JustUsBoys.com gay porn forum

logo

View Poll Results: Pick one

Voters
62. You may not vote on this poll
  • Cheating

    25 40.32%
  • Lose of interest (aka spark is gone)

    21 33.87%
  • Distance

    0 0%
  • No/poor communication

    10 16.13%
  • Other obligations (college, job, etc)

    0 0%
  • Other

    6 9.68%
Results 1 to 42 of 42
  1. #1
    Slut
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Bisexual
    Status
    Dating
    Posts
    223

    Code of Conduct

    What do you think is the number one cause of gay couple breakups ?

    For other, please post what you think it is.

  2. #2
    Halleluja! chrisrobin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    9,292

    Code of Conduct

    Re: What do you think is the number one cause of gay couple breakups ?

    '
    A cause of gay couple breakups: One partner that tries to change the other.

    No one can make you feel inferior without your consent. - Eleanor Roosevelt

  3. #3

    Re: What do you think is the number one cause of gay couple breakups ?

    These people should be having a two-year engagement before they get married.

    Five years, perhaps.
    .

  4. #4

    Re: What do you think is the number one cause of gay couple breakups ?

    Other.....

    1) An addiction to images (images as in what appears to be versus what *is*)
    2) Failing to develop a good relationship with yourself and blaming it on the other person.
    3) Insisting on being a victim and embracing a victim menatlity.

  5. #5

    Re: What do you think is the number one cause of gay couple breakups ?

    A lot of guys jump into relationships thinking with their cocks and their hormones, putting the other guy on a pedestal without REALLY knowing him very well, and thinking a relationship is easy.

    Once the sex gets routine, they actually have to spend time together and realize they have nothing in common outside the bedroom, and relationships are a LOT of work and compromises they bail out without even really trying and move on to the next fantasy scenario.

    I also think guys don't really know what they want. They think they do, but then get distracted by all the other choices that are out there and start second guessing themselves. You're with Bob, think you're happy... but whoa! Mark is hot... wonder what he'd be like??? Wait... is Bob really the one?

    Guys jump into commitments with no real intention of longevity or real commitment. Mr. Right is often Mr.You'lldofornow.
    http://www.justusboys.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic216959_1.gif

  6. #6
    JUB Addict LeicsDom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Leicester UK
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    2,208

    Code of Conduct

    Re: What do you think is the number one cause of gay couple breakups ?

    I think a lot of guys jump into relationships because they are frightened to be by themselves

  7. #7

    Re: What do you think is the number one cause of gay couple breakups ?

    Quote Originally Posted by borg69unimatrix View Post
    A lot of guys jump into relationships thinking with their cocks and their hormones, putting the other guy on a pedestal without REALLY knowing him very well, and thinking a relationship is easy.

    Once the sex gets routine, they actually have to spend time together and realize they have nothing in common outside the bedroom, and relationships are a LOT of work and compromises they bail out without even really trying and move on to the next fantasy scenario.

    I also think guys don't really know what they want. They think they do, but then get distracted by all the other choices that are out there and start second guessing themselves. You're with Bob, think you're happy... but whoa! Mark is hot... wonder what he'd be like??? Wait... is Bob really the one?

    Guys jump into commitments with no real intention of longevity or real commitment. Mr. Right is often Mr.You'lldofornow.
    This is so right. Too many think with their penis.

  8. #8
    JUB Addict RaKroma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The Zoo with NYU
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,847

    Code of Conduct

    Re: What do you think is the number one cause of gay couple breakups ?

    Quote Originally Posted by borg69unimatrix View Post
    A lot of guys jump into relationships thinking with their cocks and their hormones, putting the other guy on a pedestal without REALLY knowing him very well, and thinking a relationship is easy.

    Once the sex gets routine, they actually have to spend time together and realize they have nothing in common outside the bedroom, and relationships are a LOT of work and compromises they bail out without even really trying and move on to the next fantasy scenario.

    I also think guys don't really know what they want. They think they do, but then get distracted by all the other choices that are out there and start second guessing themselves. You're with Bob, think you're happy... but whoa! Mark is hot... wonder what he'd be like??? Wait... is Bob really the one?

    Guys jump into commitments with no real intention of longevity or real commitment. Mr. Right is often Mr.You'lldofornow.
    Well on target!

