JustUsBoys.com gay porn forum

logo

remove these banner ads by becoming a JUB Supporter.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 51 to 76 of 76
  1. #51

    Re: Dating outside your race

    Quote Originally Posted by mcbrion View Post
    no, you have to answer to the minority guy, or else, he's just an experiment, although one who can ask "What were you thinking when you asked me out? What did you hope would happen? Did you like me or just want me?" These are the things we minorities want to know. You don't get to make these rules, bud. And it's ONLY 2013, Not 10,013. Only 50 years ago people hanged those of us of different ethnicities. Maybe for you, that's just history. For me, that's my life story - and not out of a history book. If you want to date me, you should be able to tell me why.
    I'm afraid I might not have understood your point completely, however I'll answer with what I've got.

    I agree that racism is not just history yet, slavery, for example, was not that long time ago and the perception of blacks as slaves has largely influenced how people perceive blacks, maybe so far as in today (and also because slavery and the post-discrimination led to serious consequences such as the current disadvantage of blacks)

    However, as you said, these things happen in an unconscious level that it is very hard to control, if not impossible. And if I owe to anyone to broaden my horizons by defying those "basic" attractions that I have is to Myself, and Not to You (as in the the Minority You). If i do that for You I'll be acting from pity, I don't see how that can generate attraction. That's because attraction is indeed selfish, and that's the only way it can be.

    But look, in the end, we have to give time to time. Yes, if there is an unconscious bias towards attractions to different races that - might - be associated with conscious discrimination that was made in the past. But it'll only fade away with time.

    Also, from what I realize, most people have preferences on race that are far from binding, and in the end, don't you rather stick with someone that likes you for who you are more than for how much they are attracted to you?

    It does scare me that this is a matter of discussion, because the only reason that it is it's because there is:
    1. An apparent bias in sexual attraction to ethnicies
    2. A counter-culture to that apparent bias that tries to scare people from minorities into fuck amongst themselves (by excluding them from "the group" if they do not - like the author is being!)

    I'd say that's quite sad, wouldn't you?

    I say: Fuck everyone else's opinion on to whom I am sexually attracted to. Let my dick decide that. Is it not enough I have to deal with the fact that some people can't accepted that my dick prefers men, I also have to deal with people who can't accept that my dick prefers exotic or familiar?
    Of course, for those whose dick only gets erect to a certain ethnicity, that can be quite limiting, but it is up to them to decide whether they want to test those boundaries or not.

  2. #52
    Slut HorndogPaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Bisexual
    Posts
    222

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Dating outside your race

    Until now I've only dated within my race (white) but now dating a Hispanic. For me it is more based on the individual.

    I feel as if that Is something else our culture is going to take time to get use to. It's like as our culture is getting more use to/ok with gay they are not as accepting of interracial.
    View: The Great Dick Blog!
    Stay erect on our updates, follow us on Twitter! @GreatDickBlog

  3. #53
    On the Prowl
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Atlanta
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Posts
    78

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Dating outside your race

    Quote Originally Posted by HorndogPaul View Post
    Until now I've only dated within my race (white) but now dating a Hispanic. For me it is more based on the individual.

    I feel as if that Is something else our culture is going to take time to get use to. It's like as our culture is getting more use to/ok with gay they are not as accepting of interracial.
    In the end, it should be about the individual but unfortunately the road to that point is usually not that clearly marked. From my perspective, there seems to be a level of xenophobia among guys that only date within in their own "race". Couple that with our tendencies to stick with what's familiar and you've got a basis for why a lot of guys, black, white, asian, etc. only date within their own races. Throw in socio-economic factors and that tends to lock things in even more.

    And gay culture seems to be in the same place as (maybe evening lagging behind to a certain degree) society in general in terms of interracial relationships. Interracial relationships in the media (movies, television) are less and less "shocking" and more the norm now, but in real life gay relationships, we still are not nearly as accepting "AS SEEN ON TV". Especially when it comes down to black and white men dating.

