JustUsBoys.com gay porn forum

logo

remove these banner ads by becoming a JUB Supporter.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 34
Results 151 to 190 of 190
  1. #151
    I need water Kabluey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    New Zealand
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Bisexual
    Status
    Partnered
    Posts
    4,940

    Code of Conduct
    Quote Originally Posted by Rolyo85 View Post

    Totally. I am all about the vag now.

    What fragile ego though? Please elaborate. Just because I have the arrogance to assume I can analyze people and that occasionally I see more than they (are willing to) do, doesn't actually reveal any "fears" on my part. I also dare you to tell me what this has revealed about my past history.

    As for prejudices, I freely admit I am very prejudiced toward homosexuals who don't have the balls to call themselves that while being supposedly "out" as anything but gay.
    I smell a diversion.
    You're more transparent than you think.
    Maybe you should take a little time out.
    Blah blah blah, something enigmatic sounding...

  2. #152
    JUB Addict Taz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    5,894
    Blog Entries
    12

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Bisexuals - do you have a preference?

    Whatever Kabluey. You don't get to choose how you identify.
    You show courage the brave dream of

    Gallop on my old warhorse

  3. #153
    Impish and Mercurial Rolyo85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Boystown, Chicago
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    8,679

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Bisexuals - do you have a preference?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kabluey View Post
    I smell a diversion.
    You're more transparent than you think.
    Maybe you should take a little time out.
    No, I smell a diversion. Or do you not like it when people call you out on your bizarre generic accusations? You said my posts here reveal stuff. Share with the class what that stuff is or don't make claims you can't support.
    Last edited by Rolyo85; November 20th, 2013 at 01:53 AM.
    That we are capable only of being what we are, remains our unforgivable sin.
    - Gene Wolfe

  4. #154
    Impish and Mercurial Rolyo85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Boystown, Chicago
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    8,679

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Bisexuals - do you have a preference?

    Quote Originally Posted by Taz View Post
    Whatever Kabluey. You don't get to choose how you identify.
    I broke a blanket in half. Do you get where I'm going with this?
    That we are capable only of being what we are, remains our unforgivable sin.
    - Gene Wolfe

  5. #155
    JUB Addict Taz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    5,894
    Blog Entries
    12

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Bisexuals - do you have a preference?

    Whatever Roylo, you get to define an entire facet of sexuality.
    You show courage the brave dream of

    Gallop on my old warhorse

  6. #156
    The old familiar sting blackbeltninja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Cape Town; the arse-end of the Dark Continent
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Bisexual
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    9,604
    Blog Entries
    17

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Bisexuals - do you have a preference?

    Quote Originally Posted by Rolyo85 View Post
    You said my posts here reveal stuff. Share with the class what that stuff is or don't make claims you can't support.
    G_d, where to start?

    I'll summarise:
    1. Like GiancarloC, you're always right, even when you're wrong.
    2. You're often wrong.





    Oh... and 3.


    -d-
    Last edited by blackbeltninja; November 20th, 2013 at 06:04 AM.
    Members: [insert appropriate/relevant wise saying or deep thought here]
    Thank you.


    I hope you get this message.
    Comments welcome.

  7. #157
    Formulas Fatal to Flesh.
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Posts
    8,678
    Blog Entries
    1

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Bisexuals - do you have a preference?

    Quote Originally Posted by Rolyo85 View Post
    I just know better than everyone else. It's such a heavy burden (._. )
    The first step is always acknowledging you have a problem.

    Maybe one day you'll get around to fixing it.

    You really do remind me of GiancarloC - one step short of declaring himself omnipotent.
    Last edited by MoufOfKhaos; November 20th, 2013 at 07:55 AM.

  8. #158
    Dance like Machines MakeDigitalLove's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Voorhees
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Partnered
    Posts
    1,741

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Bisexuals - do you have a preference?

    Quote Originally Posted by cgymike View Post
    ^I am trisexual!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


    Oh YES I am......


    Self-proclaimed sexuality with no basis in reality just like the bi lie....
    But you don't know anything about reality.

  9. #159
    Impish and Mercurial Rolyo85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Boystown, Chicago
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    8,679

    Code of Conduct
    Quote Originally Posted by blackbeltninja View Post

    G_d, where to start?

