JustUsBoys.com gay porn forum

logo

remove these banner ads by becoming a JUB Supporter.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 200 of 366
  1. #151
    JUB Addict T-Rexx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    4,682

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Countdown to Government Shutdown

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Springer View Post
    What else will Obama put barricades around?
    I thought you guys were demanding barricades around affordable health care.

    Barricades around Medicaid offices.

    Barricades around food stamp offices.

    Barricades around stem cell research laboratories.

    Barricades around abortion clinics.

    Barricades around polling places.

    Barricades around our national borders.

    Barricades around gay marriage.


    There isn't very much that your party seems to like. But there's a whole lotta things you don't want other people to have.

    You guys put a lot of energy into worrying that people who are not like you might be happy. And a lot of effort into trying to prevent that happiness.

  2. #152
    ecce homo rareboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Partnered
    Posts
    32,831

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Countdown to Government Shutdown

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Springer View Post
    What else will Obama put barricades around?

    He put them around the open air Lincoln Memorial for the first time ever during a lockdown.

    He put them around the open air WWII Memorial to keep 80 and 90 yo men from seeing their Memorial.

    He put them around the open air Korean and Vietname memorials.

    All this is a game for Obama. His treatment of the WWII veterans may come back to bite him in the ass.

    ... a truly spiteful man.
    Is this like when the right wing bobbleheads went apeshit because the White House tours got cancelled because of sequestration?

    Your outrage is so silly, cynical and misplaced. And it isn't Obama who closed these suddenly sacred 'monuments' that, the last time we were there, didn't have anyone else but us looking at them....it is your fellow travellers in the Tea Party who hijacked the business of the nation. There meanness and ignorance is coming back to bite them in the ass.

    ...truly spiteful.

  3. #153

    Re: Countdown to Government Shutdown

    I realize as a Canadian you don't know a lot about the United States.

    Neither the WWII Memorial or the Lincoln Memorial had restrictions on access -- they both lay in an area that is open -- no fences, no barricades. The Obama Administration had to SPEND MONEY and MANPOWER to put up the barricades. The Administration also closed the parking lot at Mount Vernon but were not allowed to close Mount Vernon because it is private ... just crazy.

    These examples are spiteful. Bill Clinton did not do the same in 1995 and I doubt other President acted the way Obama has.

  4. #154
    CE&P Secret Police xbuzzerx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Posts
    10,166

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Countdown to Government Shutdown

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Springer View Post
    I realize as a Canadian you don't know a lot about the United States.

    Neither the WWII Memorial or the Lincoln Memorial had restrictions on access -- they both lay in an area that is open -- no fences, no barricades. The Obama Administration had to SPEND MONEY and MANPOWER to put up the barricades. The Administration also closed the parking lot at Mount Vernon but were not allowed to close Mount Vernon because it is private ... just crazy.

    These examples are spiteful. Bill Clinton did not do the same in 1995 and I doubt other President acted the way Obama has.
    "Spiteful?" It was your party who said of the shutdown that this was no big deal and it was just going to inconvenience some tourists.

    I would imagine the barricades go up if there's absolutely no staffing of these sites to prevent things like vandalism while the government is shutdown. My guess? If they were simply left sitting there completely unattended, and vandalized during this shutdown, I know who you'd blame for it.

  5. #155
    Sex God tigerfan482's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Columbia
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    862

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Countdown to Government Shutdown

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Springer View Post
    I realize as a Canadian you don't know a lot about the United States.

    Neither the WWII Memorial or the Lincoln Memorial had restrictions on access -- they both lay in an area that is open -- no fences, no barricades. The Obama Administration had to SPEND MONEY and MANPOWER to put up the barricades. The Administration also closed the parking lot at Mount Vernon but were not allowed to close Mount Vernon because it is private ... just crazy.

    These examples are spiteful. Bill Clinton did not do the same in 1995 and I doubt other President acted the way Obama has.
    All national parks, including open air ones, are closed. Contrary to your incorrect view, employees of the National Park Service are required (and in attendance) every day to ensure the memorials are maintained, all trash left by visitors is cleaned up, and that people don't damage or vandalize them. Without knowing the full details, I will bet that one of two things is going on with the security: they are either government security personnel that are deemed emergency essential to protect the national parks and monuments while closed or they are contract security personnel whose contract was fully funded through the year and aren't needed elsewhere since the museums and enclosed memorials are closed. I'm sure that if the WWII memorial was damaged due to lack of security, you'd be bitching about that.