  4. #54
    Slut vater292's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    202

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Dating outside your race

    Quote Originally Posted by mcbrion View Post
    no, you have to answer to the minority guy, or else, he's just an experiment, although one who can ask "What were you thinking when you asked me out? What did you hope would happen? Did you like me or just want me?" These are the things we minorities want to know. You don't get to make these rules, bud. And it's ONLY 2013, Not 10,013. Only 50 years ago people hanged those of us of different ethnicities. Maybe for you, that's just history. For me, that's my life story - and not out of a history book. If you want to date me, you should be able to tell me why.
    If you really feel someone should have to answer to you simply because you are a minority that is quite pathetic. None of those questions directly have anything to do with you being a minority and are really far for anyone to ask anyone if they want to know why there partner was initially attracted to them. But to actually expect someone to have to answer to someone simply because they are a minority is completely stupid.

  5. #55
    Match in the gas tank..
    Taralen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Gender
    Male
    Status
    Open Relationship
    Posts
    591

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Dating outside your race

    Quote Originally Posted by Pyscean View Post
    we still are not nearly as accepting "AS SEEN ON TV". Especially when it comes down to black and white men dating.
    Why should we be? I love the fact of a taboo interracial gay couple living their happy lives. Society isn't ready for that shit and putting it on tv is going to make it cheesy. Don't ruin a good special thing.

    Not some Modern Family, Glee bullshit trying to capitalize it with the media. With people pretending to be accepting of it, in reality they aren't.

    There is a reason Noah's Arc had no interracial content. I'm glad it didn't because we aren't ready for that yet.
    Glass Half Empty, Glass Half Full
    http://colorfulqueers.tumblr.com/

  6. #56
    Impish and Mercurial Rolyo85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Boystown, Chicago
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    8,679

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Dating outside your race

    Quote Originally Posted by vater292 View Post
    If you really feel someone should have to answer to you simply because you are a minority that is quite pathetic. None of those questions directly have anything to do with you being a minority and are really far for anyone to ask anyone if they want to know why there partner was initially attracted to them. But to actually expect someone to have to answer to someone simply because they are a minority is completely stupid.
    Yeah, this whole "you must defend a thesis if you want to date me" attitude leads to a long and meaningful life of being single...
    That we are capable only of being what we are, remains our unforgivable sin.
    - Gene Wolfe

  7. #57
    On the Prowl
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Atlanta
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Posts
    78

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Dating outside your race

    Quote Originally Posted by Taralen View Post
    Why should we be? I love the fact of a taboo interracial gay couple living their happy lives. Society isn't ready for that shit and putting it on tv is going to make it cheesy. Don't ruin a good special thing.

    Not some Modern Family, Glee bullshit trying to capitalize it with the media. With people pretending to be accepting of it, in reality they aren't.

    There is a reason Noah's Arc had no interracial content. I'm glad it didn't because we aren't ready for that yet.
    The reason Noah's Arc came about was mainly in direct response to Queer As Folk's lack of diversity. You obviously haven't or hadn't seen the show DTLA which stars Noah's Arc alum Darryl Stephens... and guess what..he's in a relationship with a man not of his race. There's no shock and nothing unusual about it. Nothing cheesy about it. It's about their relationship...not about their race. There's no taboo in it. They're not sneaking around trying to hide it or defend it. It..just..is. And Noah's Arc is about as cheesy as it gets when talking about relationships.

    And saying that society (which I'm sure you mean gay society) isn't ready for it is like saying general society isn't ready to accept that gays exist. That's silly. When you look at the media, in particular Hollywood, you see it all the time. James Earl Jones, Robert DeNiro, Alfre Woodard, Iman, and George Lucas are just a few that are either black/African-American, of black African descent, or have a spouse/girlfriend/boyfriend of black African descent. Some gay celeb types would be Shaun T., Denis O'Hare and Nick Denton. Why wouldn't the rest of us not-so-famous types be open to the same acceptance of love and attraction?

  8. #58
    Match in the gas tank..
    Taralen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Gender
    Male
    Status
    Open Relationship
    Posts
    591

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Dating outside your race

    DTLA? Oh since you brought it up. Let me refresh my horrid memories about it.

    Brian and Lenny break up on the first episode.

    The other black gay couple also break up on the second episode.

