JustUsBoys.com gay porn forum

logo

remove these banner ads by becoming a JUB Supporter.

View Poll Results: ObamaCare, yes or no?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Fuck Obama and his socialist schemes!

    6 46.15%
  • I will sign up...quietly.

    7 53.85%
Page 1 of 3 12 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 50 of 104
  1. #1
    Active bendted's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    1,123

    Code of Conduct

    Is anyone here w/out ins. going to reject "ObamaCare"?

    I have a question for the tough talkers on here who are adamant in their opposition to "ObamaCare". When the Patient Protection and the Affordable Care Act comes to full effect, and if you have no health insurance, will you sign on for it or, out of principle, reject it and forgo health insurance?

    Anonymous poll, so please be honest.
    If you could just put a light bulb over every gay personís head, people would see just how well-lit their streets and cities are.
    -Alexey Odintsov

  2. #2
    JUB Addict jensu846's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    2,585

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Is anyone here w/out ins. going to reject "ObamaCare"?

    if I have no job right now and no insurance now. how do they expect me to pay for it? just curious. I cant get a job for personal reasons. I don't know how this Obamacare works much. is there an option to not get coverage? or do you go to jail if you cant buy it?

  3. #3

    Re: Is anyone here w/out ins. going to reject "ObamaCare"?

    You pay a penalty (or tax) if you do not sign up for it. However, if your income level is below a certain point you are exempt.

  4. #4

    Re: Is anyone here w/out ins. going to reject "ObamaCare"?

    If your income level is low, the tax payers will pay all or a portion of the premium. Another great reason for people to continue to live on welfare rather than working.

  5. #5
    JUB Addict andysayshi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Sydney
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Available
    Posts
    4,294

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Is anyone here w/out ins. going to reject "ObamaCare"?

    Sure, Benvolio. Sick people are great value to the workforce.

  6. #6

    Re: Is anyone here w/out ins. going to reject "ObamaCare"?

    Great question. For those of you who hate "Obamacare" and fell for all the propaganda the right wingers spew about it, then don't accept it. If you have a pre-existing condition then tell them you don't want to be covered. Go and wait in the emergency room to see a doctor. Refuse preventative care. If you don't have kids of your own insist your nieces and nephews get kicked off their parents health care plans when they're 18.

    Go for it.
    Last edited by CowboyBob; June 3rd, 2013 at 01:50 PM.

  7. #7
    Rambunctiously Pugnacious JayHawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    River Quay - KC
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    24,238

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Is anyone here w/out ins. going to reject "ObamaCare"?

    Why not an option for wholeheartedly jumping on the no more pain train?

    My ex is a great example of WHY the ACA has good parts. It has bad parts for sure but my Ex has gone bankrupt twice because insurance providers simply boot him when it gets expensive -- or they used to do that. He would have been much more productive for the last 12 years of working life IF he wasn't hindered by having to be damn near catatonic before a emergency room would do anything worthwhile.
    Everyone can be great, because everyone can serve.
    ~ Martin Luther King, Jr.


  8. #8
    Slut vater292's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    202

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Is anyone here w/out ins. going to reject "ObamaCare"?

    Quote Originally Posted by scream4ever View Post
    You pay a penalty (or tax) if you do not sign up for it. However, if your income level is below a certain point you are exempt.
    I haven't paid much attention to it because well I just haven't. But based on this, so if I keep my insurance thru my company do I have to pay this penalty?

    If yes how does that make any sense? I have to pay my premiums for the insurance I want plus I still have to pay for something I am opting out of. Either way even if you opt out of taking the government insurance why would you have to pay the government to not want to use their insurance?

  9. #9
    JUB Addict T-Rexx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    4,784

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Is anyone here w/out ins. going to reject "ObamaCare"?

    I will have to incur the penalty, as I cannot afford to purchase private health insurance on my own.

  10. #10

    Re: Is anyone here w/out ins. going to reject "ObamaCare"?

    Frankly, we don't know what they law is going to be -- it's still a mystery.

