JustUsBoys.com gay porn forum

logo

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56711 ... LastLast
Results 251 to 300 of 617
  1. #251
    Canuck rhymes with f*ck
    gsdx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Peterborough Ontario
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    34,889
    Blog Entries
    26

    Code of Conduct

    Re: If you ever say you are "straight acting" that is a copout

    Quote Originally Posted by MoufOfKhaos View Post
    He's a straight acting gay actor acting gay and not gay.
    That was my thought as well.

  2. #252
    Execuvette Rolyo85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Boystown, Chicago
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    8,930

    Code of Conduct
    Quote Originally Posted by xbuzzerx View Post
    By the way, since words have inalienable meanings regardless of what people think they mean when they say them, of what country do gay men who call themselves queens reign over?
    Seriously, Kulindahr?
    That we are capable only of being what we are, remains our unforgivable sin.
    - Gene Wolfe

  3. #253
    mitchymo
    Guest

    Re: If you ever say you are "straight acting" that is a copout

    Quote Originally Posted by Rolyo85 View Post
    Yeah, many white men still think it's also "trivial" to call black people niggers.
    Oh come on, there is clearly a distinction there. That's guys calling others, not guys calling themselves.

  4. #254
    CE&P Secret Police xbuzzerx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Posts
    10,753

    Code of Conduct

    Re: If you ever say you are "straight acting" that is a copout

    Quote Originally Posted by Rolyo85 View Post
    Seriously, Kulindahr?
    Shrug, the question was serious.

    If you and Bankside want to assert there's only one possible interpretation and the meaning of words used is explicit and fixed, you can't apply it selectively as convenient.

  5. #255
    mitchymo
    Guest

    Re: If you ever say you are "straight acting" that is a copout

    Quote Originally Posted by Rolyo85 View Post
    Yeah, cause I am the only one with the problem here. If that were the case, there would be no argument.

    You have consistently ignored my explanations as to WHY the baggage is there. Your only responses are "it's not cause I say it's not".
    I didn't say you are the only one with the problem. I have not ignored your explanations, i just don't think you are right to be as judgemental as you are being and failing to listen to the opposing view. Frankly, its a huge deal being made about something which doesn't need to be.

  6. #256
    Execuvette Rolyo85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Boystown, Chicago
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    8,930

    Code of Conduct
    Quote Originally Posted by mitchymo View Post

    Oh come on, there is clearly a distinction there. That's guys calling others, not guys calling themselves.
    You are yet to refute my claim that you ARE calling me things by describing yourself as SA. In fact, you're yet to refute ANYTHING I've said. Your only response to me so far has been stomping your foot down and accusing me of making it up, with some assorted cries that you're being oppressed and that you didn't vote for me.
    That we are capable only of being what we are, remains our unforgivable sin.
    - Gene Wolfe

  7. #257
    Execuvette Rolyo85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Boystown, Chicago
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    8,930

    Code of Conduct
    Quote Originally Posted by xbuzzerx View Post

    Shrug, the question was serious.

    If you and Bankside want to assert there's only one possible interpretation and the meaning of words used is explicit and fixed, you can't apply it selectively as convenient.
    Actually we can, because that's how language works. Some TERMS (notice - not simply words but terms) are more flexible than others, this is simply a fact. Furthermore, nobody is saying SA doesn't mean what Mitch says it does. We are claiming it has a lot of ADDITIONAL meaning attached to it, and you can't just unattach it by claiming you "don't mean it like that."
    That we are capable only of being what we are, remains our unforgivable sin.
    - Gene Wolfe

  8. #258
    CE&P Secret Police xbuzzerx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Posts
    10,753

    Code of Conduct

    Re: If you ever say you are "straight acting" that is a copout

    Quote Originally Posted by Rolyo85 View Post
    Actually we can, because that's how language works. Some TERMS (notice - not simply words but terms) are more flexible than others, this is simply a fact. Furthermore, nobody is saying SA doesn't mean what Mitch says it does. We are claiming it has a lot of ADDITIONAL meaning attached to it, and you can't just unattach it by claiming you "don't mean it like that."
    And who gets to decide this, and which ones they are?