    The show was badly produced and the storyline was horrible. It focused more on straight issues than gay.

    The asian gay man is blackmailed by his underage stripper student into getting him fired from his teaching job.

    It showed nothing positive towards the gay community and men of color.

    It is also a show that had little and practically no advertising and promotion and I honestly don't see it coming back.

    I had totally forgotten about the show until you reminded me of it.

    I'm not saying that I don't want society to ever accept it. I'm still in my 20's so I'm hoping for a change.

    I just think Hollywood and the television and the media in general have an agenda, and right now that isn't the top priority.

    If they are going to showcase a gay man in the entertainment field, he's going to be white, and so is his partner.

    Any exceptions would be reality television or documentaries or personal lives.

    Lee Daniel's (director of hit movies "Precious" and "The Butler") partner is a white actor, but none of this is relevant.
    Glass Half Empty, Glass Half Full
    http://colorfulqueers.tumblr.com/

  9. #59
    On the Prowl
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Atlanta
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Posts
    78

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Dating outside your race

    Quote Originally Posted by Taralen View Post
    DTLA? Oh since you brought it up. Let me refresh my horrid memories about it.

    Brian and Lenny break up on the first episode.

    The other black gay couple also break up on the second episode.

    The show was badly produced and the storyline was horrible. It focused more on straight issues than gay.

    The asian gay man is blackmailed by his underage stripper student into getting him fired from his teaching job.

    It showed nothing positive towards the gay community and men of color.

    It is also a show that had little and practically no advertising and promotion and I honestly don't see it coming back.

    I had totally forgotten about the show until you reminded me of it.

    I'm not saying that I don't want society to ever accept it. I'm still in my 20's so I'm hoping for a change.

    I just think Hollywood and the television and the media in general have an agenda, and right now that isn't the top priority.

    If they are going to showcase a gay man in the entertainment field, he's going to be white, and so is his partner.

    Any exceptions would be reality television or documentaries or personal lives.

    Lee Daniel's (director of hit movies "Precious" and "The Butler") partner is a white actor, but none of this is relevant.
    The original post in this thread regards someone that wanted a bit more understanding/insight as to why there are difficulties within the gay community accepting the concept of dating outside of one's race..and in particular, the conflict between gay black men that choose to date outside of their race and those that don't.

    I used DTLA as vehicle to illustrate the diversity of dating relationships. Who breaks up, who stays together, and who's being blackmailed is irrelevant to my point. The success/failure of relationships almost never is the result of race. And I say almost never because sometimes people enter a relationship purely as an experiment i.e. I wonder what it's like to date/have sex with a <insert random demographic classification>.

    Also, acceptance of a concept or idea need not be 100% to make it valid. I was pointing out the inter-racial couples in the entertainment industry to illustrate that it exists on all levels. It may not be for everyone but there's no need for anyone to demean and degrade the relationship simply because they don't agree with it. You're going to find large and small areas of society that keeps to themselves.

    Society is already making major strides towards accepting straight inter-racial relationships, but the gay community still has a ways to go to accepting its own diversity. I'm verging on 40 years old and one thing I've learned is that I'm always proud of my boyfriend/partner (and now I can actually call him husband when I finally find him). That pride comes not from a similar ethnic heritage, but from a similar way of thinking and communicating. It comes from a similar drive and ambition as well as similar pursuits when it comes to career aspirations and recreational pursuits among other things. It comes from me being happy with him for who he is in total. If he happens to be of the same ethnic background...great, but I'm not going to rule out a potential love interest simply because society, gay or otherwise, isn't supposedly ready for it.
    Last edited by Pyscean; November 9th, 2013 at 03:30 PM.

  10. #60
    Match in the gas tank..
    Taralen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Gender
    Male
    Status
    Open Relationship
    Posts
    591

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Dating outside your race

    Quote Originally Posted by Pyscean View Post
    The original post in this thread regards someone that wanted a bit more understanding/insight as to why there are difficulties within the gay community accepting the concept of dating outside of one's race..and in particular, the conflict between gay black men that choose to date outside of their race and those that don't.

