JustUsBoys.com gay porn forum

logo

remove these banner ads by becoming a JUB Supporter.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 123 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 100 of 165

Thread: Manning.

  1. #51
    Porn Star
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    443

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Manning.

    Quote Originally Posted by JayHawk View Post
    That guy will never be decorated for betraying the United States. That would be the same as pissing in the face of every veteran that ever existed. Wikileaks I hold less to blame. They are like the NY Times in that they are simply reporting. Only one human being made a decision that caused this and it wasn't Julian Assange.
    I didn't say by the U.S.....

    I don't personally hold Assange to blame, either. From what I'd read, it wasn't Assange that leaked the total package. Something about a miscommunication and someone getting hold of a password to file. Assange only cleared publication AFTER it was already out. I hold the organization responsible, but not Assange.

  2. #52
    JUB Addict hotatlboi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Atlanta
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    7,809

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Manning.

    Quote Originally Posted by mightbe View Post
    So, to an extent I agree with you. But I think the fall should come down on Wikileaks.
    Negative. This was another one of the scandals Obama is dealing with due to his classification of a Fox reporter as a "co-conspirator". The press is not supposed to be prosecuted for the leak of classified information, only the source who leaked it. If the press is not free to report what they hear, our society will become significantly less open (witness all the countries in the world where the state controls the media).

    I do agree that Wikileaks showed poor judgement in releasing all the documents, but they should not be prosecuted for doing so.
    Last edited by hotatlboi; June 8th, 2013 at 10:39 PM.

  3. #53
    Porn Star
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    443

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Manning.

    Ah, I've used a poor choice of words.

    Manning indiscriminately 'grabbed' a stack of files and sent them to Wikileaks. He didn't care what he sent, just that he sent something, expecting Wikileaks to sort and withhold the material (which they usually do with the utmost of care). Since Wikileaks ultimately failed to do so, I'd give them the blame, even though there can't be legal action. This rests on my *hope* that Manning didn't intend for it all to be published.

    The way I see it, Manning can (and most likely will) be legally prosecuted for accessing and passing unclassified and confidential info to an unauthorized location, but Wikileaks should be scrutinized for their mismanagement of info.

    I hope it doesn't lead to the end of Wikileaks, but they really need to set new security standards for themselves. Cablegate could've been prevented.

  4. #54
    Know thyself kallipolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Piraeus, Greece
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Partnered
    Posts
    11,140

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Manning.

    Quote Originally Posted by JayHawk View Post
    Bizarre conjecture??? the defense proceedings are public knowledge. What conjecture?
    Your interpretation of the facts is conjecture...your conjecture.

  5. #55
    Know thyself kallipolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Piraeus, Greece
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Partnered
    Posts
    11,140

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Manning.

    Quote Originally Posted by hotatlboi View Post

    Manning is a traitor and should rot.
    Your highly prejudicial opinion is duly noted.

  6. #56
    Know thyself kallipolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Piraeus, Greece
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Partnered
    Posts
    11,140

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Manning.

    From the time Richard Nixon's collaborators broke into the office of Daniel Ellsberg the tactic of the United States government has been to attack and demonise whistle blowers their means of distracting attention from their own exposed wrongdoings by attempting to destroy the credibility of the messenger (Manning) and failing to acknowledge the various serious flaws in the Army's and the State Department's communications networks still being hacked by the enemies of the United States.

    Manning did not act with any self-interest in mind for he did not request money, position or celebrity. The opposite is true. At great personal risk and sacrifice for one overarching reason Manning was able to inform his fellow Americans and the world what his government was/is doing in the shadows in order to create some form of accountability for the decisions made in the name of the United States.

    There have been periods in American history when political power was constrained when the politicians went far, too far and the system backlashed imposing restraints. That's what happened in the 1970s when the excesses of J Edgar Hoover and Richard Nixon became so extreme that the legitimacy of the United States political system depended upon it imposing restraints on itself....and a president resigned rather than face impeachment for his criminal actions.
    Last edited by kallipolis; June 9th, 2013 at 12:59 AM.

  7. #57
    Rambunctiously Pugnacious JayHawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    River Quay - KC
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    24,229

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Manning.

    Quote Originally Posted by kallipolis View Post
    Your interpretation of the facts is conjecture...your conjecture.
    No my interpretation of facts is fact. Manning had access, Manniong took things that do not belong to him, Manning did so to harm the organization he worked for...

