JustUsBoys.com gay porn forum

logo

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 50 of 60
  1. #1
    I can't breathe. chrisrobin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    8,420

    Code of Conduct

    Boycott Starbuck's

    .
    Starbucks to customers: Please don't bring your guns!

    http://money.cnn.com/2013/09/18/news...uns/index.html

    No guns? What kind of coffee shop is this?

    Howard Schultz must be one of those bleeding-heart, gun-grabbing, anti-American gun grabbers!

    What a fanatic! He's not going to alter Starbuck's benefits because of Obamacare either.

    ^he removes tongue firmly implanted in cheek.

    ...with history the final judge of our deeds. - JFK

  2. #2
    JUB Addict justdra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Valdosta
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    1,182

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Boycott Starbuck's

    All those latte drinkers will not stop going to Starbucks, they will just go thru the drive thru because they are hooked, lol. I live in South Ga and our Starbucks is right off the interstate and stays packed, this will blow up only on sites using Starbucks to rake in the money but I doubt it will put a dent in their sales.
    He got that thickness, the kind that make you get up makin' biscuits with breakfast, so gone - Jill Scott - So Gone

  3. #3
    JUB Addict maxpowr9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Boston
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Open Relationship
    Posts
    8,839
    Blog Entries
    3

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Boycott Starbuck's

    I just want someone with a gun that has is an open-carry state to show up at a Starbucks and see what happens.

    This is why I cannot stomach any wealthy "progressivist".

  4. #4
    JUB Addict T-Rexx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    4,897

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Boycott Starbuck's

    I guess too many baristas were being pistol-whipped over the price of lattes.

  5. #5
    JUB Addict maxpowr9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Boston
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Open Relationship
    Posts
    8,839
    Blog Entries
    3

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Boycott Starbuck's

    Quote Originally Posted by T-Rexx View Post
    I guess too many baristas were being pistol-whipped over the price of lattes.
    Eh, do what I do, get a doppio [that's two shots of espresso] in a tall cup and head over to the bar and pour w/e milk you want into it. I pay $2.08 for a doppio and it's cheaper than a regular cup of coffee for more caffeine. The Starbucks near me has such prisses that they now even put soy milk on the bar for free so I can have a "cold" soy latte for less than a cup of normal coffee.

  6. #6
    I can't breathe. chrisrobin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    8,420

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Boycott Starbuck's

    Quote Originally Posted by maxpowr9 View Post
    This is why I cannot stomach any wealthy "progressivist".
    Several years ago, McDonald's went from the plastic "clamshell" to a cardboard one. Currently, sandwiches are wrapped in heavy-duty paper. This was more of a PR gimmick rather than actually going easier on the environment.

    ...with history the final judge of our deeds. - JFK

  7. #7
    JUB Addict maxpowr9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Boston
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Open Relationship
    Posts
    8,839
    Blog Entries
    3

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Boycott Starbuck's

    Quote Originally Posted by chrisrobin View Post
    Several years ago, McDonald's went from the plastic "clamshell" to a cardboard one. Currently, sandwiches are wrapped in heavy-duty paper. This was more of a PR gimmick rather than actually going easier on the environment.
    That's the only reason corporations bought into the "green" movement. If it didn't save them money, they wouldn't have cared. A good example is the dye in plastic bottles. Nearly every bottle now is "clear" because the companies realized they were wasting money on dying plastic bottles when the customer clearly did not care. The label is all that matters.

  8. #8
    Bammer's Papa
    Kulindahr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    on the foggy, damp, redneck Oregon coast
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Bisexual
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    104,093
    Blog Entries
    78

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Boycott Starbuck's

    Quote Originally Posted by maxpowr9 View Post
    I just want someone with a gun that has is an open-carry state to show up at a Starbucks and see what happens.

    This is why I cannot stomach any wealthy "progressivist".
    If they're doing what the CEO said, the person with the gun will be served just like everyone else.

    "Thirty-one* states allow all qualified citizens to carry concealed weapons. In those states, homosexuals should embark on organized efforts to become comfortable with guns, learn to use them safely and carry them. They should set up Pink Pistols task forces, sponsor shooting courses and help homosexuals get licensed to carry. And they should do it in a way that gets as much publicity as possible. "

    --Jonathan Rauch, Salon Magazine, March 13, 2000

    *the number is now forty

  9. #9

    Re: Boycott Starbuck's

    As predicted, the gun nuts are trying to organize a boycott of Starbucks.