    I'll summarise:
    1. Like GiancarloC, you're always right, even when you're wrong.
    2. You're often wrong.

    Oh... and 3.

    -d-
    Another low rent post. Really, are you sure you are old enough to be on this forum?
    That we are capable only of being what we are, remains our unforgivable sin.
    - Gene Wolfe

  10. #160
    wandering nomad ElmosToe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Curious
    Posts
    5,424

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Bisexuals - do you have a preference?


  11. #161
    Come again? dereperez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Bisexual
    Posts
    3,459
    Blog Entries
    5

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Bisexuals - do you have a preference?

    Quote Originally Posted by Rolyo85 View Post
    Totally. I am all about the vag now.

    What fragile ego though? Please elaborate. Just because I have the arrogance to assume I can analyze people and that occasionally I see more than they (are willing to) do, doesn't actually reveal any "fears" on my part. I also dare you to tell me what this has revealed about my past history.

    As for prejudices, I freely admit I am very prejudiced toward homosexuals who don't have the balls to call themselves that while being supposedly "out" as anything but gay.
    And why does it affect you so much? Isn't it their problem if they are in the closet? How does it negatively impact you personally in any way?

  12. #162
    The old familiar sting blackbeltninja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Cape Town; the arse-end of the Dark Continent
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Bisexual
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    9,604
    Blog Entries
    17

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Bisexuals - do you have a preference?

    Quote Originally Posted by Rolyo85 View Post
    Another low rent post.
    Well, use of highfalutin, new-fangled tactics like logic and facts has failed dismally, so I'm changing tack.

    Interesting that you expect excellence from us, and then ignore it. Something to think about, perhaps?

    Quote Originally Posted by Rolyo85 View Post
    Really, are you sure you are old enough to be on this forum?
    Pretty sure, yeah.

    -d-
    Members: [insert appropriate/relevant wise saying or deep thought here]
    Thank you.


    I hope you get this message.
    Comments welcome.

  13. #163
    Impish and Mercurial Rolyo85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Boystown, Chicago
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    8,679

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Bisexuals - do you have a preference?

    Quote Originally Posted by dereperez View Post
    And why does it affect you so much? Isn't it their problem if they are in the closet? How does it negatively impact you personally in any way?
    I already explained it earlier in the thread:

    1. The gay community is harmed by every person who refuses to embrace being gay. I don't mean closeted people, but those who are "out", but refuse to be called "gay". It enforces the wrong stereotype that being "gay" makes you a feminine bar queen and anyone who isn't like that should steer clear of the word.

    2. The bisexual community is harmed by every GAY person who claims to be bi, because every time a "bisexual" gay boy cheats on his girlfriend because he isn't really into pussy, society says "oh, bisexuals can't be trusted, they can never be faithful", when he wasn't "bi" to begin with. Meanwhile, on the other end, gay people refuse to believe ANYONE who claims he's bi, because so many of us lie to themselves to feel less "gay". Which, again, harms the REAL bisexuals.

    While neither of those has brought an angry mob directly at my door, EVERYTHING that casts sexual minorities in a negative light affects the general attitude toward us, and the general attitude toward us affects us all, including personally me. There is a reason why up until so very few years ago, LGBT rights were plodding at a snail pace, and that's because so many of us fight tooth and nail to not be identified as "gay". I do feel personally affected by this in a number of ways.

    I hope that answers your question. I tried to be sincere and not fight.
    That we are capable only of being what we are, remains our unforgivable sin.
    - Gene Wolfe

  14. #164
    Impish and Mercurial Rolyo85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Boystown, Chicago
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    8,679

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Bisexuals - do you have a preference?

    Quote Originally Posted by blackbeltninja View Post
    Well, use of highfalutin, new-fangled tactics like logic and facts has failed dismally, so I'm changing tack.

    Interesting that you expect excellence from us, and then ignore it. Something to think about, perhaps?



    Pretty sure, yeah.

    -d-
    I am sorry, do you really see excellence in your posts? Because so far, the only thing your posts have affected, is your post count.
    That we are capable only of being what we are, remains our unforgivable sin.
    - Gene Wolfe

  15. #165
    The old familiar sting blackbeltninja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Cape Town; the arse-end of the Dark Continent
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Bisexual
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    9,604
    Blog Entries
    17

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Bisexuals - do you have a preference?