    What did people like you think would happen when the government closed down? This was warned about way before the shut down occurred. Did you think that all national parks closing was just a joke? If it takes federal money to run and maintain, then it is closed. It's simple.

  6. #156
    ecce homo rareboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Partnered
    Posts
    32,831

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Countdown to Government Shutdown

    I actually know a lot more about the US than you ever will Jack. Some of us actually get out of the house. In fact the last time we were at the Lincoln Memorial with friends we had a great half hour meeting and walk-about with one of the senior parks rangers. I suppose that it hasn't occurred to you that the Parks Commission has put up protective barriers to help ensure that there is less chance for vandalism and damage while they've all been sent home because of the T-Baggers? No. That wouldn't even cross your mind.

    And still.....of all the things that you should really be concerned about with this shutdown....the only thing that you are obsessing over to a laughably ridiculous degree...is the fact that a couple of tourist attractions are cordoned off. I don't hear you lamenting the fact that all across America, public parks have been shut down or the fact that mothers and children in need are being denied help...the only thing that is stuck in your frontal lobe is the vision of these imaginary 90 year old veterans turning up and not being able to touch a piece of granite.

    Get real Jack.

  7. #157

    Re: Countdown to Government Shutdown

    No conservative is going to desecrate a US national memorial.

    The sad fact is that Obama is trying to make people like WWII veterans who have only a limited time left on this earth suffer.

    I call that spiteful, mean, and uncaring.

  8. #158
    CE&P Secret Police xbuzzerx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Posts
    10,166

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Countdown to Government Shutdown

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Springer View Post
    No conservative is going to desecrate a US national memorial.

    The sad fact is that Obama is trying to make people like WWII veterans who have only a limited time left on this earth suffer.

    I call that spiteful, mean, and uncaring.
    Jack you say this as though Obama, personally, planned this shutdown and closed these monuments.

    You do realize this shutdown is because of Tea Party holdouts in the House, right?

    When the government is shut down I don't understand why you think these monuments would be left open unattended. Where would you even get the idea that would have happened?

    There's nothing illicit or insidious going on here "because of Obama."

  9. #159
    Impish and Mercurial Rolyo85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Boystown, Chicago
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    8,679

    Code of Conduct
    Obama didn't personally close these monuments. That's an automatic procedure in the case of a shut down. It has nothing to do with the president.

    Jack, how do you feel about the mothers who can't feed their children due to government programs being closed?
    That we are capable only of being what we are, remains our unforgivable sin.
    - Gene Wolfe

  10. #160
    Impish and Mercurial Rolyo85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Boystown, Chicago
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    8,679

    Code of Conduct
    Occasionally, mental illness IS something to be ashamed of...

    http://joemygod.blogspot.com/2013/10...anger.html?m=1
    That we are capable only of being what we are, remains our unforgivable sin.
    - Gene Wolfe

  11. #161
    CE&P Secret Police xbuzzerx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Posts
    10,166

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Countdown to Government Shutdown

    I stole that for FB, Rolyo.

  12. #162
    ecce homo rareboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Partnered
    Posts
    32,831

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Countdown to Government Shutdown

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Springer View Post
    No conservative is going to desecrate a US national memorial.

    The sad fact is that Obama is trying to make people like WWII veterans who have only a limited time left on this earth suffer.

    I call that spiteful, mean, and uncaring.
    The more you write, the more ridiculous your rant looks. If anyone is being spiteful, mean and uncaring...it is you, if your only concern with this shutdown is because some old white guy is 'suffering' because he can't visit a monument.

  13. #163

    Re: Countdown to Government Shutdown

    Is that what it is ... you hate white people?

    All this liberal angst is hatred of white people?

  14. #164

    Re: Countdown to Government Shutdown

    Quote Originally Posted by Rolyo85 View Post
    Obama didn't personally close these monuments. That's an automatic procedure in the case of a shut down. It has nothing to do with the president.

    Jack, how do you feel about the mothers who can't feed their children due to government programs being closed?
    NO! The Administration has been preparing for a shutdown for 2 years. The Administration decides what to shut down, who are essential personnel, etc. There is no rule book.

    No one will starve because of this partial shutdown. It's theatrical.

    Someone could die however, Harry Reid will not consider funding for essential support. He flipped off the reporter yesterday who asked about the child with cancer. Of course later he said his comment was misunderstood.

  15. #165
    CE&P Secret Police xbuzzerx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Posts
    10,166

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Countdown to Government Shutdown

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Springer View Post
    Is that what it is ... you hate white people?