    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...n_3800127.html

    I hope they boycott Starbucks. I hope they boycott every place people congregate.

    Any gun nut who participates in this is someone too crazy to own a gun.

  10. #10
    Cold November Rain Alnitak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Maryland
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Open Relationship
    Posts
    5,518
    Blog Entries
    2

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Boycott Starbuck's

    Folger's and milk and I'm good to start my day... or evening depending on how badly I procrastinated.

  11. #11
    CE&P Secret Police xbuzzerx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Posts
    10,753

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Boycott Starbuck's

    Quote Originally Posted by Alnitak View Post
    Folger's and milk and I'm good to start my day... or evening depending on how badly I procrastinated.
    McDonalds coffee receives undue hate/not enough love for how good it tastes and the cost imho.

  12. #12
    Cold November Rain Alnitak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Maryland
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Open Relationship
    Posts
    5,518
    Blog Entries
    2

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Boycott Starbuck's

    Quote Originally Posted by xbuzzerx View Post
    McDonalds coffee receives undue hate/not enough love for how good it tastes and the cost imho.
    All that matters is quality control over the roasting and grinding. Bad coffee is roasted improperly, has lost its volatile aromatic compounds, or worse gone rancid. Quality control should keep air exposure to an absolute minimum.

  13. #13
    FEAR THE LIBERAL DETENTE! TX-Beau's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Austin
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Open Relationship
    Posts
    8,618

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Boycott Starbuck's

    Y'all are going to hate me - I start my day with Jamaican Blue that I get from a friend (wholesaler) on the coast.

    I guarantee you it's better than Mickey D's.

    It's not "just" roasting and grinding.
    ATTACK OF THE LIBERAL ELITE

  14. #14
    Bammer's Papa
    Kulindahr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    on the foggy, damp, redneck Oregon coast
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Bisexual
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    104,093
    Blog Entries
    78

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Boycott Starbuck's

    Quote Originally Posted by CowboyBob View Post
    As predicted, the gun nuts are trying to organize a boycott of Starbucks.

    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...n_3800127.html

    I hope they boycott Starbucks. I hope they boycott every place people congregate.

    Any gun nut who participates in this is someone too crazy to own a gun.
    Just like Springer, you fail to read your own link.

    "Thirty-one* states allow all qualified citizens to carry concealed weapons. In those states, homosexuals should embark on organized efforts to become comfortable with guns, learn to use them safely and carry them. They should set up Pink Pistols task forces, sponsor shooting courses and help homosexuals get licensed to carry. And they should do it in a way that gets as much publicity as possible. "

    --Jonathan Rauch, Salon Magazine, March 13, 2000

    *the number is now forty

  15. #15
    Cold November Rain Alnitak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Maryland
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Open Relationship
    Posts
    5,518
    Blog Entries
    2

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Boycott Starbuck's

    Oops I didn't see this was a CEP thread. Sorry for the levity

  16. #16
    CE&P Secret Police xbuzzerx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Posts
    10,753

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Boycott Starbuck's

    Quote Originally Posted by TX-Beau View Post
    Y'all are going to hate me - I start my day with Jamaican Blue that I get from a friend (wholesaler) on the coast.

    I guarantee you it's better than Mickey D's.

    It's not "just" roasting and grinding.
    Oh I'm sure it is, I certainly don't think McDonald's coffee is highbrow or the best quality out there by any means. But given the choice between 2.72 for a large at the drive thru and having to park and go in and pay $4.50, I have wound up going to McDonald's and never to Starbucks. Plus I think their coffee tastes like burned coffee grinds.