  9. #259
    Execuvette Rolyo85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Boystown, Chicago
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    8,930

    Code of Conduct
    Quote Originally Posted by mitchymo View Post

    I didn't say you are the only one with the problem. I have not ignored your explanations, i just don't think you are right to be as judgemental as you are being and failing to listen to the opposing view. Frankly, its a huge deal being made about something which doesn't need to be.
    Words are important. If people are getting upset, them clearly it matters to them. And I have not really failed to listen to your opposing view, it's just that your opposing view is ignoring arguments instead of arguing with them. I say "there's baggage because..." And you say "there isn't, you're making it up." That's not acknowledging my point of view, that's dismissing it. Meanwhile, you're yet to present arguments for yours, besides "I am too lazy to type an extra syllable".
    That we are capable only of being what we are, remains our unforgivable sin.
    - Gene Wolfe

  10. #260
    The gay gargoyle
    G-Lexington's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Denver CO
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Posts
    45,422
    Blog Entries
    21

    Code of Conduct

    Re: If you ever say you are "straight acting" that is a copout

    This thread has hereby lost its interest. I'm going to head up to the mountain casino to see a rock concert. Which may or may not be straight-acting or gay-acting. Or offensive. Or interesting.

    Lex

  11. #261
    Execuvette Rolyo85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Boystown, Chicago
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    8,930

    Code of Conduct
    Quote Originally Posted by xbuzzerx View Post

    And who gets to decide this, and which ones they are?
    Common usage, scholarship, any number of factors, including discussions like this one. Sorry to disappoint, if you expected me to say "me" or "the supreme gay tribunal"
    That we are capable only of being what we are, remains our unforgivable sin.
    - Gene Wolfe

  12. #262
    mitchymo
    Guest

    Re: If you ever say you are "straight acting" that is a copout

    Quote Originally Posted by Rolyo85 View Post
    You are yet to refute my claim that you ARE calling me things by describing yourself as SA. In fact, you're yet to refute ANYTHING I've said. Your only response to me so far has been stomping your foot down and accusing me of making it up, with some assorted cries that you're being oppressed and that you didn't vote for me.
    What a load of cock-a-maimy babble!! No offence but talk straight.

    I have no need to try and refute an accusation that i'm calling you ANYTHING when i choose to call MYSELF straight-acting. If you wish to prove why it is that the term shouldn't be allowed, and in what way i am harming you by doing so, and most importantly, one that does not hold true of the polar opposite, i.e. effeminate language being used towards gays in general, then i may listen more intently to you. Otherwise, all i'm getting is that its A-OK to call yourself diva, queen and sugar-petal, but don't you dare call yourself straight-acting because somehow that's homophobic. Its not homophobic. Effeminaphobic, yeah sure, a stronger case for that. But why should the SA guy have to deny himself an identity when femme guys get a free pas to label the entire community?

  13. #263
    mitchymo
    Guest

    Re: If you ever say you are "straight acting" that is a copout

    Quote Originally Posted by Rolyo85 View Post
    I say "there's baggage because..." And you say "there isn't, you're making it up." That's not acknowledging my point of view, that's dismissing it.
    I am not saying you are making it up at all. I'm saying you're over-reacting.

  14. #264
    Lions&Tigers&Bears Oh My!
    eastofeden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Silicon Valley
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Partnered
    Posts
    5,432
    Blog Entries
    2

    Code of Conduct

    Re: If you ever say you are "straight acting" that is a copout

    Quote Originally Posted by mitchymo View Post
    What a load of cock-a-maimy babble!! No offence but talk straight.

    But why should the SA guy have to deny himself an identity when femme guys get a free pas to label the entire community?
    When someone labels themselves or anyone else...it speaks only about them...and people's opinions on those labels and their usage are subjective so whatever it is you are trying to say about yourself or others may backfire or might give the other person an opinion of you opposite of what you intended.

    I don't care what you label yourself but in my opinion if you are gay...any action you take or any behavior you exhibit is "gay acting"...because you are gay. If I wanted to support stereotypes I might see things differently...but I choose not to.

  15. #265
    CE&P Secret Police xbuzzerx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Posts
    10,753

    Code of Conduct

    Re: If you ever say you are "straight acting" that is a copout

    Quote Originally Posted by Rolyo85 View Post
    Common usage, scholarship, any number of factors, including discussions like this one. Sorry to disappoint, if you expected me to say "me" or "the supreme gay tribunal"
    The use of the slang words "queen" and "straight-acting" within the context of this thread are slang. They're not fixed words with one meaning assigned by a higher scholarly power.

    It was a poor attempt by Bankside to turn this into an objective argument when this is entirely about subjective perceptions.