    The FACT that the defense has argued every move on Manning's behalf and then now pretend he has been incarcerated unfairly while they are the reason things are delayed is food for idiots who don't understand how the military justice system works.
    Everyone can be great, because everyone can serve.
    ~ Martin Luther King, Jr.


  8. #58
    JUB Addict Lostlover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    United States
    Status
    Partnered
    Posts
    10,286

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Manning.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Springer View Post
    Manning is a traitor. Death penalty for him.

    Removal from duty and prison time for the idiots that made the secret classified documents so readily available.
    It's so sad and funny how Assange has just thrown Manning to the wolves.

    It's funny to how people like Michael Moorer, at first denied Mannings involvement, have switched their stories to detail the good Manning did.

    Manning's going to be in jail a lot longer than 3 years. Thankfully.
    "Rarely do we find men who willingly engage in hard solid thinking. There is an almost universal quest for easy answers and half-baked solutions. Nothing pains some people more than having to think.'' - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

  9. #59
    JUB Addict Lostlover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    United States
    Status
    Partnered
    Posts
    10,286

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Manning.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sausy View Post
    He gave out classified information without any regard for this country, but in a selfish pique of ego. He gave out EVERYTHING he got his slimy little pathetic hands on. He's no hero, and whether he is put to death or more likely, and deservedly, left to rot for the rest of his worthless days without any attention and any love shown his way(except for the pathetic leftists who will honor him for all his betrayals because America is completely without merit in their world view, who will be bored with him when a new hero to their cause eventually emerges...rinse, repeat)
    If there's one bonus to keeping Manning away from being executed, it is that he has many, many, many YEARS to live in jail and that in each and every one of those, years, days and hours, he has to be think about whether it was worth it to give sensitive information to a weirdo Australian.
    "Rarely do we find men who willingly engage in hard solid thinking. There is an almost universal quest for easy answers and half-baked solutions. Nothing pains some people more than having to think.'' - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

  10. #60
    JUB Addict Lostlover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    United States
    Status
    Partnered
    Posts
    10,286

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Manning.

    Quote Originally Posted by JayHawk View Post
    You really believe that... well if it makes you sleep nice at night. Do not confuse the (fmr) Sec Def pan handling for money with real information.

    Manning did not hack anything. The only thing he altered in the community was the extent of two person accountability and the restriction on data transfer... now officers control all data movement because scum like manning cannot be trusted. .
    These non-Americans are telling jokes again. Manning/Assange did us a favor. They showed us our vulnerabilities with systems protections (Nevermind that Assange nor Manning ever hacked anything).

    The truth is: they don't like to extradite criminals to the US. A British person with Asperbergers who hacked into our database actually did us a favor, according to these people And then they believed the bullshit that an adult with Asperbergers would kill himself if he had to face time in American jail (the guy was willing to be jailed over there though).

    Get out and talk to non-gay Brits and I guess non-gay Greeks. The responses are more normal.
    "Rarely do we find men who willingly engage in hard solid thinking. There is an almost universal quest for easy answers and half-baked solutions. Nothing pains some people more than having to think.'' - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

  11. #61
    JUB Addict hotatlboi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Atlanta
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    7,809

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Manning.

    Quote Originally Posted by kallipolis View Post
    From the time Richard Nixon's collaborators broke into the office of Daniel Ellsberg the tactic of the United States government has been to attack and demonise whistle blowers...
    This is where you erred. See my earlier post, Manning is not a whistleblower. A whistleblower is someone who turns over information related to some kind of wrongdoing. The vast majority of classified information Manning leaked does not fit that definition in any way.

  12. #62
    The Mother of Loki Laufey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Reykjavik, Iceland
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    1,749

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Manning.

    Any person willing to put their freedom and life in danger to expose the United State's government and military for what they really are... is a hero.

  13. #63
    mitchymo
    Guest

    Re: Manning.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lostlover View Post
    The truth is: they don't like to extradite criminals to the US.

    Get out and talk to non-gay Brits and I guess non-gay Greeks. The responses are more normal.
    You're quite right. Its far more preferable for a criminal to face jail in a nation that imposes a reasonable sentence for a crime.

    And as for the non-gay comment. The responses are not more normal, they MAY be more mainstream. I'm a little taken aback by the comment actually. Are you suggesting gay men maybe thinking too much like women?? Maybe we want to protect are men folk simply because they are men (who we might fancy)?? What on earth motivated such a comment?