  17. #17
    FEAR THE LIBERAL DETENTE! TX-Beau's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Austin
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Open Relationship
    Posts
    8,618

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Boycott Starbuck's

    Starbuck's cold brews - and while there are people who insist this is preferable, I maintain that temp and water are key. Most commercial and home coffee makers don't get the water hot enough for optimum and so yeah, Starbucks is better, but if you can find the right home machine, buy a thermal carafe and brew the good shit at home, it may even be cheaper than Mickey d's.
    ATTACK OF THE LIBERAL ELITE

  18. #18

    Re: Boycott Starbuck's

    Quote Originally Posted by Kulindahr View Post
    Just like Springer, you fail to read your own link.
    OOOPS, I did read it but misread it. Sorry.

    And don't ever compare me to Springer. I know how these gun threads get you into a tizzy but you don't need to sink that low.

    But thank you for a one sentence reply instead of the usual dissertation. (There.... I had to get my own little dig in.)

  19. #19
    Bammer's Papa
    Kulindahr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    on the foggy, damp, redneck Oregon coast
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Bisexual
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    104,093
    Blog Entries
    78

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Boycott Starbuck's

    Quote Originally Posted by CowboyBob View Post
    OOOPS, I did read it but misread it. Sorry.

    And don't ever compare me to Springer. I know how these gun threads get you into a tizzy but you don't need to sink that low.

    But thank you for a one sentence reply instead of the usual dissertation. (There.... I had to get my own little dig in.)
    You intersect with Springer rarely enough it's fun to point it out when you do.

    The thing is, your posting has variety -- his is... anemically predictable. Or predictably anemic...

    "Thirty-one* states allow all qualified citizens to carry concealed weapons. In those states, homosexuals should embark on organized efforts to become comfortable with guns, learn to use them safely and carry them. They should set up Pink Pistols task forces, sponsor shooting courses and help homosexuals get licensed to carry. And they should do it in a way that gets as much publicity as possible. "

    --Jonathan Rauch, Salon Magazine, March 13, 2000

    *the number is now forty

  20. #20

    Re: Boycott Starbuck's

    Quote Originally Posted by Kulindahr View Post
    You intersect with Springer rarely enough it's fun to point it out when you do.

    The thing is, your posting has variety -- his is... anemically predictable. Or predictably anemic...
    I have to admit there was a lot of commotion going on in the room when I was reading the article so that's why.

    But this is "interpersonal commentary," which is verboten.

    Back to topic.....Starbucks.

  21. #21
    Cold November Rain Alnitak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Maryland
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Open Relationship
    Posts
    5,518
    Blog Entries
    2

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Boycott Starbuck's

    I miss the days when we pulled each other's hair and threw the fine china around.

  22. #22
    CE&P Secret Police xbuzzerx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Posts
    10,753

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Boycott Starbuck's

    Quote Originally Posted by Alnitak View Post
    I miss the days when we pulled each other's hair and threw the fine china around.
    do u mean the days
    with posts like these?
    how typical of u
    im not surprised--

  23. #23
    Cold November Rain Alnitak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Maryland
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Open Relationship
    Posts
    5,518
    Blog Entries
    2

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Boycott Starbuck's

    Quote Originally Posted by xbuzzerx View Post
    do u mean the days
    with posts like these?
    how typical of u
    im not surprised--
    Wild Wild JUB free-for-alls. Hurry before the mods wake up, fling some more shit!

  24. #24
    Bammer's Papa
    Kulindahr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    on the foggy, damp, redneck Oregon coast
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Bisexual
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    104,093
    Blog Entries
    78

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Boycott Starbuck's

    Quote Originally Posted by xbuzzerx View Post
    do u mean the days
    with posts like these?
    how typical of u
    im not surprised--


    I almost spilled my Starbucks.

    "Thirty-one* states allow all qualified citizens to carry concealed weapons. In those states, homosexuals should embark on organized efforts to become comfortable with guns, learn to use them safely and carry them. They should set up Pink Pistols task forces, sponsor shooting courses and help homosexuals get licensed to carry. And they should do it in a way that gets as much publicity as possible. "

    --Jonathan Rauch, Salon Magazine, March 13, 2000

    *the number is now forty

  25. #25
    veni, vidi, reliqui
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Partnered
    Posts
    33,632

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Boycott Starbuck's


  26. #26
    I can't breathe. chrisrobin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    8,420

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Boycott Starbuck's

    Quote Originally Posted by CowboyBob View Post
    As predicted, the gun nuts are trying to organize a boycott of Starbucks.