  9. #9
    JUB Addict HunterM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Bisexual
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    6,600

    Code of Conduct

    Re: What do you think is the number one cause of gay couple breakups ?

    One of them wants a sex change from male to female.

  10. #10
    JUB Addict jensu846's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    2,865

    Code of Conduct

    Re: What do you think is the number one cause of gay couple breakups ?

    I think variety is the spice the of life. just like in straight marriages, I think having sex with the same person forever would suck and be a drag, regardless if I was in love with then completely. I need new sights, smells, sensations, body types, etc, just being honest. So to answer the OP question I think cheating and/or loss of interest is the #1 cause.

  11. #11
    Rambunctiously Pugnacious JayHawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    River Quay - KC
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    24,258

    Code of Conduct

    Re: What do you think is the number one cause of gay couple breakups ?

    Men are whores.... we all are... some of us repress it better than others but all men are whores.
    Everyone can be great, because everyone can serve.
    ~ Martin Luther King, Jr.


  12. #12
    THE FLIRT JUB Moderator ronboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Western New York State
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    42,173
    Blog Entries
    24

    Code of Conduct

    Re: What do you think is the number one cause of gay couple breakups ?

    Based strictly on my own experiences, I would have to say that it is a combination of loss of interest (some gay men can be so fickle) and infidelity (cheating).


    The Three Musketeers... Bashful, Chrisglass, and Ronboy!

  13. #13

    Re: What do you think is the number one cause of gay couple breakups ?

    Lust..

    and ego

    idk which one first

  14. #14
    peace and long life
    MidnightPrism's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Monroe, GA
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    14,378
    Blog Entries
    13

    Code of Conduct

    Re: What do you think is the number one cause of gay couple breakups ?

    He had a really small dick....


  15. #15

    Re: What do you think is the number one cause of gay couple breakups ?

    Quote Originally Posted by TheSpectatingLoner View Post
    [edited to reduce bitchiness]

    I dislike the question because it makes it seem as though breakups among homosexuals are longer about the individuality of a relationship or the two specific people involved, but about their sexuality. "Gay breakup" sounds like you're implying that there must be a gay reason for a gay breakup.

    Breakups, across all sexualities, happen for a multitude of reasons involving the individuals breaking up.

  16. #16
    Lascivious Lush altlover85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Dating
    Posts
    5,929

    Code of Conduct

    Re: What do you think is the number one cause of gay couple breakups ?

    I realized how difficult it was to answer this without just jumping to the reason why my relationships in the past broke up. I would say that borg got it right. I think a lot of guys aren't willing to put in the work needed in order for a relationship to work.

    Quote Originally Posted by TheSpectatingLoner View Post
    [edited to reduce bitchiness]

    I dislike the question because it makes it seem as though breakups among homosexuals are longer about the individuality of a relationship or the two specific people involved, but about their sexuality. "Gay breakup" sounds like you're implying that there must be a gay reason for a gay breakup.

    Breakups, across all sexualities, happen for a multitude of reasons involving the individuals breaking up.
    Even though I think I understand where you are coming from, I think it is interesting to ponder whether or not there is a reason why gay couples may break up that comes up more often than in straight couple. In other words, is one reason for breaking up more prevalent among gay couples vs. straight couples.

  17. #17
    Is the King of JUB Beachguyj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Near Fort Bottomdale
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    7,369

    Code of Conduct

    Re: What do you think is the number one cause of gay couple breakups ?

    I'm acquaintances in a circle where 8 of the people are former (4) couples and still friends. I never asked why they broke up, I guess it just didn't work out, but it couldn't have been that bad because they are still friends.
    In his autumn, before the winter, comes man's last mad surge of youth

  18. #18
    JUB Addict honooryuu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    1,376

    Code of Conduct

    Re: What do you think is the number one cause of gay couple breakups ?

    the main issue i have come across in my area is cheating. my ex accused me of cheating, and i was pretty sure he was already cheating on me long before we broke up.
    http://www.justusboys.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic252537_2.gif

  19. #19
    JUB Addict MMMonsterBoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    1,194

    Code of Conduct

    Re: What do you think is the number one cause of gay couple breakups ?

