JustUsBoys.com gay porn forum

logo

remove these banner ads by becoming a JUB Supporter.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 123 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 100 of 186
  1. #51
    JUB Addict T-Rexx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    4,626

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Obama Care will require disclosure if you are sexually active and with same sex.

    Quote Originally Posted by Benvolio View Post
    Alas, the question is not as simple as the liberals would like us to think. The full 20,000 or whatever regulations have not been released, but this is from the Preventative Services Task Force: "In men, as in women, it is important that physicians take a thorough sexual history to assess if the patient engages in high-risk sexual behavior. In men who have sex with men, it is important to focus on high-risk sexual behavior and not on sexual orientation."
    The United States Preventative Services Task Force is a private group of medical experts who have taken it upon themselves to make recommendations concerning standards of care in medicine. It is an attempt by the medical profession to improve the quality of care in America. It was established in 1984. It has nothing to do with Obamacare. You are objecting to the recommendations of doctors as to how they believe they should be doing their jobs.


    Quote Originally Posted by Benvolio View Post
    The Obama care law, then links to the Task Force requirements. " I direct such skeptics to section 4103 of the ObamaCare law (as amended and presently linked to the HHS website) and to “Annual Wellness Visit.”

    In that section, one will find: “E) The establishment of, or an update to, the following: ‘(i) A screening schedule for the next 5 to 10 years, as appropriate, based on recommendations of the United States Preventive Services Task Force (see link for STI screening) and the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices, and the individual’s health status, screening history, and age- appropriate preventive services covered under this title.’ Preventive services, as in, “Sexually Transmitted Infection prevention counseling.”
    The latter is from this article:http://www.ijreview.com/2013/09/7930...tion-sex-life/
    Obamacare does not mandate that physicians practice according to the guidelines of the US Preventative Task Services Force. It recommends that physicians use their own practice standards when appropriate. You, however, seem to object to physicians being free to act according to their own standards.

    I appreciate that you Republicans are great champions of intervening into the relationship between doctor and patient. I do not agree. I believe the best medicine is conducted when doctors are free to practice according to their own conscience, training and understanding.

    I mean you no offense, but I trust my own doctor's recommendations regarding my health more than I do John Boehner's or Mitch McConnell's recommendations.



    Quote Originally Posted by Benvolio View Post
    I think few American gays would want to be REQUIRED to disclose their orientation and activity. I have always believed, and continue to believe, that most Doctors will relate to a gay man differently.
    Fine. If you object to being honest with your doctor, then I suggest that you lie to him/her. That seems to be the Republican approach to everything, these days. There is no requirement under Obamacare that you be truthful to your physician, just as there is no requirement that he/she discuss you sexual health with you. A word of advice, however. He/she is probably going to know you are lying. They do this for a living, and they know more than you think they do. And, frankly, you are not very good at it.

    But, what does any of this have to do with Obamacare?


    Quote Originally Posted by Benvolio View Post
    You post confirms that other countries require it, which makes it likely that the new US regulation will require it as well. Those liberals on this forum screeching that it will not happen are in for a big surprise.
    Disclosure of sexual orientation or sexual activity is not required in any country on earth as part of a routine examination or checkup. (Physicians everywhere, however, would be appalled if this important aspect of patient health was ignored).

    If you happen to seek treatment for, and be diagnosed with, a sexually transmitted disease, however, you can expect to be questioned about your sexual activity and partners. This is because the state has an interest in preventing diseases from spreading through the population, not because a bad president wants to know about your sex life.


    Quote Originally Posted by Benvolio View Post
    My Doctor has my records available on line, and I am not impressed. He or his assistant uses voice recognition software without editing and some is garbled. His record says falsely that I have hypertension. When I asked him on the next visit, he brushed it aside, confirming that I do not. But then, on my next visit, the claim shows up again. I understand that Doctors will not want to hire personnel to visit with patients about their online records, so there will be no way to correct mistakes. I certainly do not want personal information on the site. When the Federal Government requires me to answer the questions, I plan to lie.
    If you object to the quality of your doctor's record-keeping, and he/she is not sensitive to your concerns, you are always free to find another doctor more responsive to you concerns.

    But what does that have to do with Obamacare?
    Last edited by T-Rexx; September 17th, 2013 at 10:38 AM.

  2. #52
    JUB Addict vulgar_newcomer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    St. Petersburg
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    2,662

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Obama Care will require disclosure if you are sexually active and with same sex.

    I've been watching when these threads post on various forums that I visit. From music to gardening and without fail the very same topics often with the exact same titles appear on the same date. Additionally a good friends nut job tea bagger wife somehow got my email and floods my mailbox with spam cc a massive address list with crap cut n paste tea bag bullshit on the same date as well.