    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...n_3800127.html

    I hope they boycott Starbucks. I hope they boycott every place people congregate.

    Any gun nut who participates in this is someone too crazy to own a gun.


    I hope they boycott Starbucks. I hope they boycott every place people congregate.
    I hope they boycott the planet.

    ...with history the final judge of our deeds. - JFK

  27. #27
    CE&P Secret Police xbuzzerx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Posts
    10,753

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Boycott Starbuck's

    I have to question how many people who insist on carrying rifles on their back or guns in public view as an intentional political/intimidation tactic (and that's exactly how I view it) patronize Starbucks anyway.

    Good riddance if they don't come in. No one wants to see someone with a prominent firearm come into a casual eating/drinking location.

  28. #28
    Bammer's Papa
    Kulindahr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    on the foggy, damp, redneck Oregon coast
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Bisexual
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    104,093
    Blog Entries
    78

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Boycott Starbuck's

    Quote Originally Posted by xbuzzerx View Post
    No one wants to see someone with a prominent firearm come into a casual eating/drinking location.
    Why?

    "Thirty-one* states allow all qualified citizens to carry concealed weapons. In those states, homosexuals should embark on organized efforts to become comfortable with guns, learn to use them safely and carry them. They should set up Pink Pistols task forces, sponsor shooting courses and help homosexuals get licensed to carry. And they should do it in a way that gets as much publicity as possible. "

    --Jonathan Rauch, Salon Magazine, March 13, 2000

    *the number is now forty

  29. #29
    CE&P Secret Police xbuzzerx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Posts
    10,753

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Boycott Starbuck's

    Quote Originally Posted by Kulindahr View Post
    Why?
    Well bear in mind, Kul, I don't live in the sticks. I live in a major city. 20 local guys coming in fresh from their duck hunt is simply not something I'm ever going to see around here. If someone came into my local Starbucks with a gun on their back, there's two reasons for it. He's going to shoot up the place, or he's there to be a douchebag and make a political statement, almost like an "I dare anyone to say something about it." It makes everyone uncomfortable, if not afraid, all so that one douchebag can get off on his political statement. He has no more business doing that in a civil society knowing full well how people are going to feel about it than he does whipping his dick out or carrying an unsheathed combat knife in with him.

  30. #30
    Bammer's Papa
    Kulindahr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    on the foggy, damp, redneck Oregon coast
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Bisexual
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    104,093
    Blog Entries
    78

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Boycott Starbuck's

    Quote Originally Posted by xbuzzerx View Post
    Well bear in mind, Kul, I don't live in the sticks. I live in a major city. 20 local guys coming in fresh from their duck hunt is simply not something I'm ever going to see around here. If someone came into my local Starbucks with a gun on their back, there's two reasons for it. He's going to shoot up the place, or he's there to be a douchebag and make a political statement, almost like an "I dare anyone to say something about it." It makes everyone uncomfortable, if not afraid, all so that one douchebag can get off on his political statement. He has no more business doing that in a civil society knowing full well how people are going to feel about it than he does whipping his dick out or carrying an unsheathed combat knife in with him.
    So he's supposed to suppress his own exercise of liberty because other people will feel "uncomfortable"?

    "Other people" should get educated and grow up.

    "Thirty-one* states allow all qualified citizens to carry concealed weapons. In those states, homosexuals should embark on organized efforts to become comfortable with guns, learn to use them safely and carry them. They should set up Pink Pistols task forces, sponsor shooting courses and help homosexuals get licensed to carry. And they should do it in a way that gets as much publicity as possible. "

    --Jonathan Rauch, Salon Magazine, March 13, 2000

    *the number is now forty

  31. #31
    CE&P Secret Police xbuzzerx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Posts
    10,753

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Boycott Starbuck's

    Quote Originally Posted by Kulindahr View Post
    So he's supposed to suppress his own exercise of liberty because other people will feel "uncomfortable"?

    "Other people" should get educated and grow up.
    Oh don't give me that crap Kul. You live in rural or semi-rural Oregon. You're pretty far removed from spree shootings and daily murders, drive-by's and gun homicides. If your life experience was hearing about the latest shot-up convenience store or six people murdered in a restaurant you've been to, you would feel differently about being in a public space in metropolitan Los Angeles and seeing some random stranger come in with a gun in plain view.