    I believe gay couples have just as hard of a time understanding each other as straight couples do. I also believe gay men tend to be more insecure, yet [interestingly] more narcissistic.

    There is a need to be in a relationship 'just because.' This illusion "I'm not lonely and ugly" can only work but for so long. As someone else pointed out, once the two realize there is nothing there the relationship turns sour. Cheating and excuses (distance, work, etc) follow and the relationship ends. Then the cycle repeats a week later.

    I remember reading this study that claimed gay couples are better at resolving conflicts through teamwork, which surprised me!

  20. #20
    Already Gone BreakTheIce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    1,518

    Code of Conduct

    Re: What do you think is the number one cause of gay couple breakups ?

    I hate topics like these.

    We're gay, not robots. We still retain the many human qualities that heterosexuals possess. The bullshit reasons given in a poll apply to straight relationships too.

    This would make sense sense if you rephrased it to "what to you think is the main cause of YOUR breakups"

  21. #21

    Re: What do you think is the number one cause of gay couple breakups ?

    Actually, there is at least one 'gay specific' cause for breakups - sort of.

    It has to do with being too similar and not knowing what to do about it.

    Not to be the least bit confused with that 'opposites attract' stuff, though.

  22. #22

    Re: What do you think is the number one cause of gay couple breakups ?

    Quote Originally Posted by TheSpectatingLoner View Post
    I don't believe there is.

    I doubt any real study could be done on this, because I find that at the time of breakups, most folks aren't exactly honest with themselves over the reason--they just know the reason they're stating at the time of the event. Sort of like when someone gets fired--is it always really the reason on the final write-up?



    Bingo.
    Politically correct, yes.

    But...

    Can you explain why Im so feeling it in this..?
    Quote Originally Posted by borg69unimatrix View Post
    A lot of guys jump into relationships thinking with their cocks and their hormones, putting the other guy on a pedestal without REALLY knowing him very well, and thinking a relationship is easy.

    Once the sex gets routine, they actually have to spend time together and realize they have nothing in common outside the bedroom, and relationships are a LOT of work and compromises they bail out without even really trying and move on to the next fantasy scenario.

    I also think guys don't really know what they want. They think they do, but then get distracted by all the other choices that are out there and start second guessing themselves. You're with Bob, think you're happy... but whoa! Mark is hot... wonder what he'd be like??? Wait... is Bob really the one?

    Guys jump into commitments with no real intention of longevity or real commitment. Mr. Right is often Mr.You'lldofornow.
    and this?

    Quote Originally Posted by MMMonsterBoy View Post
    I believe gay couples have just as hard of a time understanding each other as straight couples do. I also believe gay men tend to be more insecure, yet [interestingly] more narcissistic.

    There is a need to be in a relationship 'just because.' This illusion "I'm not lonely and ugly" can only work but for so long. As someone else pointed out, once the two realize there is nothing there the relationship turns sour. Cheating and excuses (distance, work, etc) follow and the relationship ends. Then the cycle repeats a week later.

    I remember reading this study that claimed gay couples are better at resolving conflicts through teamwork, which surprised me!
    so the OP is partially to blame. The title would be awkward to be printed out alongside with straight issues but I think it's ok for OP to share in here..in this place, just us boys

  23. #23

    Re: What do you think is the number one cause of gay couple breakups ?

    TBH..I cant speak to anybody else- some people loved enough and fell to rltship easily while they 'abuse' their privilege, Im not that kind of guy, I dont have that luxury. ^^ Im more like those who are so awkward/shy to initiate approach, an ltr type but I think my foremost reason can't attached with a person is because I never been and dont know how to start?

    I've --( add dramatic exhales here) ...spent much of my energy during my high school years- chasing a guy I never can have.
    The unrequited love scars me deeply..it's like...if you're gay- your love life will be doomed, there's always voice inside my head telling me that, how's in y'all? Idk.

    It's really hard for me to set up my own standard and how to build relationship after him and hs years, if i dont hv him then I dont want anybody else...that cliche words but true to me.