    All this liberal angst is hatred of white people?
    His point was that if we talk about who is being hurt by the shutdown you're skipping past a list of much, much worse off people to focus only on veterans not being able to visit a memorial.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Springer View Post
    NO! The Administration has been preparing for a shutdown for 2 years. The Administration decides what to shut down, who are essential personnel, etc. There is no rule book.

    No one will starve because of this partial shutdown. It's theatrical.

    Someone could die however, Harry Reid will not consider funding for essential support. He flipped off the reporter yesterday who asked about the child with cancer. Of course later he said his comment was misunderstood.
    Boehner had ample time to work out a continuation of services deal prior to the shutdown.

    He didn't because he's afraid of the Tea Party.

  16. #166
    FEAR THE LIBERAL DETENTE! TX-Beau's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Austin
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Open Relationship
    Posts
    8,195

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Countdown to Government Shutdown

    All he has to do is introduce a bill WITHOUT the crap the 'baggers are trying to push and this would all go away.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Springer View Post
    Is that what it is ... you hate white people?

    All this liberal angst is hatred of white people?
    Awwwwww, Jack, do you feel like the black man is pissing on you?
    ATTACK OF THE LIBERAL ELITE

  17. #167
    JUB Addict T-Rexx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    4,682

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Countdown to Government Shutdown

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Springer View Post
    Someone could die however, Harry Reid will not consider funding for essential support. He flipped off the reporter yesterday who asked about the child with cancer. Of course later he said his comment was misunderstood.
    If the government is so important to people's survival, why did you people shut it down?

  18. #168
    FEAR THE LIBERAL DETENTE! TX-Beau's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Austin
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Open Relationship
    Posts
    8,195

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Countdown to Government Shutdown

    They don't do logic when they get their talking points.
    ATTACK OF THE LIBERAL ELITE

  19. #169
    Impish and Mercurial Rolyo85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Boystown, Chicago
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    8,679

    Code of Conduct
    The tea party had their bluff called, and now they're trying to make it the dems' fault somehow. Doesn't work that way guys. Own your decisions. You shut the government, you don't get to complain from results of it.
    That we are capable only of being what we are, remains our unforgivable sin.
    - Gene Wolfe

  20. #170
    JUB Addict T-Rexx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    4,682

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Countdown to Government Shutdown

    Quote Originally Posted by TX-Beau View Post
    They don't do logic when they get their talking points.

    And the irony is that they shut it down to try and stop people from getting medical care!

  21. #171
    CE&P Secret Police xbuzzerx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Posts
    10,166

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Countdown to Government Shutdown

    Quote Originally Posted by Rolyo85 View Post
    The tea party had their bluff called, and now they're trying to make it the dems' fault somehow. Doesn't work that way guys. Own your decisions. You shut the government, you don't get to complain from results of it.
    Yeah, all that rhetoric about personality responsibility just EVAPORATES when the GOP does something.

  22. #172
    ecce homo rareboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Partnered
    Posts
    32,831

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Countdown to Government Shutdown

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Springer View Post
    Is that what it is ... you hate white people?

    All this liberal angst is hatred of white people?
    Why would I hate old white guys.... I am probably considered one. But unlike you...I don't think that the whole world revolves around my meaningless needs to have immediate access to every single unnecessary experience that I want, compared to the real needs of the millions of people who are actually existentially threatened by the loss of government services. I think that even thoughtful veterans, considering the needs of the elderly and infirm must be wondering what they hell they fought and many of them died for when their nation can be hijacked by ignorant, greedy and venal T-baggers who are determined to extinguish the post war era creation of the middle class.

    As I've noted. The more you grind on about this silly little 'crisis' that 18 veterans on a bus trip from Bumfuck Arkansas to Washington might face...the more ridiculous your perspective on all of this seems. This is why none of us can take your opinions at all seriously.


    You've got nothing here.

  23. #173
    FEAR THE LIBERAL DETENTE! TX-Beau's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Austin
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Open Relationship
    Posts
    8,195

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Countdown to Government Shutdown

    Quote Originally Posted by Rolyo85 View Post
    The tea party had their bluff called, and now they're trying to make it the dems' fault somehow. Doesn't work that way guys. Own your decisions. You shut the government, you don't get to complain from results of it.
    The 'baggers don't think they're bluffing, Boner has his bluff called, and now the 'Pubs are reaping the spoils of all that gerrymandering they so gleefully pursued.
    ATTACK OF THE LIBERAL ELITE

  24. #174
    CE&P Secret Police xbuzzerx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Posts
    10,166

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Countdown to Government Shutdown

    Quote Originally Posted by rareboy View Post
    Why would I hate old white guys.... I am probably considered one. But unlike you...I don't think that the whole world revolves around my meaningless needs to have immediate access to every single unnecessary experience that I want, compared to the real needs of the millions of people who are actually existentially threatened by the loss of government services. I think that even thoughtful veterans, considering the needs of the elderly and infirm must be wondering what they hell they fought and many of them died for when their nation can be hijacked by ignorant, greedy and venal T-baggers who are determined to extinguish the post war era creation of the middle class.