    Maybe if you had to live daily in the fallout of the gun culture you have no problem with, your views would change. It's easy to feel guns are no problem out in the sticks. I know it's shocking, but people who live around gun killings somehow prioritize their common sense and sense of self-preservation over someone else wanting to have some aggressive expression of the 2nd Amendment in their face. As bizarre as that may be to you.
    Last edited by xbuzzerx; September 20th, 2013 at 11:10 AM.

  32. #32
    Bammer's Papa
    Kulindahr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    on the foggy, damp, redneck Oregon coast
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Bisexual
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    104,093
    Blog Entries
    78

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Boycott Starbuck's

    Quote Originally Posted by xbuzzerx View Post
    Oh don't give me that crap Kul. You live in rural or semi-rural Oregon. You're pretty far removed from spree shootings and daily murders, drive-by's and gun homicides. If your life experience was hearing about the latest shot-up convenience store or six people murdered in a restaurant you've been to, you would feel differently about being in a public space in metropolitan Los Angeles and seeing some random stranger come in with a gun in plain view.

    Maybe if you had to live daily in the fallout of the gun culture you have no problem with, your views would change. It's easy to feel guns are no problem out in the sticks. I know it's shocking, but people who live around gun killings somehow prioritize their common sense and sense of self-preservation over someone else wanting to have some aggressive expression of the 2nd Amendment in their face. As bizarre as that may be to you.
    Do you actually live in the "fallout" of the "gun culture"? I really doubt it. You're probably far removed from all those things, too -- or do you actually live in the inner city?

    You're more likely to die of being hit by lightning than from a spree shooting.

    People actually interested in reducing those inner-city occurrences should be fighting to end the subsidy of that violence by the federal government via the misnamed "War on Drugs". Some four fifths of the gun violence in the United States is generated by the government with their indirect price supports for recreational substances.

    Oh -- from the statistics, I worry far more for my safety when a cop unlatches his sidearm than if someone is walking down the street with a rifle: cops are very good at shooting the wrong person (often at the wrong address).

    "Thirty-one* states allow all qualified citizens to carry concealed weapons. In those states, homosexuals should embark on organized efforts to become comfortable with guns, learn to use them safely and carry them. They should set up Pink Pistols task forces, sponsor shooting courses and help homosexuals get licensed to carry. And they should do it in a way that gets as much publicity as possible. "

    --Jonathan Rauch, Salon Magazine, March 13, 2000

    *the number is now forty

  33. #33
    CE&P Secret Police xbuzzerx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Posts
    10,753

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Boycott Starbuck's

    Quote Originally Posted by Kulindahr View Post
    Do you actually live in the "fallout" of the "gun culture"? I really doubt it. You're probably far removed from all those things, too -- or do you actually live in the inner city?

    You're more likely to die of being hit by lightning than from a spree shooting.

    People actually interested in reducing those inner-city occurrences should be fighting to end the subsidy of that violence by the federal government via the misnamed "War on Drugs". Some four fifths of the gun violence in the United States is generated by the government with their indirect price supports for recreational substances.

    Oh -- from the statistics, I worry far more for my safety when a cop unlatches his sidearm than if someone is walking down the street with a rifle: cops are very good at shooting the wrong person (often at the wrong address).
    You're really showing your ignorance here Kul if you think gun killings only happen in a finite area of inner city Los Angeles. Two film students were murdered execution style in the parking lot of the Ralph's grocery store that is two blocks from where I live, and have been to often. One example of many. I don't exactly cover my wall with newspaper clippings of the nearby murders, it's something I prefer not to sit and dwell on on a daily basis. It's just part of life in a big city.

    If your whole comeback here is "oh I doubt your story", then I don't see the basis for a discussion between us. You'd get it if you lived in a big city, which you don't.

  34. #34
    Execuvette Rolyo85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Boystown, Chicago
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    8,930

    Code of Conduct
    Exactly. I live in a very nice neighborhood in uptown Chicago and there are still shootings that happen mere blocks away from me. In the big city going anywhere in public openly flaunting a gun is not only a recipe for extreme tension and possible violence, but it doesn't really translate as exercising rights and liberties as much as being a douche...