    ^Since you disregard every point raised by anyone whose position doesn't wholeheartedly and flag-wavingly agree with you, would it matter?

    Be honest.

    -d-
    Members: [insert appropriate/relevant wise saying or deep thought here]
    Thank you.


    I hope you get this message.
    Comments welcome.

  16. #166
    PerScientiam AdJustitiam bankside's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    The Middle of Snowwhere.
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Married (to a man)
    Posts
    15,965
    Blog Entries
    2

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Bisexuals - do you have a preference?

    Quote Originally Posted by Rolyo85 View Post
    I am sorry, do you really see excellence in your posts? Because so far, the only thing your posts have affected, is your post count.
    Rolyo what a simple reply. I must say there is nothing convincing in your own posts on this topic, nothing at all. You act authoritatively until someone calls you on your facts, and then retreat to saying "It's just my opinion."

    Well, that's even easier. Your opinion just isn't convincing. While some gay people make a fake claim to the bisexual label due to a desire to hang on to some kind of straightness, bisexual people are real and, once any reasonable account is made for the effects of oppressive socialization, their numbers are far greater than you are willing to permit.
    Americans need to keep their guns so they can protect themselves from gun violence just like Nancy Lanza did. And like Chris Kyle did. And like Gabby Giffords did. And like Tom Clements did. And like Michael Piemonte. And Joseph Wilcox.

  17. #167
    The old familiar sting blackbeltninja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Cape Town; the arse-end of the Dark Continent
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Bisexual
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    9,604
    Blog Entries
    17

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Bisexuals - do you have a preference?

    Quote Originally Posted by Rolyo85 View Post
    I already explained it earlier in the thread:

    1. The gay community is harmed by every person who refuses to embrace being gay. I don't mean closeted people, but those who are "out", but refuse to be called "gay". It enforces the wrong stereotype that being "gay" makes you a feminine bar queen and anyone who isn't like that should steer clear of the word.

    2. The bisexual community is harmed by every GAY person who claims to be bi, because every time a "bisexual" gay boy cheats on his girlfriend because he isn't really into pussy, society says "oh, bisexuals can't be trusted, they can never be faithful", when he wasn't "bi" to begin with. Meanwhile, on the other end, gay people refuse to believe ANYONE who claims he's bi, because so many of us lie to themselves to feel less "gay". Which, again, harms the REAL bisexuals.

    While neither of those has brought an angry mob directly at my door, EVERYTHING that casts sexual minorities in a negative light affects the general attitude toward us, and the general attitude toward us affects us all, including personally me. There is a reason why up until so very few years ago, LGBT rights were plodding at a snail pace, and that's because so many of us fight tooth and nail to not be identified as "gay". I do feel personally affected by this in a number of ways.

    I hope that answers your question. I tried to be sincere and not fight.
    Credit where it is due, this is a good post.

    -d-
    Members: [insert appropriate/relevant wise saying or deep thought here]
    Thank you.


    I hope you get this message.
    Comments welcome.

  18. #168
    Come again? dereperez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Bisexual
    Posts
    3,459
    Blog Entries
    5

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Bisexuals - do you have a preference?

    Quote Originally Posted by Rolyo85 View Post
    I already explained it earlier in the thread:

    1. The gay community is harmed by every person who refuses to embrace being gay. I don't mean closeted people, but those who are "out", but refuse to be called "gay". It enforces the wrong stereotype that being "gay" makes you a feminine bar queen and anyone who isn't like that should steer clear of the word.

    2. The bisexual community is harmed by every GAY person who claims to be bi, because every time a "bisexual" gay boy cheats on his girlfriend because he isn't really into pussy, society says "oh, bisexuals can't be trusted, they can never be faithful", when he wasn't "bi" to begin with. Meanwhile, on the other end, gay people refuse to believe ANYONE who claims he's bi, because so many of us lie to themselves to feel less "gay". Which, again, harms the REAL bisexuals.