    When will information be given to us?

    How much will it cost?

    I'm not talking about information coming from bloggers or editorial writers -- I'm talking about information coming from the government.
    Last edited by Jack Springer; June 3rd, 2013 at 06:38 PM.

  11. #11

    Re: Is anyone here w/out ins. going to reject "ObamaCare"?

    Quote Originally Posted by scream4ever View Post
    You pay a penalty (or tax) if you do not sign up for it. However, if your income level is below a certain point you are exempt.
    How do you know that?

  12. #12

    Re: Is anyone here w/out ins. going to reject "ObamaCare"?

    A logical response would depend on the circumstances. When I was young I was 40 before I needed a doctor ( after childhood diseases), and I was in my 50s before I had a hernia operation which cost more than the premiums I paid for the year. Under those circumstances, a logical decision would be to pay the penalty rather than buy the insurance. I would know that if I did get seriously ill, I could then buy insurance. I have no doubt that many young people, if they file tax returns, will pay the penalty. If they do not file a return, then they can avoid paying the penalty.
    Anyone with health problems, of course, should buy insurance, with government subsidy, if possible. No one receiving Social Secirity will be able to avoid buying insurance.
    Last edited by Benvolio; June 3rd, 2013 at 06:41 PM.

  13. #13
    JUB Addict T-Rexx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    4,784

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Is anyone here w/out ins. going to reject "ObamaCare"?

    Quote Originally Posted by vater292 View Post
    if I keep my insurance thru my company do I have to pay this penalty?
    No. You have purchased insurance through a plan offered by your employer. The penalty is for poor people, who do not have coverage through their jobs, and cannot afford to purchase private health insurance (which is actually quite expensive) on their own.

    If you refused your company's plan and also refused to purchase alternative private insurance on your own, then you would be subject to the penalty.


    Quote Originally Posted by vater292 View Post
    if you opt out of taking the government insurance why would you have to pay the government to not want to use their insurance?
    There is no "government insurance" under Obamacare. It is a law that requires people to purchase private health insurance.
    Last edited by T-Rexx; June 3rd, 2013 at 07:04 PM.

  14. #14
    Thankfully Liberal & Gay
    frankfrank's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Illinois (Agent Provocateur and Refujiunderground you can do it)
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    15,463
    Blog Entries
    5

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Is anyone here w/out ins. going to reject "ObamaCare"?

    Quote Originally Posted by JayHawk View Post
    my Ex has gone bankrupt twice because insurance providers simply boot him when it gets expensive -- or they used to do that.
    One of the talking points I've seen from the Right, is that insurance companies NEVER do that to anybody. I've known otherwise for years. When I had a cancerous kidney removed in 2003, I feared rescission MUCH MORE than I actually feared the cancer, because I realized under those circumstances I could forfeit my entire estate just trying to stay alive.

    I guess that's why the "conspiracy theory/cynicism" in me says that is why it took them SIX MONTHS to pay what they did pay. They wanted to wait and see if I would start to have claims for horribly expensive stuff such as additional surgery, radiation, chemotherapy. (None of that was necessary.) Then I feel they would have indeed said something like "Awwwww...so sorry to see you have cancer. WE ARE CANCELING YOUR ASS!!!!!!!"

    More then ordinary hearsay, JayHawk's experience was right in front of him, as it happened.

    My insurance company, over the years, made TONS of money off me, even after paying nearly one-half of the costs of the surgery, never paying for clinic visits all the years I had the insurance, and never paying for outpatient prescriptions. Also, paying nothing or almost nothing toward any routine tests. Yes, a total piece of shit insurance policy, which I was stuck in since 2003 because of pre-existing conditions.

    I waited rather unconscionably long for my Medicare to kick in, definitely longer than I should have gone without some of the testing and such. Thankfully I didn't pay for it with my life (or reduction of my lifespan) as my friend in Las Vegas did while he waited for Obamacare to make him eligible for insurance (last summer, but TOO LATE).