    It is almost as if they all these far out wing nuts get there marching orders from some big guide book and must spread the filth, lies, and propaganda to everyone they can in hopes of trapping the old low information afraid red necks.
    I am sure they do it for free and could careless if the tripe is fact or bullshit as long as they spread the big lie.

    “The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown”
    ― H.P. Lovecraft, Supernatural Horror in Literature
    Last edited by vulgar_newcomer; September 17th, 2013 at 10:36 AM.

  3. #53
    of the 99%
    Just_Believe18's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    9,195

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Obama Care will require disclosure if you are sexually active and with same sex.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Springer View Post
    The OP is correct. They want to control your life. Will you tell your doctor when you last had sex when only go to see him to get your flu shot.

    Americans will rebel, the AFL-CIO started to last week. I'm not surprised there was not a thread about it here.
    Benvolio has been completely debunked over this absurd issue. To side and believe in him is delusional hysteria.
    #439th oldest member on JUB.

  4. #54
    JUB Addict T-Rexx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    4,626

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Obama Care will require disclosure if you are sexually active and with same sex.

    Quote Originally Posted by vulgar_newcomer View Post
    I've been watching when these threads post on various forums that I visit. From music to gardening and without fail the very same topics often with the exact same titles appear on the same date. Additionally a good friends nut job tea bagger wife somehow got my email and floods my mailbox with spam cc a massive address list with crap cut n paste tea bag bullshit on the same date as well.

    It is almost as if they all these far out wing nuts get there marching orders from some big guide book and must spread the filth, lies, and propaganda to everyone they can in hopes of trapping the old low information afraid red necks.
    I am sure they do it for free and could careless if the tripe is fact or bullshit as long as they spread the big lie.
    The right has a disdain for facts, evidence, reason, and scholarship that I personally find troubling and bizarre.

    This does not serve them well. By ignoring the truth (e.g., Obamacare, global climate change, immigration, energy policy, pollution, you name it) they are unable to fashion realistic policy for the real world. It is causing them to suffer failure after failure after failure. They are digging their own graves.

    It's kind of fun to watch, but also a little tragic. It's like watching an accident in process.

  5. #55

    Re: Obama Care will require disclosure if you are sexually active and with same sex.

    Quote Originally Posted by Just_Believe18 View Post
    Benvolio has been completely debunked over this absurd issue. To side and believe in him is delusional hysteria.
    Debunked how? By you and the others telling him he's wrong. You're calling the doctor in the article a liar?

  6. #56

    Re: Obama Care will require disclosure if you are sexually active and with same sex.

    You do not understand. Section 4103 of the Obama care statute requires providing a wellness review. The statute specifically mandates that they be based on the recommendations of the task force, which in turn mandate that Doctors ask the gay questions. So the task force ideas are now part of the law.

  7. #57
    FEAR THE LIBERAL DETENTE! TX-Beau's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Austin
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Open Relationship
    Posts
    8,061

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Obama Care will require disclosure if you are sexually active and with same sex.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Springer View Post
    Debunked how? By you and the others telling him he's wrong. You're calling the doctor in the article a liar?
    Ahhh, didn't read the thread did you.
    ATTACK OF THE LIBERAL ELITE

  8. #58
    FEAR THE LIBERAL DETENTE! TX-Beau's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Austin
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Open Relationship
    Posts
    8,061

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Obama Care will require disclosure if you are sexually active and with same sex.

    Quote Originally Posted by benvolio View Post
    you do not understand. Section 4103 of the obama care statute requires providing a wellness review. The statute specifically mandates that they be based on the recommendations of the task force, which in turn mandate that doctors ask the gay questions. So the task force ideas are now part of the law.
    I do not like green eggs and ham! I do not like them SAM I am!!!


    LOL
    ATTACK OF THE LIBERAL ELITE

  9. #59
    CE&P Secret Police xbuzzerx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Posts
    9,984

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Obama Care will require disclosure if you are sexually active and with same sex.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Springer View Post
    Debunked how? By you and the others telling him he's wrong. You're calling the doctor in the article a liar?
    Hey Jack, did you know that GOP think tanks pay people with any science degree to sign big statements of "scientists" that global warming isn't real?

    Being able to pay off one ideologue to say what you want him to doesn't make what he's saying the truth.

  10. #60
    Slut
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Partnered
    Posts
    269

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Obama Care will require disclosure if you are sexually active and with same sex.

