JustUsBoys.com gay porn forum

logo

remove these banner ads by becoming a JUB Supporter.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 50 of 86

Thread: My Art :)

  1. #1
    On the Prowl CageAta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    116

    Code of Conduct

    My Art :)

    Hey guys!!

    Thought I would share some early to current work from my portfolio and perhaps I could post a few drawings as well. I never really had a passion for photography until Year 12 (Form 6) as I had my heart set on a Special Makeup effects course with Dick Smith because my parents introduced me to horror and a VERY young age. I guess in ways it has shaped and influenced some of my ideas and my thought process regarding art, especially when I plan a photo shoot, and I really love that. I dont think my art would be the same if i was never introduced to Freddy Krueger or the likes of Jason Vorhees- Buffy and Charmed at an early age.

    I was the kid who was an outcast at primary school (Elementary), the one who was obsessed with spiders and creepy crawliers- who lifted up rocks and helped students and teachers identify certain spider bites. Looking back, I have always been independent. When I learnt there was a Halloween shop at my local town I used to walk there everyday at the age of five and buy masks. Their #1 customer they would say. They even have a photo pinned to the wall of me to this day. Its those small moments in life, the moments that can shape who you are and influence everything you do, The Imperfect- Perfect Kitchen Table. I have so many exciting things to look forward to this year and the next regarding my art, and at 19 now I can look back at my younger self and be proud at what I am achieving!

    I wont give you my life story, this is about my art ...
    Last edited by CageAta; November 19th, 2013 at 04:36 AM.

  2. #2
    Know thyself kallipolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Piraeus, Greece
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Partnered
    Posts
    11,140

    Code of Conduct

    Re: My Art :)

    Well done for pursuing your dreams....I wish you well with your artistic gifts..any chance of posting a few examples of your endeavours, here?

  3. #3
    On the Prowl CageAta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    116

    Code of Conduct

    Re: My Art :)

    *GRAPHIC#

    These were samples testing makeup appliances I did when I was 15 I assure you, they are completely FAKE.

















    Using Gelatine

  4. #4
    Know thyself kallipolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Piraeus, Greece
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Partnered
    Posts
    11,140

    Code of Conduct

    Re: My Art :)

    Thanks for posting your work.....clearly you are at the experimental stage....with the further observation that such material has a very limited appeal....nevertheless, I wish you well with your endeavour knowing that experience will enable you create results that will satisfy your particular taste.

  5. #5
    On the Prowl CageAta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    116

    Code of Conduct

    Re: My Art :)

    Quote Originally Posted by kallipolis View Post
    Thanks for posting your work.....clearly you are at the experimental stage....with the further observation that such material has a very limited appeal....nevertheless, I wish you well with your endeavour knowing that experience will enable you create results that will satisfy your particular taste.

    Of course, I dont do special effects anymore anyway. Im a photographer. However I did assist on set of The Evil Dead reboot and some tv shows such as Spartacus, so I may be young but Im achieving alot. I only posted this because before I got into drawing, photography, and movie prop building I was into makeup effects.

  6. #6
    Dejavudoo
    Guest

    Re: My Art :)

    If you can catch the current zombie wave, I'm sure there is work for you in special effects.

    As art, I doubt it has a significant following, although there were cadaver exhibits that were touring museums from China.

    I'd be more interested in your skill employed in other genres.

  7. #7
    On the Prowl CageAta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    116

    Code of Conduct

    Re: My Art :)

    Heres a movie prop I have also built for companies, private collectors and short films, also for other artists worldwide. Completely handscrafted from Copper, Brass and Steel/Stainless depending on the request.

    For photographer Amber Kim Mulder.






    Other clients:

















  8. #8
    On the Prowl CageAta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    116

    Code of Conduct

    Re: My Art :)

    As I stated above, Im starting from my earliest work. I was only 15 and the special effects was not for anything but for my own enjoyment.

  9. #9
    On the Prowl CageAta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    116

    Code of Conduct

    Re: My Art :)

    My earliest photography.