  16. #266
    Once Again Given Flesh. MoufOfKhaos's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Posts
    9,561
    Blog Entries
    1

    Code of Conduct

    Re: If you ever say you are "straight acting" that is a copout

    Quote Originally Posted by G-Lexington View Post
    This thread has hereby lost its interest. I'm going to head up to the mountain casino to see a rock concert. Which may or may not be straight-acting or gay-acting. Or offensive. Or interesting.

    Lex
    Wrong. Rock out.

    Cock out optional. Unless you're seeing Limp Wrist - then it's mandatory.
    "As anarchism rears its face,

    They are answered by an iron fist..."

  17. #267
    mitchymo
    Guest

    Re: If you ever say you are "straight acting" that is a copout

    Quote Originally Posted by eastofeden View Post
    When someone labels themselves or anyone else...it speaks only about them...and people's opinions on those labels and their usage are subjective so whatever it is you are trying to say about yourself or others may backfire or might give the other person an opinion of you opposite of what you intended.

    I don't care what you label yourself but in my opinion if you are gay...any action you take or any behavior you exhibit is "gay acting"...because you are gay. If I wanted to support stereotypes I might see things differently...but I choose not to.
    That's a fair point to make. I'm a label guy i guess. I like being able to term things.
    SA is largely understood, if its a problem for any gay guy, then liklihood is, they're not the guy being sought anyway. (in ref. to dating ads which sparked this raging thread)
    Last edited by mitchymo; September 25th, 2013 at 05:37 PM.

  18. #268

    Re: If you ever say you are "straight acting" that is a copout

    Quote Originally Posted by G-Lexington View Post
    This thread has hereby lost its interest. I'm going to head up to the mountain …
    Yep, this thread is degenerating into another re-enactment of The Balkan Wars—

    I hate you!

    I have beeg cock!

    You die!!

    I keel you!!



    http://www.bestmalevideos.com/videos...sex-11941.html
    .

  19. #269
    PerScientiam AdJustitiam bankside's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Beware the deepity.
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Married (to a man)
    Posts
    16,825
    Blog Entries
    2

    Code of Conduct

    Re: If you ever say you are "straight acting" that is a copout

    Quote Originally Posted by xbuzzerx View Post
    The use of the slang words "queen" and "straight-acting" within the context of this thread are slang. They're not fixed words with one meaning assigned by a higher scholarly power.

    It was a poor attempt by Bankside to turn this into an objective argument when this is entirely about subjective perceptions.
    I don't see why anyone should be bound by your conception of language or the meaning of words when you assert your own perspective to be subjective. You are standing on a patch of quicksand of your own making. Oh well.
    Americans need to keep their guns so they can protect themselves from gun violence just like Nancy Lanza did. And like Chris Kyle did. And like Gabby Giffords did. And like Tom Clements did. And like Michael Piemonte. And Joseph Wilcox.

  20. #270

    Re: If you ever say you are "straight acting" that is a copout

    This is gay acting, he's totally burn in hell


  21. #271
    Execuvette Rolyo85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Boystown, Chicago
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    8,930

    Code of Conduct

    Re: If you ever say you are "straight acting" that is a copout

    Quote Originally Posted by mitchymo View Post
    What a load of cock-a-maimy babble!! No offence but talk straight.
    Can't. I'm gay. You should teach me how to act straight ^_^

    Quote Originally Posted by mitchymo View Post
    I have no need to try and refute an accusation that i'm calling you ANYTHING when i choose to call MYSELF straight-acting.
    Actually, you do, when I have taken the time to present an argument defending my position. That is if you insist of being part of the discussion. That's how arguments work. People make statements and then others respond. Otherwise you're, like I said, just stomping your foot down.

    Quote Originally Posted by mitchymo View Post
    If you wish to prove why it is that the term shouldn't be allowed
    I do not wish any such thing, and I am not going to acknowledge this misrepresentation of my position as fact. I believe people should become aware of the negative connotations of the term, and make a free choice to stop using it. There is a world of difference.

    Quote Originally Posted by mitchymo View Post
    , and in what way i am harming you by doing so, and most importantly, one that does not hold true of the polar opposite, i.e. effeminate language being used towards gays in general, then i may listen more intently to you.
    "May" being the key word here, as you clearly haven't done so yet, considering I have responded to ALL of these. Here's a recap, for the short of attention:

    1. You are harming me by propagating a harmful stereotype, namely - that being straight equals being masculine, and therefore being gay is feminine, with the understood subtext that comes with straight culture that masculine is superior to feminine when it comes to the male gender. Worse, you are propagating that harmful stereotype WITHIN gay culture, not without. It is not one that makes straight people like us less, but one that makes US like us less.