    Perhaps these two republican "truthers" can follow the sage advice of their most favored first lady--Nancy Reagan. JUST SAY NO.

    And if they can't, perhaps they can get treatment through Obamacare...surely it provides for some measure of substance abuse assistance...

  11. #61
    The Journey of a Lifetime Adrock-JD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Posts
    5,828

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Obama Care will require disclosure if you are sexually active and with same sex.

    Decades ago, my employer let me in on the fact that our health insurance company was charging higher rates for single males over the age of 26 because of HIV risk. Of course, along with other risks that statistically are associated more with unmarried younger males than married ones.

    Auto manufacturers will do a cost analysis if a model is found to be defective. Projected number of deaths/injuries x average lawsuit settlement = A vs number of recalls required to fix problem x price per recall = B
    If A is significantly less than B then they do not issue a recall because it is cheaper to settle the death/injury lawsuits.

    Bottom line: Companies don't really give a fuck if you're gay or whatever. It's all about the money. It's only about the money.

  12. #62
    Impish and Mercurial Rolyo85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Boystown, Chicago
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    8,679

    Code of Conduct
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Springer View Post

    Debunked how? By you and the others telling him he's wrong. You're calling the doctor in the article a liar?
    Um, the article doesn't say what Benvolio claims it does. He has been debunked by quotes from his own link. This happens often to both of you.
    That we are capable only of being what we are, remains our unforgivable sin.
    - Gene Wolfe

  13. #63
    CE&P Secret Police xbuzzerx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Posts
    9,984

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Obama Care will require disclosure if you are sexually active and with same sex.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rolyo85 View Post
    Um, the article doesn't say what Benvolio claims it does. He has been debunked by quotes from his own link. This happens often to both of you.
    Yup. They read into it what some conservative blogger or pundit put it into their head to read at whatever right-wing site they lifted the link and story from. All I saw in the quoted text was a description of what is absolutely ordinary practice by any doctor in the western world. They treat and advise precautions or health measures for you based on your medical conditions and lifestyle. Next up: OBAMACARE castigates fat people by telling doctors to help overweight patients lose weight!

  14. #64
    JUB Addict T-Rexx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    4,626

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Obama Care will require disclosure if you are sexually active and with same sex.

    Quote Originally Posted by Benvolio View Post
    You do not understand. Section 4103 of the Obama care statute requires providing a wellness review. The statute specifically mandates that they be based on the recommendations of the task force, which in turn mandate that Doctors ask the gay questions. So the task force ideas are now part of the law.
    No, it doesn't.

    There is a recommendation that physicians follow their own USPSTF guidelines, since the federal government does not wish to be in the business of telling physicians what to do. The ACA does not mandate that doctors ask questions about sexuality (although it would be extraordinary for a health risk assessment not to include such screening).

    You may download a pdf of the guidelines for conducting a health risk assessment for physicians under ACA here.

    You will note that the guidelines under the ACA say nothing whatsoever about screening for sexuality or sexual behavior. That recommendation comes from the USPSTF, a private and respected doctor's organization that believes this is important. The ACA does not mandate that the USPSTF guidelines be followed. Indeed, the USPSTF guidelines themselves are exactly that, guidelines.

    You are objecting to the fact that American doctors think they need to know something about your sexual behavior in order to screen you appropriately for disease; and to make recommendations for you for staying healthy into the future. You are objecting to the fact that the ACA recommends that doctors follow their own guidelines in caring for patients.

    I appreciate that you Republicans know a lot more about medical care than the medical profession. I appreciate that you Republicans champion the intrusion of government into the doctor-patient relationship, since you have been remarkably successful recently in gagging what physicians are allowed to discuss with their patients, and in mandating unnecessary, inappropriate, and dangerous procedures for patients. But, Obamacare does not do that. Obamacare recommends that your doctor do his or her best to take care of you. And you object to that.
    Last edited by T-Rexx; September 17th, 2013 at 02:35 PM.

  15. #65
    Virtus in medio stat JUB Admin opinterph's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Jawja
    Status
    Partnered
    Posts
    21,088
    Blog Entries
    14

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Obama Care will require disclosure if you are sexually active and with same sex.

    Quote Originally Posted by Benvolio View Post
    I have always believed, and continue to believe, that most Doctors will relate to a gay man differently.
    Please explain what you mean by “differently.”

  16. #66
    Bammer's Papa
    Kulindahr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    on the foggy, damp, redneck Oregon coast
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Bisexual
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    101,428
    Blog Entries
    78

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Obama Care will require disclosure if you are sexually active and with same sex.