    What do you think replace empty love if not lust?- that's why I and most of guys here are lusty- maybe we compensate something? Lust- I love lust but too much of it, 'will make your focus murky and because my background is an 'awkward' lover- then lust making me more awkward to 'relate'..am I right? I just wanna ..get it done..fuck him, fuck fuck fuck
    so it's not good but when I ask myself again, do I really need a bf? Im not sure I really want to have it lol ^^
    I bet those heavy couple in JUB smh..thinking wow, these guys are so damaged. Maybe we're too damaged until we dont feel the pain, WE DONT KNOW WHATS WRONG WITH US!? ^^
    However at this point I know lust is cheap and it won't last forever. Lust is pleasurable and mildly irritating...

    so irritating! I just walked on trails today passing a hot guy- who's totally my type- a latino gym sluts with slutty cut out muscle tank, cap and high socks ..Im so rape him, but...^^ Jk
    I notice-I dont have any initiative to approach him to get to know him or to build myself upon him. I think that's what pure lust is..
    ~~~~~~~~~~~

    Im not hopeless romantic type- quite heartless I think. Right now I keep myself busy- the distraction is enough to forgetting me to settling down. I got affection frm my dog- my friends- family ..like hey, human need 80% of his day to talk with someone- whether you're extrovert/introvert.
    One thing that's still baffles me though-- the longing to care and to love someone is still there and it jolts in unpredicatble situation with unpredicatbel guy..just amazing to think about. Im like WOW..Im a robot but what is this feel? So warm and tender and..

    so unselfish- it's like you just want to GIVE as much as you can, you dont want to TAKE anything from him..
    I guess that's love

    so many times it blooms and die- because I dont keep or take an effort to maintain it
    but my points to y'all..in the same situation as me

    even though you've been from deserted place- you confuse/lost- but dont worry..Love is a human nature
    like Pink sang: You better get up and try.. if you wonder what is it like?

    So..my number one cause of gay break up is...myself.. Im no good- Yes Amy Winehouse
    I used to think..when I found the right guy to safe me?.. To REPAIR me?
    but since I think love is human nature- an innate ability we know without learn then I have a hope.. it's not me who always need aid/repair, we're imperfect tbh..BUT I BELIEVE we all have our own key- our mold key for the thing we call love..

    I try looking at this experience as life changing and one of the grand mystery of life that I need to unlock- we all have our own reason, but please..kick lust, pride or ego to the curb ^^
    Last edited by JPGhost; May 9th, 2013 at 08:41 PM.

  24. #24
    JUB Addict kayman23's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Atlanta
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Bisexual
    Posts
    1,313
    Blog Entries
    12

    Code of Conduct

    Re: What do you think is the number one cause of gay couple breakups ?

    Quote Originally Posted by JayHawk View Post
    Men are whores.... we all are... some of us repress it better than others but all men are whores.
    Speak for yourself...

  25. #25
    Booyah! Callum's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Gerstein and Robarts
    Gender
    Male
    Status
    Dating
    Posts
    2,710
    Blog Entries
    1

    Code of Conduct

    Re: What do you think is the number one cause of gay couple breakups ?

    Probably the same things as heterosexual breakups, money, people change, insecurities etc.
    blacksyringe

  26. #26
    Fizzy Grant BFizzle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    2,432

    Code of Conduct

    Re: What do you think is the number one cause of gay couple breakups ?

    Quote Originally Posted by M10000 View Post
    'open relationships'
    Beat me to it.

    I'll just file it under cheating.

  27. #27
    Match in the gas tank...
    Taralen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Gender
    Male
    Status
    Open Relationship
    Posts
    812

    Code of Conduct

    Re: What do you think is the number one cause of gay couple breakups ?

    Bah surprised it wasn't one of the choices. But to me and my experience which caused my partner of three years to break up, it's probably influence over Family/Friends.

    Unfortunately due to his family's hatred of me, he began to hate me and he started doing out of character things like verbally and physically abusing me and accusing me of doing things that I didn't do. But it's neither here nor there. He still has feelings for me all of a sudden and too bad it's not a two way street. I went out to dinner with him a couple days ago because he offered to pay and I was hungry. :P

    But cheating is also a good reason. We fags can never be truthful to our man. Open relationships bother me as well but that's a whole another hockey game.
    Glass Half Empty, Glass Half Full
    http://colorfulqueers.tumblr.com/

  28. #28
    Porn Star
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    401

    Code of Conduct

    Re: What do you think is the number one cause of gay couple breakups ?