  14. #64

    Re: Manning.

    Quote Originally Posted by Laufey View Post
    Any person willing to put their freedom and life in danger to expose the United State's government and military for what they really are... is a hero.
    He was pissed at the Army. Manning was upset at Army and their lack of acceptance about his cross-dressing and desire to become a woman.

    He used the stolen information to get back at the Army.

  15. #65
    The Mother of Loki Laufey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Reykjavik, Iceland
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    1,749

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Manning.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Springer View Post
    He was pissed at the Army. Manning was upset at Army and their lack of acceptance about his cross-dressing and desire to become a woman.

    He used the stolen information to get back at the Army.
    I don't know how reliable the source for that is but either way his motives don't change the result.

  16. #66
    Reunited
    medic1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Edinburgh Scotland
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Partnered
    Posts
    6,360
    Blog Entries
    12

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Manning.

    Quote Originally Posted by mitchymo View Post
    You're quite right. Its far more preferable for a criminal to face jail in a nation that imposes a reasonable sentence for a crime.

    And as for the non-gay comment. The responses are not more normal, they MAY be more mainstream. I'm a little taken aback by the comment actually. Are you suggesting gay men maybe thinking too much like women?? Maybe we want to protect are men folk simply because they are men (who we might fancy)?? What on earth motivated such a comment?
    ^And again i have to agree .
    What makes you think that such a post does anything GOOD for your argument ?
    Mitch held back , i had to go to another Thread for a while before i posted this , which is the 1st time ever as i normally just "batter" in .

    If i had this time i would more than likely be "taking a break" . Yes we all have our political views , it is just a shame that yours are so "squu-wifff".......................

  17. #67
    JUB Addict Lostlover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    United States
    Status
    Partnered
    Posts
    10,286

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Manning.

    Quote Originally Posted by mitchymo View Post
    You're quite right. Its far more preferable for a criminal to face jail in a nation that imposes a reasonable sentence for a crime.

    And as for the non-gay comment. The responses are not more normal, they MAY be more mainstream. I'm a little taken aback by the comment actually. Are you suggesting gay men maybe thinking too much like women?? Maybe we want to protect are men folk simply because they are men (who we might fancy)?? What on earth motivated such a comment?
    We've gone through this before: you can't commit crimes in another country, and, then, only after, complain about the harshness of that country's laws. Please tell the British people that if they want to commit crimes in America and not pay the time, tell them to do that crime in your country.

    If you want to kill someone, and live to tell about it, please do it in Europe. You probably will pay with your life if you kill someone here.

    No. No. The comments in this thread by non-Americans are not typical. I am on a professional, global networking message board and the British people writing in haven't taken to such cowardly responses. Call it what you want. It's just an observation I've noticed.
    Last edited by Lostlover; June 10th, 2013 at 08:48 AM.
    "Rarely do we find men who willingly engage in hard solid thinking. There is an almost universal quest for easy answers and half-baked solutions. Nothing pains some people more than having to think.'' - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

  18. #68
    JUB Addict Lostlover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    United States
    Status
    Partnered
    Posts
    10,286

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Manning.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Springer View Post
    He was pissed at the Army. Manning was upset at Army and their lack of acceptance about his cross-dressing and desire to become a woman.

    He used the stolen information to get back at the Army.
    LOL! He was mad at the army for that! Haha. Citation please!

    Hell hath no fury like a woman gay man scorned.
    "Rarely do we find men who willingly engage in hard solid thinking. There is an almost universal quest for easy answers and half-baked solutions. Nothing pains some people more than having to think.'' - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

  19. #69
    mitchymo
    Guest

    Re: Manning.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lostlover View Post
    We've gone through this before: you can't commit crimes in another country, and, then, only after, complain about the harshness of that country's laws. Please tell the British people that if they want to commit crimes in America and not pay the time, tell them to do that crime in your country.
    The internet is not a part of America. The crimes may be on US computer systems, but the attack takes place outside of US authority.


    No. No. The comments in this thread by non-Americans are not typical. I am on a professional, global networking message board and the British people writing in haven't taken to such cowardly responses. Call it what you want. It's just an observation I've noticed.
    Hmmm, so you take the response of brits on one forum, and use their typical response to discredit users of another forum?? That's hardly quantifying British attitude with precision now is it.

  20. #70
    Know thyself kallipolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Piraeus, Greece
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Partnered
    Posts
    11,140

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Manning.