  10. #10
    Dejavudoo
    Guest

    Re: My Art :)

    I'm glad you found success, and want to share your work.

    What is your heritage? Your face looks Eastern Mediterranean.

  11. #11
    On the Prowl CageAta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    116

    Code of Conduct

    Re: My Art :)

    Thanks! Yea I have had a few exhibitions this year, and got a A for my final exhibition at University (First Year) and have a few more exhibitions next year. I am from New Zealand, Im half British & part Italian. I also hopefully getting a grant from Sir James Wallace!

  12. #12
    I need water Kabluey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    New Zealand
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Bisexual
    Status
    Partnered
    Posts
    4,940

    Code of Conduct

    Re: My Art :)

    Gross!!! - Weta eat your heart out
    Blah blah blah, something enigmatic sounding...

  13. #13
    Dejavudoo
    Guest

    Re: My Art :)

    The width of your eyes speaks of your Italian lineage. Lucky you with the handsome genes, but even more with the gift of art. It's great you are following your bliss.

  14. #14
    On the Prowl CageAta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    116

    Code of Conduct

    Re: My Art :)

    Work from Last Year
















  15. #15
    On the Prowl CageAta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    116

    Code of Conduct

    Re: My Art :)

    Quote Originally Posted by Dejavudoo View Post
    The width of your eyes speaks of your Italian lineage. Lucky you with the handsome genes, but even more with the gift of art. It's great you are following your bliss.
    Thankyou!! Yea Im really passionate about photography, especially conceptual fashion photography. But it is frustrating because people have been judging me purely based on the field of art that I am interested in... fashion photography. To me there is a void that separates fashion photography and commercialism to that of conceptual. I am not interested in glamorizing beauty, i am not interested in advertising or representing sexuality purely to promote my work, and if you actually spoke to me you would understand the ideas and issues I am raising. I am not interested in making someone look 'sexy', and yes past work has had diluted attributes of such, but the subjects were photographed while I was in high school, so as an artist you can not collectively put me in a box and expect that I will regress right?

  16. #16
    I need water Kabluey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    New Zealand
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Bisexual
    Status
    Partnered
    Posts
    4,940

    Code of Conduct

    Re: My Art :)

    Like that underwater shot - nice acting too.
    Blah blah blah, something enigmatic sounding...

  17. #17
    Know thyself kallipolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Piraeus, Greece
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Partnered
    Posts
    11,140

    Code of Conduct

    Re: My Art :)

    I'm impressed by your photos of your lady friends....I'd go as far as saying, that you are very talented....good luck.

  18. #18
    On the Prowl CageAta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    116

    Code of Conduct

    Re: My Art :)
















  19. #19
    On the Prowl CageAta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    116

    Code of Conduct

    Re: My Art :)

    Thankyou!! Here's my official Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/cajunataphotography

  20. #20
    Know thyself kallipolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Piraeus, Greece
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Partnered
    Posts
    11,140

    Code of Conduct

    Re: My Art :)

    Quote Originally Posted by CageAta View Post
    Thankyou!! Yea Im really passionate about photography, especially conceptual fashion photography. But it is frustrating because people have been judging me purely based on the field of art that I am interested in... fashion photography. To me there is a void that separates fashion photography and commercialism to that of conceptual. I am not interested in glamorizing beauty, i am not interested in advertising or representing sexuality purely to promote my work, and if you actually spoke to me you would understand the ideas and issues I am raising. I am not interested in making someone look 'sexy', and yes past work has had diluted attributes of such, but the subjects were photographed while I was in high school, so as an artist you can not collectively put me in a box and expect that I will regress right?
    There is a need for each of us to make a living by pandering to commercial needs, whilst also using funding derived from commercial work to finance your specific personal tastes.

