JustUsBoys.com gay porn forum

logo

remove these banner ads by becoming a JUB Supporter.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 23
Results 101 to 108 of 108
  1. #101
    Know thyself kallipolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Piraeus, Greece
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Partnered
    Posts
    11,140

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Odd anti-social behavior

    Quote Originally Posted by Kulindahr View Post
    But there is a subset of people who are 'immune' to its addictive qualities. Beyond that, it depends a great deal on frequency, dose, and metabolism. So just because he was on Xanax a long time doesn't confirm he was addicted; it's possible the doc left him on it a long time because it was evident he wasn't getting addicted.

    I'm still far more concerned about the competence of the doctor.
    I'd be much more concerned for the apparent "professional" qualifications of the patient addicted to Xanax attempting to impose their treatment regime on their physician.

    I also have to concern my self with mental health challenges demonstrated by patients dependent on Xanax for years.

  2. #102
    Bammer's Papa
    Kulindahr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    on the foggy, damp, redneck Oregon coast
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Bisexual
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    101,872
    Blog Entries
    78

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Odd anti-social behavior

    Quote Originally Posted by kallipolis View Post
    I'd be much more concerned for the apparent "professional" qualifications of the patient addicted to Xanax attempting to impose their treatment regime on their physician.

    I also have to concern my self with mental health challenges demonstrated by patients dependent on Xanax for years.
    Given that we have no evidence of addiction, only the assumption, and the fact that Xanax especially is a medication not to be dropped suddenly but titrated off from, the competence of the doctor is a greater concern here. Any physician who just drops a patient from a potentially addictive mind-altering substance is dabbling in malpractice.

    "Thirty-one* states allow all qualified citizens to carry concealed weapons. In those states, homosexuals should embark on organized efforts to become comfortable with guns, learn to use them safely and carry them. They should set up Pink Pistols task forces, sponsor shooting courses and help homosexuals get licensed to carry. And they should do it in a way that gets as much publicity as possible. "

    --Jonathan Rauch, Salon Magazine, March 13, 2000

    *the number is now forty

  3. #103
    Know thyself kallipolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Piraeus, Greece
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Partnered
    Posts
    11,140

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Odd anti-social behavior

    Quote Originally Posted by Kulindahr View Post
    Given that we have no evidence of addiction, only the assumption, and the fact that Xanax especially is a medication not to be dropped suddenly but titrated off from, the competence of the doctor is a greater concern here. Any physician who just drops a patient from a potentially addictive mind-altering substance is dabbling in malpractice.
    Xanax is an anti-psychotic drug with a well established track record for dependency.

    No sane physician will permit their patient to suspend Xanax cold turkey..there will be a period weaning (titrating) the patient off the medication....I usually estimate 10 days is the optimum.

    Let me explain the modus operandi of Xanax in some detail:

    Our brain manufactures it's own natural Xanax-like substance, called GABA. GABA works by inhibiting the brain's natural tendency to speed up. It's like a brake pedal, where the accelerator is stuck in the pedal-to-the-metal mode. GABA keeps your brain from over-working. Xanax (and other sedatives, and alcohol) works by imitating natural GABA. If you start taking it daily, your brain starts thinking "I guess I don't need to make so much GABA because this Xanax stuff is here, so I'll only make 20% of what I usually make." It takes a week or more for your brain to stop making the GABA (which is why just a few days on Xanax won't lead to much trouble), and a week or more for it to start making it again when you stop taking the Xanax.

    Here's where ones challenges begin. Xanax influence wears off in just a few hours but it takes a week for our brain's natural Xanax to kick back in; what happens in the interim? Withdrawal. What does that feel like? It feels like a panic attack, but worse. High blood pressure, rapid heart beat, tremors, confusion, delirium, hallucinations, seizures. What do patients do when they feel a panic attack coming on? Take another Xanax....so the cycle continues....dependency.

  4. #104
    The nice guy from Nice. dpnice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Orientation
    Gay
    Posts
    7,395
    Blog Entries
    294

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Odd anti-social behavior

    Unfortunately the Internet has "liberated" people from all acceptable social conventions so if you are using social networks as a means of contacting people then you must accept the forms of behaviour that you are illustrating as "normal". Subsequently you should, as already advised, stop letting it worry you.

    I am positive that if you were sitting across a table from the same people that their reactions towards you would be completely different but as I understand this is not a possibility due to your problems of mobility and anxiety attacks. So you have no choice except learning how to deal with it in a rational manner in order that it doesn't effect your mental state.

    There are a large number of sympathetic members here on JUB who will do their upmost to formulate advise suited to another member's problems. But we all base our advice on our own personal experience and not all of us have a large ranging understanding of problems resulting from disabilities and the necessity of some accompanying form of medication. So you should evaluate such suggestions as a means of trying to help you; all made with good intentions even though you may find they are not appropriate to your understanding of your problem.

    As sad as it may sound you should remember that no-one is obliged to communicate with you politely nor indeed create any form of friendship, be it on-line or in the real world. Your only solution is to discover how to live your solitary life with a certain degree of happiness. Solitude is part of many lives and if you are unable to accept it then you will always be unsatisfied with your life.

    Work on making your life enjoyable as much as you can and then you can perhaps start to try to expand your life into the real world and real social interaction. I know it isn't easy but do you have the choice? Do you have any alternative?
    http://justusboys.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=72786&dateline=115443  2352

  5. #105
    Know thyself kallipolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Piraeus, Greece
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Partnered
    Posts
    11,140

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Odd anti-social behavior

    ^Well composed, pragmatic advice.