    Open relationships do fascinate me. I wonder how you can cope with being "in love" with someone and then, going about life jumping into bed with anyone who tickles your fancy. I've met a couple of guys who have accused me of being emotionally unstable and immature for not wanting open relationships, but ultimately I cannot understand how stealing moments of intimacy from your partner/boyfriend/husband to share them with other men is respectful and considerate in any way. In fact, I find it exploitative and perverse; wanting to have someone to fulfill you emotionally while having sex with anyone you feel attracted to and is willing to hook up with you is quite a twisted thing to do, in my opinion. Yes, I know that both partners have equal chances to sleep around, but I wonder how they can have boundaries around sharing and whether everyone goes out to find sex partners with equal aplomb and enthusiasm... Coercion, power and emotional blackmailing seem to be closer to the motives I can see behind open relationships than any true "sexual fulfillment", to be honest.

  29. #29
    JUB Addict Ninja108's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Partnered
    Posts
    65,723

    Code of Conduct

    Re: What do you think is the number one cause of gay couple breakups ?

    Many of the same reasons straight couples do. Money is one big issue. Another is that so many people I've known enjoy the honeymoon phase of sex without realizing that magic wears off.
    And finally,lack of communication. People aren't mind readers. You need to talk it out at times.

  30. #30
    JUB Addict maxpowr9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Boston
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Open Relationship
    Posts
    8,839
    Blog Entries
    3

    Code of Conduct

    Re: What do you think is the number one cause of gay couple breakups ?

    Thinking with your big head instead of your little head is some good advice.

  31. #31
    Inactive
    star-warrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Home is where the heart is
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Bisexual
    Status
    Married
    Posts
    38,314
    Blog Entries
    9

    Code of Conduct

    Re: What do you think is the number one cause of gay couple breakups ?

    The same reasons in hetero marriages : infidelity, loss of interest, money, lack of things in common, toilet seat problems and aim.


  32. #32
    Lascivious Lush altlover85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Dating
    Posts
    5,929

    Code of Conduct

    Re: What do you think is the number one cause of gay couple breakups ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Adrusek81 View Post
    Open relationships do fascinate me. I wonder how you can cope with being "in love" with someone and then, going about life jumping into bed with anyone who tickles your fancy. I've met a couple of guys who have accused me of being emotionally unstable and immature for not wanting open relationships, but ultimately I cannot understand how stealing moments of intimacy from your partner/boyfriend/husband to share them with other men is respectful and considerate in any way. In fact, I find it exploitative and perverse; wanting to have someone to fulfill you emotionally while having sex with anyone you feel attracted to and is willing to hook up with you is quite a twisted thing to do, in my opinion. Yes, I know that both partners have equal chances to sleep around, but I wonder how they can have boundaries around sharing and whether everyone goes out to find sex partners with equal aplomb and enthusiasm... Coercion, power and emotional blackmailing seem to be closer to the motives I can see behind open relationships than any true "sexual fulfillment", to be honest.
    I don't think it's emotionally unstable and immature to not want to be in an open relationship. I do think it's judgmental to talk about open relationships as being perverse.

    The picture you paint of an open relationship is one where one person is coerced into it by the other. You make it seem as if two guys couldn't mutually agree to an open relationship. Anyone that is mature and wants to have an open relationship ideally should not be in one because they feel they have to be. They should want to be in one. I'm sure it doesn't always happen that way, but if a guy feels that the only way he can keep his boyfriend or husband is to be in an open relationship that he doesn't want, then he should probably just end the relationship.

    Quote Originally Posted by Coward92 View Post
    I think the better question would be:
    Why are there so few gay couples?
    I'm not sure if there are few gay couples. Almost all the gay guys I know are in a relationship. I think how many gay couples you know and are aware of might depend on your circle of friends and the age of your friends. Many of my friends are quite a bit older than me, so that might change how I see things versus how you do.

  33. #33
    JUB Addict kayman23's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Atlanta
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Bisexual
    Posts
    1,313
    Blog Entries
    12

    Code of Conduct

    Re: What do you think is the number one cause of gay couple breakups ?

    Quote Originally Posted by altlover85 View Post
    I don't think it's emotionally unstable and immature to not want to be in an open relationship. I do think it's judgmental to talk about open relationships as being perverse.

