JustUsBoys.com gay porn forum

logo

remove these banner ads by becoming a JUB Supporter.

Results 1 to 27 of 27
  1. #1
    of the 99%
    Just_Believe18's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    9,207

    Code of Conduct

    Obama's Sin: Ethanol and the Environment

    Since Bush signed the production of corn-based Ethanol into law, the Obama Administration has faithfully carried out what has become a cosmic joke of "green energy" and the resulting disaster it has had on the American environment. The Associated Press recently did a huge expose on the debacle as outlined in this fascinating article:

    http://www.deseretnews.com/article/7...cy.html?pg=all

    With the Iowa political caucuses on the horizon in 2007, presidential candidate Barack Obama made homegrown corn a centerpiece of his plan to slow global warming. And when President George W. Bush signed a law that year requiring oil companies to add billions of gallons of ethanol to their gasoline each year, Bush predicted it would make the country "stronger, cleaner and more secure."But the ethanol era has proven far more damaging to the environment than politicians promised and much worse than the government admits today.


    I always knew Ethanol was a scam by the corn industry (who also orchestrated the mass production of high fructose corn syrup in place of natural sugar), but I never knew just how complicit the Obama Administration was in its implementation until now. Fortunately, the pressure from environmental groups and media attention has resulted in the Obama administration scaling down the production of Ethanol as seen here:

    http://www.ibtimes.com/less-ethanol-...ision?ft=o717s

    This is just another notch in a long list that illustrates how the Obama Administration has carried on an era of signature Bush legacies that is sadly tragic. The wars continue, Wall Street greeds on, the Patriot Act stamps on our U.S. Constitution, and the environment continues to be raped by ethanol and hydraulic fracturing. There is a lot of good the Obama Administration can do in its second term without the input of Congress, and I have yet to see any signature executive orders from the President to change these circumstances.
    #439th oldest member on JUB.

  2. #2
    Rambunctiously Pugnacious JayHawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    River Quay - KC
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    24,238

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Obama's Sin: Ethanol and the Environment

    I wont argue the rise in comodities price for corn or the money boom for big ag... Just cant that is evident.

    Two things I wonder are:

    These farms aren't being created, they exist and grow corn each year, so much corn there is left over amounts to make entire maize laden homes and such, decorator corn, lost inventory that just rots, plus all the normal uses so how is if effecting the environment more than burning coal to run these farms that have and will continue to exist and produce massive amounts of corn each year?

    The idea that it ruins engines is probably true for old vehicles. However slowly destroying old engines and getting them off the road was an added benefit. My vehicle is designed to use E85 or 87 Octane. E85 burns cleaner than gas products. Granted it is not a long term environmental benefit but it does reduce tailpipe emissions, additionally it increases acetaldehyde emissions versus fossil fuels (because it burns off the sludge and crap in your engine).

    Current factory-made E85 vehicles do not deliver as much fuel economy as vehicles utilizing conventional gasoline.[citation needed] Some critics of FFV claim that ethanol can produce fuel economy similar to that observed in gasoline engines, but automotive manufacturers fail to do the things that are necessary to do so.
    I use E85 as it cost about 15% less than gas but also provides about 5% less fuel economy. SO I am getting a better value BUT if automakers would tune the vehicles correctly then i could get better than fossil fuel. The auto industry just doesnt want to do it.

    To me that complaint is simply trading off between auto and oil industry corporate welfare and agriculture corporate welfare. A zero sum game if you will. The only reason Obama is dropping the support is because fuel is being driven down by our false and probably short lived fracking shitstorm that is doing a thousand times the environmental damage than existing ag farms.

    We DO need sustainable energy but playing kingmaker of corporations is not headed in the correct direction, given the choice bewteen two evils I will choose E85 everytime.
    Everyone can be great, because everyone can serve.
    ~ Martin Luther King, Jr.


  3. #3
    Bammer's Papa
    Kulindahr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    on the foggy, damp, redneck Oregon coast
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Bisexual
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    102,867
    Blog Entries
    78

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Obama's Sin: Ethanol and the Environment

    Quote Originally Posted by JayHawk View Post
    I wont argue the rise in comodities price for corn or the money boom for big ag... Just cant that is evident.

    Two things I wonder are:

    These farms aren't being created, they exist and grow corn each year, so much corn there is left over amounts to make entire maize laden homes and such, decorator corn, lost inventory that just rots, plus all the normal uses so how is if effecting the environment more than burning coal to run these farms that have and will continue to exist and produce massive amounts of corn each year?

