JustUsBoys.com gay porn forum

logo

remove these banner ads by becoming a JUB Supporter.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 50 of 72
  1. #1

    Does Walmart Create Jobs?

    Conservatives will say it's a significant and important job creator.
    The evidence shows otherwise, according to Kathleen Geier:

    Contrary to Walmart’s self-glorifying mythology, the retailer is anything but a job creator — in fact it is a huge job killer. Not only that, destroying jobs is an essential component of Walmart’s anti-worker business model.
    It does this by putting local small stores out of business and forces suppliers to cut costs that in many cases leave them no option but to shed local jobs or relocate manufacturing overseas.
    And of course any productivity gains do not go to the remaining workers.

    Some of Walmart’s defenders explicitly defend its brand of low-road capitalism. They celebrate it as productivity-generating “creative destruction.” Indeed, if you produce the same level of output using fewer labor inputs, you will by definition increase productivity. In theory, this is terrific, since gains from productivity can be shared, making us all richer. But in practice, this hasn’t been happening. Between 1973 and 2011, productivity soared, increasing by 80 percent, but compensation for the median worker increased by only 11 percent.
    http://www.salon.com/2013/08/05/walm...t_create_jobs/

    http://www.washingtonmonthly.com/pol...obs046321.php#

  2. #2
    Bammer's Papa
    Kulindahr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    on the foggy, damp, redneck Oregon coast
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Bisexual
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    102,257
    Blog Entries
    78

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Does Walmart Create Jobs?

    By definition, the above means that the owners of the means of production have robbed 7/8 of the income due the workers.

    Walmart is shown more and more to be just evil. If ever a union was needed, this is where.

    "Thirty-one* states allow all qualified citizens to carry concealed weapons. In those states, homosexuals should embark on organized efforts to become comfortable with guns, learn to use them safely and carry them. They should set up Pink Pistols task forces, sponsor shooting courses and help homosexuals get licensed to carry. And they should do it in a way that gets as much publicity as possible. "

    --Jonathan Rauch, Salon Magazine, March 13, 2000

    *the number is now forty

  3. #3

    Re: Does Walmart Create Jobs?

    When a A Wal*Mart comes to town it does NOT being prosperity, it brings poverty. Destroying competition by artificially lowering prices temporarily, then hiking them after they're established and the competition is gone. Paying non living wages without benefits so employees need to turn to public assistance like food stamps, rent assistance and medicaid. Building massive supercenters, leaving a huge carbon footprint ruining the environment.

    The sole purpose of a Wal*Mart manager is to rocket as much money to Bentonville, Arkansas as humanly possible and keep the employees in line so they cannot unionize. Period. Forget customer service, forget quality, forget jobs. Just send that money. When a Wal*Mart manager fails to do that they're fired on the spot. The turnover in management is unbelievable. A Supercenter store head manager only makes about $30,000 a year without benefits and usually puts in 80 hours a week. It's just not worth it.

    Their stores are filthy with empty shelves. Checkout lines are long. The products they peddle are cheap Chinese made designed to wear out rapidly so you have to buy another quickly. Their greediness is affecting their bottom line and they still can't figure it out.

    Wal*Mart is indeed evil and it's only a matter of time before it's gone. America will be a better place when it's gone.
    Last edited by CowboyBob; August 11th, 2013 at 11:17 AM.

  4. #4
    Active bendted's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    1,123

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Does Walmart Create Jobs?

    I work at a China*Mart and strenuously agree with this:

    Quote Originally Posted by Kulindahr View Post
    If ever a union was needed, this is where.
    But it will never happen. In fact, during our orientation, the presenter gave a spiel, and a video presentation, about how we are to be discouraged from "signing on" with a union or participating in any sort of meetings.
    If you could just put a light bulb over every gay person’s head, people would see just how well-lit their streets and cities are.
    -Alexey Odintsov

  5. #5

    Re: Does Walmart Create Jobs?

    Walmart will immediately find a way to squash anyone that tries to start a union for it's workers. They are pretty much a gigantic tank that runs over anything that gets in it's way and they have a huge employee turnover. Interestingly enough, I've heard that Costco employees are usually very happy and stay on with the store for years.

