensed to carry. And they should do it in a way that gets as much publicity as possible. "

    --Jonathan Rauch, Salon Magazine, March 13, 2000

    *the number is now forty

  9. #9
    JUB Addict T-Rexx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    4,605

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Gay PA State Rep Runs for Reelection Unopposed - And Loses

    Quote Originally Posted by Kulindahr View Post
    My understanding was that they made that decision before he came out. Anyone know for sure?
    Almost impossible.

    He came out on December 1, 2012, just 25 days after his 2012 reelection.

    Citizens Alliance for Pennsylvania did not oppose the "straight" Mike Fleck in 2006, 2008, 2010, or 2012.

  10. #10
    Bammer's Papa
    Kulindahr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    on the foggy, damp, redneck Oregon coast
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Bisexual
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    101,313
    Blog Entries
    78

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Gay PA State Rep Runs for Reelection Unopposed - And Loses

    Quote Originally Posted by T-Rexx View Post
    Almost impossible.

    He came out on December 1, 2012, just 25 days after his 2012 reelection.

    Citizens Alliance for Pennsylvania did not oppose the "straight" Mike Fleck in 2006, 2008, 2010, or 2012.
    That makes sense.

    "Thirty-one* states allow all qualified citizens to carry concealed weapons. In those states, homosexuals should embark on organized efforts to become comfortable with guns, learn to use them safely and carry them. They should set up Pink Pistols task forces, sponsor shooting courses and help homosexuals get licensed to carry. And they should do it in a way that gets as much publicity as possible. "

    --Jonathan Rauch, Salon Magazine, March 13, 2000

    *the number is now forty

  11. #11
    JUB Addict Ninja108's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Partnered
    Posts
    62,037

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Gay PA State Rep Runs for Reelection Unopposed - And Loses

    Quote Originally Posted by T-Rexx View Post
    Almost impossible.

    He came out on December 1, 2012, just 25 days after his 2012 reelection.

    Citizens Alliance for Pennsylvania did not oppose the "straight" Mike Fleck in 2006, 2008, 2010, or 2012.
    I think he came out before Brian Sims did.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | About JustUsBoys.com | Site Map | RSS | Webmasters | Advertise | Link to JUB | Report A Bug on this Page

Visit our sister sites: Broke Straight Boys | CollegeDudes.com | CollegeBoyPhysicals.com | RocketTube
All models appearing on JustUsBoys.com were over 18 at the time of photography. The records for sexually explicit images required by U.S. 2257 are kept by the
individual producers of the images. The location of the records is available by clicking the Custodian of Records link at the bottom of each gallery page.
© 2012 JustUsBoys.com. The JustUsBoys.com name and logo are registered trademarks. Labeled with ICRA and RTA. Member of ASACP and The Free Speech Coalition.