  21. #21
    Dejavudoo
    Guest

    Re: My Art :)

    Quote Originally Posted by CageAta View Post
    I am not interested in making someone look 'sexy', and yes past work has had diluted attributes of such, but the subjects were photographed while I was in high school, so as an artist you can not collectively put me in a box and expect that I will regress right?
    You are very gifted in the medium, especially the stop-action nature of it. You can easily be a commercial success if you choose to be.

    I wish you the best as you express your own passion and grow into your style. May it converge with an audience that finds it as appealing as the commercial images you have posted here.

  22. #22
    On the Prowl CageAta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    116

    Code of Conduct

    Re: My Art :)

    No doubt, but you see most of the women and lecturers are feminist in my studio and when I present my work all they do is compare me to my subjects and the field I want to go into. What I'm saying is that Im not interested in the conventions of current commercial fashion photography. Thankyou so much Dejavudoo!!
    Last edited by CageAta; November 19th, 2013 at 05:47 AM.

  23. #23
    Dejavudoo
    Guest

    Re: My Art :)

    Still, it must afford some comfort to know that you will never go hungry with your skill. Exploring genre's and expressions will be more fun knowing that you can sell commercially should the need arise, or choose not to.

  24. #24
    On the Prowl CageAta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    116

    Code of Conduct

    Re: My Art :)

    Haha being a student :/ I am able to go without food for a while :P That is very true and Im not saying I dont want to go commercial, I'm just not interested in the conventions that come with it, even if that means paving my own way, setting my own conventions as difficult as it will be, but I'm not giving up.

  25. #25
    Know thyself kallipolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Piraeus, Greece
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Partnered
    Posts
    11,140

    Code of Conduct

    Re: My Art :)

    Quote Originally Posted by CageAta View Post
    Haha being a student :/ I am able to go without food for a while :P That is very true and Im not saying I dont want to go commercial, I'm just not interested in the conventions that come with it, even if that means paving my own way, setting my own conventions as difficult as it will be, but I'm not giving up.
    Most great artisits have felt likewise when 19 years, but life's realities eventually catch up with them when the rent comes due...and, the refrigerator is bare.

  26. #26
    On the Prowl CageAta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    116

    Code of Conduct

    Re: My Art :)

    These are a small sample from a much larger body of work expressing the idea of an imperfect memory - repress. Bleached, burnt and acid washed negatives that were scanned or put through enlargers.









    - - - Updated - - -

    Lol Like I said, I'm not giving up

  27. #27
    Know thyself kallipolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Piraeus, Greece
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Partnered
    Posts
    11,140

    Code of Conduct

    Re: My Art :)

    You've just begun....let us know where you are in five years time, maybe with an exhibition at The Tate Gallery, in London

  28. #28
    On the Prowl CageAta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    116

    Code of Conduct

    Re: My Art :)

    Sure thing

  29. #29
    On the Prowl CageAta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    116

    Code of Conduct

    Re: My Art :)







    These next few images were taken for a brief, we were only allowed to use vernacular lens based cameras.


















  30. #30
    Know thyself kallipolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Piraeus, Greece
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Partnered
    Posts
    11,140

    Code of Conduct

    Re: My Art :)

    After graduation, to broaden your experiences it might well serve your vocation to spend some time living in London, also visiting Italy thus ensuring that your inspiration is fed with sufficient stimulating material to expand your horizons.....certainly, your photographic genius needs the input of a maturing mind better nourished outside your home environment.

  31. #31
    On the Prowl CageAta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    116

    Code of Conduct

    Re: My Art :)

    Only been drawing for a few months, a often walk to the water front to draw all day Still have a lot to work on but I'm slowly getting the hang of it !





    - - - Updated - - -

    Indeed, I was intending on doing my Masters in the Uk

  32. #32
    Know thyself kallipolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Piraeus, Greece
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Partnered
    Posts
    11,140

    Code of Conduct

    Re: My Art :)

    Don't intend doing your Master's in the UK....go ahead, and do it for the time spent in London will inebriate you with ideas calculated to discover more of the genius inside you screaming to reveal its talents.......I'm a big fan of pencil sketches, when living in London buying pencil sketches "engraved" on copper plate sheaves....all sold to pay the rent....that creeps on one when life becomes worth living to enjoy.