  6. #6
    Bammer's Papa
    Kulindahr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    on the foggy, damp, redneck Oregon coast
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Bisexual
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    102,257
    Blog Entries
    78

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Does Walmart Create Jobs?

    Quote Originally Posted by bendted View Post
    I work at a China*Mart and strenuously agree with this:



    But it will never happen. In fact, during our orientation, the presenter gave a spiel, and a video presentation, about how we are to be discouraged from "signing on" with a union or participating in any sort of meetings.
    There's a reason corporations should be penalized heavily any time they're caught employing illegals (for starters, whoever did the hiring should go to jail): so long as there is a deep supply of labor for jobs with low skill levels, corporations will always hold their employees hostage.

    "Thirty-one* states allow all qualified citizens to carry concealed weapons. In those states, homosexuals should embark on organized efforts to become comfortable with guns, learn to use them safely and carry them. They should set up Pink Pistols task forces, sponsor shooting courses and help homosexuals get licensed to carry. And they should do it in a way that gets as much publicity as possible. "

    --Jonathan Rauch, Salon Magazine, March 13, 2000

    *the number is now forty

  7. #7
    JUB Addict Ninja108's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Partnered
    Posts
    62,391

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Does Walmart Create Jobs?

    I remember when Wal-Mart told us that a store would be coming to our area whether we wanted it or not.
    We didn't and we fought them and won. The only loser in the end is the poor woman whose house fell prey to eminent domain,which only fueled our fire.
    It was a victory for the little guy,that's for sure.
    As for Wal-Mart creating jobs,two words...hell no.
    Last edited by Ninja108; August 11th, 2013 at 07:38 PM.

  8. #8
    Rambunctiously Pugnacious JayHawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    River Quay - KC
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    24,238

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Does Walmart Create Jobs?

    Sure they do. In China. Bwahahahahha
    Everyone can be great, because everyone can serve.
    ~ Martin Luther King, Jr.


  9. #9
    JUB Addict cm98059's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Holdenville
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Available
    Posts
    1,414

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Does Walmart Create Jobs?

    Quote Originally Posted by guyfromNY View Post
    Walmart will immediately find a way to squash anyone that tries to start a union for it's workers. They are pretty much a gigantic tank that runs over anything that gets in it's way and they have a huge employee turnover. Interestingly enough, I've heard that Costco employees are usually very happy and stay on with the store for years.
    Costco is an entirely different company with a entirely different philosophy. Costco is based in Kirkland Washington. They are Microsoft's neighbor.

  10. #10
    of the 99%
    Just_Believe18's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    9,203

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Does Walmart Create Jobs?

    Wal-Mart has done tremendous damage to our economy. I wish the average American would boycott their stores. There are better alternatives to shopping. When you buy that cheap item from their store, you're paying it back in lost jobs, welfare dependent employees, and outsourcing of labor and goods.
    #439th oldest member on JUB.

  11. #11

    Re: Does Walmart Create Jobs?

    What other retail stores other than grocery stores have contracts with unions?

  12. #12

    Re: Does Walmart Create Jobs?

    Quote Originally Posted by Just_Believe18 View Post
    Wal-Mart has done tremendous damage to our economy. I wish the average American would boycott their stores. There are better alternatives to shopping. When you buy that cheap item from their store, you're paying it back in lost jobs, welfare dependent employees, and outsourcing of labor and goods.
    Are Target, Sears, K-Mart, Home Depot, Lowe's, Costco the same as Walmart ... if not why?

  13. #13
    Bammer's Papa
    Kulindahr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    on the foggy, damp, redneck Oregon coast
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Bisexual
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    102,257
    Blog Entries
    78

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Does Walmart Create Jobs?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ninja108 View Post
    I remember when Wal-Mart told us that a store would be coming to our area whether we wanted it or not.
    We didn't and we fought them and won. The only loser in the end is the poor woman whose house fell prey to eminent domain,which only fueled our fire.
    It was a victory for the little guy,that's for sure.
    As for Wal-Mart creating jobs,two words...hell no.
    There are several large jurisdictions in the area here which have a no-Walmart policy.
    Last edited by Kulindahr; August 12th, 2013 at 09:49 AM. Reason: stupid "update" function