    2. As I said in a response to buzzer, masculinity and femininity are NOT on an equal basis in today's culture. Being masculine is "good", being feminine is "bad". So celebrating femininity is embracing diversity and in no way harmful to masculine people because masculinity is still the law of the land. So the cries of "double standard!" are kinda like Christians screaming that they are being oppressed by gay people. Furthermore, I stated multiple times that there is nothing wrong with expressing the fact that you are masculine. The problem comes when you use phrases that equate it to the condition opposite of yours, and one that I am also a part of.

    Quote Originally Posted by mitchymo View Post
    Otherwise, all i'm getting is that its A-OK to call yourself diva, queen and sugar-petal, but don't you dare call yourself straight-acting because somehow that's homophobic.
    Another recap - though frankly at this point it's glaringly obvious you barely skimmed the topic and have no real interest in engaging in an actual discussion, or I wouldn't have to repeat myself verbatim and giving you answers to questions that have already been answered:

    Being a diva, queen and sugar-petal limits your description to yourself. Also, there is NO specific opposite to ANY of these. For each you could list a hundred words that would be AN opposite. But there is no one thing that you can say "if you are a diva, then you are saying you are not X". Same with being masculine, btw. True, that one does have a specific opposite, but you are not making a judgment of others by calling yourself masculine. NOT so when calling yourself straight-acting, and I am sorry, but I am not going to repeat AGAIN the numerous posts in which I explained why. If you weren't interested in reading them before, you won't do it now either. It absolutely IS homophobic, because you already agree (and if you didn't, it would be laughable) that there is pervasive femmephobia in our society, and you are equating "straight" with "masculine", and "gay" with "feminine" (or, to be precise - "not masculine", but we already know there is only one opposite to that one). So how is that not homophobic again? You are LITERALLY saying "straight is better than gay" by using the term SA.

    Quote Originally Posted by mitchymo View Post
    But why should the SA guy have to deny himself an identity when femme guys get a free pas to label the entire community?
    Because a) SA is not an identity, but a denial of one; not to mention there are any number of non-offensive ways to describe the identity it describes; and b) because femme guys have earned their "free pass" by being hated even within their own community by super straight acting guys like yourself. Them's the perks of being a persecuted minority. You get all sorts of free passes. I am sure Tony Perkins and Porno Pete could totally relate to your plight.

    Quote Originally Posted by mitchymo View Post
    I am not saying you are making it up at all. I'm saying you're over-reacting.
    +

    Quote Originally Posted by mitchymo View Post
    The only reason for that is because guys like you seem intent on smearing the terminology.
    = Oops...

    At least read YOUR OWN posts if not mine.

    Quote Originally Posted by mitchymo View Post
    That's a fair point to make. I'm a label guy i guess. I like being able to term things.
    SA is largely understood, if its a problem for any gay guy, then liklihood is, they're not the guy being sought anyway. (in ref. to dating ads which sparked this raging thread)
    First, being able to term things is good, but being able to term them correctly is better. Part of that is discarding inaccurate offensive terminology. You aren't any more straight acting than the most catty drag queen in any of the bars in Boystown. You fuck dudes. You're gay acting. So why not use terms that actually describe what you want them to, instead of ones made up by self-hating faggots?

    Second - that is not something I can argue with. Most of the SA homos I've encountered are the "no face picture, I don't like bars, if you can quote a Britney song, eat shit and die" type that pretty much only go for each other. Here's the sad thing though - an AWFUL lot of perfectly masculine and good looking guys would still get offended by this lazy terminology and just assume you are a self-loathing loser, whether that's true or not. So you are really mostly harming yourself.
    That we are capable only of being what we are, remains our unforgivable sin.
    - Gene Wolfe

  22. #272

    Re: If you ever say you are "straight acting" that is a copout

    ^



    Yugoslav diplomacy in action


    I hate you!…I keel you!!
    .

  23. #273
    Bammer's Papa
    Kulindahr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    on the foggy, damp, redneck Oregon coast
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Bisexual
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    104,100
    Blog Entries
    78

    Code of Conduct

    Re: If you ever say you are "straight acting" that is a copout

    Wow. I gave up actually reading before I finished the second page, and just skimmed after that.

    Let's look at the word "act". As an example: "She acts like a baby." The speaker isn't saying the gal is putting on an act, like an actor, but that her actions, taken together, resemble those of a baby. Turn those words into a different way of saying it, and you have "baby-acting".