    Quote Originally Posted by vater292 View Post
    I haven't paid much attention to it because well I just haven't. But based on this, so if I keep my insurance thru my company do I have to pay this penalty?
    Uhhh...I don't THINK so. I think Obamacare only mandates being insured. That would mean that you are covered already. Somebody may be able to add to or correct this, as my opinion is somewhat uninformed.
    "All legal U. S. residents who are 18 years or older, shall have an unconditional right to vote." - We need a 28th Amendment to the U. S. Constitution which resembles this...NOW!

    VOTING: Just remember: "Be careful of what you DON'T wish for. You might just get it." GET OUT AND VOTE for what you DO wish for.

    "I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do, because I notice it always coincides with their own desires" - Susan B. Anthony

  15. #15
    PerScientiam AdJustitiam bankside's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Beware the deepity.
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Married (to a man)
    Posts
    16,585
    Blog Entries
    2

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Is anyone here w/out ins. going to reject "ObamaCare"?

    I don't personally know anyone without insurance, because everyone has it in normal countries.
    Americans need to keep their guns so they can protect themselves from gun violence just like Nancy Lanza did. And like Chris Kyle did. And like Gabby Giffords did. And like Tom Clements did. And like Michael Piemonte. And Joseph Wilcox.

  16. #16
    Slut vater292's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    202

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Is anyone here w/out ins. going to reject "ObamaCare"?

    Okay thanks for clarifying. Like I said I haven't really followed it. I just saw that and it made no sense to me.

  17. #17
    boom boom chaos maker crimsonpaine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Maryland
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Posts
    5,679
    Blog Entries
    8

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Is anyone here w/out ins. going to reject "ObamaCare"?

    an article I was reading, based on IRS figures a family of 5, the cheapest plan would cost 20,000 a year, while the penalty for not having would only be 2,400. I can see why they are saying 2/3 may not be insured.

    Right now, I am looking at paying out of pocket for my insurance 4,677 for 2013


    http://cnsnews.com/news/article/irs-...e-20000-family
    http://www.cnbc.com/id/100783056
    I may be bad, but I'm perfectly good at it.



  18. #18
    Thankfully Liberal & Gay
    frankfrank's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Illinois (Agent Provocateur and Refujiunderground you can do it)
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    15,463
    Blog Entries
    5

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Is anyone here w/out ins. going to reject "ObamaCare"?

    ^ My piece-of-shit policy (before successfully reaching Medicare) was more than one and a half times that much.
    "All legal U. S. residents who are 18 years or older, shall have an unconditional right to vote." - We need a 28th Amendment to the U. S. Constitution which resembles this...NOW!

    VOTING: Just remember: "Be careful of what you DON'T wish for. You might just get it." GET OUT AND VOTE for what you DO wish for.

    "I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do, because I notice it always coincides with their own desires" - Susan B. Anthony

  19. #19
    Thankfully Liberal & Gay
    frankfrank's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Illinois (Agent Provocateur and Refujiunderground you can do it)
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    15,463
    Blog Entries
    5

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Is anyone here w/out ins. going to reject "ObamaCare"?

    My politically-batshit-crazy friend I mentioned before (who calls himself an "anarcho-Libertarian", perhaps the scariest of all political persuasions), is so nuts that he will refuse to sign on to the Social Security that he paid into most of his life, even though he is living below the poverty level. How crazy can you get???????

    His life was saved in 2005, only because of the federal law requiring hospitals to treat acute illnesses, injuries, or threats. But he thinks there should be absolutely NO GOVERNMENT or regulations at all.
    "All legal U. S. residents who are 18 years or older, shall have an unconditional right to vote." - We need a 28th Amendment to the U. S. Constitution which resembles this...NOW!

    VOTING: Just remember: "Be careful of what you DON'T wish for. You might just get it." GET OUT AND VOTE for what you DO wish for.