    While neither of those has brought an angry mob directly at my door, EVERYTHING that casts sexual minorities in a negative light affects the general attitude toward us, and the general attitude toward us affects us all, including personally me. There is a reason why up until so very few years ago, LGBT rights were plodding at a snail pace, and that's because so many of us fight tooth and nail to not be identified as "gay". I do feel personally affected by this in a number of ways.

    I hope that answers your question. I tried to be sincere and not fight.
    Good points and thank you for your clarification without resorting to mud-slinging.

    One wonders why you couldn't have posted similarly to begin with to explain your stance. Seems like there was a bit of tit-for-tat going on in this thread.
    Last edited by dereperez; November 20th, 2013 at 11:59 PM.

  19. #169
    Impish and Mercurial Rolyo85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Boystown, Chicago
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    8,679

    Code of Conduct
    Quote Originally Posted by bankside View Post
    While some gay people make a fake claim to the bisexual label due to a desire to hang on to some kind of straightness, bisexual people are real and, once any reasonable account is made for the effects of oppressive socialization, their numbers are far greater than you are willing to permit.
    I have not for a second disputed anything in this quote.

    Except for the last part which neither of us can really prove either way until homos stop stealing the term.
    That we are capable only of being what we are, remains our unforgivable sin.
    - Gene Wolfe

  20. #170
    Impish and Mercurial Rolyo85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Boystown, Chicago
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    8,679

    Code of Conduct
    Quote Originally Posted by dereperez View Post

    Good points and thank you for your clarification without resorting to mud-slinging.

    One wonders why you couldn't have posted similarly to begin with to explain your stance. Seems like there was a bit of tit-for-tat going on in this thread.
    Well, in my defense, abrasive tone or not, I said the exact same things earlier
    That we are capable only of being what we are, remains our unforgivable sin.
    - Gene Wolfe

  21. #171
    JUB Addict Taz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    5,894
    Blog Entries
    12

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Bisexuals - do you have a preference?

    Is a bisexual who prefers women considered bisexual?
    You show courage the brave dream of

    Gallop on my old warhorse

  22. #172
    Elderhostile Gay Dejavudoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Albuquerque
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Available
    Posts
    5,946

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Bisexuals - do you have a preference?

    Quote Originally Posted by Rolyo85 View Post
    . . . those who are "out", but refuse to be called "gay". It enforces the wrong stereotype that being "gay" makes you a feminine bar queen and anyone who isn't like that should steer clear of the word.
    And what would be the right stereotype?

    Until the outspoken segments of gay men stop adding connotations to "gay" (bars, fem, socially Left, counter-cultural, glam, egotistical, catty, muscle-worship, polyamorous, whatever. . . ), one really cannot fault any gay man from eschewing a label that carries some sort of combo pack. As a man who is attracted to other men sexually, I have no onus to necessarily endorse any trappings of other men's preferences, be they S&M, bar culture, prostitution, or the like. That doesn't mean I am campaigning against those things, but I have every right to be identified as an individual, not as a trope.

    When gay men stop stereotyping their own group, we will see the larger culture follow.

    For my own part, I never wanted to be gay due to the social ostracizing, but I never had trouble admitting I was gay nor telling close friends that I was.

    gay people refuse to believe ANYONE who claims he's bi, because so many of us lie to themselves to feel less "gay". Which, again, harms the REAL bisexuals.
    This analysis leaves out the delusional population among gays, no matter how small, who insist on seeing much larger percentages of gayness among the straight population. For them, with a little over-application of Kinsey and others who stretched the meaning of same-sex attraction, they easily see every other man as hiding in a straight relationship. Pure delusion. By extension, every anti-gay man is automatically closeted. It becomes a silly game of "you only say that because you're really gay."
    Last edited by Dejavudoo; November 21st, 2013 at 02:29 AM.
    There are TWO kinds of people in the world -- the kind who believe there are two kinds of people, and the kind who don't.

  23. #173
    Come again? dereperez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Bisexual
    Posts
    3,459
    Blog Entries
    5

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Bisexuals - do you have a preference?

    Quote Originally Posted by Taz View Post
    Is a bisexual who prefers women considered bisexual?
    I think based on some of the definitions given in this thread-ictionary, bisexuals are closet gays with preferences to only men.