    As I've noted. The more you grind on about this silly little 'crisis' that 18 veterans on a bus trip from Bumfuck Arkansas to Washington might face...the more ridiculous your perspective on all of this seems. This is why none of us can take your opinions at all seriously.


    You've got nothing here.
    But, why do you hate America?

  25. #175
    FEAR THE LIBERAL DETENTE! TX-Beau's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Austin
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Open Relationship
    Posts
    8,195

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Countdown to Government Shutdown

    Because he's a Comminadian - it's what they do.
    ATTACK OF THE LIBERAL ELITE

  26. #176
    ecce homo rareboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Partnered
    Posts
    32,831

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Countdown to Government Shutdown

    Quote Originally Posted by Rolyo85 View Post
    Occasionally, mental illness IS something to be ashamed of...

    http://joemygod.blogspot.com/2013/10...anger.html?m=1
    In an astounding confrontation that took place yesterday at the World War II Memorial in DC, a Tea Party congressman from Texas appeared to blame the Park Service for denying veterans access to the facility — and then made a Park Ranger apologize for the shutdown. "How do you look at them and ... deny them access?" Rep. Randy Neugebauer asked the unidentified Ranger in an incredible exchange that was caught on camera by NBC Washington. In fact, the Park Service has been invoking the First Amendment in order to allow vets into the memorial despite the shutdown making it illegal for the department to do so. "It's difficult," the Ranger replied. "Well, it should be difficult," scorned the congressman. "It is difficult," the Ranger repeated. "I'm sorry, sir." "The Park Service should be ashamed of themselves," said Neugebauer. "I'm not ashamed," the Ranger retorted. "You should be," sneered Neugebauer.
    Talk about cognitive dissonance. So this is where Jack's roid rage stems from.

    Jesus Christ the T-bag idiots are the nastiest douchebags in America.

  27. #177
    CE&P Secret Police xbuzzerx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Posts
    10,166

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Countdown to Government Shutdown

    Quote Originally Posted by rareboy View Post
    Talk about cognitive dissonance. So this is where Jack's roid rage stems from.

    Jesus Christ the T-bag idiots are the nastiest douchebags in America.
    It's very obvious this is some kind of talking point that's been spread around in the right-wing circles, seeing as how the only thing Republicans are talking about today all over the net is how mean, evil Obama is stopping people from seeing monuments.

    An honest personal viewpoint would be such a welcome relief from anyone on the right at this point, one that wasn't fed into their brain from a chain e-mail or Fox.

  28. #178
    Virtus in medio stat JUB Admin opinterph's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Jawja
    Status
    Partnered
    Posts
    21,215
    Blog Entries
    14

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Countdown to Government Shutdown

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Springer View Post
    The Administration decides what to shut down, who are essential personnel, etc. There is no rule book.
    I searched earlier today to discover the Administrationís reasoning for closing the open-air monuments in DC and couldnít find anything. Does anybody know where there is an official statement explaining why they are closed? During my search, I noticed many commentators indicated those monuments were not closed to public access during government shutdowns in the mid-1990s.

  29. #179
    CE&P Secret Police xbuzzerx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Posts
    10,166

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Countdown to Government Shutdown

    Quote Originally Posted by opinterph View Post
    I searched earlier today to discover the Administration’s reasoning for closing the open-air monuments in DC and couldn’t find anything. Does anybody know where there is an official statement explaining why they are closed? During my search, I noticed many commentators indicated those monuments were not closed to public access during government shutdowns in the mid-1990s.
    I haven't heard any official reason either, but I also think the stricter security surrounding landmarks and such has been a fixture since 9/11, as one possible explanation.

  30. #180
    ecce homo rareboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Partnered
    Posts
    32,831

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Countdown to Government Shutdown

    ^ This is what I am informed of as well. Without the same degree of surveillance, they are trying to protect as best they can against bomb plantings etc....even more so after incidents like Boston. It is the Brave New World that we live in.

  31. #181
    Virginia Is for Lovers Alnitak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Maryland
    Orientation
    Gay
    Posts
    5,035
    Blog Entries
    2

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Countdown to Government Shutdown

    Anything more than a few days is going to start hurting us, mainly because of a slowdown in approving government contracts, but also such things as investigations into disease outbreaks, FDA monitoring, and various regular government reports that the economy relies on.