    The idea that it ruins engines is probably true for old vehicles. However slowly destroying old engines and getting them off the road was an added benefit. My vehicle is designed to use E85 or 87 Octane. E85 burns cleaner than gas products. Granted it is not a long term environmental benefit but it does reduce tailpipe emissions, additionally it increases acetaldehyde emissions versus fossil fuels (because it burns off the sludge and crap in your engine).
    That's easy to say when you can afford a new vehicle when you need one, and don't have to go scraping among old crap you can manage to buy so long as it doesn't break down before the payments are done. Maybe if there was an actual "cash for clunkers" program that targeted the real clunkers, it would be okay, but as it is, ruining engines is a hidden tax on the poor.

    "Thirty-one* states allow all qualified citizens to carry concealed weapons. In those states, homosexuals should embark on organized efforts to become comfortable with guns, learn to use them safely and carry them. They should set up Pink Pistols task forces, sponsor shooting courses and help homosexuals get licensed to carry. And they should do it in a way that gets as much publicity as possible. "

    --Jonathan Rauch, Salon Magazine, March 13, 2000

    *the number is now forty

  4. #4
    Bammer's Papa
    Kulindahr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    on the foggy, damp, redneck Oregon coast
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Bisexual
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    102,867
    Blog Entries
    78

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Obama's Sin: Ethanol and the Environment

    WRT the article, Congress should just undo the law and let the market do its thing. While people with newer vehicles may be benefitting, everyone is being hurt by higher food prices.

    Which makes me think -- we could fund a true cash-for-clunkers program with a 20 cents per gallon tax on corn-syrup sweeteners.

    "Thirty-one* states allow all qualified citizens to carry concealed weapons. In those states, homosexuals should embark on organized efforts to become comfortable with guns, learn to use them safely and carry them. They should set up Pink Pistols task forces, sponsor shooting courses and help homosexuals get licensed to carry. And they should do it in a way that gets as much publicity as possible. "

    --Jonathan Rauch, Salon Magazine, March 13, 2000

    *the number is now forty

  5. #5

    Re: Obama's Sin: Ethanol and the Environment

    The article is hog wash. There were no pristine prairies to be plowed under, and the idea that plowing releases significant carbon dioxide into the air is absurd, while it is true the corn being grown absorbs CO2 and releases oxygen. It is illegal to fill in wetlands, and Iowa never had much in the first place. Farmers learned long ago of the need to and how to prevent erosion. It is environmental fanaticism run rampant. The enviro-nuts just don't like any kind of energy.
    This really illustrates why the environmentalists are so unpopular and dangerous. It is an ideology which lends itself to absolutes and fanaticism.

  6. #6

    Re: Obama's Sin: Ethanol and the Environment

    The prairie had disappeared long before Bush or ethanol, and in Iowa and most states there have been movements to preserve the few remaining scraps. Here is an article about the preservation in Iowa;http://www.co.jasper.ia.us/modules/s...documentid=224
    Notice that it says that most of the farmers in the "vast area" of the great plains "have never seen a virgin prairie".

  7. #7
    Virginia Is for Lovers Alnitak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Maryland
    Orientation
    Gay
    Posts
    5,117
    Blog Entries
    2

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Obama's Sin: Ethanol and the Environment

    Quote Originally Posted by Kulindahr View Post

    Which makes me think -- we could fund a true cash-for-clunkers program with a 20 cents per gallon tax on corn-syrup sweeteners.
    Hollywood would be up in arms over the price of fake blood

  8. #8

    Re: Obama's Sin: Ethanol and the Environment

    I never was a fan of ethanol. Always saw it as more money for farmers -- many who don't really need more money. Another unneeded government subsidy.

    How many of you know that farmers don't even drive their own tractors when they plant, fertilize, or harvest their corn or soybeans. It's all done by satellite. Just sit back or take a nap in your multi-position leather chair in your air conditioned cab. They farm up to the edge of the road, get paid the government to build ponds and terraces.

    Modern, state-of-the-art fracking and more drilling is the answer until something else is discovered. We know that electric cars are not the answer because they do more to destroy the environment than help it both with the manufacture of the batteries and the illusion that nothing is used to make the electricity that charges the batteries.

    One more thing, don't use gas that contains ethanol if your mower or outdoor power equipment ... it will destroy components of the engines.