    "I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do, because I notice it always coincides with their own desires" - Susan B. Anthony

  20. #20
    Active bendted's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    1,123

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Is anyone here w/out ins. going to reject "ObamaCare"?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Springer View Post
    Frankly, we don't know what they law is going to be -- it's still a mystery.

    When will information be given to us?

    How much will it cost?

    I'm not talking about information coming from bloggers or editorial writers -- I'm talking about information coming from the government.
    Are you serious with this question? Plenty of info, str8 from the big bad gubbermint, per your request.

    http://www.obamacarefacts.com/
    If you could just put a light bulb over every gay personís head, people would see just how well-lit their streets and cities are.
    -Alexey Odintsov

  21. #21
    Porn Star Zu-Mendel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Tampa
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    473

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Is anyone here w/out ins. going to reject "ObamaCare"?

    Quote Originally Posted by bendted View Post
    Are you serious with this question? Plenty of info, str8 from the big bad gubbermint, per your request.

    http://www.obamacarefacts.com/
    You don't honestly believe he will accept anything from the government as fact, do you?
    If you can't be part of the solution, there is plenty of money to be made being a part of the problem.

  22. #22

    Re: Is anyone here w/out ins. going to reject "ObamaCare"?

    No one knows what the cost will be. The insurance companies must start paying the bills of the sick who have no insurance-- the preexisting illnesses. Then, they must raise premiums on their other insurers to recoup those losses plus the allowed profit, and, the premiums must be enough to anticipate medical cost in the coming year.

  23. #23

    Re: Is anyone here w/out ins. going to reject "ObamaCare"?

    Quote Originally Posted by bendted View Post
    Are you serious with this question? Plenty of info, str8 from the big bad gubbermint, per your request.

    http://www.obamacarefacts.com/
    No, I want to hear from the federal government .. not a spin web site.

  24. #24
    Virtus in medio stat JUB Admin opinterph's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Jawja
    Status
    Partnered
    Posts
    21,607
    Blog Entries
    14

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Is anyone here w/out ins. going to reject "ObamaCare"?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Springer View Post
    No, I want to hear from the federal government ..
    http://www.healthcare.gov/law/

    A federal government website managed by the U.S. Department of Health & Human Services

  25. #25

    Re: Is anyone here w/out ins. going to reject "ObamaCare"?

    ^^

    Thanks, but still very confusing. They need someone in marketing to put it into simple English.

  26. #26

    Re: Is anyone here w/out ins. going to reject "ObamaCare"?

    Quote Originally Posted by Benvolio View Post
    No one knows what the cost will be. The insurance companies must start paying the bills of the sick who have no insurance-- the preexisting illnesses. Then, they must raise premiums on their other insurers to recoup those losses plus the allowed profit, and, the premiums must be enough to anticipate medical cost in the coming year.
    All the more reason why we need a National Health Service, which has been proposed before but shot down by the insurance companies aided by right wing republicans.

  27. #27

    Re: Is anyone here w/out ins. going to reject "ObamaCare"?

    Quote Originally Posted by CowboyBob View Post
    All the more reason why we need a National Health Service, which has been proposed before but shot down by the insurance companies aided by right wing republicans.
    With a trillion dollar deficit now, we would have to borrow the entire cost of socialized medicine from the Chinese.

  28. #28
    JUB Addict
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    London
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    1,348

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Is anyone here w/out ins. going to reject "ObamaCare"?

    I and my partner have dual citizenship we are now also UK. Citizens. Income Tax here for the average earner is 22%. My partner earns much more. I have never worked here as I retired young in the States. Both he and I have totally free health insurance. The only thing we pay for is prescriptions. about $10 per prescription. Even if the prescription actually cost $100 a month it is $10. The only two countries on earth that have no form of health insurance like England is The U.S. and South Africa. Being a veteran of the U.S. Army I would not be totally covered either. But what the U.S. has enough money for is the defence budget. The Iraq war which was totally wrong cost so much it would have covered free or nearly free medical for all Americans for years. Sad!

  29. #29
    Know thyself kallipolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Piraeus, Greece
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Partnered
    Posts
    11,461

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Is anyone here w/out ins. going to reject "ObamaCare"?