    Saying someone is "X-acting" merely means that observation of their actions shows that they resemble someone who is X. In reality it makes no judgment as to whether it's an act, or just the natural way the person is.

    So also "straight-acting": all it means is that if a person's actions over time were observed by an average person, they'd never guess the guy was gay -- his actions say "straight". It doesn't mean the guy is acting, i.e. putting on an act, it just means that judging by his actions he appears to be straight. It's not good, it;s not bad, it just is -- and the only way to know more is to get to know the guy and find out if it's an act, or just natural.

    I can think of a number of reasons a guy might be straight-acting, from trying to hide he's gay to having been so indoctrinated while growing up that any actions that weren't "straight" got suppressed. They both happen to deserve our pity -- the first because the guy lacks the balls to be himself, and the second 'cause the guy was so abused he never had the freedom to be himself. Although I'll make an exception: any gay guy where I grew up who wasn't straight-acting would have had a very high probability of not finishing growing up. Even eight years ago guys here had to be very careful -- one at where my best buddy worked was beat up, most of his ribs broken deliberately, because some others at work thought he was checking them out. The only openly gay couple in town has better security than people I knew in Gary, Indiana, where steel bars across doors to supplement dead bolts and chains weren't uncommon.

    The real tragedy here is that some people are so arrogant and self-righteous that they can be judgmental and dismissive without every getting to know a person.

    "Thirty-one* states allow all qualified citizens to carry concealed weapons. In those states, homosexuals should embark on organized efforts to become comfortable with guns, learn to use them safely and carry them. They should set up Pink Pistols task forces, sponsor shooting courses and help homosexuals get licensed to carry. And they should do it in a way that gets as much publicity as possible. "

    --Jonathan Rauch, Salon Magazine, March 13, 2000

    *the number is now forty

  24. #274
    Sex God youfiad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Saint Cloud
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Available
    Posts
    974

    Code of Conduct

    Re: If you ever say you are "straight acting" that is a copout

    Over analyzing the term doesn't mean that you should get offended. I find nothing wrong with it. 99.99999% of people understand what is implied. How else would you explain someone who is attracted to guys that you wouldn't expect because they fit into mainstream culture? I actually find it a quite fitting term and not at all offensive.

  25. #275
    WTF????? refujiunderground's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    10,119
    Blog Entries
    43

    Code of Conduct

    Re: If you ever say you are "straight acting" that is a copout

    yes, it is a cop out. a gay guy that's "straight acting" is an oxymoron. it doesn't exist. you can be masculine gay guy but you're still gay.

    - - - Updated - - -

    yes, it is a cop out. a gay guy that's "straight acting" is an oxymoron. it doesn't exist. you can be masculine gay guy but you're still gay.
    one thing about the closet/you don't have to hurry/it will be bad tomorrow/so brother, don't you worry

  26. #276
    Once Again Given Flesh. MoufOfKhaos's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Posts
    9,561
    Blog Entries
    1

    Code of Conduct

    Re: If you ever say you are "straight acting" that is a copout

    Quote Originally Posted by youfiad View Post
    Over analyzing the term doesn't mean that you should get offended. I find nothing wrong with it. 99.99999% of people understand what is implied. How else would you explain someone who is attracted to guys that you wouldn't expect because they fit into mainstream culture? I actually find it a quite fitting term and not at all offensive.
    That's a rather bold fallacy considering that the implication can be easily swayed to be many different things all at once.
    "As anarchism rears its face,

    They are answered by an iron fist..."

  27. #277
    Sex God youfiad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Saint Cloud
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Available
    Posts
    974

    Code of Conduct

    Re: If you ever say you are "straight acting" that is a copout

    Quote Originally Posted by MoufOfKhaos View Post
    That's a rather bold fallacy considering that the implication can be easily swayed to be many different things all at once.
    No.

    Maybe the people who they want to understand it understand it. I, for one, understand it and find nothing bad about it. That's my opinion, and you can't necessarily call it wrong.

  28. #278
    PerScientiam AdJustitiam bankside's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Beware the deepity.
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Married (to a man)
    Posts
    16,825
    Blog Entries
    2

    Code of Conduct

    Re: If you ever say you are "straight acting" that is a copout

    Quote Originally Posted by Kulindahr View Post
    Wow. I gave up actually reading before I finished the second page, and just skimmed after that.

    Let's look at the word "act". As an example: "She acts like a baby." The speaker isn't saying the gal is putting on an act, like an actor, but that her actions, taken together, resemble those of a baby. Turn those words into a different way of saying it, and you have "baby-acting".