    Quote Originally Posted by opinterph View Post
    I searched earlier today to discover the Administrationís reasoning for closing the open-air monuments in DC and couldnít find anything. Does anybody know where there is an official statement explaining why they are closed? During my search, I noticed many commentators indicated those monuments were not closed to public access during government shutdowns in the mid-1990s.
    It could be a dramatic measure meant to increase public consciousness of the government shutdown. Until it is definitively known, use your imagination.
    Last edited by Alnitak; October 3rd, 2013 at 03:51 PM.

  32. #182
    Sex God tigerfan482's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Columbia
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    862

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Countdown to Government Shutdown

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Springer View Post
    No one will starve because of this partial shutdown. It's theatrical.

    Someone could die however, Harry Reid will not consider funding for essential support. He flipped off the reporter yesterday who asked about the child with cancer. Of course later he said his comment was misunderstood.
    First off, everyone in the government except the Constitutionally mandated positions, political appointees, Congress and the military, whether working or not, are not getting paid. So yes, it is possible many peoples' livelihoods could be very adversely affected by this shutdown. It doesn't surprise me that you can't see past your blind hatred of anything not Republican to see the facts, but they're there whether you like to admit it or not.

    Second, Harry Reid was misunderstood. He was voicing his position against piecemeal funding various parts of the government, deciding who is most important to get paid and who isn't. While children with cancer are something we should be focusing our money on, so are adults with cancer, people who need to get paid to support their families, families who need assistance in paying bills or getting food, veterans who need medical or other assistance, etc. Harry Reid's point was that there shouldn't be a choice between paying an employee to support a family and treating a kid with cancer. But again, I don't expect you to see past your partisan bullshit and your politicians' cheap political tricks to understand that either.

    Quote Originally Posted by opinterph View Post
    I searched earlier today to discover the Administration’s reasoning for closing the open-air monuments in DC and couldn’t find anything. Does anybody know where there is an official statement explaining why they are closed? During my search, I noticed many commentators indicated those monuments were not closed to public access during government shutdowns in the mid-1990s.
    There was an official statement (I believe) on the NPS website before it went down. Mostly, I believe it has to do with heightened security after 9/11, recent occurrences of vandalism of national parks and monuments (the green paint at the National Cathedral is a good example) and general well-being of the monuments and the people who go to visit them. While Mr. Springer may like people to believe that only Republican World War II vets visit these memorials and would have no reason to destroy them, many others do in fact visit them and some are not the gentlest people around.

  33. #183
    Rambunctiously Pugnacious JayHawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    River Quay - KC
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    24,238

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Countdown to Government Shutdown

    Boehner has already caved in and we will have a solution by Oct 17th.

    Twenty republican congress cirtters are ready to vote yes on a clean CR

    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/1...n_4024755.html

    It just needs to come to the floor.

    Republicans Say Boehner Vows to Avert Federal Default

    So i suppose they could simply authorize more debt but leave the govt closed but if Boehner is going to fuck over the TP he will get as many items done at the same time. So i predict the republicans cave before Oct17th.

    Now if the CR would only last olonger than two months so these guys can stop putting our economy on a republican roller coaster of defeat.
    Everyone can be great, because everyone can serve.
    ~ Martin Luther King, Jr.


  34. #184

    Re: Countdown to Government Shutdown

    Quote Originally Posted by tigerfan482 View Post
    First off, everyone in the government except the Constitutionally mandated positions, political appointees, Congress and the military, whether working or not, are not getting paid. So yes, it is possible many peoples' livelihoods could be very adversely affected by this shutdown. It doesn't surprise me that you can't see past your blind hatred of anything not Republican to see the facts, but they're there whether you like to admit it or not.

    Second, Harry Reid was misunderstood. He was voicing his position against piecemeal funding various parts of the government, deciding who is most important to get paid and who isn't. While children with cancer are something we should be focusing our money on, so are adults with cancer, people who need to get paid to support their families, families who need assistance in paying bills or getting food, veterans who need medical or other assistance, etc. Harry Reid's point was that there shouldn't be a choice between paying an employee to support a family and treating a kid with cancer. But again, I don't expect you to see past your partisan bullshit and your politicians' cheap political tricks to understand that either.