  9. #9
    Virginia Is for Lovers Alnitak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Maryland
    Orientation
    Gay
    Posts
    5,117
    Blog Entries
    2

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Obama's Sin: Ethanol and the Environment

    Ethanol is a questionably viable attempt to succeed other liquid energy options, namely petroleum distillates, for now.

    At the rate of growth in energy consumption versus discovery and declining oil reserves, we (I mean me, other 20 somethings, and younger) will someday have little choice to use it or give up independent mobility entirely. Picture cracking abandoned highways with trees growing in the middle of them.

  10. #10
    Bammer's Papa
    Kulindahr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    on the foggy, damp, redneck Oregon coast
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Bisexual
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    102,867
    Blog Entries
    78

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Obama's Sin: Ethanol and the Environment

    Quote Originally Posted by Benvolio View Post
    The article is hog wash. There were no pristine prairies to be plowed under, and the idea that plowing releases significant carbon dioxide into the air is absurd, while it is true the corn being grown absorbs CO2 and releases oxygen. It is illegal to fill in wetlands, and Iowa never had much in the first place. Farmers learned long ago of the need to and how to prevent erosion. It is environmental fanaticism run rampant. The enviro-nuts just don't like any kind of energy.
    This really illustrates why the environmentalists are so unpopular and dangerous. It is an ideology which lends itself to absolutes and fanaticism.
    Farmers did, yes. But agribusiness doesn't give a rip. On actual farms, run by actual farmers who live on the land, topsoil depths are holding steady or improving, while agribusiness corporations are depleting it.

    This really illustrates why capitalism is so dangerous. It is an ideology which lends itself to absolutes and fanaticism

    "Thirty-one* states allow all qualified citizens to carry concealed weapons. In those states, homosexuals should embark on organized efforts to become comfortable with guns, learn to use them safely and carry them. They should set up Pink Pistols task forces, sponsor shooting courses and help homosexuals get licensed to carry. And they should do it in a way that gets as much publicity as possible. "

    --Jonathan Rauch, Salon Magazine, March 13, 2000

    *the number is now forty

  11. #11
    Bammer's Papa
    Kulindahr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    on the foggy, damp, redneck Oregon coast
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Bisexual
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    102,867
    Blog Entries
    78

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Obama's Sin: Ethanol and the Environment

    Quote Originally Posted by Alnitak View Post
    Hollywood would be up in arms over the price of fake blood
    LOL

    Let them use ketchup!

    "Thirty-one* states allow all qualified citizens to carry concealed weapons. In those states, homosexuals should embark on organized efforts to become comfortable with guns, learn to use them safely and carry them. They should set up Pink Pistols task forces, sponsor shooting courses and help homosexuals get licensed to carry. And they should do it in a way that gets as much publicity as possible. "

    --Jonathan Rauch, Salon Magazine, March 13, 2000

    *the number is now forty

  12. #12
    Bammer's Papa
    Kulindahr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    on the foggy, damp, redneck Oregon coast
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Bisexual
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    102,867
    Blog Entries
    78

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Obama's Sin: Ethanol and the Environment

    Quote Originally Posted by Alnitak View Post
    At the rate of growth in energy consumption versus discovery and declining oil reserves, we (I mean me, other 20 somethings, and younger) will someday have little choice to use it or give up independent mobility entirely. Picture cracking abandoned highways with trees growing in the middle of them.
    Given that Tesla Motors is looking at batteries that will allow an electric car to drive across the country on a half dozen charges, and recharge while you stop for lunch or dinner, ethanol's day is already over.

    One outfit, using graphene and paper, is even talking of a battery that would take a car across the continent in just two charges (along with laptop batteries that will provide not two hours of power, but two days....)!

