Exactly 12 hours ago flight MH370 departed from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing, the flight was scheduled to arrive in Beijing six hours later but is still missing
- The airliner, a 12 year old Boeing 777-200, has 239 people on board and enough fuel to fly for 7 hours, meaning the plane is not in the air
- Chinese air traffic control say they never made contact with the Malaysian Airlines flight, meaning the plane did not reach Chinese airspace
- The airline reports losing contact 2 hours into the flight suddenly without notice
- The airline reports there were no problems or calls for mayday reported from the pilots and no signs of distress from any other sources
- The airliner was last reported at 35,000 feet flying across the south china sea east of Vietnam
- Malaysian Airlines issued a statement saying they were informing the family members of the missing flight and search and rescue teams have been dispatched
- People awaiting the arrival of the flight at Beijing airport were told the flight was delayed and learned that it had gone missing via media
The news is reporting electrical failures and the need to make jetliners easier to fly, but Malaysian Airlines is considered a safe airline and had a pilot with 33 years of experience with the same airline.
This makes me believe that the plane must have encoutnered an something extreme like being struck by lightning, a terror attack, striking another object, engine failure, or another on-board emergency like a loss of cabin pressure.