    "Thirty-one* states allow all qualified citizens to carry concealed weapons. In those states, homosexuals should embark on organized efforts to become comfortable with guns, learn to use them safely and carry them. They should set up Pink Pistols task forces, sponsor shooting courses and help homosexuals get licensed to carry. And they should do it in a way that gets as much publicity as possible. "

    --Jonathan Rauch, Salon Magazine, March 13, 2000

    *the number is now forty

  14. #14

    Re: Does Walmart Create Jobs?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Springer View Post
    What other retail stores other than grocery stores have contracts with unions?
    Nearly every department store in NYC is unionized, as well as many smaller clothing stores. Book stores, art supply stores, and other stores are also unionized in NYC. Many of the department stores in the suburbs are also unionized.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Walmart creates misery, not jobs.

  15. #15

    Re: Does Walmart Create Jobs?

    Does Amazon create jobs? They have destroyed countless small companies by offering every tangible item available in the world.

    Botom line Walmart provides affordable goods to people. They have raised the standard of living in the USA. For example -- who could afford to buy a big screen TV if there wasn't a Walmart? Not everything they sell is of high quality -- but that goes for many other retailers.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by palemale View Post
    Nearly every department store in NYC is unionized, as well as many smaller clothing stores. Book stores, art supply stores, and other stores are also unionized in NYC. Many of the department stores in the suburbs are also unionized.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Walmart creates misery, not jobs.
    That's one of the reasons everything is so expensive in NYC.

  16. #16
    of the 99%
    Just_Believe18's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    9,203

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Does Walmart Create Jobs?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Springer View Post
    Are Target, Sears, K-Mart, Home Depot, Lowe's, Costco the same as Walmart ... if not why?
    No, they aren't as many of those other big box stores offer better benefits and pay to their employees. For example, Costco pays its employees a living wage and does so successfully. It is one of the most successful companies in the United States and happily believes in paying its employees a fair wage and benefits. At the same time, Costco partners with other local businesses in the area, offering to sell their products in their store, services, and even direct members to local car dealerships.

    Wal-Mart could easily do the same and lift their employees out of tax-paid welfare, rather than hiring people to show them how to sign up for food stamps.
    #439th oldest member on JUB.

  17. #17
    PerScientiam AdJustitiam bankside's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    The Middle of Snowwhere.
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Married (to a man)
    Posts
    16,111
    Blog Entries
    2

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Does Walmart Create Jobs?

    Does Walmart create jobs?
    I certainly hope not. The purpose of Walmart is to drive down costs and eliminate the expense of labour. One day, they will operate their store with robots.

    If you want to find somebody with a mandate to create jobs, improve working conditions, and increase salaries, the thing you're looking for is a union.
    Americans need to keep their guns so they can protect themselves from gun violence just like Nancy Lanza did. And like Chris Kyle did. And like Gabby Giffords did. And like Tom Clements did. And like Michael Piemonte. And Joseph Wilcox.

  18. #18

    Re: Does Walmart Create Jobs?

    Quote Originally Posted by Just_Believe18 View Post
    No, they aren't as many of those other big box stores offer better benefits and pay to their employees. For example, Costco pays its employees a living wage and does so successfully. It is one of the most successful companies in the United States and happily believes in paying its employees a fair wage and benefits. At the same time, Costco partners with other local businesses in the area, offering to sell their products in their store, services, and even direct members to local car dealerships.

    Wal-Mart could easily do the same and lift their employees out of tax-paid welfare, rather than hiring people to show them how to sign up for food stamps.
    Costco is the only one in that group that offers good pay and benefits. The others like Walmart don't pay a lot.

    Not sure what is it -- is it because Walmart is from Arkansas that people hate Walmart? Is it because they have been successful. I think so.

  19. #19

    Re: Does Walmart Create Jobs?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Springer View Post
    Costco is the only one in that group that offers good pay and benefits. The others like Walmart don't pay a lot.

    Not sure what is it -- is it because Walmart is from Arkansas that people hate Walmart? Is it because they have been successful. I think so.
    If you would bother to read the posts in this thread you might learn something.

  20. #20

    Re: Does Walmart Create Jobs?

    Quote Originally Posted by CowboyBob View Post
    If you would bother to read the posts in this thread you might learn something.
    You know how Republicans are. As Ronald Reagan said, "facts are stupid things." Republicans hate facts, evidence, reality. It interferes with their ideology.