    Quote Originally Posted by Benvolio View Post
    With a trillion dollar deficit now, we would have to borrow the entire cost of socialized medicine from the Chinese.
    Why?

    Most countries operating a national health service ensure that the cost of such a service is met by monthly contributions of the working person. Here in Greece each working person contributes to a national insurance fund which covers health care under the national health service and state pension from the age of 65 years.

    Free health care is offered by the national health service to unemployed persons in need of urgent treatment.

    There is also a private health care system available in Greece to all who wish to pay working alongside the national health care system. The private health care system is also used by the state run health service to treat their patientsunder contract such as the Onassis Cardiological Centre, Athens offering world class treatment.

    http://www.onassis.gr/en/public-bene...ac-surgery.php

  30. #30
    JUB Addict cm98059's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Holdenville
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Available
    Posts
    1,502

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Is anyone here w/out ins. going to reject "ObamaCare"?

    Quote Originally Posted by opinterph View Post
    http://www.healthcare.gov/law/

    A federal government website managed by the U.S. Department of Health & Human Services
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Springer View Post
    ^^

    Thanks, but still very confusing. They need someone in marketing to put it into simple English.
    I don't know, the parts I have read were easy to understand. And I only have a couple years of college.

  31. #31

    Re: Is anyone here w/out ins. going to reject "ObamaCare"?

    ^^

    What's your rate for next year?

    Who do you contact to get your insurance?

    When is your payment due? Who do you make the check out to?

    Who do you call when you have a problem?


    Sorry you flunked out of college.

  32. #32
    PerScientiam AdJustitiam bankside's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Beware the deepity.
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Married (to a man)
    Posts
    16,585
    Blog Entries
    2

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Is anyone here w/out ins. going to reject "ObamaCare"?

    Quote Originally Posted by Benvolio View Post
    With a trillion dollar deficit now, we would have to borrow the entire cost of socialized medicine from the Chinese.
    You're saying essentially that it is too expensive for everyone to see a doctor.
    Americans need to keep their guns so they can protect themselves from gun violence just like Nancy Lanza did. And like Chris Kyle did. And like Gabby Giffords did. And like Tom Clements did. And like Michael Piemonte. And Joseph Wilcox.

  33. #33

    Re: Is anyone here w/out ins. going to reject "ObamaCare"?

    Quote Originally Posted by bankside View Post
    You're saying essentially that it is too expensive for everyone to see a doctor.
    With a trillion a year deficit, fewer than half the eligible voters paying income tax, 47% receiving some welfare, (not including Medicare and social security) and millions more streaming in every year, universal health care is not feasible. Worse, with such an incentive, more would come in.

  34. #34

    Re: Is anyone here w/out ins. going to reject "ObamaCare"?

    Quote Originally Posted by bankside View Post
    You're saying essentially that it is too expensive for everyone to see a doctor.
    Agreed. What really needs to be done is to encourage the elderly, disabled and ill to die. Poor people too. If you get sick, die. It's more cost effective and will reduce tax rates for millionaires... oops, I mean the job creators and corporations. This will increase profits for stockholders.

    So be a patriotic American: if you're elderly, sick, disabled or poor, die.


    Maybe those Death Panels hidden in the depths of ObamaCare aren't such a bad thing....

  35. #35
    JUB Addict justdra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Valdosta
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    1,177

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Is anyone here w/out ins. going to reject "ObamaCare"?

    This is going to be like Medicare. It will take years for to see the overall benefits/downsides depending on your situation. You have to start somewhere to address the problem of medical cost (why not start with making hospital not overcharge people, I don't know). We have been living high on the hog (the country as a whole, not individuals) and now its time to buckle down because things have gotten out of hand and as usual, everyone suffers except the super rich, but what else are you going to do. I know every keeps going on about the deficit but be honest, can you say how it is affecting your daily life? Can you not pay your bills because of the deficit? Most of us work and have PC's, access to the internet and at xmas, we all talk about the nice stuff we purchased or received. I have friends who have purchased homes and vehicles and still complain but that is because they are living outside of their means, like most of us are, and its hard to cut back once you get use to having most of what you want.
    He got that thickness, the kind that make you get up makin' biscuits with breakfast, so gone - Jill Scott - So Gone

  36. #36

    Re: Is anyone here w/out ins. going to reject "ObamaCare"?