    Quote Originally Posted by Telstra View Post
    I am for disclosing ALL health and personal issues to the medical data base.
    Why not ?
    Because 99+% of those who would be able to access it have no business knowing any of it.

    "Thirty-one* states allow all qualified citizens to carry concealed weapons. In those states, homosexuals should embark on organized efforts to become comfortable with guns, learn to use them safely and carry them. They should set up Pink Pistols task forces, sponsor shooting courses and help homosexuals get licensed to carry. And they should do it in a way that gets as much publicity as possible. "

    --Jonathan Rauch, Salon Magazine, March 13, 2000

    *the number is now forty

  17. #67
    Know thyself kallipolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Piraeus, Greece
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Partnered
    Posts
    11,140

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Obama Care will require disclosure if you are sexually active and with same sex.

    Quote Originally Posted by T-Rexx View Post

    There is a recommendation that physicians follow their own USPSTF guidelines, since the federal government does not wish to be in the business of telling physicians what to do. The ACA does not mandate that doctors ask questions about sexuality (although it would be extraordinary for a health risk assessment not to include such screening).
    A physician would be negligent were they not to make a full, and complete assessment of their patient's condition inevitably, this would include asking pertinent questions, including their patients sexual life were the matter sexually transmitted infections.

  18. #68
    Know thyself kallipolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Piraeus, Greece
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Partnered
    Posts
    11,140

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Obama Care will require disclosure if you are sexually active and with same sex.

    This article is relevant to the topic under discussion, and for me an eye opener on the "business" that is health care in the USA....the readers' comments are also worth spending a little time:

    http://www.washingtonpost.com/nation...y.html?hpid=z5

  19. #69

    Re: Obama Care will require disclosure if you are sexually active and with same sex.

    What started as "recommendations" become mandatory when the statute requires the exam "based on the recommendations".
    American doctors do not routinely ask the patient's sexual orientation or activities, absent a STD symptoms. I have never had a doctor ask me.
    I also think the availability of records online is going to be a mess, in part for the reason I suggested. Doctors will be very reluctant to hire extra personnel to make corrections and answer questions about the records. Most companies are trying to avoid hiring people for "customer service", so you get an endless series of recordings. It is just too expensive to hire people. That problem is going to get worse. As health care is mandated, fewer people will get hired.

  20. #70
    Virtus in medio stat JUB Admin opinterph's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Jawja
    Status
    Partnered
    Posts
    21,088
    Blog Entries
    14

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Obama Care will require disclosure if you are sexually active and with same sex.

    Quote Originally Posted by Benvolio View Post
    My Doctor … uses voice recognition software without editing and some is garbled.
    Having looked through a number patient charts based on old-fashioned pen and paper, I can relate that the scribble is often subject to “garble.”


    Quote Originally Posted by Benvolio View Post
    Doctors will be very reluctant to hire extra personnel to make corrections and answer questions about the records. Most companies are trying to avoid hiring people for "customer service", so you get an endless series of recordings. It is just too expensive to hire people. That problem is going to get worse. As health care is mandated, fewer people will get hired.
    Is that a logical assumption?

    The more people that have health insurance, the more people will use health care services — meaning that the ACA might actually have a positive effect in the creation of more jobs in the health care industry. [Link]

  21. #71
    Oranje rareboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Partnered
    Posts
    32,541

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Obama Care will require disclosure if you are sexually active and with same sex.

    Oh Benvolio.

    You have over-reached so far on this one that it beggars belief. You and the rest of the tin foil hat brigade can gnash your teeth all you want. The bogeymen you fear aren't in this bill.

  22. #72
    Impish and Mercurial Rolyo85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Boystown, Chicago
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    8,679

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Obama Care will require disclosure if you are sexually active and with same sex.

    Quote Originally Posted by opinterph View Post
    Please explain what you mean by “differently.”
    Well, since Republicans hate gays, they assume everyone else does too.
    That we are capable only of being what we are, remains our unforgivable sin.
    - Gene Wolfe

  23. #73
    JUB Addict T-Rexx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    4,626

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Obama Care will require disclosure if you are sexually active and with same sex.

    Quote Originally Posted by kallipolis View Post
    A physician would be negligent were they not to make a full, and complete assessment of their patient's condition inevitably, this would include asking pertinent questions, including their patients sexual life were the matter sexually transmitted infections.
    Yes, a physician would be potentially negligent for not following the recommended standards of his profession in caring for a patient.

    But that has nothing to do with the ACA.

  24. #74
    Know thyself kallipolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Piraeus, Greece
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Partnered
    Posts
    11,140

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Obama Care will require disclosure if you are sexually active and with same sex.