    There was an official statement (I believe) on the NPS website before it went down. Mostly, I believe it has to do with heightened security after 9/11, recent occurrences of vandalism of national parks and monuments (the green paint at the National Cathedral is a good example) and general well-being of the monuments and the people who go to visit them. While Mr. Springer may like people to believe that only Republican World War II vets visit these memorials and would have no reason to destroy them, many others do in fact visit them and some are not the gentlest people around.
    So you want to arrest the mean white men that fought in WWII. I get that. I don't understand your wacky world but I get it.

    Don't worry everyone will get paid. It's the way things work. I'd be more concerned about the people who have lost their full time jobs because of the ACA and economic policies of the Obama Administration. Have some sympathy for those people.

    I've said here several times that I'm not a fan of any of the leadership in Washington including Boeher and McConnell. Can you say the same thing?

    Harry Reid answered the way he felt. The CNN reporter knows what he meant. It was not a nice answer. If Boehner had answered a question like that you and every media person would be demanding his resignation. It's true.

    When a budget has been passed will the barricades still be up to keep the evil white WWII vet's away from the Lincoln Memorial, WWII, and other places liked Normandy Beach?

    Have to ask you if Obama was misunderstood today when he talked about the House republicans holding a gun against the head of the American people. Such rhetoric must stop.
    Last edited by Jack Springer; October 3rd, 2013 at 04:23 PM.

  35. #185

    Re: Countdown to Government Shutdown

    Quote Originally Posted by JayHawk View Post
    Boehner has already caved in and we will have a solution by Oct 17th.

    Twenty republican congress cirtters are ready to vote yes on a clean CR

    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/1...n_4024755.html

    It just needs to come to the floor.

    Republicans Say Boehner Vows to Avert Federal Default

    So i suppose they could simply authorize more debt but leave the govt closed but if Boehner is going to fuck over the TP he will get as many items done at the same time. So i predict the republicans cave before Oct17th.

    Now if the CR would only last olonger than two months so these guys can stop putting our economy on a republican roller coaster of defeat.
    If it happens that way, Boehner is a better man who compromises rather than be like Obama, who it is said thinks he can totally break the republican party in this mess.

    I'd rather be on the side of America than any party.

    Long live our republic!

  36. #186
    Rambunctiously Pugnacious JayHawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    River Quay - KC
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    24,238

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Countdown to Government Shutdown

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Springer View Post
    So you want to arrest the mean white men that fought in WWII. I get that. I don't understand your wacky world but I get it.

    I've said here several times that I'm not a fan of any of the leadership in Washington including Boeher and McConnell. Can you say the same thing?

    Harry Reid answered the way he felt. The CNN reporter knows what he meant. It was not a nice answer. If Boehner had answered a question like that you and every media person would be demanding his resignation. It's true.

    When a budget has been passed will the barricades still be up to keep the evil white WWII vet's away from the Lincoln Memorial, WWII, and other places liked Normandy Beach?

    Have to ask you if Obama was misunderstood today when he talked about the House republicans holding a gun against the head of the American people. Such rhetoric must stop.
    Actually he was clearly understood and 77 percent of America blames the GOP as well. Boehner has already caved, all is done but the crying. Also, to clear up your Rush Limbaugh like disinformation ZERO WWII vets were arrested, they were from here and I listened to the local media coverage AS they went to and toured every closed monument.
    Everyone can be great, because everyone can serve.
    ~ Martin Luther King, Jr.


  37. #187

    Re: Countdown to Government Shutdown

    ^^

    The point is that none of those monuments needed to be closed. It was all a PR stunt to punish people and make they mad at the evil House republicans.

  38. #188
    CE&P Secret Police xbuzzerx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Posts
    10,166

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Countdown to Government Shutdown

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Springer View Post
    I've said here several times that I'm not a fan of any of the leadership in Washington including Boeher and McConnell. Can you say the same thing?
    I couldn't say the same thing, and here's why. Obama has not made it his hellbent mission since arriving in office to do nothing but sit back and say no to everything Republicans want. He's done the complete opposite. Spend two years hammering out a deal that includes most if not all Republican demands, ideas or modifications to pass a Republican filibuster... only to have the Republicans vote no on it anyway. Six years of this Jack.

    You may not feel that Obama listened 'enough', or whatever else, but it would simply be denying reality to somehow claim both sides have done exactly the same thing and are equally to blame. If anything progressives are tired of seeing Obama try to bend over backwards to give Republicans everything they want, only to have Republicans block it anyway for apparently no reason anyone can tell other than "we don't want Obama to accomplish anything."