    We should stop making the problem worse. Unfortunately, the Democrats want more and more poor people. Suppose we adopt universal health care and the government stops being able to borrow money? The health care system will collapse catastrophically, along with the economy. Make that when, not if the government cannot borrow.
    Last edited by Benvolio; June 5th, 2013 at 06:26 AM.

  37. #37
    JUB Addict
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Seattle
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,596
    Blog Entries
    16

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Is anyone here w/out ins. going to reject "ObamaCare"?

    If your asking tea-partiers if they would rather die than have to take responsibility for themselves it should be obvious by now the answer is yes. If it wasn't we wouldn't need Obamacare, so - take that bitches.


  38. #38
    Know thyself kallipolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Piraeus, Greece
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Partnered
    Posts
    11,461

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Is anyone here w/out ins. going to reject "ObamaCare"?

    Quote Originally Posted by Benvolio View Post
    With a trillion a year deficit, fewer than half the eligible voters paying income tax, 47% receiving some welfare, (not including Medicare and social security) and millions more streaming in every year, universal health care is not feasible. Worse, with such an incentive, more would come in.
    Our circumstances here in Greece are much, much worse with our national health service under great strain even, buckling under the pressure of under funding as a result of 28 pct unemployment and loss of revenue that would normally fund our health service and pensions system ...nevertheless...state hospitals are working, health care centres are working and people are receiving treatment even with shortages daily reminding us that all is not well with our national health service.

    For those who can afford it there is a private health care system that works more quickly and provides sole occupancy rooms, carpeted floors and physicians who will offer more time to their patients....but for very serious stuff, such as urgent surgery for cardiac related issues state hospitals remain the ideal venue.

    Don't ignore the experiences of other countries where national health systems have been working since the 1940s.

  39. #39
    Know thyself kallipolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Piraeus, Greece
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Partnered
    Posts
    11,461

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Is anyone here w/out ins. going to reject "ObamaCare"?

    Quote Originally Posted by Benvolio View Post
    We should stop making the problem worse. Unfortunately, the Democrats want more and more poor people. Suppose we adopt universal health care and the government stops being able to borrow money? The health care system will collapse catastrophically, along with the economy. Make that when, not if the government cannot borrow.
    Greece is bankrupt yet, our national health service continues to work even, with shortages and waiting lists.

    Greece also has a private health care system available for those who can pay.

    Unemployed people are also human beings.

    Unemployed people should never be denied health care simply because they are currently unemployed.

  40. #40
    JUB Addict
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Seattle
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,596
    Blog Entries
    16

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Is anyone here w/out ins. going to reject "ObamaCare"?

    They can reject Obamacare, and pay a tax.


  41. #41

    Re: Is anyone here w/out ins. going to reject "ObamaCare"?

    Greece has free health care and is now bankrupt. Not a great argument for socialized medicine. The U S is bankrupt now. The Ponzi scheme has just not collapsed yet. Free health care should be out of the question.

  42. #42
    Know thyself kallipolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Piraeus, Greece
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Partnered
    Posts
    11,461

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Is anyone here w/out ins. going to reject "ObamaCare"?

    Quote Originally Posted by Benvolio View Post
    Greece has free health care and is now bankrupt. Not a great argument for socialized medicine. The U S is bankrupt now. The Ponzi scheme has just not collapsed yet. Free health care should be out of the question.
    Greece was not bankrupted by its national health service and despite being bankrupt our national health services manages to offer the general public decent health care be it that the service is under great pressure to operate with inadequate resources.

    Most developed nations have a national health service of one form, or another operating without bankrupting their respective economies.