    Quote Originally Posted by hotatlboi View Post
    This is where you erred. See my earlier post, Manning is not a whistleblower. A whistleblower is someone who turns over information related to some kind of wrongdoing. The vast majority of classified information Manning leaked does not fit that definition in any way.
    Manning is a whistle blower for he exposed the tragedy of the United States Army Apache helicopter crew gunning down innocent people in a Baghdad street with the accompanying sound track to add "realism" to the experience.

    Surely you could not have missed that event discussed at length on this forum and published by media outlets around the globe.

    Here's the video clip all the proof necessary to witness to Manning's heroic role as a whistle blower:


  21. #71
    JUB Addict Lostlover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    United States
    Status
    Partnered
    Posts
    10,286

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Manning.

    Quote Originally Posted by mitchymo View Post
    The internet is not a part of America. The crimes may be on US computer systems, but the attack takes place outside of US authority.
    Bullshit. Manning passed off classified information when he was in the UK? Is that what you're saying? Gotta be shitting yourself...

    Possession of stolen property is a crime, even in the UK and Australia. But, I guess, if that stolen property is from America, it isn't a crime?

    And for all the bitching, I'd like to remind you that the UK is most likely assisting the US government. Why aren't you up in arms about that? Are you going to do something about it?



    Hmmm, so you take the response of brits on one forum, and use their typical response to discredit users of another forum?? That's hardly quantifying British attitude with precision now is it.
    I'm putting the two responses together and noticed that non-gay British people seem to be more sensible about this. Just an observation. Not a one has advocated for ignoring another country's laws. Men generally like to see laws executed. Women, though, are more "understanding." Do we have any criminology majors here to back this up?
    "Rarely do we find men who willingly engage in hard solid thinking. There is an almost universal quest for easy answers and half-baked solutions. Nothing pains some people more than having to think.'' - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

  22. #72
    Know thyself kallipolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Piraeus, Greece
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Partnered
    Posts
    11,140

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Manning.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Springer View Post
    He was pissed at the Army. Manning was upset at Army and their lack of acceptance about his cross-dressing and desire to become a woman.

    He used the stolen information to get back at the Army.
    Demonise the messenger. Standard procedure.

    Does the United States Army employ cross dressers and post them to the front line in Iraq sharing tents with other American soldiers in desert conditions? Unlikely. I rather believe that Josef Goebbels was responsible for this form of ridicule of those who damaged Nazi morale.

  23. #73
    JUB Addict Lostlover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    United States
    Status
    Partnered
    Posts
    10,286

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Manning.

    Quote Originally Posted by mitchymo View Post
    What on earth motivated such a comment?
    You keep making outrageous assumptions, expectations and statements. You can't bitch and moan about someone breaking laws in another country and expect them to not be held accountable because you disagree with the rules. The world doesn't work like this. If you don't like another country's rules don't go there. Don't shelter criminals, which is what you're doing by coming in here, repeatedly, to provide cover for narcissists with Messiah Complexes who believe they're doing the world (read: their egos) a favor by exposing some secret.

    No British person on that forum has advocated for ignoring another country's laws. Your belief system seems to be the exception.
    Last edited by Lostlover; June 10th, 2013 at 10:56 AM.
    "Rarely do we find men who willingly engage in hard solid thinking. There is an almost universal quest for easy answers and half-baked solutions. Nothing pains some people more than having to think.'' - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

  24. #74
    mitchymo
    Guest

    Re: Manning.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lostlover View Post
    Bullshit. Manning passed off classified information when he was in the UK? Is that what you're saying? Gotta be shitting yourself...
    Wait just a second. We were talking about BRITISH hackers getting away with their crime (since you did bring up the Aspergers bloke). I've said nothing about Manning in relation to cybercrime.

    Possession of stolen property is a crime, even in the UK and Australia. But, I guess, if that stolen property is from America, it isn't a crime?
    Erm, no, that is not what i was getting at. My point was that a crime carried out online, should be dealt with by the government of the national involved in committing the crime. So if a non-american hacks US computers and steals things, he should be prosecuted for the crime in the UK if he is British, France if french etc. Would you be happy to send US hackers to Iran, if they were found to have hacked Iranian government computers? After all, it doesn't matter what their punishment may be, you've just gotta respect that country and its laws right?