    Saying someone is "X-acting" merely means that observation of their actions shows that they resemble someone who is X. In reality it makes no judgment as to whether it's an act, or just the natural way the person is.

    So also "straight-acting": all it means is that if a person's actions over time were observed by an average person, they'd never guess the guy was gay -- his actions say "straight". It doesn't mean the guy is acting, i.e. putting on an act, it just means that judging by his actions he appears to be straight. It's not good, it;s not bad, it just is -- and the only way to know more is to get to know the guy and find out if it's an act, or just natural.

    I can think of a number of reasons a guy might be straight-acting, from trying to hide he's gay to having been so indoctrinated while growing up that any actions that weren't "straight" got suppressed. They both happen to deserve our pity -- the first because the guy lacks the balls to be himself, and the second 'cause the guy was so abused he never had the freedom to be himself. Although I'll make an exception: any gay guy where I grew up who wasn't straight-acting would have had a very high probability of not finishing growing up. Even eight years ago guys here had to be very careful -- one at where my best buddy worked was beat up, most of his ribs broken deliberately, because some others at work thought he was checking them out. The only openly gay couple in town has better security than people I knew in Gary, Indiana, where steel bars across doors to supplement dead bolts and chains weren't uncommon.

    The real tragedy here is that some people are so arrogant and self-righteous that they can be judgmental and dismissive without every getting to know a person.
    I think the issue is not with the word "act" in straight acting, but with the word "straight." There is no necessary association between heterosexuality and any given observable behaviour. (Outside the bedroom, where, presumably, a straight man will show more interest and involvement with females, and a gay man will show more interest and involvement with males.)
    Americans need to keep their guns so they can protect themselves from gun violence just like Nancy Lanza did. And like Chris Kyle did. And like Gabby Giffords did. And like Tom Clements did. And like Michael Piemonte. And Joseph Wilcox.

  29. #279
    Once Again Given Flesh. MoufOfKhaos's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Posts
    9,561
    Blog Entries
    1

    Code of Conduct

    Re: If you ever say you are "straight acting" that is a copout

    Quote Originally Posted by youfiad View Post
    No.

    Maybe the people who they want to understand it understand it. I, for one, understand it and find nothing bad about it. That's my opinion, and you can't necessarily call it wrong.
    So your opinion is that a term like straight-acting can only have one right answer based upon the person speaking the term?

    That's bizarre, and absolutely short-sighted. Usually I don't even waste the time to argue semantics, but if you're gonna cite a far-fetched percentage, at least have big enough balls to prove that it's more than just an opinion, otherwise why play a numbers game at all?
    Last edited by MoufOfKhaos; September 25th, 2013 at 07:59 PM.
    "As anarchism rears its face,

    They are answered by an iron fist..."

  30. #280
    Execuvette Rolyo85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Boystown, Chicago
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    8,930

    Code of Conduct

    Re: If you ever say you are "straight acting" that is a copout

    Quote Originally Posted by youfiad View Post
    Over analyzing the term doesn't mean that you should get offended. I find nothing wrong with it. 99.99999% of people understand what is implied. How else would you explain someone who is attracted to guys that you wouldn't expect because they fit into mainstream culture? I actually find it a quite fitting term and not at all offensive.
    Jeez, I wish there were 6 pages after the first post explaining what's offensive about it and why it's actually woefully inaccurate... Whatever gave you the impression any of us don't understand what the term means?
    That we are capable only of being what we are, remains our unforgivable sin.
    - Gene Wolfe

  31. #281
    Booyah! Callum's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Gerstein and Robarts
    Gender
    Male
    Status
    Dating
    Posts
    2,710
    Blog Entries
    1

    Code of Conduct

    Re: If you ever say you are "straight acting" that is a copout

    Just posting in this thread to tell all of you that I'm straight acting.
    blacksyringe

  32. #282

    Re: If you ever say you are "straight acting" that is a copout

    Quote Originally Posted by Kabluey View Post
    or Not-Particularly-Good-At-acting?
    That is awesome

  33. #283
    Sex God youfiad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Saint Cloud
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Available
    Posts
    974

    Code of Conduct

    Re: If you ever say you are "straight acting" that is a copout

    Quote Originally Posted by MoufOfKhaos View Post
    So your opinion is that a term like straight-acting can only have one right answer based upon the person speaking the term?