    I used DTLA as vehicle to illustrate the diversity of dating relationships. Who breaks up, who stays together, and who's being blackmailed is irrelevant to my point. The success/failure of relationships almost never is the result of race. And I say almost never because sometimes people enter a relationship purely as an experiment i.e. I wonder what it's like to date/have sex with a <insert random demographic classification>.

    Also, acceptance of a concept or idea need not be 100% to make it valid. I was pointing out the inter-racial couples in the entertainment industry to illustrate that it exists on all levels. It may not be for everyone but there's no need for anyone to demean and degrade the relationship simply because they don't agree with it. You're going to find large and small areas of society that keeps to themselves.

    Society is already making major strides towards accepting straight inter-racial relationships, but the gay community still has a ways to go to accepting its own diversity. I'm verging on 40 years old and one thing I've learned is that I'm always proud of my boyfriend/partner (and now I can actually call him husband when I finally find him). That pride comes not from a similar ethnic heritage, but from a similar way of thinking and communicating. It comes from a similar drive and ambition as well as similar pursuits when it comes to career aspirations and recreational pursuits among other things. It comes from me being happy with him for who he is in total. If he happens to be of the same ethnic background...great, but I'm not going to rule out a potential love interest simply because society, gay or otherwise, isn't supposedly ready for it.
    I totally understand. But the media plays a big part as to how society plays. Everyone watches television, reads magazines, watches movies etc. Young and old. All races.

    Twerking has been around since the 80s. Due to Miley Cyrus' controversial Video Music Awards performance, it has resurrected into popularity. All because of this videos on youtube of people twerking proclaiming that it's a new fad and craze makes me sick.

    Scandal is a very popular television series right now. It is one of the first to showcase a black female in a lead role having an interracial relationship. Black women and white men relationships are still frowned upon in this society, especially in America. Unlike black men and white women relationships. Black women are more willing to date men of other races, not limited to white because of that.

    DTLA just wasn't good enough to hold your argument.

    The only good show which could win your argument would be Modern Family which is one of the highest rated shows on television which feature both white partners, and no black characters period.

    And I used to disagree with this statement as before I thought it was gay black men who were refusing to date white men, but due to the fact that I've talked to other gay black men and men of color in general who were associates of mine, not to mention I've tried online dating, networking, parties, meeting people at work, and I've come to the fact that white men might flirt and have fantasies of the big black dick syndrome, but in reality when it comes to interracial they are interested in black men the least, and asian men are at the top of the totem pole with probably any other race in between or below black men in rare cases.

    And I'm only speaking of my experiences and friends experiences, as the same issues could happen to straight interracial couples, but the majority of the white men that I've been with and I've felt were going to be my soul mate, never wanted to go on dates. It was always late night adventures at his house, he wouldn't allow me to text him at certain times, he did heavy drug and alcohol abuse, I wasn't allowed at his house, his family had beef with me, sex was too kinky (not that I have a problem with it, but some of the things were a little extreme), I couldn't take pictures of him, etc. Just some common stereotypes that really aren't ever discussed but happen always. Mainly because interracial relationships for the most part are still taboo in the United States, straight or gay.

    I totally agree to some parts of what you said, but just understand that entertainment plays a big part of it.

    Plus it's four minorities being jumbled together.

    1.Gay
    2.Gay person of color.
    3.Interracial couple
    4.Gay Interracial couple.
    Glass Half Empty, Glass Half Full
    http://colorfulqueers.tumblr.com/

  11. #61
    DragononFire
    Guest

    Re: Dating outside your race

    I am a Caucasian gay guy and I prefer white American males. I don't find much in common with black Americans or anyone with dark skin, but I don't dislike them. I was raised in a Christian family, on both my mother and father's sides, and most if not all of them are against interracial relationships (mostly my mom's dad, he hates blacks, Mexicans and anyone not white...pity). I learned to not be so ignorant. I didn't really connect with any blacks or Hispanics in school but I talked to some at times, depending on which classes I had with them. I was also an awkward loner so then again, I didn't connect with anyone really. Sometimes I wish I had something in common with other people besides whites, white people can be so critical at times.