    And for all the bitching, I'd like to remind you that the UK is most likely assisting the US government. Why aren't you up in arms about that? Are you going to do something about it?
    What bitching are you talking about. It hasn't been me who has said anything about Manning doing the US a favour by hacking which he didn't. All i've said about Manning, is that the reaction of some of the opposing view, i.e. that he should have the book thrown at him, is ridiculously out of proportion. Calling for the death penalty as some have is pathetic. The crime should be treated based on facts, NOT on a case built up to look like Manning was essentially a spy who was trying to put America at risk. This has only served to get America's 'patriots' frothing at the mouth.
    The facts are, he stole sensitive US data, he has committed a crime of grand theft if you like. He has also betrayed the US military and by association, the US people. He gave the information he stole to a whistleblowing website, not a recognised enemy of the US. The outcome was a huge embarassment for the US government (and a few other governments besides). He deserves to be sentenced to a prison term for sure. But he does not deserve death, he does not even deserve a life sentence. 10yrs absolute tops.




    I'm putting the two responses together and noticed that non-gay British people seem to be more sensible about this. Just an observation. Not a one has advocated for ignoring another country's laws. Men generally like to see laws executed. Women, though, are more "understanding." Do we have any criminology majors here to back this up?
    I don't see anyone here who is advocating to ignore other country's laws. There is simply a disagreement about the potential punishment for the crime. Anyone to the left saying he should go free are as far off the ground as those to the right, calling for the death penalty.

  25. #75
    mitchymo
    Guest

    Re: Manning.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lostlover View Post
    No British person on that forum has advocated for ignoring another country's laws. Your belief system seems to be the exception.
    I'll await for all the evidence you wish to place before me, quoting where relevant, everything i've supposedly said that can cooberate your analysis of my position.

    You're talking to me, but thinking of plenty others besides.

  26. #76

    Re: Manning.

    I cannot agree that someone committing a crime online should be dealt with only by his own country. That country may have no interest in doing so. The country where the damage is realized also has that right. If someone in another counrtry uses the Internet to hijack info from a computer in the US, we have the right to prosecute him. Whether his home country will surrender him depends on the extradition treaty in effect, if any. We would not trust Iran to prosecute in either case, their citizen or ours.

  27. #77

    Re: Manning.

    Quote Originally Posted by kallipolis View Post
    Demonise the messenger. Standard procedure.

    Does the United States Army employ cross dressers and post them to the front line in Iraq sharing tents with other American soldiers in desert conditions? Unlikely. I rather believe that Josef Goebbels was responsible for this form of ridicule of those who damaged Nazi morale.
    huh?


  28. #78
    Rambunctiously Pugnacious JayHawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    River Quay - KC
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    24,229

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Manning.

    The best thing is now that Snowden actually did perform a release of secrets that is what whistle-blowing looks like ... manning looks ever more criminal.
    Everyone can be great, because everyone can serve.
    ~ Martin Luther King, Jr.


  29. #79
    JUB Addict hotatlboi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Atlanta
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    7,809

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Manning.

    Quote Originally Posted by kallipolis View Post
    Manning is a whistle blower for he exposed the tragedy of the United States Army Apache helicopter crew gunning down innocent people in a Baghdad street with the accompanying sound track to add "realism" to the experience.
    Note that I said "the vast majority" of what he released.

    If he had just released that video and claimed he did it to expose that act, THEN you could make the argument that he was a whistleblower.

    But that's not what he did. He turned over hundreds of thousands of pages of classified documents and communiques most of which were not attributable to any specific injustice he was alleging.

  30. #80
    Last edited by newbored; July 11th, 2013 at 01:06 AM.

  31. #81
    Rambunctiously Pugnacious JayHawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    River Quay - KC
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    24,229

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Manning.

    Ahhh it is so cute... have you found the search function where all this bullshit has been hashed, rehashed, overhashed, underhashed.... well you get the idea...

    Welcome though... I always get a kick out of the nothing is illegal crowd.
    Everyone can be great, because everyone can serve.
    ~ Martin Luther King, Jr.


  32. #82
    Thankfully Liberal & Gay
    frankfrank's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Illinois (Agent Provocateur and Refujiunderground you can do it)
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    15,304
    Blog Entries
    5

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Manning.