    That's bizarre, and absolutely short-sighted. Usually I don't even waste the time to argue semantics, but if you're gonna cite a far-fetched percentage, at least have big enough balls to prove that it's more than just an opinion, otherwise why play a numbers game at all?
    Can only have one right answer? I honestly have no idea what you're even trying to say.

  34. #284

    Re: If you ever say you are "straight acting" that is a copout

    *wonders if thread will make it to 10 pages before midnight*

  35. #285
    Sex God youfiad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Saint Cloud
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Available
    Posts
    974

    Code of Conduct

    Re: If you ever say you are "straight acting" that is a copout

    Quote Originally Posted by Rolyo85 View Post
    Jeez, I wish there were 6 pages after the first post explaining what's offensive about it and why it's actually woefully inaccurate... Whatever gave you the impression any of us don't understand what the term means?
    Well, if you don't like it, don't use the term. Problem solved. For some, it happens to mean a lot; to where no other adjective can even compare. Masculine is not a synonym, although it does have similarities.

  36. #286
    Lions&Tigers&Bears Oh My!
    eastofeden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Silicon Valley
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Partnered
    Posts
    5,432
    Blog Entries
    2

    Code of Conduct

    Re: If you ever say you are "straight acting" that is a copout

    Quote Originally Posted by youfiad View Post
    Can only have one right answer? I honestly have no idea what you're even trying to say.
    You said 99.99999% "understand" what is implied. That is certainly not the case. If you read this thread you will easily see that is not the case.

    (I know you didn't address that to me but I wanted to give you my POV anyway )

  37. #287
    Execuvette Rolyo85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Boystown, Chicago
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    8,930

    Code of Conduct

    Re: If you ever say you are "straight acting" that is a copout

    It won't. People got tired.
    That we are capable only of being what we are, remains our unforgivable sin.
    - Gene Wolfe

  38. #288
    Sex God youfiad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Saint Cloud
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Available
    Posts
    974

    Code of Conduct

    Re: If you ever say you are "straight acting" that is a copout

    Quote Originally Posted by eastofeden View Post
    You said 99.99999% "understand" what is implied. That is certainly not the case. If you read this thread you will easily see that is not the case.

    (I know you didn't address that to me but I wanted to give you my POV anyway )
    That's sadly pathetic then.

  39. #289
    Lions&Tigers&Bears Oh My!
    eastofeden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Silicon Valley
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Partnered
    Posts
    5,432
    Blog Entries
    2

    Code of Conduct

    Re: If you ever say you are "straight acting" that is a copout

    Quote Originally Posted by youfiad View Post
    That's sadly pathetic then.
    If people don't see things the way you do...it is sadly pathetic? May I ask...are you one of the straight acting people that I should implicitly understand?

  40. #290
    Execuvette Rolyo85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Boystown, Chicago
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    8,930

    Code of Conduct

    Re: If you ever say you are "straight acting" that is a copout

    Quote Originally Posted by youfiad View Post
    Well, if you don't like it, don't use the term. Problem solved. For some, it happens to mean a lot; to where no other adjective can even compare. Masculine is not a synonym, although it does have similarities.
    Wow. Such a unique term, so full of nuance that no other adjective can even compare.

    Laughable.

    I want you to stand in front of a black guy and tell him that if he doesn't like being called a nigger, he can just not use the word.
    That we are capable only of being what we are, remains our unforgivable sin.
    - Gene Wolfe

  41. #291
    Kien
    Guest

    Re: If you ever say you are "straight acting" that is a copout

    Rolyo banned..oh boy.

  42. #292
    Sex God youfiad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Saint Cloud
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Available
    Posts
    974

    Code of Conduct

    Re: If you ever say you are "straight acting" that is a copout

    Quote Originally Posted by Rolyo85 View Post
    Wow. Such a unique term, so full of nuance that no other adjective can even compare.

    Laughable.

    I want you to stand in front of a black guy and tell him that if he doesn't like being called a nigger, he can just not use the word.
    Horrible example. One is just a pejorative synonym for the other. straight-acting doesn't have an equivalent.

  43. #293
    Sex God youfiad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Saint Cloud
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Available
    Posts
    974

    Code of Conduct

    Re: If you ever say you are "straight acting" that is a copout

    Quote Originally Posted by eastofeden View Post
    If people don't see things the way you do...it is sadly pathetic? May I ask...are you one of the straight acting people that I should implicitly understand?
    Yes. it is pathetic. Because what they're trying to do is impart their perception of the use of the word into a way of shaming those who use it, who evidently use it in similar ways.

    Your question is highly irrelevant, so I will not even address it.