    Quote Originally Posted by T-Rexx View Post
    Yes, a physician would be potentially negligent for not following the recommended standards of his profession in caring for a patient.

    But that has nothing to do with the ACA.
    Correct......................

  25. #75
    JUB Addict T-Rexx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    4,626

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Obama Care will require disclosure if you are sexually active and with same sex.

    Quote Originally Posted by Benvolio View Post
    What started as "recommendations" become mandatory when the statute requires the exam "based on the recommendations".
    I'm not clear on why you choose to keep digging yourself deeper and deeper into a hole here.

    The statement "requires the exam 'based on the recommendations'" makes no sense. The ACA will pay for a health risk assessment (I think it's once a year, unless there is some reason to deviate from this). There is no requirement that it be done once a year, it is a recommendation. There is no requirement that the guidelines of the USPSTF be followed, it is a recommendation.

    This is a recommendation that a recommendation be followed. The reason that this language is included is to provide leverage for the insurance company (remember, Obamacare is a private plan) to withhold payment if a physician is billing for health risk assessments without actually doing them. This is standard for health insurance contracts.

    Repeating a lie does not make it true. It just makes you look less and less credible. You claim to be a lawyer. And yet, for research, you cite the writings of known crazy people, rather than examine the documents themselves, about which you are making claims. I presume you do this because you know that the documents in question do not claim what you want people to believe. Your intent is to deceive, not inform.


    Quote Originally Posted by Benvolio View Post
    American doctors do not routinely ask the patient's sexual orientation or activities, absent a STD symptoms. I have never had a doctor ask me.
    Actually, they do.

    The USPSTF, a physician organization which attempts to set standards for the profession, recommends it. If your doctor is not asking you, he/she is not following the guidelines of his/her profession. There may, of course, be good reason for deviating from the standards of one's profession at any given time. But the standards are set by experts in the profession after careful consideration.

    You seem to object to the standards of the American medical profession. I suggest you register your complaints with the USPSTF. This has almost nothing to do with Obamacare.


    Quote Originally Posted by Benvolio View Post
    I also think the availability of records online is going to be a mess, in part for the reason I suggested. Doctors will be very reluctant to hire extra personnel to make corrections and answer questions about the records. Most companies are trying to avoid hiring people for "customer service", so you get an endless series of recordings. It is just too expensive to hire people. That problem is going to get worse. As health care is mandated, fewer people will get hired.
    News flash, Benvolio: Paper health records are already a mess. Electronic medical records are an attempt to clean up this mess. Avoiding advances in technology does not improve the quality of medical care. Civilization moves on, and medicine needs to move with it.

    Your complaints strike me as analogous to complaining that automobiles will scare the horses. Yes, they will. And they are noisy and pollute and break down, as well. And they will take jobs away from the blacksmiths and grooms and livery workers. But that does not mean that everyone should continue riding horses forever.
    Last edited by T-Rexx; September 18th, 2013 at 08:30 AM.

  26. #76
    CE&P Secret Police xbuzzerx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Posts
    9,984

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Obama Care will require disclosure if you are sexually active and with same sex.

    Quote Originally Posted by rareboy View Post
    Oh Benvolio.

    You have over-reached so far on this one that it beggars belief. You and the rest of the tin foil hat brigade can gnash your teeth all you want. The bogeymen you fear aren't in this bill.
    It is also just bizarre to me that they criticize the current-incarnation of Obamacare as full of all these evil things Obama apparently wants to secretly sneak into healthcare to control our lives, yet what we are getting is not the healthcare plan Obama wanted. We're getting a version that finally passed Republican filibuster, with heavy heavy inclusion of their demands and ideas.

    How what finally passed Congress constitutes an insidious government control plot from Obama when it more closely reflects the Republican demands to protect the immoral private insurance industry financial interests than it reflects what progressives wanted to change about healthcare is beyond me.

  27. #77

    Re: Obama Care will require disclosure if you are sexually active and with same sex.

    Quote Originally Posted by opinterph View Post
    Please explain what you mean by “differently.”
    Differently than if the Doctor thinks he is straight.

  28. #78

    Re: Obama Care will require disclosure if you are sexually active and with same sex.

    Quote Originally Posted by T-Rexx View Post
    Yes, a physician would be potentially negligent for not following the recommended standards of his profession in caring for a patient.

    But that has nothing to do with the ACA.
    Why you assume some standard among doctors requires them to ask about sex practices and orientation in a routing exam? What evidence of such a standard do you have?

  29. #79

    Re: Obama Care will require disclosure if you are sexually active and with same sex.