  12. #62
    Match in the gas tank..
    Taralen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Gender
    Male
    Status
    Open Relationship
    Posts
    591

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Dating outside your race

    Quote Originally Posted by DragononFire View Post
    I am a Caucasian gay guy and I prefer white American males. I don't find much in common with black Americans or anyone with dark skin, but I don't dislike them. I was raised in a Christian family, on both my mother and father's sides, and most if not all of them are against interracial relationships (mostly my mom's dad, he hates blacks, Mexicans and anyone not white...pity). I learned to not be so ignorant. I didn't really connect with any blacks or Hispanics in school but I talked to some at times, depending on which classes I had with them. I was also an awkward loner so then again, I didn't connect with anyone really. Sometimes I wish I had something in common with other people besides whites, white people can be so critical at times.
    Glass Half Empty, Glass Half Full
    http://colorfulqueers.tumblr.com/

  13. #63
    DragononFire
    Guest

    Re: Dating outside your race

    Quote Originally Posted by Taralen View Post
    What?.....

  14. #64
    PerScientiam AdJustitiam bankside's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    The Middle of Snowwhere.
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Married (to a man)
    Posts
    15,944
    Blog Entries
    2

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Dating outside your race

    Quote Originally Posted by DragononFire View Post
    What?.....
    My hope would be that your family doesn't have much in common with white Americans either. I think if I had a family like yours I would feel I had more in common with just about anyone else no matter what their colour. Do you find their ignorance comes between you?
    Americans need to keep their guns so they can protect themselves from gun violence just like Nancy Lanza did. And like Chris Kyle did. And like Gabby Giffords did. And like Tom Clements did. And like Michael Piemonte. And Joseph Wilcox.

  15. #65

    Re: Dating outside your race

    I see nothing wrong with dating outside one's race as long as it's not BECAUSE it's outside one's race. For example, if a black guy is dating a white guy simply because he's white, I think that's incredibly foolish, and I am judging in my head, but it's their life and not my business.

  16. #66

    Re: Dating outside your race

    Quote Originally Posted by n8thadj View Post
    I'm a man of color and I date mostly white men, I find that this is still a problem within out community and I can't seem to understand why its such a problem or bothers people when someone makes a choice to date someone of a different race. Any thoughts on this topic?
    Like I said before..I started to change my outlook since 2009- to accept people of all races even though I must sacrifice my heavy attraction towards white guys in my younger years. I shaped myself entirely and perhaps- one 'bitter' remarks from one particular jubber really strikes me in the heart- pushing me to validate my vow.

    Surprisingly I became a person I want to be.
    Right now..Im not gonna cry or throw fist if my boyfriend/husband isn't white. It feels...like a true liberty ^^
    and I hope guys like you can pay attention to this issue IF THIS REALLY BOTHERS you. Otherwise..people free to be whatever they want to be.

  17. #67
    On the Prowl
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Atlanta
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Posts
    78

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Dating outside your race

    Quote Originally Posted by Taralen View Post
    I totally understand. But the media plays a big part as to how society plays. Everyone watches television, reads magazines, watches movies etc. Young and old. All races.

    Twerking has been around since the 80s. Due to Miley Cyrus' controversial Video Music Awards performance, it has resurrected into popularity. All because of this videos on youtube of people twerking proclaiming that it's a new fad and craze makes me sick.

    Scandal is a very popular television series right now. It is one of the first to showcase a black female in a lead role having an interracial relationship. Black women and white men relationships are still frowned upon in this society, especially in America. Unlike black men and white women relationships. Black women are more willing to date men of other races, not limited to white because of that.

    DTLA just wasn't good enough to hold your argument.

    The only good show which could win your argument would be Modern Family which is one of the highest rated shows on television which feature both white partners, and no black characters period.

    And I used to disagree with this statement as before I thought it was gay black men who were refusing to date white men, but due to the fact that I've talked to other gay black men and men of color in general who were associates of mine, not to mention I've tried online dating, networking, parties, meeting people at work, and I've come to the fact that white men might flirt and have fantasies of the big black dick syndrome, but in reality when it comes to interracial they are interested in black men the least, and asian men are at the top of the totem pole with probably any other race in between or below black men in rare cases.