    Seriously, how do you not know this stuff, and have these arguments with us, Kuli?
    That we are capable only of being what we are, remains our unforgivable sin.
    - Gene Wolfe

  35. #35
    veni, vidi, reliqui
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Partnered
    Posts
    33,632

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Boycott Starbuck's

    Quote Originally Posted by Kulindahr View Post
    So he's supposed to suppress his own exercise of liberty because other people will feel "uncomfortable"?

    "Other people" should get educated and grow up.
    Or. The gun owners should grow up and leave their toys safely locked in their vehicles when they come into some place for a coffee. The likelihood of them being a hero and saving the day by being armed while drinking a latte is infinitesimal.

    Somehow...even in hunting season, people in the northern Ontario have enough sense to know that the guns they are carrying for hunting are for animals and not for wandering around in bars and restaurants with. The implicit threat in someone carrying an open carry gun is that they are looking to shoot someone. And frankly, a lot of that is borne of paranoiac fantasy.

  36. #36
    FEAR THE LIBERAL DETENTE! TX-Beau's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Austin
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Open Relationship
    Posts
    8,618

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Boycott Starbuck's

    I simply cannot understand people who insist on being able to carry firearms anywhere alcohol is being served.

    What do they think they are going to do? Play Pecos Bill and shoot the shot glassed off the bar for kicks?

    Insane.
    ATTACK OF THE LIBERAL ELITE

  37. #37
    JUB Addict T-Rexx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    4,897

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Boycott Starbuck's

    Quote Originally Posted by rareboy View Post
    Or. The gun owners should grow up and leave their toys safely locked in their vehicles when they come into some place for a coffee.
    Or, the gun owners should leave their toys locked away in a safe until the government tells them they need their guns for the militia.

  38. #38
    FEAR THE LIBERAL DETENTE! TX-Beau's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Austin
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Open Relationship
    Posts
    8,618

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Boycott Starbuck's

    Come the revolution would you really want to live in a world run by 2nd Amendment fanatics - they tend to forget the REST of the Constitution.
    ATTACK OF THE LIBERAL ELITE

  39. #39
    Execuvette Rolyo85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Boystown, Chicago
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    8,930

    Code of Conduct
    Quote Originally Posted by TX-Beau View Post
    Come the revolution would you really want to live in a world run by 2nd Amendment fanatics - they tend to forget the REST of the Constitution.
    That was my point. Somehow the Second supersedes ALL other parts of the constitution.
    That we are capable only of being what we are, remains our unforgivable sin.
    - Gene Wolfe

  40. #40
    Cold November Rain Alnitak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Maryland
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Open Relationship
    Posts
    5,518
    Blog Entries
    2

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Boycott Starbuck's

    Quote Originally Posted by TX-Beau View Post
    Come the revolution would you really want to live in a world run by 2nd Amendment fanatics - they tend to forget the REST of the Constitution.
    I have seen in yahoo comments "you don't really need any amendments after the second one"

  41. #41
    CE&P Secret Police xbuzzerx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Posts
    10,753

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Boycott Starbuck's

    Quote Originally Posted by Alnitak View Post
    I have seen in yahoo comments "you don't really need any amendments after the second one"
    I have seen that more times than I care to count.

    And I always can't help but think that it's almost specially directed at the 13th.

  42. #42
    I can't breathe. chrisrobin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    8,420

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Boycott Starbuck's

    Quote Originally Posted by Alnitak View Post
    I have seen in yahoo comments "you don't really need any amendments after the second one"


    YOU BETCHA!
    Last edited by chrisrobin; September 20th, 2013 at 02:16 PM.

    ...with history the final judge of our deeds. - JFK

  43. #43
    FEAR THE LIBERAL DETENTE! TX-Beau's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Austin
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Open Relationship
    Posts
    8,618

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Boycott Starbuck's

    I've always been baffled why Yosemite Sam was from Yosemite and not like Dodge City.

    Dodge City Doug?

    Tombstone Tom?