    Quote Originally Posted by xbuzzerx View Post
    It is also just bizarre to me that they criticize the current-incarnation of Obamacare as full of all these evil things Obama apparently wants to secretly sneak into healthcare to control our lives, yet what we are getting is not the healthcare plan Obama wanted. We're getting a version that finally passed Republican filibuster, with heavy heavy inclusion of their demands and ideas.

    How what finally passed Congress constitutes an insidious government control plot from Obama when it more closely reflects the Republican demands to protect the immoral private insurance industry financial interests than it reflects what progressives wanted to change about healthcare is beyond me.
    You do not know what Obama wanted. He left it to Congress to enact a bill for him to sign.

  30. #80
    CE&P Secret Police xbuzzerx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Posts
    9,984

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Obama Care will require disclosure if you are sexually active and with same sex.

    Quote Originally Posted by Benvolio View Post
    Differently than if the Doctor thinks he is straight.
    I'm fairly sure he meant for you to quantify how you think he'd "differently" treat a straight patient and gay patient.

  31. #81
    CE&P Secret Police xbuzzerx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Posts
    9,984

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Obama Care will require disclosure if you are sexually active and with same sex.

    Quote Originally Posted by Benvolio View Post
    You do not know what Obama wanted. He left it to Congress to enact a bill for him to sign.
    Oh that's right. For two years while trying to pass a healthcare bill he simply sat in the Oval Office waiting for them to finalize a draft. He didn't spend those two years fighting for provisions like stopping the immoral dropping of coverage to people for preexisting conditions or refusing to cover people altogether because they have medical conditions that need care and financing.

    What reality do you live in again?

  32. #82
    Oranje rareboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Partnered
    Posts
    32,541

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Obama Care will require disclosure if you are sexually active and with same sex.

    @ Benvolio

    The biggest problem is that all the T-baggers out there are clueless about the bill and just keep pulling stupid shit out of their ass about how this bill threatens the freedom and safety of every American.

    You've made it abundantly clear that you are wilfully misrepresenting and misinterpreting the provisions in this bill....to somehow try to convince a group of people who see you for what you really are and find your illogical leaps laughable and your naked, reactionary intellectual dishonesty to be a depressing reminder of why the Republicans and Tea Baggers must never be allowed to control the Federal agenda.

  33. #83
    JUB Addict T-Rexx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    4,626

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Obama Care will require disclosure if you are sexually active and with same sex.

    Quote Originally Posted by Benvolio View Post
    Why you assume some standard among doctors requires them to ask about sex practices and orientation in a routing exam? What evidence of such a standard do you have?
    It's not an assumption.

    The USPSTF recommendations are summarized beginning here. You may obtain a pdf of a more comprehensive description of the recommendations for $5 at the USPSTF site.

    Page forward and pay special attention to the screening recommendations for HIV, hepatitis, and STDs. Men who have had sex with men after 1975 are particularly identified as being at risk for HIV, and are flagged for appropriate screening. But how could your doctor know that if he never asked?
    Last edited by T-Rexx; September 18th, 2013 at 11:03 AM.

  34. #84
    CE&P Secret Police xbuzzerx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Posts
    9,984

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Obama Care will require disclosure if you are sexually active and with same sex.

    Quote Originally Posted by T-Rexx View Post
    It's not an assumption.

    The USPSTF recommendations are summarized beginning here. You may obtain a pdf of a more comprehensive description of the recommendations for $5 at the USPSTF site.

    Page forward and pay special attention to the screening recommendations for HIV, hepatitis, and STDs.
    The problem is we may be having this discussion with people who are in the closet, may not be sexually active, and have never discussed screenings, HIV tests, or anything pertaining to the bedroom with their doctor.

    In which case I can't see anything in any of these guidelines telling a doctor on a routine checkup to abruptly ask you who you're doing in bed, which is what the fearmongering here is implying.

  35. #85
    FEAR THE LIBERAL DETENTE! TX-Beau's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Austin
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Open Relationship
    Posts
    8,061

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Obama Care will require disclosure if you are sexually active and with same sex.

    The entire assumption that it would terrify gay men if "people" "force" them to admit it is pure homophobic/closet bullshit.

    What's so terrifying about your doctor asking if you're gay?

    What's so terrifying if people know?
    ATTACK OF THE LIBERAL ELITE

  36. #86
    JUB Addict T-Rexx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    4,626

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Obama Care will require disclosure if you are sexually active and with same sex.

    Quote Originally Posted by xbuzzerx View Post
    The problem is we may be having this discussion with people who are in the closet, may not be sexually active, and have never discussed screenings, HIV tests, or anything pertaining to the bedroom with their doctor.