    Quote Originally Posted by maxpowr9 View Post
    Not American history. We Americans love our justice to be finite. Why do you think we still have capital punishment?
    Considering the structure of American education, American history will be whatever the Texas authors of textbooks deem it to be, for better or worse.
    "All legal U. S. residents who are 18 years or older, shall have an unconditional right to vote." - 28th Amendment, US Constitution?
    "But, hey, who cares about women and their rights when the religious liberty of a nationwide chain of arts and crafts stores is at stake?" - Daily Kos, 30 June 2014
    "I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do, because I notice it always coincides with their own desires" - Susan B. Anthony

  33. #83

    Re: Manning.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Springer View Post
    Lol! Besides that the link has nothing to do with wussification of any sort let me explain the UCMJ to you since you clearly have never worn a uniform in your life.

    The military does NOT have the same free-speech rights as the general population. When you're serving you are not allowed to speak out against the President in any manner. This is done to prevent the military from getting any crazy ideas and overthrowing the President.

    I'm sure your next post will be about how horrible this policy is and they have no right to do it, but they've been kicking people out over it forever. They did it under Clinton, they did it under Bush, and now they're doing it under Obama. If anything Mst Sgt Sommers should be thankful that they're letting him off with a warning instead of kicking him out.

    Now, I'm gonna read the posts that came after this and see if they're isn't anything else I'd like to reply to.

  34. #84

  35. #85
    Rambunctiously Pugnacious JayHawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    River Quay - KC
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    24,229

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Manning.

    Quote Originally Posted by Vitamin View Post
    Lol! Besides that the link has nothing to do with wussification of any sort let me explain the UCMJ to you since you clearly have never worn a uniform in your life.

    The military does NOT have the same free-speech rights as the general population. When you're serving you are not allowed to speak out against the President in any manner. This is done to prevent the military from getting any crazy ideas and overthrowing the President.

    I'm sure your next post will be about how horrible this policy is and they have no right to do it, but they've been kicking people out over it forever. They did it under Clinton, they did it under Bush, and now they're doing it under Obama. If anything Mst Sgt Sommers should be thankful that they're letting him off with a warning instead of kicking him out.

    Now, I'm gonna read the posts that came after this and see if they're isn't anything else I'd like to reply to.
    Bravo, finally someone else to say it as well. The military voluntarily gives up parts of their liberty to secure the liberty of people to stupid to understand even that basic fact.

    For the record, Manning took an oath and then stole from his employer, his government, his country and he did so to hurt his country because he didn't like what he was doing. He is a traitor and I would gleefully pull the trigger if they asked me to be on his firing squad.
    Everyone can be great, because everyone can serve.
    ~ Martin Luther King, Jr.


  36. #86
    Impish and Mercurial Rolyo85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Boystown, Chicago
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    8,679

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Manning.

    Quote Originally Posted by JayHawk View Post
    He is a traitor and I would gleefully pull the trigger if they asked me to be on his firing squad.
    Aaaaaaaaand then you went a mile too far...
    That we are capable only of being what we are, remains our unforgivable sin.
    - Gene Wolfe

  37. #87
    Rambunctiously Pugnacious JayHawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    River Quay - KC
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    24,229

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Manning.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rolyo85 View Post
    Aaaaaaaaand then you went a mile too far...
    Nope not hardly.

    Not far enough.
    Everyone can be great, because everyone can serve.
    ~ Martin Luther King, Jr.


  38. #88
    Impish and Mercurial Rolyo85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Boystown, Chicago
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    8,679

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Manning.

    No, you really did. Your powers are to help the innocent, not to punish the guilty
    That we are capable only of being what we are, remains our unforgivable sin.
    - Gene Wolfe

  39. #89

    Re: Manning.

    European Parliamentarians call on President Obama to free Bradley Manning

    http://www.bradleymanning.org/featur...radley-manning

    [...]PFC Manning faces the possibility of life in prison without parole, recently rejected as “inhuman and degrading treatment” by the European Court of Human Rights.[...]
    [...]Army prosecutors closed their arguments in the case without having provided any real evidence that Bradley Manning aided the enemy, or that he intended to do so. In his defense against those charges to which he pleaded not guilty, PFC Manning was not permitted to bring any evidence of motivation. [...]
    [...]Amnesty International said that this was ‘disturbing…as he has said he reasonably believed he was exposing human rights and humanitarian law violations. Moreover, the prosecution provided no evidence that PFC Manning caused harm to U.S. national security or to US and NATO troops.[...]
    [...]“We’ve now seen the evidence presented by both sides, and it’s abundantly clear that the charge of ‘aiding the enemy’ has no basis,” said Widney Brown, Senior Director for International Law and Policy at Amnesty International. [...]
    Signed,