    The picture you paint of an open relationship is one where one person is coerced into it by the other. You make it seem as if two guys couldn't mutually agree to an open relationship. Anyone that is mature and wants to have an open relationship ideally should not be in one because they feel they have to be. They should want to be in one. I'm sure it doesn't always happen that way, but if a guy feels that the only way he can keep his boyfriend or husband is to be in an open relationship that he doesn't want, then he should probably just end the relationship.



    I'm not sure if there are few gay couples. Almost all the gay guys I know are in a relationship. I think how many gay couples you know and are aware of might depend on your circle of friends and the age of your friends. Many of my friends are quite a bit older than me, so that might change how I see things versus how you do.
    Open relationship = 2 people that need to be single...

  34. #34
    Dimples glasvegas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Melbourne
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    3,782
    Blog Entries
    10

    Code of Conduct

    Re: What do you think is the number one cause of gay couple breakups ?

    I do think there's a difference in gay relationship with hetero relationship. There's a lot of couple practicing open relationship and even they don't, they tend to cheat, I have been approached by guys that are committed to their partners but yet chasing some young cocks when their partner is overseas or away. This doesn't happen frequently in hetero relationship. And since we're pretty sexual, some relationship started out by sex, then proceed into something meaningful, this does happen to hetero but to a smaller margin. So I think inability to control ones lust is the main reason (which contributes to lost of interest as the person no longer attractive enough for him and he needs to find something exciting...in bed)

  35. #35
    Lascivious Lush altlover85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Dating
    Posts
    5,929

    Code of Conduct

    Re: What do you think is the number one cause of gay couple breakups ?

    Quote Originally Posted by TheSpectatingLoner View Post
    Or maybe two people that need to define the boundaries of their own relationships while you mind your own goddamned business?
    I agree 100%!

    Quote Originally Posted by glasvegas View Post
    I do think there's a difference in gay relationship with hetero relationship. There's a lot of couple practicing open relationship and even they don't, they tend to cheat, I have been approached by guys that are committed to their partners but yet chasing some young cocks when their partner is overseas or away. This doesn't happen frequently in hetero relationship. And since we're pretty sexual, some relationship started out by sex, then proceed into something meaningful, this does happen to hetero but to a smaller margin. So I think inability to control ones lust is the main reason (which contributes to lost of interest as the person no longer attractive enough for him and he needs to find something exciting...in bed)
    Do you have evidence for the bolded statements?

    Quote Originally Posted by animalius View Post
    I think it is all healthy if everyone involved consented and that everyone is honest about it. Sure beats cheating.
    I agree on this too.

    Quote Originally Posted by Coward92 View Post
    Well there are definitely very few here.
    I know most of the gay population in this city and there are about 8 couples.
    7 of them are open relationships. I've had a date with a university teacher from Scotland, and he said that is Scotland it's pretty much the same, but there are a lot of gay couples.
    Interesting.

  36. #36
    The nice guy from Nice. dpnice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Orientation
    Gay
    Posts
    9,843
    Blog Entries
    298

    Code of Conduct

    Re: What do you think is the number one cause of gay couple breakups ?

    It is interesting to read all the generalities that people are using to support their point of view. I must honestly say that I find them slightly exaggerated.

    You can't base an opinion on the knowledge that you have of the behaviour of a limited circle of friends and acquaintences that you happen to have. Obviously your personal experience is important and I think that is what we would all like to hear but to then extrapolate it to the entire gay community seems slightly excessive in my opinion.

    That heterosexual and homosexual couples have similar problems in their relationships seems obvious. But to choose one major theme for breakups in all gay couples seems to me impossible. I mean have we even a data base listing the number of gay couples by country?
    http://justusboys.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=72786&dateline=115443  2352

  37. #37
    The Journey of a Lifetime Adrock-JD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Posts
    5,967

    Code of Conduct

    Re: What do you think is the number one cause of gay couple breakups ?

    Lack of a marriage license (acknowledged relationship by society) to make it more difficult to just call it quits when times get tough.