  21. #21

    Re: Does Walmart Create Jobs?

    Who didn't read the posts?

    Walmart creates jobs. Liberals hate job creators.

  22. #22

    Re: Does Walmart Create Jobs?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Springer View Post
    Who didn't read the posts?

    Walmart creates jobs. Liberals hate job creators.
    Yes, Jack, liberals hate job creators. Job creators is a Republican euphemism for rapacious capitalist. Republicans need euphemisms to deceive the public because they don't have the balls to clearly state what they stand for and advocate for their policies on the merits.

  23. #23
    Active bendted's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    1,123

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Does Walmart Create Jobs?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Springer View Post
    Who didn't read the posts?

    Walmart creates jobs. Liberals hate job creators.
    What about all the money we send to China (OMG, Communist!!) via retail sales? Oddly, Republicans don't have a problem with this.

    Why do Liberals hate job creators? That statement makes no sense at all.
    If you could just put a light bulb over every gay person’s head, people would see just how well-lit their streets and cities are.
    -Alexey Odintsov

  24. #24
    of the 99%
    Just_Believe18's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    9,203

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Does Walmart Create Jobs?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Springer View Post
    Costco is the only one in that group that offers good pay and benefits. The others like Walmart don't pay a lot. Not sure what is it -- is it because Walmart is from Arkansas that people hate Walmart? Is it because they have been successful. I think so.
    But those other companies still do pay and treat their employees better than Wal-Mart. Your Arkansas point makes no sense and is unrelated to the discussion. You skipped most of my post. Big box stores like Costco prove that you can have a very profitable company and pay your employees a decent, living wage. How Wal-Mart conducts business has been proven to harm communities, kill jobs, and exasperate the number of employees dependent on welfare and food stamps.What you claim as "Wal-Mart creates jobs" is not true to the net-benefit of what Wal-Mart sucks away from local communities. You end up with less paying jobs, a depressed local economy, and an increase in government welfare.
    #439th oldest member on JUB.

  25. #25

    Re: Does Walmart Create Jobs?

    Quote Originally Posted by palemale View Post
    You know how Republicans are. As Ronald Reagan said, "facts are stupid things." Republicans hate facts, evidence, reality. It interferes with their ideology.
    So true. It's a particular style of politics.

    http://www.salon.com/2013/08/10/the_...oid_aesthetic/

  26. #26

    Re: Does Walmart Create Jobs?

    Quote Originally Posted by bendted View Post
    What about all the money we send to China (OMG, Communist!!) via retail sales? Oddly, Republicans don't have a problem with this.

    Why do Liberals hate job creators? That statement makes no sense at all.
    Go into any store ... almost all the stuff is from China.

    The hatred for Walmart is fascinating to me -- I don't understand it. Target and Kmart are about the same as Walmart -- why not hate them too?

  27. #27
    Impish and Mercurial Rolyo85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Boystown, Chicago
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    8,679

    Code of Conduct
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Springer View Post

    Go into any store ... almost all the stuff is from China.

    The hatred for Walmart is fascinating to me -- I don't understand it. Target and Kmart are about the same as Walmart -- why not hate them too?
    Target is nothing like Walmart. It pays more and its prices don't kill local businesses. Kmart has been a zombie for years and is dying out.

    There's a reason why major successful cities won't allow Walmart on their territory. Do you think it's only irrational hatred?
    That we are capable only of being what we are, remains our unforgivable sin.
    - Gene Wolfe

  28. #28
    Active bendted's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    1,123

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Does Walmart Create Jobs?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Springer View Post
    Go into any store ... almost all the stuff is from China.

    The hatred for Walmart is fascinating to me -- I don't understand it. Target and Kmart are about the same as Walmart -- why not hate them too?
    Yes, I agree WalMart, Target, etc. are all the same as far as being cheap crap made in China and shopping at any one of those should give one an equal 'unclean' experience. But, I was questioning why conservatives don't have a problem with sending all those American dollars to China, a communist nation. There is a cost attached to having cheaply priced products and plentiful jobs provided by WM.
    If you could just put a light bulb over every gay person’s head, people would see just how well-lit their streets and cities are.
    -Alexey Odintsov

  29. #29

    Re: Does Walmart Create Jobs?