    The United Kingdom legislated its national health service into law in 1948 a result of its pioneering free health care service implemented from the day the Luftwaffe began dropping its nightly calling card in 1939.

    When will the United States implement its own version of an national health service with suitable lessons learnt from your UK cousins?

  43. #43
    Sex God
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    570

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Is anyone here w/out ins. going to reject "ObamaCare"?

    Quote Originally Posted by Benvolio View Post
    Greece has free health care and is now bankrupt. Not a great argument for socialized medicine. The U S is bankrupt now. The Ponzi scheme has just not collapsed yet. Free health care should be out of the question.
    Mind you, it's not free. Everyone pays into the fund, that's why it works. Nothing free about it; it's an agreement between the people of an entire country to make sure no one is denied healthcare because they cannot afford it.

    The more fortunate pay more, the less fortunate pay less. Those below the poverty line do not pay because they can't. In a perfect world, the wealthy are altruistic. In the sphere of reality, they're often not. That's why a tax works--it's legally binding. No wiggle room.

    To refute your claim that bankrupt countries are the worst places to have universal healthcare, a lot of European countries enacted it in the wake of WWII, when they were left with NOTHING. Look at the same countries today and you could hardly tell that 70 years ago they were ashen, crater-laden and smoldering. It saves money.

    Private coverage wastes it. Rather than having no one waste money for service, everyone loses money.

  44. #44
    Porn Star Mike68's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    350
    Blog Entries
    1

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Is anyone here w/out ins. going to reject "ObamaCare"?

    Quote Originally Posted by justdra View Post
    This is going to be like Medicare. It will take years for to see the overall benefits/downsides depending on your situation. You have to start somewhere to address the problem of medical cost (why not start with making hospital not overcharge people, I don't know). We have been living high on the hog (the country as a whole, not individuals) and now its time to buckle down because things have gotten out of hand and as usual, everyone suffers except the super rich, but what else are you going to do. I know every keeps going on about the deficit but be honest, can you say how it is affecting your daily life? Can you not pay your bills because of the deficit? Most of us work and have PC's, access to the internet and at xmas, we all talk about the nice stuff we purchased or received. I have friends who have purchased homes and vehicles and still complain but that is because they are living outside of their means, like most of us are, and its hard to cut back once you get use to having most of what you want.
    great post.

  45. #45
    Porn Star Love me 2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Tucson
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    359

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Is anyone here w/out ins. going to reject "ObamaCare"?

    http://pleasecutthecrap.typepad.com/...es-hcbill.html


    Deconstructing the Right Wing Lies on the Health Insurance Bill! The Complete Collection on One Page!
    Last edited by Love me 2; June 6th, 2013 at 04:28 AM.

  46. #46
    JUB Addict T-Rexx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    4,784

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Is anyone here w/out ins. going to reject "ObamaCare"?

    Quote Originally Posted by Benvolio View Post
    Greece has free health care and is now bankrupt. Not a great argument for socialized medicine. The U S is bankrupt now. The Ponzi scheme has just not collapsed yet. Free health care should be out of the question.
    Greece spends $2,853 per capita per year on health care. Greece spends 10.2% of its GDP on health care.

    The USA spends $8,362 per capita per year on health care (3x as much as Greece). The USA spends 17.9% of its GDP on health care.

    You seem to be arguing that Greece needs to triple its spending on health care, in order to help balance its budget. I find that argument fascinating. Can you cite evidence that spending so much more on health care actually saves money?



    http://www.guardian.co.uk/news/datab...-world-country

  47. #47

    Re: Is anyone here w/out ins. going to reject "ObamaCare"?

    Quote Originally Posted by mightbe View Post
    Mind you, it's not free. Everyone pays into the fund, that's why it works. Nothing free about it; it's an agreement between the people of an entire country to make sure no one is denied healthcare because they cannot afford it.