    "Thirty-one* states allow all qualified citizens to carry concealed weapons. In those states, homosexuals should embark on organized efforts to become comfortable with guns, learn to use them safely and carry them. They should set up Pink Pistols task forces, sponsor shooting courses and help homosexuals get licensed to carry. And they should do it in a way that gets as much publicity as possible. "

    --Jonathan Rauch, Salon Magazine, March 13, 2000

    *the number is now forty

  13. #13
    JUB Addict vulgar_newcomer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    St. Petersburg
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    2,715

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Obama's Sin: Ethanol and the Environment

    Quote Originally Posted by Kulindahr View Post
    That's easy to say when you can afford a new vehicle when you need one, and don't have to go scraping among old crap you can manage to buy so long as it doesn't break down before the payments are done. Maybe if there was an actual "cash for clunkers" program that targeted the real clunkers, it would be okay, but as it is, ruining engines is a hidden tax on the poor.
    Excellent point. How is it often missed that the guy busting his ass working for someone or himself grossing 18 or 20 K a yr can hardly afford a used tire for his older vehicle and then the engine is ruined by ethanol leaving him with no options to get back and forth to work or the grocery store. There is no way he/she will be able to afford a newer vehicle (didn't say new) and even if they could the insurance would knock them out . There won't be a new hybrid in the driveway over a great deal of Americans and that old car is all they have from keeping them falling deeper down the dark well.

  14. #14
    JUB Addict vulgar_newcomer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    St. Petersburg
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    2,715

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Obama's Sin: Ethanol and the Environment

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Springer View Post
    One more thing, don't use gas that contains ethanol if your mower or outdoor power equipment ... it will destroy components of the engines.
    Wow I actually agree with Jack. Exactly right. Ethanol is no friend of a small engine, or a engine even in a newer vehicle that sits with stale fuel in it. It attracts moisture and becomes contaminated. Its hell on gaskets and rubber and fuel systems, even injected fuel systems. Listen to the lawn mowers in a weekend warrior suburban neighborhood with a Briggs & Stratton 5 hp engine surge and purge as they can't hold a idle due to the stale ethanol gas which has been sitting the garage in a small tank and the vent popped open.
    However in our throw away society the person just junks the lawnmower and goes to Home Depot and buys another 125 bill mower. Now how is this waste of materials saving the environment? Good for cheap product manufactures and Home Depot though.
    This stuff is bad news. For pleasure watercraft or a small boat you can still get real gasoline at some Marina's around here buts its gonna cost you.
    I wouldn't be surprised when the lobbyist get their way and even higher amounts of ethanol are allowed in vehicles and they are pushing for it.

  15. #15
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Partnered
    Posts
    3,171

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Obama's Sin: Ethanol and the Environment

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Springer View Post
    I
    One more thing, don't use gas that contains ethanol if your mower or outdoor power equipment ... it will destroy components of the engines.
    There are several convenience stores/gas stations in this area that offer "ethanol-free" gas for small engines.

  16. #16

    Re: Obama's Sin: Ethanol and the Environment

    What about hydrogen? It's been talked about for years. Is it finally a reality?

    http://www.npr.org/templates/story/s...ryId=246276279

  17. #17
    Virginia Is for Lovers Alnitak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Maryland
    Orientation
    Gay
    Posts
    5,117
    Blog Entries
    2

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Obama's Sin: Ethanol and the Environment

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Springer View Post
    What about hydrogen? It's been talked about for years. Is it finally a reality?

    http://www.npr.org/templates/story/s...ryId=246276279
    It's not a native element, and most hydrogen produced comes from fossil fuels.

  18. #18
    Bammer's Papa
    Kulindahr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    on the foggy, damp, redneck Oregon coast
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Bisexual
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    102,867
    Blog Entries
    78

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Obama's Sin: Ethanol and the Environment

    Quote Originally Posted by vulgar_newcomer View Post
    Wow I actually agree with Jack. Exactly right. Ethanol is no friend of a small engine, or a engine even in a newer vehicle that sits with stale fuel in it. It attracts moisture and becomes contaminated. Its hell on gaskets and rubber and fuel systems, even injected fuel systems. Listen to the lawn mowers in a weekend warrior suburban neighborhood with a Briggs & Stratton 5 hp engine surge and purge as they can't hold a idle due to the stale ethanol gas which has been sitting the garage in a small tank and the vent popped open.
    However in our throw away society the person just junks the lawnmower and goes to Home Depot and buys another 125 bill mower. Now how is this waste of materials saving the environment? Good for cheap product manufactures and Home Depot though.
    This stuff is bad news. For pleasure watercraft or a small boat you can still get real gasoline at some Marina's around here buts its gonna cost you.
    I wouldn't be surprised when the lobbyist get their way and even higher amounts of ethanol are allowed in vehicles and they are pushing for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by HenryReardon View Post
    There are several convenience stores/gas stations in this area that offer "ethanol-free" gas for small engines.
    Here at any rate, it's cheaper to get additives for the mower, etc. Ethanol-free has come to be called "marine fuel", because there's not a marine engine built that likes ethanol. And while there are two stations within ten miles that sell it, the current price is seventy cents per gallon higher than the ethanol mix.