    Deadwood Dave?
    ATTACK OF THE LIBERAL ELITE

  44. #44
    Bammer's Papa
    Kulindahr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    on the foggy, damp, redneck Oregon coast
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Bisexual
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    104,093
    Blog Entries
    78

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Boycott Starbuck's

    Quote Originally Posted by xbuzzerx View Post
    You're really showing your ignorance here Kul if you think gun killings only happen in a finite area of inner city Los Angeles. Two film students were murdered execution style in the parking lot of the Ralph's grocery store that is two blocks from where I live, and have been to often. One example of many. I don't exactly cover my wall with newspaper clippings of the nearby murders, it's something I prefer not to sit and dwell on on a daily basis. It's just part of life in a big city.

    If your whole comeback here is "oh I doubt your story", then I don't see the basis for a discussion between us. You'd get it if you lived in a big city, which you don't.
    I've lived in a big city. I took responsibility for my own safety. And the only time I met someone on the street who was armed, we had a nice conversation about lousy police response times and preferring to be alive when they finally showed up.

    "Thirty-one* states allow all qualified citizens to carry concealed weapons. In those states, homosexuals should embark on organized efforts to become comfortable with guns, learn to use them safely and carry them. They should set up Pink Pistols task forces, sponsor shooting courses and help homosexuals get licensed to carry. And they should do it in a way that gets as much publicity as possible. "

    --Jonathan Rauch, Salon Magazine, March 13, 2000

    *the number is now forty

  45. #45
    CE&P Secret Police xbuzzerx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Posts
    10,753

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Boycott Starbuck's

    Quote Originally Posted by Kulindahr View Post
    I've lived in a big city. I took responsibility for my own safety. And the only time I met someone on the street who was armed, we had a nice conversation about lousy police response times and preferring to be alive when they finally showed up.
    That's great. But if you weren't immediately wary in a big city when someone casually came into a business or restaurant with a gun on them, you'd have extremely poor survival instincts and common sense. I'm sorry Kul but "oh man, he has a GUN?! I like him more now, I bet he's a warm salt of the earth person!" is not a common reaction people would have to seeing a stranger carrying a gun around in a public place in a city, nor would it reflect reality very well to make that assumption. The guy is almost undoubtedly, as I said before, a dick HOPING that someone will say something about the gun so that he can get into an argument or confrontation about it, because THAT'S the reason he's carrying it around in a public space if he's in a big city.

    And also I'm really unimpressed with the "I'm a superior species of American because *I* take responsibility for my own safety" crap. There's no meaningful convincing statistics out there that such a mindset has reduced or reliably stops crime, and often when it does the person, as Rolyo said earlier, was in a dangerous situation in the first place because we're in a society where everyone (including the bad guys) has free and easy access to guns. Having some moronic cowboy mindset of how I'm going to personally re-enact the O-K Corral in Starbucks if some baddie comes in is not my idea of being responsible with my own safety, it's reckless vigilantism that has resulted in probably as many manslaughters and "oops" accidental shootings and situations that got out of control as anything else, and an incredibly poor thing to advocate as a way to have a safe and civil society.
    Last edited by xbuzzerx; September 20th, 2013 at 03:11 PM.

  46. #46
    Bammer's Papa
    Kulindahr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    on the foggy, damp, redneck Oregon coast
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Bisexual
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    104,093
    Blog Entries
    78

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Boycott Starbuck's

    Quote Originally Posted by TX-Beau View Post
    I simply cannot understand people who insist on being able to carry firearms anywhere alcohol is being served.

    What do they think they are going to do? Play Pecos Bill and shoot the shot glassed off the bar for kicks?

    Insane.
    There used to be a bar in northeast Oregon that had a gun safe just inside the door, big enough for several dozen guns. Anyone who came in armed was required to check in any firearm just like a cat check.

    That's the sensible way to do it. And away from bars, the policy with everyone I've ever been shooting with is when the first beer comes out, the weapons go away. At shooting ranges in the woods, if you open a beer, you've just ended your time on the firing line -- you don't even get to handle your own weapons any more at that point.