    Quote Originally Posted by Rolyo85 View Post
    Target is nothing like Walmart. It pays more and its prices don't kill local businesses. Kmart has been a zombie for years and is dying out.

    There's a reason why major successful cities won't allow Walmart on their territory. Do you think it's only irrational hatred?
    They keep trying to come into NYC, but we won't let them!

  30. #30

    Re: Does Walmart Create Jobs?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Springer View Post
    Go into any store ... almost all the stuff is from China.

    The hatred for Walmart is fascinating to me -- I don't understand it. Target and Kmart are about the same as Walmart -- why not hate them too?
    If you don't understand it then why do you keep defending Wal*Mart?

  31. #31
    JUB Addict Ninja108's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Partnered
    Posts
    62,391

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Does Walmart Create Jobs?

    For those syaing Wal-Mart creates jobs,what kind of jobs is the question.
    It is a job where one can survive off the wages they pay you?

  32. #32

    Re: Does Walmart Create Jobs?

    Quote Originally Posted by CowboyBob View Post
    If you don't understand it then why do you keep defending Wal*Mart?
    I'm not defending Walmart. I'm saying that many other retailers are just like Walmart -- but for some reason you people and others hate Walmart.

    It doesn't make sense ... there has to be more to it.

  33. #33

    Re: Does Walmart Create Jobs?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Springer View Post
    I'm not defending Walmart. I'm saying that many other retailers are just like Walmart -- but for some reason you people and others hate Walmart.

    It doesn't make sense ... there has to be more to it.
    As I said before, read the posts in this thread and maybe you'll learn something.

  34. #34
    Impish and Mercurial Rolyo85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Boystown, Chicago
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    8,679

    Code of Conduct
    No other retailer is quite like Walmart and that's an easily provable fact.
    That we are capable only of being what we are, remains our unforgivable sin.
    - Gene Wolfe

  35. #35

    Re: Does Walmart Create Jobs?

    ^^

    How so?

  36. #36
    of the 99%
    Just_Believe18's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    9,203

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Does Walmart Create Jobs?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Springer View Post
    I'm not defending Walmart. I'm saying that many other retailers are just like Walmart -- but for some reason you people and others hate Walmart.

    It doesn't make sense ... there has to be more to it.
    You really need to read the posts in this thread. People are replying back to you and explaining the problem with Wal-Mart. This is not an echo chamber. Please engage in the discussion and listen.
    #439th oldest member on JUB.

  37. #37

    Re: Does Walmart Create Jobs?

    Here in NY where I live, they have fought to keep Walmart out, and with good reason. It would destroy every single store anywhere near it. Kind of like a black hole sucking in sad little planets..

  38. #38
    Porn Star Zu-Mendel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Tampa
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    465

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Does Walmart Create Jobs?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Springer View Post
    ^^

    How so?
    Easy, I work for Publix as a part-time gig, and they treat me as a valued asset as opposed to how my Walmart-employed friends used to get treated like a abused dogs. Thankfully they wizened up and got the hell away from Walmart. One of my friends put it best when he told me cold-call telemarketing is a dream job compared to being a Walmart slave.

  39. #39
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Partnered
    Posts
    3,171

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Does Walmart Create Jobs?

    Quote Originally Posted by Just_Believe18 View Post
    . People are replying back to you and explaining the problem with Wal-Mart. ].
    There is no problem with Walmart. Any 'perceived' problems are liberal nonsense.

    Consumers are well aware of the fact that the presence of Walmart allows them to save some $287 billion per year, and consumers vote with their pocketbooks. That one fact trumps every other consideration, real or imaginary. Everyone from suburban soccer moms to retirees on fixed incomes, to people living at the margins of society are well aware of what they save at walmart.

    http://www.forbes.com/sites/timworst...s-not-the-top/

    Shopping at WalMart specifically does not save the average family $2,500 a year. But the effect of WalMart on the total economy means that the average family does save $2,500 a year on their shopping. This is, if you like, the consumer surplus of the big box stores having driven all those Mom and Pop stores out of business: and of having destroyed all of those jobs in the process.

    Or, if you prefer, that $287 billion a year. And please do note that that’s each and every
    year.
    Last edited by HenryReardon; August 20th, 2013 at 10:25 AM.