  38. #38
    The nice guy from Nice. dpnice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Orientation
    Gay
    Posts
    9,843
    Blog Entries
    298

    Code of Conduct

    Re: What do you think is the number one cause of gay couple breakups ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Adrock-JD View Post
    Lack of a marriage license (acknowledged relationship by society) to make it more difficult to just call it quits when times get tough.
    So as gay marriage becomes legal in more and more places will it become ordinary for guys to meet, flirt, date and then get married before they have even attempted the trials and passions of a relationship?

    At present it seems to me that those gays who choose marriage have been in a partnership for a number of years and have already overcome the tough times; marriage being the final commitment to each other, which had been denied to them for so long.
    http://justusboys.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=72786&dateline=115443  2352

  39. #39
    JUB Addict MorrisseyX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Toronto
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    1,475

    Code of Conduct

    Re: What do you think is the number one cause of gay couple breakups ?

    I think it is easier for gay couples to break up because the relationship is more likely to be equal. I also think gender is a factor, in gay couples I think a lot of open relationships goes on. If you go to Adam4Adam or any of those hook up sites tons of couples are on there together looking for a threesome. I think the sex drive of gay men is more potent and since it is easier for a gay man to get sex more likely to cheat on his partner.


    Two men can't have a baby together and in the straight world often a straight couple stays together because of the kids. Even though the marriage is over some straight couples hang on because they think it would be good for the children.

  40. #40
    Lascivious Lush altlover85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Dating
    Posts
    5,929

    Code of Conduct

    Re: What do you think is the number one cause of gay couple breakups ?

    Quote Originally Posted by dpnice View Post
    So as gay marriage becomes legal in more and more places will it become ordinary for guys to meet, flirt, date and then get married before they have even attempted the trials and passions of a relationship?

    At present it seems to me that those gays who choose marriage have been in a partnership for a number of years and have already overcome the tough times; marriage being the final commitment to each other, which had been denied to them for so long.
    I think the bolded is what I was trying to get at in my first post. I think because the vast majority of gay men were not socialized into the dating culture that straight men are, there might be a difference in their approach in relationships and there may be some time needed for some gay men to catch up to their straight peers.

    Quote Originally Posted by Adrock-JD View Post
    Lack of a marriage license (acknowledged relationship by society) to make it more difficult to just call it quits when times get tough.
    Quote Originally Posted by MorrisseyX View Post
    Two men can't have a baby together and in the straight world often a straight couple stays together because of the kids. Even though the marriage is over some straight couples hang on because they think it would be good for the children.
    I think both of these posts raise the interesting point of whether or not hetero couples would be breaking up more were it not for marriage and kids.
    Last edited by altlover85; May 15th, 2013 at 01:37 PM.

  41. #41
    UK/GB Tv Rules!!! chillyboi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Cleveland
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    7,625
    Blog Entries
    20

    Code of Conduct

    Re: What do you think is the number one cause of gay couple breakups ?

    Drama !

  42. #42
    JUB Addict DigitalFudge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Maryland
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    5,800

    Code of Conduct

    Re: What do you think is the number one cause of gay couple breakups ?

    Quote Originally Posted by BFizzle View Post
    Beat me to it.

    I'll just file it under cheating.

    You mean it's not the same thing?





    Quote Originally Posted by MorrisseyX View Post
    If you go to Adam4Adam or any of those hook up sites tons of couples are on there together looking for a threesome.



    Here's the problem with judging gay people using "Hookup sites"


    You are not pooling gay people, you are pooling gay people that use hook up sites.


    Would I be surprised if the majority of gay couples were in open relationships? I'd be shocked, thank God that's not true


    Would I be surprised if the majority of gay couples on Adam 4 Adam were in open relationships? Nope. I'd expect it.
    Last edited by DigitalFudge; May 15th, 2013 at 02:39 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | About JustUsBoys.com | Site Map | RSS | Webmasters | Advertise | Link to JUB | Report A Bug on this Page

Visit our sister sites: Broke Straight Boys | CollegeDudes.com | CollegeBoyPhysicals.com | RocketTube
All models appearing on JustUsBoys.com were over 18 at the time of photography. The records for sexually explicit images required by U.S. 2257 are kept by the
individual producers of the images. The location of the records is available by clicking the Custodian of Records link at the bottom of each gallery page.
© 2012 JustUsBoys.com. The JustUsBoys.com name and logo are registered trademarks. Labeled with ICRA and RTA. Member of ASACP and The Free Speech Coalition.