  33. #33
    JUB Addict
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    NYC
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,968

    Code of Conduct

    Re: My Art :)

    Nice stuff--maybe you should use some men next in your photos

  34. #34
    nerd of prey hylas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Brussels
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Posts
    2,685

    Code of Conduct

    Re: My Art :)

    indeed

    *o*

  35. #35

    Re: My Art :)

    I like your special effects stuff, and photo's. I wish I had that kind of talent!!!

    As a long time Sci-Fi fan, (Star Trek, Star Wars, Super heroes ...) and Walking Dead type shows, as well as watching Face Off, and the Fanboy costume shows I can see you have a lot of talent, and a great artistic eye.
    http://www.justusboys.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic216959_1.gif

  36. #36

    Re: My Art :)

    You are very talented - thanks for posting.

  37. #37
    Come again? dereperez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Bisexual
    Posts
    3,606
    Blog Entries
    5

    Code of Conduct

    Re: My Art :)

    Thanks for sharing your work with us...wow, they are amazing. I think you will become very successful with this. Never give up on your dream.

  38. #38
    On the Prowl CageAta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    116

    Code of Conduct

    Re: My Art :)

    Thanks everyone for your kind words!! You guys are the best !!

  39. #39

    Re: My Art :)

    Oohh..CageAta- I couldn't see the first half of your work -_-
    I rather see your later pretty stuff

    you should open a tumblr- or something.

  40. #40
    On the Prowl CageAta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    116

    Code of Conduct

    Re: My Art :)

    Quote Originally Posted by JPGhost View Post
    Oohh..CageAta- I couldn't see the first half of your work -_-
    I rather see your later pretty stuff

    you should open a tumblr- or something.
    Haha fair enought JPGhost :P I tried with tumblr but I just dont understand it, I do have a pinterest though..

    http://www.pinterest.com/

    https://www.facebook.com/cajunataphotography

  41. #41

    Re: My Art :)

    ^
    ottay

    The post 29 is intriguing, I wish I knew the back-story ^^

  42. #42
    The nice guy from Nice. dpnice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Orientation
    Gay
    Posts
    7,425
    Blog Entries
    295

    Code of Conduct

    Re: My Art :)

    Quote Originally Posted by JPGhost View Post

    The post 29 is intriguing, I wish I knew the back-story
    I would also appreciate knowing the history behind the photograph of the Eiffel Tower on your Facebook page.
    http://justusboys.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=72786&dateline=115443  2352

  43. #43
    On the Prowl CageAta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    116

    Code of Conduct

    Re: My Art :)

    Quote Originally Posted by JPGhost View Post
    ^
    ottay

    The post 29 is intriguing, I wish I knew the back-story ^^

    The photos that are of a woman photographed in a alley way was for a university project. We were only allowed to use vernacular lens based cameras as well. The ideas that were running through my mind at the time was taking this gorgeous girl, this blond stiletto wearing fashionesta and re-presenting her - the twist on the tumblr girl, she may have thousands of followers but shes really dead inside, alone.

    The other photographs were the idea of a body being only a sexual vessel. Identity is nothing, neither personality as they hide their face with some sort of facade.

  44. #44
    On the Prowl CageAta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    116

    Code of Conduct

    Re: My Art :)

    Quote Originally Posted by dpnice View Post
    I would also appreciate knowing the history behind the photograph of the Eiffel Tower on your Facebook page.
    It is my expression of a memory... My mother often fashioned quirky new beginnings to broken and old things. Offering new life despite how broken or how beyond repair it may have been. I often found myself watching her fasten builders tape around the kitchen table leg, knowing that it could not hold its weight. It’s that repetitive action, that imperfect, perfect kitchen table. From windows and walls, to fax machines and floors she always seemed to find imperfection and fix it with the imperfect. These memories and photographs are just the same. To me they are my ‘perfect’ representation of my life and home on the farm, yet the truth of it all is limitation. We can never truly remember memories as they were, pieces are left behind and it is up to us to fill in the ugly gaps and make it beautiful again.