  6. #106
    JUB Addict m1thousand's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Vancouver area
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    2,287
    Blog Entries
    3

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Odd anti-social behavior

    I was on Xanax for 5 years. I got off it. But I went back on it (.5 mg). Its hard to get off and it tastes horrible!!!

    I couldn't get off in the second time.

  7. #107
    Bammer's Papa
    Kulindahr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    on the foggy, damp, redneck Oregon coast
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Bisexual
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    101,872
    Blog Entries
    78

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Odd anti-social behavior

    Quote Originally Posted by kallipolis View Post
    Xanax is an anti-psychotic drug with a well established track record for dependency.

    No sane physician will permit their patient to suspend Xanax cold turkey..there will be a period weaning (titrating) the patient off the medication....I usually estimate 10 days is the optimum.

    Let me explain the modus operandi of Xanax in some detail:

    Our brain manufactures it's own natural Xanax-like substance, called GABA. GABA works by inhibiting the brain's natural tendency to speed up. It's like a brake pedal, where the accelerator is stuck in the pedal-to-the-metal mode. GABA keeps your brain from over-working. Xanax (and other sedatives, and alcohol) works by imitating natural GABA. If you start taking it daily, your brain starts thinking "I guess I don't need to make so much GABA because this Xanax stuff is here, so I'll only make 20% of what I usually make." It takes a week or more for your brain to stop making the GABA (which is why just a few days on Xanax won't lead to much trouble), and a week or more for it to start making it again when you stop taking the Xanax.

    Here's where ones challenges begin. Xanax influence wears off in just a few hours but it takes a week for our brain's natural Xanax to kick back in; what happens in the interim? Withdrawal. What does that feel like? It feels like a panic attack, but worse. High blood pressure, rapid heart beat, tremors, confusion, delirium, hallucinations, seizures. What do patients do when they feel a panic attack coming on? Take another Xanax....so the cycle continues....dependency.
    I know all that. And we have no evidence that he went through any of that.

    "Thirty-one* states allow all qualified citizens to carry concealed weapons. In those states, homosexuals should embark on organized efforts to become comfortable with guns, learn to use them safely and carry them. They should set up Pink Pistols task forces, sponsor shooting courses and help homosexuals get licensed to carry. And they should do it in a way that gets as much publicity as possible. "

    --Jonathan Rauch, Salon Magazine, March 13, 2000

    *the number is now forty

  8. #108
    Bammer's Papa
    Kulindahr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    on the foggy, damp, redneck Oregon coast
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Bisexual
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    101,872
    Blog Entries
    78

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Odd anti-social behavior

    Quote Originally Posted by dpnice View Post
    Unfortunately the Internet has "liberated" people from all acceptable social conventions so if you are using social networks as a means of contacting people then you must accept the forms of behaviour that you are illustrating as "normal". Subsequently you should, as already advised, stop letting it worry you.

    I am positive that if you were sitting across a table from the same people that their reactions towards you would be completely different but as I understand this is not a possibility due to your problems of mobility and anxiety attacks. So you have no choice except learning how to deal with it in a rational manner in order that it doesn't effect your mental state.

    There are a large number of sympathetic members here on JUB who will do their upmost to formulate advise suited to another member's problems. But we all base our advice on our own personal experience and not all of us have a large ranging understanding of problems resulting from disabilities and the necessity of some accompanying form of medication. So you should evaluate such suggestions as a means of trying to help you; all made with good intentions even though you may find they are not appropriate to your understanding of your problem.

    As sad as it may sound you should remember that no-one is obliged to communicate with you politely nor indeed create any form of friendship, be it on-line or in the real world. Your only solution is to discover how to live your solitary life with a certain degree of happiness. Solitude is part of many lives and if you are unable to accept it then you will always be unsatisfied with your life.

    Work on making your life enjoyable as much as you can and then you can perhaps start to try to expand your life into the real world and real social interaction. I know it isn't easy but do you have the choice? Do you have any alternative?
    Quoted for excellence.

    I'll add that there is the phenomenon -- I won't claim it's widespread -- of internet behavior carrying over into real life, so it isn't all that rare to run into people who are like this in real, not just electronically.

    "Thirty-one* states allow all qualified citizens to carry concealed weapons. In those states, homosexuals should embark on organized efforts to become comfortable with guns, learn to use them safely and carry them. They should set up Pink Pistols task forces, sponsor shooting courses and help homosexuals get licensed to carry. And they should do it in a way that gets as much publicity as possible. "

    --Jonathan Rauch, Salon Magazine, March 13, 2000

    *the number is now forty

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | About JustUsBoys.com | Site Map | RSS | Webmasters | Advertise | Link to JUB | Report A Bug on this Page

Visit our sister sites: Broke Straight Boys | CollegeDudes.com | CollegeBoyPhysicals.com | RocketTube
All models appearing on JustUsBoys.com were over 18 at the time of photography. The records for sexually explicit images required by U.S. 2257 are kept by the
individual producers of the images. The location of the records is available by clicking the Custodian of Records link at the bottom of each gallery page.
© 2012 JustUsBoys.com. The JustUsBoys.com name and logo are registered trademarks. Labeled with ICRA and RTA. Member of ASACP and The Free Speech Coalition.