    In which case I can't see anything in any of these guidelines telling a doctor on a routine checkup to abruptly ask you who you're doing in bed, which is what the fearmongering here is implying.
    Yes, exactly. This entire thread is fear-mongering. The ACA does not "mandate" that physicians ask about sexual orientation and sexual practices. It just recommends that your doctor follow his profession's guidelines.

    But, obviously, there are times when it is impossible to do appropriate screening for disease without asking these questions. Indeed, your physician cannot even know what diseases to screen for if these questions never get asked. There are therefore circumstances in which it would be inappropriate for your doctor not to ask these questions. So, of course, the USPSTF recommends that doctors ask. Duh!

    The link in the OP is an attempt to stir up a bizarre fear that routine medical screening under Obamacare will out closeted gays every time they seek medical care for any reason. The argument is beyond weird. It's another "birther" argument that water will not be wet under Obamacare.

    I usually try to avoid these stupid threads. But, this particular stupidity happens to be within my field of study. So, I feel obligated to rebut this nonsense, even though the truth is already obvious to everyone.

  37. #87
    JUB Addict T-Rexx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    4,626

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Obama Care will require disclosure if you are sexually active and with same sex.

    A weird thing is that I could give our right-wing friends a thousand valid reasons why Obamacare is an incredibly stupid plan.

    But, they seem to prefer fantasy instead.

    Evidence, reason, and facts have no value to them.
    Last edited by T-Rexx; September 18th, 2013 at 11:45 AM.

  38. #88
    JubberClubber White Eagle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Corpus Christi Tx
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Widower
    Posts
    10,849

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Obama Care will require disclosure if you are sexually active and with same sex.

    Quote Originally Posted by chrisrobin View Post
    '
    If I have Obamacare and my primary care physician jams his fingers up my butt, is this subject to disclosure? Just askin'.
    Naw, the GOP would consider it an intrusion if done to them.
    BEWARE! Harassing the Indian may result in sudden and severe hair loss.

  39. #89
    JubberClubber White Eagle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Corpus Christi Tx
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Widower
    Posts
    10,849

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Obama Care will require disclosure if you are sexually active and with same sex.

    Quote Originally Posted by xbuzzerx View Post
    Why are closetcases freaking out about a dubious claim that doctors are supposed to ask you about your sexuality?

    Even if a doctor asked, which Obamacare doesn't require them to do, and which no doctor has ever asked me in my life, if this freaks you out just do what you're used to doing about it. Lie.
    I had a Dr ask if I was gay once. I was gonna have a colonoscopy (sp fer sure) and he stuck something big up my butt and I didn't scream like other men would do.
    BEWARE! Harassing the Indian may result in sudden and severe hair loss.

  40. #90
    JubberClubber White Eagle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Corpus Christi Tx
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Widower
    Posts
    10,849

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Obama Care will require disclosure if you are sexually active and with same sex.

    BEWARE! Harassing the Indian may result in sudden and severe hair loss.

  41. #91
    Active bendted's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    1,123

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Obama Care will require disclosure if you are sexually active and with same sex.

    Doctors ask if you are sexually active. If you respond with "No", then the conversations ends. That's what mine did. He knows I'm old, with no kids and never been married. No road map necessary to figure the obvious.
    If you could just put a light bulb over every gay person’s head, people would see just how well-lit their streets and cities are.
    -Alexey Odintsov

  42. #92

    Re: Obama Care will require disclosure if you are sexually active and with same sex.

    Quote Originally Posted by T-Rexx View Post
    It's not an assumption.

    The USPSTF recommendations are summarized beginning here. You may obtain a pdf of a more comprehensive description of the recommendations for $5 at the USPSTF site.

    Page forward and pay special attention to the screening recommendations for HIV, hepatitis, and STDs. Men who have had sex with men after 1975 are particularly identified as being at risk for HIV, and are flagged for appropriate screening. But how could your doctor know that if he never asked?
    Malpractice lawsuits are not based upon recommendations of panels, but upon standards agreed among doctors in practice. Responses in his thread demonstrate that doctors do not now ask such questions during routine physical exams.

  43. #93
    JUB Addict chrisrobin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    8,025

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Obama Care will require disclosure if you are sexually active and with same sex.

    Quote Originally Posted by Benvolio View Post
    Malpractice lawsuits are not based upon recommendations of panels, but upon standards agreed among doctors in practice. Responses in his thread demonstrate that doctors do not now ask such questions during routine physical exams.
    I hope to God that doctors become as knowledgeable as you are some day. My doctor is a blathering idiot and he could use some coaching from you.