    And I'm only speaking of my experiences and friends experiences, as the same issues could happen to straight interracial couples, but the majority of the white men that I've been with and I've felt were going to be my soul mate, never wanted to go on dates. It was always late night adventures at his house, he wouldn't allow me to text him at certain times, he did heavy drug and alcohol abuse, I wasn't allowed at his house, his family had beef with me, sex was too kinky (not that I have a problem with it, but some of the things were a little extreme), I couldn't take pictures of him, etc. Just some common stereotypes that really aren't ever discussed but happen always. Mainly because interracial relationships for the most part are still taboo in the United States, straight or gay.

    I totally agree to some parts of what you said, but just understand that entertainment plays a big part of it.

    Plus it's four minorities being jumbled together.

    1.Gay
    2.Gay person of color.
    3.Interracial couple
    4.Gay Interracial couple.
    Okay..I'm really trying to figure out what argument you think I'm trying to win? The fact that inter-racial relationships exist, gay or otherwise, and that the microcosm of Hollywood is just a snapshot of what's starting to come to fruition in the greater populace? Also, whether society is ready for it or not...it's real and it's out there. I only used common media and the celebrity factor as examples..valid examples nonetheless. It was just easier to reference names that a large majority of people from all walks of life would/might recognize rather than me saying something like.."Well..the accountant that does my taxes is married to a black woman and he's white." That doesn't validate my point because their is no common frame of reference between me and those that I'm trying to convey the concept to.

    Also, I never said anything about gay black men not being interested in dating white men. What I said specifically is that there is some serious tension between gay black men who choose to date outside of their race and those that do not. As a matter of fact, I completely agree with your assessment of that white men, in general, place black men as a last resort (or a never resort to) dating option. And yes..I've had the experience, and still do have the experience, of being treated like a walking penis from some white guys. But as I've gotten older and more experienced, I've become more aware of which guys value me for the complete package and which see me as a novelty.

  18. #68
    DragononFire
    Guest

    Re: Dating outside your race

    Quote Originally Posted by bankside View Post
    My hope would be that your family doesn't have much in common with white Americans either. I think if I had a family like yours I would feel I had more in common with just about anyone else no matter what their colour. Do you find their ignorance comes between you?
    They're not completely evil. It's not like they're confederate rednecks who hate blacks and bash them at every chance they get. My mom is lenient about black people most of the time. She has black co-workers and patients, and they are nicer to her than most of her white co-workers are. She has respect for them and just sees them as normal human beings who are doing their jobs. Her dad though, ugh, don't get me started with him, he hates everything under the sun. My dad, I think, is kind of split on black folks. He used to work with them, and they were all like family at the hospital my dad and my mom used to work at (I was born there too). I think some things about black people irritate my dad but I wouldn't say he's necessarily racist. My brother isn't either, he's had black friends and works with them too. He is more like our mother and accepts decent, hard-working black people. My mom's side of the family really can't stand most races, and my dad's side really hasn't said anything about other races as far as I know.

    The only real issue I have is with my mom's dad, since I see him more than most of my other family members (other than my mother and brother). You can't have your own opinion around him and he rambles on and on how drug dealers and their families should be killed so no more drug issues come about and just all this hate for everybody. Pitiful, I say.

  19. #69
    JUB Addict LeicsDom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Leicester UK
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    1,729

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Dating outside your race

    Quote Originally Posted by n8thadj View Post
    I'm a man of color and I date mostly white men, I find that this is still a problem within out community and I can't seem to understand why its such a problem or bothers people when someone makes a choice to date someone of a different race. Any thoughts on this topic?
    In the UK it seems to be very much a non-white concern. If you are ethnic then your community frowns, or worse, on it. Whites really don't care.
    I think this has a lot to do with homophobia within many ethnic communities and that is largely to do with their intinctive need to reproduce to strengthen their races.

  20. #70
    Elderhostile Gay Dejavudoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Albuquerque
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Available
    Posts
    5,920

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Dating outside your race

    It is hardly an occasion to tsk-tsk at Dragononfire. He didn't post any animus, only isolation and an honest reflection of racism in his family. He didn't defend it.