  24. #174
    Reunited
    medic1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Edinburgh Scotland
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Partnered
    Posts
    5,970
    Blog Entries
    12

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Bisexuals - do you have a preference?

    Sometimes I wish that were true!

  25. #175
    Formulas Fatal to Flesh.
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Posts
    8,678
    Blog Entries
    1

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Bisexuals - do you have a preference?

    Quote Originally Posted by Rolyo85 View Post
    Well, in my defense, abrasive tone or not, I said the exact same things earlier
    The first thing you said was if you have a preference, you're not bi.

    Your answer after 4 pages is wholly different than that.

    Let's be real here.

  26. #176
    Impish and Mercurial Rolyo85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Boystown, Chicago
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    8,679

    Code of Conduct
    Quote Originally Posted by Dejavudoo View Post

    And what would be the right stereotype?

    Until the outspoken segments of gay men stop adding connotations to "gay" (bars, fem, socially Left, counter-cultural, glam, egotistical, catty, muscle-worship, polyamorous, whatever. . . ), one really cannot fault any gay man from eschewing a label that carries some sort of combo pack. As a man who is attracted to other men sexually, I have no onus to necessarily endorse any trappings of other men's preferences, be they S&M, bar culture, prostitution, or the like. That doesn't mean I am campaigning against those things, but I have every right to be identified as an individual, not as a trope.

    When gay men stop stereotyping their own group, we will see the larger culture follow.
    Nobody is immune from stereotyping. We get stereotyped every day, based on a million factors. Often inaccurately. But I don't deny I'm a geek because people might assume I'm a bespectacled virgin, or that I'm a musician because people will assume I'm in a band and do drugs. I don't see a difference with being gay.

    Furthermore, living in the gayborhood of a major city, I see a vastly more diverse gay scene than the one anti-"gay stereotypes" people on JUB usually describe, which makes me think that at best they have a very limited exposure to actual scene, and at worst - that THEY are the ones stereotyping without actual respect for truth.
    That we are capable only of being what we are, remains our unforgivable sin.
    - Gene Wolfe

  27. #177
    PerScientiam AdJustitiam bankside's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    The Middle of Snowwhere.
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Married (to a man)
    Posts
    15,965
    Blog Entries
    2

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Bisexuals - do you have a preference?

    Quote Originally Posted by Rolyo85 View Post
    I have not for a second disputed anything in this quote.

    Except for the last part which neither of us can really prove either way until homos stop stealing the term.
    Your response is what's called "begging the question."
    Americans need to keep their guns so they can protect themselves from gun violence just like Nancy Lanza did. And like Chris Kyle did. And like Gabby Giffords did. And like Tom Clements did. And like Michael Piemonte. And Joseph Wilcox.

  28. #178
    Impish and Mercurial Rolyo85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Boystown, Chicago
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    8,679

    Code of Conduct
    Quote Originally Posted by MoufOfKhaos View Post

    The first thing you said was if you have a preference, you're not bi.

    Your answer after 4 pages is wholly different than that.

    Let's be real here.
    It only really needs minor tweaking. I'd say the updated version would be "if you have a STRONG AND CONSISTENT preference that you usually act on." And I stand by that.
    That we are capable only of being what we are, remains our unforgivable sin.
    - Gene Wolfe

  29. #179
    In Heat............ BENDERBOY's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Edinburgh, Scotland.
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    102,269

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Bisexuals - do you have a preference?

    Some people like cock, some like minge, and a hardy few like both.
    "You may only be one person to the world, but you may also be the world to one person"
    - anonymous quote.

  30. #180
    Elderhostile Gay Dejavudoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Albuquerque
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Available
    Posts
    5,946

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Bisexuals - do you have a preference?

    Quote Originally Posted by Rolyo85 View Post
    THEY are the ones stereotyping without actual respect for truth.
    And you have restated my assertion: gay men create gay stereotypes in an assertive way much more often than those who are averse to the stereotype. In so doing, they seek to craft the image of gays, which is a fallacy. There is no gay type. Men who are attracted to other men are it, period. No other appropriations of homosexuality are valid.