    In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.

  44. #94
    Impish and Mercurial Rolyo85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Boystown, Chicago
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    8,679

    Code of Conduct
    Quote Originally Posted by Benvolio View Post

    Malpractice lawsuits are not based upon recommendations of panels, but upon standards agreed among doctors in practice. Responses in his thread demonstrate that doctors do not now ask such questions during routine physical exams.
    Nor will they in the future, unless it pertains to stds and sexual health. Which they already do. So no change will occur but feel free to cower in fear, provided this even has any bearing to you.
    That we are capable only of being what we are, remains our unforgivable sin.
    - Gene Wolfe

  45. #95
    JUB Addict T-Rexx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    4,626

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Obama Care will require disclosure if you are sexually active and with same sex.

    Quote Originally Posted by Benvolio View Post
    Malpractice lawsuits are not based upon recommendations of panels, but upon standards agreed among doctors in practice. Responses in his thread demonstrate that doctors do not now ask such questions during routine physical exams.
    How is it that "standards agreed among doctors in practice" can be arrived at without a panel of doctors meeting?

    And how can you say that doctors don't appropriately screen their patients on the basis of one responses (your own) in a thread on a porn site?

    And what does malpractice have to do with Obamacare, or the topic of this thread?

  46. #96
    Bammer's Papa
    Kulindahr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    on the foggy, damp, redneck Oregon coast
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Bisexual
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    101,428
    Blog Entries
    78

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Obama Care will require disclosure if you are sexually active and with same sex.

    Quote Originally Posted by TX-Beau View Post
    What's so terrifying if people know?
    It depends on which people, and where you are.

    "Thirty-one* states allow all qualified citizens to carry concealed weapons. In those states, homosexuals should embark on organized efforts to become comfortable with guns, learn to use them safely and carry them. They should set up Pink Pistols task forces, sponsor shooting courses and help homosexuals get licensed to carry. And they should do it in a way that gets as much publicity as possible. "

    --Jonathan Rauch, Salon Magazine, March 13, 2000

    *the number is now forty

  47. #97
    CE&P Secret Police xbuzzerx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Posts
    9,984

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Obama Care will require disclosure if you are sexually active and with same sex.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kulindahr View Post
    It depends on which people, and where you are.
    If people are in literal fear in the way implied here, they'll simply lie if they're directly asked.

    The innuendo that Obamacare somehow directs doctors to demand information outside of the normal course of providing care and then somehow distribute this information remains baseless.

  48. #98

    Re: Obama Care will require disclosure if you are sexually active and with same sex.

    ^^

    We won't know until it goes into effect. So sit back and wait until January.

  49. #99

    Re: Obama Care will require disclosure if you are sexually active and with same sex.

    Rachel Maddow had a great piece on her show tonight about how the right wing is trying to inject fear so they can exploit those afraid of Obamacare for financial gain. "Send me money and I will get rid of Obamacare" they claim. Mike Huckabee was the latest to join in as he saw profit potential.

    https://repealhealthcareact.org/donate

    A $2,500 donation is the "Huckabee Special" by joining the Chairman's Circle.

    Rachel gave many examples of the republican con artists exploiting people's fears started by the right wingers.

    Senator Amy Klobuchar is looking into these con artists claims. It's modern day snake oil.

    http://www.aarp.org/money/scams-frau...ntimidate.html

  50. #100
    Impish and Mercurial Rolyo85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Boystown, Chicago
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    8,679

    Code of Conduct
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Springer View Post
    ^^

    We won't know until it goes into effect. So sit back and wait until January.
    No, we really WILL know, same way we know that firefighters' regulations will never require to know if the fire was your fault before deciding whether to save you from a burning building. Nothing about the law implies such a pointless measure, and there is no reason to expect or suspect it.
    That we are capable only of being what we are, remains our unforgivable sin.
    - Gene Wolfe

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | About JustUsBoys.com | Site Map | RSS | Webmasters | Advertise | Link to JUB | Report A Bug on this Page

Visit our sister sites: Broke Straight Boys | CollegeDudes.com | CollegeBoyPhysicals.com | RocketTube
All models appearing on JustUsBoys.com were over 18 at the time of photography. The records for sexually explicit images required by U.S. 2257 are kept by the
individual producers of the images. The location of the records is available by clicking the Custodian of Records link at the bottom of each gallery page.
© 2012 JustUsBoys.com. The JustUsBoys.com name and logo are registered trademarks. Labeled with ICRA and RTA. Member of ASACP and The Free Speech Coalition.