JustUsBoys.com gay porn forum

logo

remove these banner ads by becoming a JUB Supporter.

Page 1 of 3 12 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 50 of 108
  1. #1

    Obama's Red Line In Syria

    What does Obama's red line in Syria look like? Will he blame any action or inaction he takes/doesn't take on Congress like he did for almost everything else in his press conference today?

    ------------------------------------------

    _______________________________

    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    .. ... ... .... .... ..... .....
    ..... .....

    -- -- -- -- --
    -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --



  2. #2

    Re: Obama's Red Line In Syria

    What's the point of this thread?

  3. #3
    Do I dare to eat a peach?
    palbert's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Coastal Downeast Maine
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    10,948

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Obama's Red Line In Syria

    I think Obama is pussy-footing around on Syria. We know we - or NATO? - will eventually have to go in, so why stall. We presently tacitly are endorsing the establishment of a radical Islamic beachhead.

    Shows why we should get out of Afghanistan: we're tasking troops, blood, and money with an unwinnable circumstance.

  4. #4
    loki81
    Guest

    Re: Obama's Red Line In Syria

    what action should he take?

    it was a stupid line to draw, because getting involved in Syria is a lose-lose proposition for the US. let the Arab League worry about problems within their own house.

  5. #5

    Re: Obama's Red Line In Syria

    Springer, what difference does it make to you what he does or says.

    If he decides to invade, you're criticize him for invading and getting us in another war. If he decides not to invade, you'll criticize him for not invading. If we invade, you'll criticize him for not having enough boots on the ground. If we invade with lots of soldiers, you'll criticize him for having too many. If he decides to use drones, you'll criticize him for that. If he does nothing you'll criticize him for doing nothing.

    No matter what he says, does or thinks, you'll criticize him for it and you know darn well I'm right.
    Last edited by CowboyBob; April 30th, 2013 at 10:37 AM.

  6. #6
    ecce digitus
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Partnered
    Posts
    33,551

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Obama's Red Line In Syria

    ^ This.

    There's no way for Obama to win with his biggest haters.

    And unlike the past, where the US went charging in, expect that the consequences will be devised by NATO and not the US unilaterally.

  7. #7

    Re: Obama's Red Line In Syria

    The current president is a weak effeminate man without any leadership skills whatsoever. He will do nothing. His foreign policy or the lack thereof has been a mishmash of blunders, stupidity and gross inaction.
    Last edited by Durango95; April 30th, 2013 at 11:30 AM.
    Only government can take perfectly good paper, cover it with perfectly good ink and make the combination worthless.

  8. #8

    Re: Obama's Red Line In Syria

    Is a bluff. He will nothing except talk, just as he has decided to allow Iran to get the bomb.

  9. #9

    Re: Obama's Red Line In Syria

    Quote Originally Posted by Durango95 View Post
    The current president is a weak effeminate man without any leadership skills whatsoever. He will do nothing. His foreign policy or the lack thereof has been a mishmash of blunders, stupidity and gross inaction.
    George W Bush is out of office now. He's not the current President anymore, thank the Gods.

  10. #10
    loki81
    Guest

    Re: Obama's Red Line In Syria

    great news, Obama is preparing to send arms to the Syrian rebels.

    you know, because it worked out so well when we armed the Taliban.

  11. #11
    JockBoy87
    Guest

    Re: Obama's Red Line In Syria

    Quote Originally Posted by Durango95 View Post
    The current president is a weak effeminate man without any leadership skills whatsoever. He will do nothing. His foreign policy or the lack thereof has been a mishmash of blunders, stupidity and gross inaction.
    I can't tell what Republicans want anymore. Send in arms, don't send in arms. Make up your minds please.

  12. #12
    JUB Addict
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    NYC
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,113

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Obama's Red Line In Syria

    All the guys on here who have 18 year old sons --please sign them up and send them into the streets of Syria so they can be blown up, set on fire and dragged thru the streets ----just like in Iraq--and some other places that boots on the ground has really worked for us---since chicken hawk bush stirred up the hornets nest that is the middle east---this is the mess we have---.

  13. #13

    Re: Obama's Red Line In Syria

    The 'red line' was Obama's idea not anyone else.

    Now he is unsure about the whole chemical weapon issue. Wouldn't even use the phase during his presser today.

    ... I guess he's evolving.

    Maybe the tough talk from last year will turn in to full support for Assad next week.

    Maybe Congress made him say 'red line' last year.

    FORWARD LEAN FORWARD EVOLVE

  14. #14

    Re: Obama's Red Line In Syria

    The current president is a weak man. Every leader in the middle east knows it. He bows to Saudi kings, for crying out loud.