    I could definitely say I'm not happy with how his term and a half has gone in terms of progress, but I would also say I don't blame any of it on "he sucked" or "he didn't try." I would say that your party has done absolutely everything in its power first to try to make him a one-term Presidency, regardless of the issues at hand or whether or not they'd be good or bad for the American people, and then to simply block everything period because if he gets two terms, we're gonna make sure he gets as little done as possible.

  39. #189
    Rambunctiously Pugnacious JayHawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    River Quay - KC
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    24,238

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Countdown to Government Shutdown

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Springer View Post
    ^^

    The point is that none of those monuments needed to be closed. It was all a PR stunt to punish people and make they mad at the evil House republicans.
    Well apparently it did not work because everyone is saying they do not have to be closed. So pat yourself and your party on the back for your extremely minor won battle, the war ended today when Boehner capitulated.
    Everyone can be great, because everyone can serve.
    ~ Martin Luther King, Jr.


  40. #190
    Rambunctiously Pugnacious JayHawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    River Quay - KC
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    24,238

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Countdown to Government Shutdown

    Quote Originally Posted by xbuzzerx View Post
    I could definitely say I'm not happy with how his term and a half has gone in terms of progress, but I would also say I don't blame any of it on "he sucked" or "he didn't try." I would say that your party has done absolutely everything in its power first to try to make him a one-term Presidency, regardless of the issues at hand or whether or not they'd be good or bad for the American people, and then to simply block everything period because if he gets two terms, we're gonna make sure he gets as little done as possible.
    Agreed. In fact, one will look back at history and say that the economic recovery could have occurred much earlier IF the republicans had not purposefully set the nation on a continual instability path by refusing to pass a budget that they ended up funding anyways. That is part of their strategy to have a 2016 talking point.... and STILL the economy is recovering in spite of their hamstrung leadership.
    Everyone can be great, because everyone can serve.
    ~ Martin Luther King, Jr.


  41. #191
    Sex God tigerfan482's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Columbia
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    862

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Countdown to Government Shutdown

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Springer View Post
    So you want to arrest the mean white men that fought in WWII. I get that. I don't understand your wacky world but I get it.

    Don't worry everyone will get paid. It's the way things work. I'd be more concerned about the people who have lost their full time jobs because of the ACA and economic policies of the Obama Administration. Have some sympathy for those people.

    I've said here several times that I'm not a fan of any of the leadership in Washington including Boeher and McConnell. Can you say the same thing?

    Harry Reid answered the way he felt. The CNN reporter knows what he meant. It was not a nice answer. If Boehner had answered a question like that you and every media person would be demanding his resignation. It's true.

    When a budget has been passed will the barricades still be up to keep the evil white WWII vet's away from the Lincoln Memorial, WWII, and other places liked Normandy Beach?

    Have to ask you if Obama was misunderstood today when he talked about the House republicans holding a gun against the head of the American people. Such rhetoric must stop.
    As mentioned previously, no veteran was arrested and no one was threatened with arrest. When they moved the barriers and went around, the guards just stood aside. But that doesn't play into the Republican strategy of deflecting the topic at hand.

    As 80-something veterans slowly walked around the massive war memorial, Park Police stood quietly to the side, advising other tourists that the site was technically still closed. But they made no moves to stop the wishes of the war heroes.
    (Source)

    I'm glad you have the gift of precognition to be able to assure that government workers will get paid for the time they're furloughed. Given that it requires Congressional approval to do, your gift may appear to be a bunch of bullshit, which wouldn't surprise me much.

    I am a fan of some of the leadership in Washington. I believe that President Obama has done a great job given the constant opposition to everything he does by Republicans. I believe that many people, including Boehner and McConnell, could also have done a much better job had they not decided to take the extremist approach and always say no.

    Harry Reid gave an answer that everyone, including the Republicans, understood. The difference is the Republicans decided, like with the WWII vets, to politicize the issue and use an affected portion of the population to try and gain support for their position. I'm sure your gift of foretelling the future will clue you in that they aren't doing a good job.

    When a budget passes and the government reopens, then yes, the barriers will come down and all national parks and monuments will reopen. That's a pretty dumb question. Closed government = closed parks and monuments. That's how it works.

    And no, Obama was not misunderstood in his quote. The Republicans are holding a gun to the head of this nation, trying to extort what they fail to accomplish using the Constitutionally outlined democratic process by holding the country hostage.

  42. #192
    Rambunctiously Pugnacious JayHawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    River Quay - KC
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    24,238

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Countdown to Government Shutdown

    More great news about how fractured republicans are getting.

    Isn't there some scientific principle where the stability of one object leads to greater instability in another object?