    And because you are comfortable being assumed to be bespectacled doesn't mean others can or should be comfortable with being mistaken for a Nellie, an Uncle Tom, a cracker, a thug, or any other stereotype.
    There are TWO kinds of people in the world -- the kind who believe there are two kinds of people, and the kind who don't.

  31. #181
    JUB Addict mikey3000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Toronto
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Bisexual
    Status
    Married
    Posts
    3,195

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Bisexuals - do you have a preference?

    Inspired - but too tired.

  32. #182
    PerScientiam AdJustitiam bankside's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    The Middle of Snowwhere.
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Married (to a man)
    Posts
    15,965
    Blog Entries
    2

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Bisexuals - do you have a preference?

    Quote Originally Posted by mikey3000 View Post
    Ahh! Fantastic insight, thank you for finding that.
    Americans need to keep their guns so they can protect themselves from gun violence just like Nancy Lanza did. And like Chris Kyle did. And like Gabby Giffords did. And like Tom Clements did. And like Michael Piemonte. And Joseph Wilcox.

  33. #183
    JUB Addict mikey3000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Toronto
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Bisexual
    Status
    Married
    Posts
    3,195

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Bisexuals - do you have a preference?

    I just find it amazing that a segment of society who has been oppressed and struggled long throughout history sees itself fit to deny the existence of another marginalized segment. How typical. Discrimination amongst our own ranks. Maybe that is EXACTLY why many choose to not identify as gay. Too many restrictions. Equal rights means equal for all fellas!
    Inspired - but too tired.

  34. #184
    Impish and Mercurial Rolyo85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Boystown, Chicago
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    8,679

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Bisexuals - do you have a preference?

    Of the many users who have posted in this topic, literally only one has denied the existence of bisexuals. I'd say we should stop acting like it's some evil tidal wave of denial

    Meanwhile, to answer Dejavudoo, gay identity and gay culture do exist. You're welcome to hate it and stay away from it, but as someone railing against the denial of bisexuality, I'd expect you'd think twice before actually denying it.
    That we are capable only of being what we are, remains our unforgivable sin.
    - Gene Wolfe

  35. #185
    Elderhostile Gay Dejavudoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Albuquerque
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Available
    Posts
    5,946

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Bisexuals - do you have a preference?

    Quote Originally Posted by mikey3000 View Post
    I just find it amazing that a segment of society who has been oppressed and struggled long throughout history sees itself fit to deny the existence of another marginalized segment. How typical. Discrimination amongst our own ranks. Maybe that is EXACTLY why many choose to not identify as gay. Too many restrictions. Equal rights means equal for all fellas!
    That's a bit Pollyanna. Your suggestion that being oppressed means that oppressed groups do not in turn oppress others is almost silly. The world over, marginalized groups oppress other groups, view other marginalized groups as inferior. Examples are so numerous, it is almost pointless to cite them. If your supposed premise were valid, Black Americans would have never ostracized gay men, but quite the opposite is true, now isn't it?

    Jewish people would not be the racists who view gays, goys, blacks, or whomever as inferior.

    Chinese Americans would be fast friends of Blacks and Latinos here. That ain't true, now is it, despite some younger Americans being exceptions.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rolyo85 View Post
    Meanwhile, to answer Dejavudoo, gay identity and gay culture do exist. You're welcome to hate it and stay away from it, but as someone railing against the denial of bisexuality, I'd expect you'd think twice before actually denying it.
    I'm not railing against the denial of bisexuality. I'm posting realism about why anyone would choose to reject "gay' as a label.

    And I haven't come close to voicing hatred of a gay SUBculture. As usual, you restate another's position in order to create a plausible basis for your own exaggeration of your positions. I say, and repeat, that there is NO gay culture, only subcultures repeatedly asserted as THE gay community and culture.

    The truth is that the subculture that claims the moniker "gay culture" only represents a small fraction of gay men. The ones who do not identify as gay above other descriptors would, with reason, not want to be identified as gay before middle class, educated, black, country, urban, or whatever culture those men DO identify with. I assert those men constitute a majority, and are not closeted per se, but do not choose to identify sexuality as a culture, no more than their straight friends choose to identify as part of "straight" culture before other descriptors.

    Sexuality is not, for the majority of men, the first and most prominent identifier of self, no matter how fundamental it is. And, as gays are more and more accepted as just other people, there will be less and less of the gay subculture to survive over time.