    "Thirty-one* states allow all qualified citizens to carry concealed weapons. In those states, homosexuals should embark on organized efforts to become comfortable with guns, learn to use them safely and carry them. They should set up Pink Pistols task forces, sponsor shooting courses and help homosexuals get licensed to carry. And they should do it in a way that gets as much publicity as possible. "

    --Jonathan Rauch, Salon Magazine, March 13, 2000

    *the number is now forty

  47. #47
    Bammer's Papa
    Kulindahr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    on the foggy, damp, redneck Oregon coast
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Bisexual
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    104,093
    Blog Entries
    78

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Boycott Starbuck's

    Quote Originally Posted by T-Rexx View Post
    Or, the gun owners should leave their toys locked away in a safe until the government tells them they need their guns for the militia.
    That contradicts the concept of a militia, actually. But you're essentially talking about what used to be called an armory, where a militia kept all weapons not in everyday use by members. Trying to seize those armories was how the British Crown sparked the American Revolution.

    "Thirty-one* states allow all qualified citizens to carry concealed weapons. In those states, homosexuals should embark on organized efforts to become comfortable with guns, learn to use them safely and carry them. They should set up Pink Pistols task forces, sponsor shooting courses and help homosexuals get licensed to carry. And they should do it in a way that gets as much publicity as possible. "

    --Jonathan Rauch, Salon Magazine, March 13, 2000

    *the number is now forty

  48. #48
    CE&P Secret Police xbuzzerx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Posts
    10,753

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Boycott Starbuck's

    Quote Originally Posted by Kulindahr View Post
    There used to be a bar in northeast Oregon that had a gun safe just inside the door, big enough for several dozen guns. Anyone who came in armed was required to check in any firearm just like a cat check.
    Well since you defend the carrying around of guns as people just taking responsibility for their safety then the guns are pretty damn worthless in the safe when four guys in ski masks with semiautomatics come in to rob the bar, aren't they?

  49. #49
    Bammer's Papa
    Kulindahr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    on the foggy, damp, redneck Oregon coast
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Bisexual
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    104,093
    Blog Entries
    78

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Boycott Starbuck's

    Quote Originally Posted by TX-Beau View Post
    Come the revolution would you really want to live in a world run by 2nd Amendment fanatics - they tend to forget the REST of the Constitution.
    That's the propaganda. But in truth they are just about as fanatic about the complete Constitution.*


    *except for a stubborn batch who think the Constitution should still end with the Tenth.

    "Thirty-one* states allow all qualified citizens to carry concealed weapons. In those states, homosexuals should embark on organized efforts to become comfortable with guns, learn to use them safely and carry them. They should set up Pink Pistols task forces, sponsor shooting courses and help homosexuals get licensed to carry. And they should do it in a way that gets as much publicity as possible. "

    --Jonathan Rauch, Salon Magazine, March 13, 2000

    *the number is now forty

  50. #50
    Bammer's Papa
    Kulindahr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    on the foggy, damp, redneck Oregon coast
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Bisexual
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    104,093
    Blog Entries
    78

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Boycott Starbuck's

    Quote Originally Posted by xbuzzerx View Post
    Well since you defend the carrying around of guns as people just taking responsibility for their safety then the guns are pretty damn worthless in the safe when four guys in ski masks with semiautomatics come in to rob the bar, aren't they?
    The bartenders and head bouncer had access to the bar's arms.

    "Thirty-one* states allow all qualified citizens to carry concealed weapons. In those states, homosexuals should embark on organized efforts to become comfortable with guns, learn to use them safely and carry them. They should set up Pink Pistols task forces, sponsor shooting courses and help homosexuals get licensed to carry. And they should do it in a way that gets as much publicity as possible. "

    --Jonathan Rauch, Salon Magazine, March 13, 2000

    *the number is now forty

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | About JustUsBoys.com | Site Map | RSS | Webmasters | Advertise | Link to JUB | Report A Bug on this Page

Visit our sister sites: Broke Straight Boys | CollegeDudes.com | CollegeBoyPhysicals.com | RocketTube
All models appearing on JustUsBoys.com were over 18 at the time of photography. The records for sexually explicit images required by U.S. 2257 are kept by the
individual producers of the images. The location of the records is available by clicking the Custodian of Records link at the bottom of each gallery page.
© 2012 JustUsBoys.com. The JustUsBoys.com name and logo are registered trademarks. Labeled with ICRA and RTA. Member of ASACP and The Free Speech Coalition.