    The more President Obama and Harry Reid assert their simple strategy -- we won't negotiate under these conditions; pass a clean budget patch and debt ceiling bill and then we'll talk -- the wilder the House Republicans are getting.
    See for yourself, but that Politico piece reads like Mandarin Chinese to me. The ad hockery among the Republicans right now is, if not remarkable, then alarming. They're flailing about.
    ^^ Source for the two above

    Source for the Politico Piece

    When House Speaker John Boehner raised the idea at a White House meeting Wednesday with Obama and congressional leaders, “everybody laughed at him because they’ve heard this song and dance so many times before,” said a Democratic aide briefed on the meeting. A Republican aide disputed the account, saying Democrats harangued Boehner to appoint budget negotiators. The speaker retorted, saying Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.) will not allow Senate Budget Chairman Patty Murray (D-Wash.) to hold talks with House Budget Chair Paul Ryan (R-Wis.).


    Kinda funny that Boehner has so devalued the office of Speaker that when he tries to suggest options he is laughed at......
    Last edited by JayHawk; October 3rd, 2013 at 05:16 PM.
    Everyone can be great, because everyone can serve.
    ~ Martin Luther King, Jr.


  43. #193

    Re: Countdown to Government Shutdown

    Quote Originally Posted by Alnitak View Post
    Anything more than a few days is going to start hurting us, mainly because of a slowdown in approving government contracts, but also such things as investigations into disease outbreaks, FDA monitoring, and various regular government reports that the economy relies on.

    It could be a dramatic measure meant to increase public consciousness of the government shutdown. Until it is definitively known, use your imagination.
    This proves that the republican party is not the party of business as they like to claim they are. The stock market is falling and business CEOs are complaining about this rag tag bunch of hijackers known as the tea party house republicans.

  44. #194

  45. #195
    The Boy Next Door LuvFindsAndyHardy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Boston
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Posts
    4,073

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Countdown to Government Shutdown

    Have you see this yet?

    Oh the joys of hot mic's!



    Disgusting, filthy scum (delusional too)

  46. #196

    Re: Countdown to Government Shutdown

    Quote Originally Posted by LuvFindsAndyHardy View Post
    Have you see this yet?

    Oh the joys of hot mic's!



    Disgusting, filthy scum (delusional too)
    HA! Thanks for posting this. I saw it on the news earlier and it proves what jerks these republicans are.

    First Mitt Romney, now the rest of this criminal party.

  47. #197
    The Boy Next Door LuvFindsAndyHardy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Boston
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Posts
    4,073

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Countdown to Government Shutdown

    ^^^ cue the desperate attempts at false equivalencies. Wanna take bets on how long it takes for someone to post Joe Biden saying "big fucking deal" ?

  48. #198

    Re: Countdown to Government Shutdown

    Quote Originally Posted by LuvFindsAndyHardy View Post
    ^^^ cue the desperate attempts at false equivalencies. Wanna take bets on how long it takes for someone to post Joe Biden saying "big fucking deal" ?
    I'm sure it's all Obama's fault because if he respected the republican vision for the country we wouldn't be in this mess right now.

    /sarcasm off

  49. #199
    ecce homo rareboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Partnered
    Posts
    32,831

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Countdown to Government Shutdown

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Springer View Post
    If it happens that way, Boehner is a better man who compromises rather than be like Obama, who it is said thinks he can totally break the republican party in this mess.

    I'd rather be on the side of America than any party.

    Long live our republic!
    Boner didn't compromise. He had nothing. The GOP had nothing. He caved. Face it.

  50. #200

    Re: Countdown to Government Shutdown

    Quote Originally Posted by LuvFindsAndyHardy View Post
    Have you see this yet?

    Oh the joys of hot mic's!

    Disgusting, filthy scum (delusional too)
    A hot mic is not needed to hear the callus Harry Reid talking about how he doesn't care about a kid with cancer.

    Note the part when he says the House republicans don't make the decision what part of government to shut down ... proof that Obama is shutting down the government.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | About JustUsBoys.com | Site Map | RSS | Webmasters | Advertise | Link to JUB | Report A Bug on this Page

Visit our sister sites: Broke Straight Boys | CollegeDudes.com | CollegeBoyPhysicals.com | RocketTube
All models appearing on JustUsBoys.com were over 18 at the time of photography. The records for sexually explicit images required by U.S. 2257 are kept by the
individual producers of the images. The location of the records is available by clicking the Custodian of Records link at the bottom of each gallery page.
© 2012 JustUsBoys.com. The JustUsBoys.com name and logo are registered trademarks. Labeled with ICRA and RTA. Member of ASACP and The Free Speech Coalition.