  40. #40

    Re: Does Walmart Create Jobs?

    Quote Originally Posted by HenryReardon View Post
    There is no problem with Walmart. Any 'perceived' problems are liberal nonsense.

    Consumers are well aware of the fact that the presence of Walmart allows them to save some $287 billion per year, and consumers vote with their pocketbooks. That one fact trumps every other consideration, real or imaginary. Everyone from suburban soccer moms to retirees on fixed incomes, to people living at the margins of society are well aware of what they save at walmart.

    http://www.forbes.com/sites/timworst...s-not-the-top/

    Shopping at WalMart specifically does not save the average family $2,500 a year. But the effect of WalMart on the total economy means that the average family does save $2,500 a year on their shopping. This is, if you like, the consumer surplus of the big box stores having driven all those Mom and Pop stores out of business: and of having destroyed all of those jobs in the process.

    Or, if you prefer, that $287 billion a year. And please do note that that’s each and every
    year.
    The average family saves $2,500 a year. They have to shop at Walmart and buy the cheap garbage it peddles because they can't afford to shop at better stores because Walmart destroyed their jobs.

  41. #41
    Impish and Mercurial Rolyo85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Boystown, Chicago
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    8,679

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Does Walmart Create Jobs?

    Quote Originally Posted by palemale View Post
    The average family saves $2,500 a year. They have to shop at Walmart and buy the cheap garbage it peddles because they can't afford to shop at better stores because Walmart destroyed their jobs.
    That's just liberal nonsense. Everybody knows poverty wages are what drives this country forward!
    That we are capable only of being what we are, remains our unforgivable sin.
    - Gene Wolfe

  42. #42
    ecce homo rareboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Partnered
    Posts
    32,863

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Does Walmart Create Jobs?

    Quote Originally Posted by HenryReardon View Post
    There is no problem with Walmart. Any 'perceived' problems are liberal nonsense.

    Consumers are well aware of the fact that the presence of Walmart allows them to save some $287 billion per year, and consumers vote with their pocketbooks. That one fact trumps every other consideration, real or imaginary. Everyone from suburban soccer moms to retirees on fixed incomes, to people living at the margins of society are well aware of what they save at walmart.

    http://www.forbes.com/sites/timworst...s-not-the-top/

    Shopping at WalMart specifically does not save the average family $2,500 a year. But the effect of WalMart on the total economy means that the average family does save $2,500 a year on their shopping. This is, if you like, the consumer surplus of the big box stores having driven all those Mom and Pop stores out of business: and of having destroyed all of those jobs in the process.

    Or, if you prefer, that $287 billion a year. And please do note that that’s each and every
    year.
    And that is 287 billion that ultimately, the corporations keep and 287 billion out of an active working economy. When will the US finally wake up and realize that it can't save itself rich. Driving everything, including wages and prices down to the lowest level and eliminating an entire layer of middle class jobs in retailing and sales only creates structural recession and urban blight.

  43. #43
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Partnered
    Posts
    3,171

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Does Walmart Create Jobs?

    Quote Originally Posted by palemale View Post
    The average family saves $2,500 a year. They have to shop at Walmart and buy the cheap garbage it peddles .
    In addition to their own distributor brands, Walmart carries major branded products. To use cereal as an example, they have Cheerios and all the rest. Hardly 'cheap garbage'.

  44. #44
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Partnered
    Posts
    3,171

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Does Walmart Create Jobs?

    Quote Originally Posted by rareboy View Post
    And that is 287 billion that ultimately, the corporations keep and 287 billion out of an active working economy. .
    Nonsense. Walmart's profit margin is about 3.5%, give or take a fraction of a point. So three and one-half cents of every dollar spent at Walmart is retained by the company. That's an embarrassingly small margin.

    Source Walmart Corp annual reports.

  45. #45

    Re: Does Walmart Create Jobs?

    Quote Originally Posted by HenryReardon View Post
    In addition to their own distributor brands, Walmart carries major branded products. To use cereal as an example, they have Cheerios and all the rest. Hardly 'cheap garbage'.
    Major branded products are largely garbage. We worship money and cheap consumer products in this country. We have no soul. Downtowns are hollowed out, so people drive to the big box stores, than go home and sit and watch shitty programs on crappy TVs purchased at Walmart while eating cheap junk food purchased at Walmart while sitting on shitty furniture purchased at Walmart and growing increasingly obese, which requires them to go to Walmart and purchase cheap prescription drugs to take care of their obesity caused ailments.