    What he described occurs here and there, and not just in Caucasians. Some segment of an ethnic group gets visibility and then another group stereotypes the race based on that. The actual problem that is experienced (crime, noise, graffiti, gentrification, snobbery, etc.) is the problem -- some legitimate, some not -- but the race becomes the perceived problem.

    I found Dragon's honesty refreshing. It occurs in the families of many more posters in this thread who were less forthcoming about it.

    And, as always, I found the Confederate mention not true to the South I lived in. It's not that it didn't ever occur, but not anywhere near the alleged incidence that is touted by people not living there. As I've travelled the U.S., I've seen racism to some degree in many segments, and not just the backwater cracker variety. It's a bit convenient to imagine the big problem is over there in the blue states when it is next door and maybe not along the black-white divide.
    Last edited by Dejavudoo; November 13th, 2013 at 05:56 AM.
    There are TWO kinds of people in the world -- the kind who believe there are two kinds of people, and the kind who don't.

  21. #71
    JUB Addict Harke the Boeotarch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Amsterdam
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Widower
    Posts
    9,400

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Dating outside your race

    I have sex with black guys every once in a while and even lived with one once. Boy oh boy did some of them and some of the POCs here have issues.

  22. #72
    portabodwitstand&chairtoo SLOPPYSECONDS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    12,070
    Blog Entries
    3

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Dating outside your race

    let see humans apesyees wonda baout million yrs lookin fa kool question ask da knitin circulll
    wot luck
    * internet 2 finals giv knitin circull questions nevabefor hear *

    technology so handy fa 1st world wen discova wot they nose doins

    thankyou
    Mr up slide---sexbots convention a now is opan all say rrrrrrr_rrrrrrr_---Mr down slide
    Mr down slide---!how spell r?!"kinda drools it out"!ooh tinkyou!---Mr up slide

  23. #73

    Re: Dating outside your race

    Scandinavia isn't very ethnic and I've only really dated 3 guys and they were all European. My preferences aren't based based on race though but more on age and body type.

  24. #74
    On the Prowl
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Atlanta
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Posts
    78

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Dating outside your race

    Quote Originally Posted by MysteryLovesCompany View Post
    Scandinavia isn't very ethnic and I've only really dated 3 guys and they were all European. My preferences aren't based based on race though but more on age and body type.

    When you say they were all European, you must mean they were all white/caucasian European. And I can understand why you would only date those guys because that may all that's available to you in Scandinavia.

  25. #75
    Lions&Tigers&Bears Oh My!
    eastofeden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Silicon Valley
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Partnered
    Posts
    5,031
    Blog Entries
    2

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Dating outside your race

    Quote Originally Posted by SLOPPYSECONDS View Post
    let see humans apesyees wonda baout million yrs lookin fa kool question ask da knitin circulll
    wot luck
    * internet 2 finals giv knitin circull questions nevabefor hear *

    technology so handy fa 1st world wen discova wot they nose doins

    thankyou
    FINALLY...something I can relate to ...you did it once again Sloppy

    thankyou

  26. #76
    JUB Addict figjam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Bisexual
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    1,109

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Dating outside your race

    Quote Originally Posted by n8thadj View Post
    I'm a man of color and I date mostly white men, I find that this is still a problem within out community and I can't seem to understand why its such a problem or bothers people when someone makes a choice to date someone of a different race. Any thoughts on this topic?

    I have been "dating" outside my race since discovering dark meat. I found that my community mostly frown upon me fucking black men in my garden in clear view of all - assholes!!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | About JustUsBoys.com | Site Map | RSS | Webmasters | Advertise | Link to JUB | Report A Bug on this Page

Visit our sister sites: Broke Straight Boys | CollegeDudes.com | CollegeBoyPhysicals.com | RocketTube
All models appearing on JustUsBoys.com were over 18 at the time of photography. The records for sexually explicit images required by U.S. 2257 are kept by the
individual producers of the images. The location of the records is available by clicking the Custodian of Records link at the bottom of each gallery page.
© 2012 JustUsBoys.com. The JustUsBoys.com name and logo are registered trademarks. Labeled with ICRA and RTA. Member of ASACP and The Free Speech Coalition.