    The more fortunate pay more, the less fortunate pay less. Those below the poverty line do not pay because they can't. In a perfect world, the wealthy are altruistic. In the sphere of reality, they're often not. That's why a tax works--it's legally binding. No wiggle room.

    To refute your claim that bankrupt countries are the worst places to have universal healthcare, a lot of European countries enacted it in the wake of WWII, when they were left with NOTHING. Look at the same countries today and you could hardly tell that 70 years ago they were ashen, crater-laden and smoldering. It saves money.

    Private coverage wastes it. Rather than having no one waste money for service, everyone loses money.
    Obamacare is designed so that about half the people will get free insurance at the expense of the other half. Those who file returns must buy UNLESS they cannot afford to. But, 47%of filers pay no tax and about 47% receive some form of welfare. Therefore we must conclude that at least 47% will be deemed too poor to pay for their insurance, so the government will buy it for them. The few people who pay income tax are not eager to have this huge burden dumped on them.
    Last edited by Benvolio; June 6th, 2013 at 07:31 AM.

  48. #48
    JUB Addict T-Rexx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    4,784

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Is anyone here w/out ins. going to reject "ObamaCare"?

    Quote Originally Posted by Benvolio View Post
    Obamacare is designed so that about half the people will get free insurance at the expense of the other half. Those who file returns must buy UNLESS they cannot afford to. But, 47%of filers pay no tax and about 47% receive some form of welfare. Therefore we must conclude that at least 47% will be deemed too poor to pay for their insurance, so the government will buy it for them. The few people who pay income tax are not eager to have this huge burden dumped on them.
    This is simply not correct.

    Outside of Medicaid/Medicare, the government does not "buy" insurance for anyone under Obamacare.

    Those people who cannot afford to purchase private insurance under Obamacare (and who do not qualify for Medicaid/Medicare) must pay the penalty, and also do without any health insurance whatsoever. That will be an awful lot of people, of course. That is the reason for the proposed expansion of Medicaid under Obamacare. It is an attempt to cover a few more people than would be covered otherwise. But, the proposed expansion is tiny, relative to the existing size of Medicaid. Only a handful of people will benefit from this.

    Obamacare is far from providing the comprehensive healthcare coverage for everyone in the nation that has become standard in developed countries. That is one reason why Obamacare is such a terrible plan. It will leave millions of poor people uncovered, and it will penalize them for their inability to purchase private insurance. It will therefore save only a little bit of money, because it has done only a little bit to address the problem of uninsured Americans.

    If America really wants to control healthcare costs, it needs to adopt a European/Canadian style of single-payer, comprehensive coverage for everyone. Such a system would halve our expenditures on healthcare, as has been the experience in the rest of the developed world. I do not believe that Republicans will ever permit this level of efficiency, however, as that party insists on massive waste and bloat in everything.
    Last edited by T-Rexx; June 6th, 2013 at 10:34 AM.

  49. #49
    Know thyself kallipolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Piraeus, Greece
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Partnered
    Posts
    11,461

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Is anyone here w/out ins. going to reject "ObamaCare"?

    ^Canada sets a fine example that the United States could emulate with adjustments to suit American needs.

  50. #50

    Re: Is anyone here w/out ins. going to reject "ObamaCare"?

    Here is a CNN articles that estimates that 26 million will get the government subsidies. https://www.google.com/search?q=obam...&client=safari. But the 11 million illegals the Democrats want to add will inflate that.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | About JustUsBoys.com | Site Map | RSS | Webmasters | Advertise | Link to JUB | Report A Bug on this Page

Visit our sister sites: Broke Straight Boys | CollegeDudes.com | CollegeBoyPhysicals.com | RocketTube
All models appearing on JustUsBoys.com were over 18 at the time of photography. The records for sexually explicit images required by U.S. 2257 are kept by the
individual producers of the images. The location of the records is available by clicking the Custodian of Records link at the bottom of each gallery page.
© 2012 JustUsBoys.com. The JustUsBoys.com name and logo are registered trademarks. Labeled with ICRA and RTA. Member of ASACP and The Free Speech Coalition.