    Marisa Matias, Member of the European Parliament, Portugal
    Christian Engström, Member of the European Parliament, Sweden
    Ana Maria Gomes, Member of the European Parliament, Portugal

    Gabi Zimmer, Member of the European Parliament, Germany
    Paul Murphy, Member of the European Parliament, Ireland

    Sabine Wils, Member of the European Parliament, Germany

    Jacky Henin, Member of the European Parliament, France
    Alda Sousa, Member of the European Parliament, Portugal
    Martina Anderson, Member of the European Parliament, Ireland
    Nikola Vuljanić, Member of the European Parliament, Kroatia
    Sabine Lösing, Member of the European Parliament, Germany
    Lothar Bisky, Member of the European Parliament, Germany
    Helmut Scholz, Member of the European Parliament, Germany

    Willy Meyer, Member of the European Parliament, Spain

    Mikael Gustafsson, Member of the European Parliament, Sweden

    Marie-Christine Vergiat, Member of the European Parliament, France

    Patrick Le Hyaric, Member of the European Parliament, France.


    I guess Nobel Peace Prize Winner Barack Hussein Obama is only interested in the "human and civil rights" of those who can give him and his political party votes... lol.
    Last edited by newbored; July 31st, 2013 at 02:48 AM.

  40. #90
    Sex God tigerfan482's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Columbia
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    862

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Manning.

    Quote Originally Posted by newbored View Post
    European Parliamentarians call on President Obama to free Bradley Manning

    http://www.bradleymanning.org/featur...radley-manning

    Signed,

    Marisa Matias, Member of the European Parliament, Portugal
    Christian Engström, Member of the European Parliament, Sweden
    Ana Maria Gomes, Member of the European Parliament, Portugal

    Gabi Zimmer, Member of the European Parliament, Germany
    Paul Murphy, Member of the European Parliament, Ireland

    Sabine Wils, Member of the European Parliament, Germany

    Jacky Henin, Member of the European Parliament, France
    Alda Sousa, Member of the European Parliament, Portugal
    Martina Anderson, Member of the European Parliament, Ireland
    Nikola Vuljanić, Member of the European Parliament, Kroatia
    Sabine Lösing, Member of the European Parliament, Germany
    Lothar Bisky, Member of the European Parliament, Germany
    Helmut Scholz, Member of the European Parliament, Germany

    Willy Meyer, Member of the European Parliament, Spain

    Mikael Gustafsson, Member of the European Parliament, Sweden

    Marie-Christine Vergiat, Member of the European Parliament, France

    Patrick Le Hyaric, Member of the European Parliament, France.


    I guess Nobel Peace Prize Winner Barack Hussein Obama is only interested in the "human and civil rights" of those who can give him and his political party votes... lol.
    You're a day late and a dollar short. That petition was obviously sent before he was found not guilty of the aiding the enemy charge, which is what they were railing against anyways. Besides, I'm sure the US just threw that in the trash anyway, considering the European Parliament has 766 members and only 17 of them signed this (less than 0.02%). That would be the same as 11 representatives and senators from Congress writing in a petition to arrest all homosexuals and expecting Obama to give a shit about it.

    And again, having a trial and consequences for breaking the law isn't human rights violations just because you don't agree with it.

  41. #91

    Re: Manning.

    Amnesty International: Bradley Manning case shows that US government's priorities are 'upside down'

    https://www.amnesty.org.uk/news_deta...p?NewsID=20904

    [...]Amnesty International’s Senior Director of International Law and Policy Widney Brown said:

    “The government’s priorities are upside down. The US government has refused to investigate credible allegations of torture and other crimes under international law despite overwhelming evidence.
    “Yet they decided to prosecute Manning who it seems was trying to do the right thing - reveal credible evidence of unlawful behaviour by the government. You investigate and prosecute those who destroy the credibility of the government by engaging in acts such as torture which are prohibited under the US Constitution and in international law.[...]
    [...]“Since the attacks of September 11, we have seen the US government use the issue of national security to defend a whole range of actions that are unlawful under international and domestic law.[...]
    “It’s hard not to draw the conclusion that Manning's trial was about sending a message: the US government will come after you, no holds barred, if you're thinking of revealing evidence of its unlawful behaviour.”[...]
    Again, it seems Nobel Peace Prize Winner Barack Hussein Obama is only interested in the "human and civil rights" of those who can give him and his party votes.
    Last edited by newbored; July 31st, 2013 at 05:49 PM.