  45. #45

    Re: My Art :)

    Quote Originally Posted by CageAta View Post
    The photos that are of a woman photographed in a alley way was for a university project. We were only allowed to use vernacular lens based cameras as well. The ideas that were running through my mind at the time was taking this gorgeous girl, this blond stiletto wearing fashionesta and re-presenting her - the twist on the tumblr girl, she may have thousands of followers but shes really dead inside, alone.

    The other photographs were the idea of a body being only a sexual vessel. Identity is nothing, neither personality as they hide their face with some sort of facade.
    I knew it! True artist must have sort of ideas running behind when he's creating art, it couldn't be just blank/uninspired ^^
    I like the tumblr- girl idea, really captured your piece.

    xoxo

  46. #46
    JUB Addict loveguys72's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    1,335

    Code of Conduct

    Re: My Art :)

    You're very talented, Cage, with an excellent eye for form. Best wishes as you hone your craft!

  47. #47
    Dejavudoo
    Guest

    Re: My Art :)

    Quote Originally Posted by CageAta View Post
    It is my expression of a memory... My mother often fashioned quirky new beginnings to broken and old things. Offering new life despite how broken or how beyond repair it may have been. I often found myself watching her fasten builders tape around the kitchen table leg, knowing that it could not hold its weight. It’s that repetitive action, that imperfect, perfect kitchen table. From windows and walls, to fax machines and floors she always seemed to find imperfection and fix it with the imperfect. These memories and photographs are just the same. To me they are my ‘perfect’ representation of my life and home on the farm, yet the truth of it all is limitation. We can never truly remember memories as they were, pieces are left behind and it is up to us to fill in the ugly gaps and make it beautiful again.
    Wait a minute, wait a minute. Did you just call Duct Tape "imperfect"? Sheesh, ya didn't even capitalize its name. You artists got no revrance!









    Beautiful writeup, btw, youngun'.

  48. #48
    Reunited
    medic1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Edinburgh Scotland
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Partnered
    Posts
    6,371
    Blog Entries
    12

    Code of Conduct

    Re: My Art :)

    What a great thread. You most certainly have a unique talent. I wish you success, oh yeah welcome to JUB.

  49. #49

    Re: My Art :)

    ^indeed, welcome to JUB.

    So talented and sexy. yay!


    Some beautiful work there, great eye.

  50. #50
    On the Prowl CageAta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    116

    Code of Conduct

    Re: My Art :)

    Quote Originally Posted by Dejavudoo View Post
    Wait a minute, wait a minute. Did you just call Duct Tape "imperfect"? Sheesh, ya didn't even capitalize its name. You artists got no revrance!









    Beautiful writeup, btw, youngun'.
    Hahaha what I was expressing is that using duct tape to fix a table leg is less than ideal, its a imperfect or improper tool to use to fix the imperfect table Thankyou!!

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by ElmosToe View Post
    ^indeed, welcome to JUB.

    So talented and sexy. yay!


    Some beautiful work there, great eye.
    Cheers mate!!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | About JustUsBoys.com | Site Map | RSS | Webmasters | Advertise | Link to JUB | Report A Bug on this Page

Visit our sister sites: Broke Straight Boys | CollegeDudes.com | CollegeBoyPhysicals.com | RocketTube
All models appearing on JustUsBoys.com were over 18 at the time of photography. The records for sexually explicit images required by U.S. 2257 are kept by the
individual producers of the images. The location of the records is available by clicking the Custodian of Records link at the bottom of each gallery page.
© 2012 JustUsBoys.com. The JustUsBoys.com name and logo are registered trademarks. Labeled with ICRA and RTA. Member of ASACP and The Free Speech Coalition.