    "Thirty-one* states allow all qualified citizens to carry concealed weapons. In those states, homosexuals should embark on organized efforts to become comfortable with guns, learn to use them safely and carry them. They should set up Pink Pistols task forces, sponsor shooting courses and help homosexuals get licensed to carry. And they should do it in a way that gets as much publicity as possible. "

    --Jonathan Rauch, Salon Magazine, March 13, 2000

    *the number is now forty

  19. #19
    Bammer's Papa
    Kulindahr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    on the foggy, damp, redneck Oregon coast
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Bisexual
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    102,867
    Blog Entries
    78

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Obama's Sin: Ethanol and the Environment

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Springer View Post
    What about hydrogen? It's been talked about for years. Is it finally a reality?

    http://www.npr.org/templates/story/s...ryId=246276279
    They won't make it. Fuel cells are nowhere close to the newer batteries, which being based on nano-tech act more like capacitors, holding more energy and subject to fast recharge -- for example, Tesla Motors is looking at tech that would allow an electric car to go from LA to NY on just four charges, and can recharge in under half an hour... like, while you stop for lunch, and for the night.

    Additionally, it's a lot easier -- and thus cheaper -- to built recharging stations for electrics. Several stores here have already put free ones in for customers to use while shopping!

    "Thirty-one* states allow all qualified citizens to carry concealed weapons. In those states, homosexuals should embark on organized efforts to become comfortable with guns, learn to use them safely and carry them. They should set up Pink Pistols task forces, sponsor shooting courses and help homosexuals get licensed to carry. And they should do it in a way that gets as much publicity as possible. "

    --Jonathan Rauch, Salon Magazine, March 13, 2000

    *the number is now forty

  20. #20

    Re: Obama's Sin: Ethanol and the Environment

    ^^

    I'm going to assume you didn't read the article - which is something you constantly tell other people they don't do.

    Hyundai will market the new cars soon in LA by leasing them. They will pay for fuel costs for 3 years. Toyota will soon follow.

  21. #21

    Re: Obama's Sin: Ethanol and the Environment

    Quote Originally Posted by Kulindahr View Post
    Farmers did, yes. But agribusiness doesn't give a rip. On actual farms, run by actual farmers who live on the land, topsoil depths are holding steady or improving, while agribusiness corporations are depleting it.

    This really illustrates why capitalism is so dangerous. It is an ideology which lends itself to absolutes and fanaticism
    Agribusiness corporations are a liberal fantasy, right up there with the "corporate welfare" which liberals rant against but make no attempt to specify, much less end.

  22. #22

    Re: Obama's Sin: Ethanol and the Environment

    Quote Originally Posted by Kulindahr View Post
    Farmers did, yes. But agribusiness doesn't give a rip. On actual farms, run by actual farmers who live on the land, topsoil depths are holding steady or improving, while agribusiness corporations are depleting it.

    This really illustrates why capitalism is so dangerous. It is an ideology which lends itself to absolutes and fanaticism
    Your view may be accurate for small Oregon farmers but not accurate for most of the country. Farming is big business even for family farms.

  23. #23
    Bammer's Papa
    Kulindahr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    on the foggy, damp, redneck Oregon coast
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Bisexual
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    102,867
    Blog Entries
    78

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Obama's Sin: Ethanol and the Environment

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Springer View Post
    ^^

    I'm going to assume you didn't read the article - which is something you constantly tell other people they don't do.

    Hyundai will market the new cars soon in LA by leasing them. They will pay for fuel costs for 3 years. Toyota will soon follow.
    I posted because I DID read the article. Hydrogen will be overwhelmed by electric, especially if some of the farther-out claims come about -- like one for batteries using graphene and silver that would allow a vehicle to go from San Diego to Montpelier on a single charge, and recharge in twenty minutes for the return trip.