  44. #294
    Ruminating
    sixthson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Partnered
    Posts
    11,536
    Blog Entries
    16

    Code of Conduct

    Re: If you ever say you are "straight acting" that is a copout

    Quote Originally Posted by Kien View Post
    Rolyo banned..oh boy.
    Maybe the mods found out he was a gay acting straight man?
    Everyone wants to be heard. No one wants to listen.

  45. #295
    Execuvette Rolyo85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Boystown, Chicago
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    8,930

    Code of Conduct

    Re: If you ever say you are "straight acting" that is a copout

    It seems to have been a near-death experience only. I can't see any of my posts though -_-
    That we are capable only of being what we are, remains our unforgivable sin.
    - Gene Wolfe

  46. #296
    Execuvette Rolyo85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Boystown, Chicago
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    8,930

    Code of Conduct

    Re: If you ever say you are "straight acting" that is a copout

    Quote Originally Posted by youfiad View Post
    Horrible example. One is just a pejorative synonym for the other. straight-acting doesn't have an equivalent.
    Seriously? Can you explain what this unique term means then? Or is it so unique as to be impossible to even define?
    That we are capable only of being what we are, remains our unforgivable sin.
    - Gene Wolfe

  47. #297
    Sex God youfiad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Saint Cloud
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Available
    Posts
    974

    Code of Conduct

    Re: If you ever say you are "straight acting" that is a copout

    Quote Originally Posted by Rolyo85 View Post
    Seriously? Can you explain what this unique term means then? Or is it so unique as to be impossible to even define?
    Of course I can explain. However, I'm not going to do so in such an openly hostile forum. People get far too emotionally invested into such trivial matters.

  48. #298
    Execuvette Rolyo85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Boystown, Chicago
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    8,930

    Code of Conduct

    Re: If you ever say you are "straight acting" that is a copout

    Quote Originally Posted by youfiad View Post
    Of course I can explain. However, I'm not going to do so in such an openly hostile forum. People get far too emotionally invested into such trivial matters.
    You know it's really embarrassing for you when you go in a topic guns blazing and then accuse everyone of being hostile when they challenge your posts, right? It's a total facepalm moment.
    That we are capable only of being what we are, remains our unforgivable sin.
    - Gene Wolfe

  49. #299
    JUB Addict Anders123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Melbourne
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    1,910

    Code of Conduct

    Re: If you ever say you are "straight acting" that is a copout

    Setting aside what is or isn't offensive for a moment, I question the logic of a person perpetuating the very stereotype they claim to despise.

    If you don't like the stereotype that gay men are effeminate, why would you use straight-acting as a synonym for masculine? It just seems nonsensical. Despite the extra syllable supposedly involved, wouldn't you rather break down that stereotype by identifying as a masculine gay man instead of validating it by saying you're gay but behave like a straight guy?

    If you tell a straight person that you're straight-acting, it really doesn't do much to challenge the 'gay = effeminate' stereotype, it just implies that you're part of the exception (thereby proving the existence of a rule). "I'm gay but act like a straight guy" suggests that there is a difference in the way straight and gay men conduct themselves. Given that in this context 'straight-acting' is used synonymously with 'masculine', the implication there is that gay men are feminine; the very stereotype you claim to dislike.

  50. #300
    Lions&Tigers&Bears Oh My!
    eastofeden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Silicon Valley
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Partnered
    Posts
    5,432
    Blog Entries
    2

    Code of Conduct

    Re: If you ever say you are "straight acting" that is a copout

    Quote Originally Posted by youfiad View Post
    Yes. it is pathetic. Because what they're trying to do is impart their perception of the use of the word into a way of shaming those who use it, who evidently use it in similar ways.

    Your question is highly irrelevant, so I will not even address it.
    DAMN. I bet you don't see the irony of you using the shame analogy to describe other people's perceptions.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | About JustUsBoys.com | Site Map | RSS | Webmasters | Advertise | Link to JUB | Report A Bug on this Page

Visit our sister sites: Broke Straight Boys | CollegeDudes.com | CollegeBoyPhysicals.com | RocketTube
All models appearing on JustUsBoys.com were over 18 at the time of photography. The records for sexually explicit images required by U.S. 2257 are kept by the
individual producers of the images. The location of the records is available by clicking the Custodian of Records link at the bottom of each gallery page.
© 2012 JustUsBoys.com. The JustUsBoys.com name and logo are registered trademarks. Labeled with ICRA and RTA. Member of ASACP and The Free Speech Coalition.