    Like yours, mine is a subjective assessment, and I'm quite happy to stand by it without proof, just as you do your assertions.
    Last edited by Dejavudoo; November 21st, 2013 at 08:03 PM.
    There are TWO kinds of people in the world -- the kind who believe there are two kinds of people, and the kind who don't.

  36. #186
    wandering nomad ElmosToe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Curious
    Posts
    5,424

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Bisexuals - do you have a preference?

    ^thank you Mikey.

  37. #187
    Impish and Mercurial Rolyo85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Boystown, Chicago
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    8,679

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Bisexuals - do you have a preference?

    1. The subculture that claims the moniker "gay culture" might represent a small fraction of gay men, but most certainly represents the majority of COMPLETELY OUT gay men. Because nobody is "enforcing" gay culture, and therefore if the majority of out gays felt differently, gay culture would reflect that.

    2. Sexuality is one of the biggest and most profound aspects of who you are as a person. The only people who feel the need to state loudly that their sexuality is just a small part of who they are, are gay men. Coincidence?
    That we are capable only of being what we are, remains our unforgivable sin.
    - Gene Wolfe

  38. #188
    JUB Addict mikey3000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Toronto
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Bisexual
    Status
    Married
    Posts
    3,195

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Bisexuals - do you have a preference?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dejavudoo View Post
    That's a bit Pollyanna. Your suggestion that being oppressed means that oppressed groups do not in turn oppress others is almost silly. The world over, groups oppress other groups, view other marginalized groups as inferior. Examples are so numerous, it is almost pointless to cite them. If your supposed premise were valid, Black Americans would have never ostracized gay men, but quite the opposite is true, now isn't it?

    Jewish people would not be the racists who view gays, goys, blacks, or whomever as inferior.

    Chinese Americans would be fast friends of Blacks and Latinos here. That ain't true, now is it, despite some younger Americans being exceptions.
    Just because it happens doesn't mean it's ok. And I'm comparing apples (gay men) to apples (bi men), not oranges to bananas or pears.

    But wow, kudos to you. That is the first time I've ever seen anyone try to rationalize discrimination.
    Inspired - but too tired.

  39. #189
    wandering nomad ElmosToe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Curious
    Posts
    5,424

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Bisexuals - do you have a preference?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dejavudoo View Post
    Sexuality is not, for the majority of men, the first and most prominent identifier of self, no matter how fundamental it is. And, as gays are more and more accepted as just other people, there will be less and less of the gay subculture to survive over time.
    ^well said.

  40. #190
    Elderhostile Gay Dejavudoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Albuquerque
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Available
    Posts
    5,946

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Bisexuals - do you have a preference?

    ^^You missed the point. It wasn't to say discrimination is OK. It is to say that to expect virtue from gay men because they are part of a marginalized minority is both fallacious and not born out by human behavior.

    Gay men are no different than other humans in their propensity to be discriminatory. I see very little evidence on JUB of a lack of discriminatory views and that isn't limited to bisexuals.

    Of course we should be accepting of bisexuals, but suggesting that we are somehow virtuous by being victims ourselves is not a realistic assessment of gay men as a whole.

    The men who are thoughtful and empathetic are the ones who will be accepting.

    My point is again that there is no inherent virtue in being gay. We are just like the dominant heterosexual population.
    Last edited by Dejavudoo; November 21st, 2013 at 08:08 PM.
    There are TWO kinds of people in the world -- the kind who believe there are two kinds of people, and the kind who don't.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | About JustUsBoys.com | Site Map | RSS | Webmasters | Advertise | Link to JUB | Report A Bug on this Page

Visit our sister sites: Broke Straight Boys | CollegeDudes.com | CollegeBoyPhysicals.com | RocketTube
All models appearing on JustUsBoys.com were over 18 at the time of photography. The records for sexually explicit images required by U.S. 2257 are kept by the
individual producers of the images. The location of the records is available by clicking the Custodian of Records link at the bottom of each gallery page.
© 2012 JustUsBoys.com. The JustUsBoys.com name and logo are registered trademarks. Labeled with ICRA and RTA. Member of ASACP and The Free Speech Coalition.