  46. #46
    PerScientiam AdJustitiam bankside's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    The Middle of Snowwhere.
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Married (to a man)
    Posts
    16,111
    Blog Entries
    2

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Does Walmart Create Jobs?

    Wal mart doesn't save me money. Their corner-cutting reduces the overall quality of products in any city I've lived in when they show up, and you end up having to buy specialist items when previously the mass-market item used to be entirely adequate.
    Americans need to keep their guns so they can protect themselves from gun violence just like Nancy Lanza did. And like Chris Kyle did. And like Gabby Giffords did. And like Tom Clements did. And like Michael Piemonte. And Joseph Wilcox.

  47. #47
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Partnered
    Posts
    3,171

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Does Walmart Create Jobs?

    Quote Originally Posted by palemale View Post
    major branded products are largely garbage. We worship money and cheap consumer products in this country. We have no soul. Downtowns are hollowed out, so people drive to the big box stores, than go home and sit and watch shitty programs on crappy tvs purchased at walmart while eating cheap junk food purchased at walmart while sitting on shitty furniture purchased at walmart and growing increasingly obese, which requires them to go to walmart and purchase cheap prescription drugs to take care of their obesity caused ailments.
    lololololol

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by bankside View Post
    Wal mart doesn't save me money. Their corner-cutting reduces the overall quality of products in any city I've lived in when they show up, and you end up having to buy specialist items when previously the mass-market item used to be entirely adequate.
    That's highly subjective and impossible to prove.

  48. #48
    ecce homo rareboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Partnered
    Posts
    32,863

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Does Walmart Create Jobs?

    ^ Walmart has been responsible for the dumbing down of everything. It was once a pleasure to shop for quality products and good design. At one time, Canada had one of the best food retailers in the world, Loblaw. The advent and competition from Walmart has utterly destroyed the experience of shopping at Loblaw's as they chased the market down to the bottom with 'Stupor-Stores' that are just football fields filled with endless acres of crap trailer park 'food' products, crap produce and meats and no service to speak of.

    They have just about destroyed the general clothing market with floods of cheaply made crap that have forced the middle and even the higher end stores to continue to dumb down their product lines as well. At the end of the day it is just about getting people to buy twice the amount of cheap crap as they need to replace the quality products that used to last longer than it takes to get them home.

    The only joy that I get is knowing that Walmart will one day fail...just like all the other giant retailers. Hopefully, like many of them...hundreds of outlets will close and others will be upgraded to better quality and smaller stores.

  49. #49
    ecce homo rareboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Partnered
    Posts
    32,863

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Does Walmart Create Jobs?

    Quote Originally Posted by HenryReardon View Post
    Nonsense. Walmart's profit margin is about 3.5%, give or take a fraction of a point. So three and one-half cents of every dollar spent at Walmart is retained by the company. That's an embarrassingly small margin.

    Source Walmart Corp annual reports.
    Nonsense. It is not an embarrassingly small margin.

  50. #50
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Partnered
    Posts
    3,171

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Does Walmart Create Jobs?

    Quote Originally Posted by rareboy View Post
    Nonsense. It is not an embarrassingly small margin.
    Oh, puhleeze. A margin of 9.5% would be at least as good as Exxon's, though kind of low. 3.5% is shamefully small.
    Too bad they do so much for the consumer, isn't it?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | About JustUsBoys.com | Site Map | RSS | Webmasters | Advertise | Link to JUB | Report A Bug on this Page

Visit our sister sites: Broke Straight Boys | CollegeDudes.com | CollegeBoyPhysicals.com | RocketTube
All models appearing on JustUsBoys.com were over 18 at the time of photography. The records for sexually explicit images required by U.S. 2257 are kept by the
individual producers of the images. The location of the records is available by clicking the Custodian of Records link at the bottom of each gallery page.
© 2012 JustUsBoys.com. The JustUsBoys.com name and logo are registered trademarks. Labeled with ICRA and RTA. Member of ASACP and The Free Speech Coalition.