    "Thirty-one* states allow all qualified citizens to carry concealed weapons. In those states, homosexuals should embark on organized efforts to become comfortable with guns, learn to use them safely and carry them. They should set up Pink Pistols task forces, sponsor shooting courses and help homosexuals get licensed to carry. And they should do it in a way that gets as much publicity as possible. "

    --Jonathan Rauch, Salon Magazine, March 13, 2000

    *the number is now forty

  24. #24
    Bammer's Papa
    Kulindahr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    on the foggy, damp, redneck Oregon coast
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Bisexual
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    102,867
    Blog Entries
    78

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Obama's Sin: Ethanol and the Environment

    Quote Originally Posted by Benvolio View Post
    Agribusiness corporations are a liberal fantasy, right up there with the "corporate welfare" which liberals rant against but make no attempt to specify, much less end.
    Agribusiness corporations are the reality that made my conservative Lutheran friends in Minnesota switch from Republican to Democrat, because the Republicans had no interest in helping the family farmer. The same is true of some of my relatives in Nebraska, where agribusiness corporations bought up land to obtain water rights, then built a dam and a canal to carry the water over fifty miles to where they actually meant to grow crops, a piece of stupidity championed by Republicans.

    "Thirty-one* states allow all qualified citizens to carry concealed weapons. In those states, homosexuals should embark on organized efforts to become comfortable with guns, learn to use them safely and carry them. They should set up Pink Pistols task forces, sponsor shooting courses and help homosexuals get licensed to carry. And they should do it in a way that gets as much publicity as possible. "

    --Jonathan Rauch, Salon Magazine, March 13, 2000

    *the number is now forty

  25. #25
    Bammer's Papa
    Kulindahr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    on the foggy, damp, redneck Oregon coast
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Bisexual
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    102,867
    Blog Entries
    78

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Obama's Sin: Ethanol and the Environment

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Springer View Post
    Your view may be accurate for small Oregon farmers but not accurate for most of the country. Farming is big business even for family farms.
    I know it's big business -- but family farmers still take far better care of their land. I know a family in Minnesota who farm thousands of acres, and they manage the land so their topsoil actually increases. The agricorporation land down the highway from them lets soil blow away, and compensates by using gobs of chemicals.

    All agricultural subsidies should be eliminated if the owners don't live on the land.

    "Thirty-one* states allow all qualified citizens to carry concealed weapons. In those states, homosexuals should embark on organized efforts to become comfortable with guns, learn to use them safely and carry them. They should set up Pink Pistols task forces, sponsor shooting courses and help homosexuals get licensed to carry. And they should do it in a way that gets as much publicity as possible. "

    --Jonathan Rauch, Salon Magazine, March 13, 2000

    *the number is now forty

  26. #26

    Re: Obama's Sin: Ethanol and the Environment

    Quote Originally Posted by Kulindahr View Post
    Agribusiness corporations are the reality that made my conservative Lutheran friends in Minnesota switch from Republican to Democrat, because the Republicans had no interest in helping the family farmer. The same is true of some of my relatives in Nebraska, where agribusiness corporations bought up land to obtain water rights, then built a dam and a canal to carry the water over fifty miles to where they actually meant to grow crops, a piece of stupidity championed by Republicans.
    Please tell me where this dam and canal are supposed to be. I would be astonished that I have not heard of it.

  27. #27
    Bammer's Papa
    Kulindahr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    on the foggy, damp, redneck Oregon coast
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Bisexual
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    102,867
    Blog Entries
    78

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Obama's Sin: Ethanol and the Environment

    Quote Originally Posted by Benvolio View Post
    Please tell me where this dam and canal are supposed to be. I would be astonished that I have not heard of it.
    My relatives live in Burwell.

    "Thirty-one* states allow all qualified citizens to carry concealed weapons. In those states, homosexuals should embark on organized efforts to become comfortable with guns, learn to use them safely and carry them. They should set up Pink Pistols task forces, sponsor shooting courses and help homosexuals get licensed to carry. And they should do it in a way that gets as much publicity as possible. "

    --Jonathan Rauch, Salon Magazine, March 13, 2000

    *the number is now forty

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | About JustUsBoys.com | Site Map | RSS | Webmasters | Advertise | Link to JUB | Report A Bug on this Page

Visit our sister sites: Broke Straight Boys | CollegeDudes.com | CollegeBoyPhysicals.com | RocketTube
All models appearing on JustUsBoys.com were over 18 at the time of photography. The records for sexually explicit images required by U.S. 2257 are kept by the
individual producers of the images. The location of the records is available by clicking the Custodian of Records link at the bottom of each gallery page.
© 2012 JustUsBoys.com. The JustUsBoys.com name and logo are registered trademarks. Labeled with ICRA and RTA. Member of ASACP and The Free Speech Coalition.