  42. #92

    Re: Manning.

    American Civil Liberties Union Comment on Bradley Manning Verdict

    http://www.aclu.org/free-speech/aclu...anning-verdict

    [...]"Since he already pleaded guilty to charges of leaking information – which carry significant punishment – it seems clear that the government was seeking to intimidate anyone who might consider revealing valuable information in the future."
    Ben Wizner, director of the ACLU's Speech, Privacy and Technology Project.

  43. #93

    Re: Manning.

    Reaction to WikiLeaks: no sources killed due to war log releases: trial report, day 24

    http://www.bradleymanning.org/news/r...-report-day-24

    Retired Brigadier General Robert Carr, the first witness in the sentencing phase of PFC Bradley Manning’s court martial at Ft. Meade, MD, testified that no individuals in Iraq or Afghanistan were killed as a result of WikiLeaks’ releasing the Afghan War Diary and Iraq War
    Carr led the Information Review Task Force (IRTF), a coalition of Department of Defense, Office of the Director of National Intelligence, and Defense Intelligence Agency officials established just days after the release of the Afghan war files in late July 2010.[...]
    Last edited by newbored; July 31st, 2013 at 05:59 PM.

  44. #94
    Sex God tigerfan482's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Columbia
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    862

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Manning.

    Quote Originally Posted by newbored View Post
    Amnesty International: Bradley Manning case shows that US government's priorities are 'upside down'

    https://www.amnesty.org.uk/news_deta...p?NewsID=20904

    Again, it seems Nobel Peace Prize Winner Barack Hussein Obama is only interested in the "human and civil rights" of those who can give him and his party votes.
    Heavy on fluff, very light on details. In fact, I didn't see one fact in the article or your response to it.

  45. #95
    Sex God tigerfan482's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Columbia
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    862

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Manning.

    Quote Originally Posted by newbored View Post
    American Civil Liberties Union Comment on Bradley Manning Verdict

    http://www.aclu.org/free-speech/aclu...anning-verdict

    Ben Wizner, director of the ACLU's Speech, Privacy and Technology Project.
    Well there is a professional opinion if I've ever heard one. And you know what, good for the government. They need to show people who swear to follow the law and protect information trusted to them that it's not ok to break that oath just because you feel something is wrong. Manning, like Snowden, had many legal avenues to pursue. He chose not to and is going to face the consequences. Cowards do something then try to run away from the results those actions bring.

  46. #96
    Sex God tigerfan482's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Columbia
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    862

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Manning.

    Quote Originally Posted by newbored View Post
    Reaction to WikiLeaks: no sources killed due to war log releases: trial report, day 24

    http://www.bradleymanning.org/news/r...-report-day-24
    Well that's good news. He won't be sentenced to death now. But he's still guilty of breaking the law and there are still punishments. You don't get a "get out of jail free" card just because no one died as a result of your illegal activities.

  47. #97
    JUB Addict T-Rexx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    4,665

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Manning.

    Manning has been sentenced to 35 years in prison.

    http://www.pcworld.com/article/20471...ent-leaks.html

  48. #98

    Re: Manning.

    Quote Originally Posted by T-Rexx View Post
    Manning has been sentenced to 35 years in prison.

    http://www.pcworld.com/article/20471...ent-leaks.html
    Manning heading to prison for exposing torture while those who authorized torture go free.

    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...n_3789867.html

    Make room for Bush, Cheney and Rumsfeld.

  49. #99
    ecce homo rareboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Partnered
    Posts
    32,739

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Manning.

    Well we can't be surprised.

  50. #100

    Re: Manning.

    ... if Manning were out and about Obama would have taken him out with a drone attack. No 35 years in prison, poof!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | About JustUsBoys.com | Site Map | RSS | Webmasters | Advertise | Link to JUB | Report A Bug on this Page

Visit our sister sites: Broke Straight Boys | CollegeDudes.com | CollegeBoyPhysicals.com | RocketTube
All models appearing on JustUsBoys.com were over 18 at the time of photography. The records for sexually explicit images required by U.S. 2257 are kept by the
individual producers of the images. The location of the records is available by clicking the Custodian of Records link at the bottom of each gallery page.
© 2012 JustUsBoys.com. The JustUsBoys.com name and logo are registered trademarks. Labeled with ICRA and RTA. Member of ASACP and The Free Speech Coalition.