    I think part of it is the unmistakable reaction to the fact he is a black man. In Arabic culture that doesn't mean very much. The Arabic word connoting a black man literally means servant or slave.
    Only government can take perfectly good paper, cover it with perfectly good ink and make the combination worthless.

  15. #15
    Likes cock.
    ChickenGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Brighton, England
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    5,205

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Obama's Red Line In Syria

    I fail to see why what worked so effectively in Libya can't be done in Syria.

    It does NOT require a full-scale invasion, it does NOT require troops on the ground.

    All you need is the U.S./Britain/France to send in air sorties from carriers and ships offshore, with precise targeting of installations, knocking out the airfields and the heavy artillery. Within weeks, the tide would be turned. Within a month or two, the regime would probably collapse.

    The real disgusting players in all of this are Russia and China, who are providing cover at the UN to prevent any of this from happening. I'm a strong advocate for a FAR tougher line on those two countries, it's ridiculous how much the U.S. and Europe constantly panders to them.

  16. #16
    JockBoy87
    Guest

    Re: Obama's Red Line In Syria

    Quote Originally Posted by Durango95 View Post
    The current president is a weak man. Every leader in the middle east knows it. He bows to Saudi kings, for crying out loud.

    I think part of it is the unmistakable reaction to the fact he is a black man. In Arabic culture that doesn't mean very much. The Arabic word connoting a black man literally means servant or slave.
    There is only one king of Saudi Arabia and Obama did it only one time. I doubt so much you have intimate knowledge of protocol in 204 different countries yourself.

  17. #17

    Re: Obama's Red Line In Syria

    The right wing fringe in this thread thinks Obama is wrong.

    Imagine that....

    added:

    Let's get this on record. Springer, what do you think President Obama should do in this situation that you would approve of? What would please you?
    Last edited by CowboyBob; April 30th, 2013 at 04:07 PM.

  18. #18

    Re: Obama's Red Line In Syria

    Quote Originally Posted by ChickenGuy View Post
    I fail to see why what worked so effectively in Libya can't be done in Syria.

    It does NOT require a full-scale invasion, it does NOT require troops on the ground.

    All you need is the U.S./Britain/France to send in air sorties from carriers and ships offshore, with precise targeting of installations, knocking out the airfields and the heavy artillery. Within weeks, the tide would be turned. Within a month or two, the regime would probably collapse.

    The real disgusting players in all of this are Russia and China, who are providing cover at the UN to prevent any of this from happening. I'm a strong advocate for a FAR tougher line on those two countries, it's ridiculous how much the U.S. and Europe constantly panders to them.
    The 'Libya solution' may have worked in the beginning but the war is too ingrained in every segment of the country now. If left to continue it could easily spread throughout the region.

    The US continues to crouch from behind.

  19. #19
    Sex God tigerfan482's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Columbia
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    862

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Obama's Red Line In Syria

    I believe what the President actually said was that he wanted all of the facts before committing to a decision on what to do about Syria. You know, something George W. should have done before sending people into Iraq. It's easy to gamble with other peoples' children and make decisions where you won't be part of the implementation. For all we know, Syrian rebels used small amounts of chemical agents to try to drag us into the war for their side.

    Going to war is something that should be well considered and researched and not rushed into.

    However, it does appear that this New Yorker piece is more truth than satire.
    http://www.newyorker.com/online/blog...-in-syria.html

  20. #20

    Re: Obama's Red Line In Syria

    Quote Originally Posted by tigerfan482 View Post
    I believe what the President actually said was that he wanted all of the facts before committing to a decision on what to do about Syria. You know, something George W. should have done before sending people into Iraq. It's easy to gamble with other peoples' children and make decisions where you won't be part of the implementation. For all we know, Syrian rebels used small amounts of chemical agents to try to drag us into the war for their side.

    Going to war is something that should be well considered and researched and not rushed into.

    However, it does appear that this New Yorker piece is more truth than satire.
    http://www.newyorker.com/online/blog...-in-syria.html
    I agree, you should know all the facts. However, what the President did today was ignore what he said in the past -- he changed the rules and did acknowledge he changed his rules.

    Iraq went under a fine tooth investigation. Hussein was killing his own people by the thousands with gas -- no questions there.

    You will never be 100% sure of anything -- Obama failed to lead again -- he passed the buck.

  21. #21
    Sex God tigerfan482's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Columbia
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    862

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Obama's Red Line In Syria

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Springer View Post
    I agree, you should know all the facts. However, what the President did today was ignore what he said in the past -- he changed the rules and did acknowledge he changed his rules.

    Iraq went under a fine tooth investigation. Hussein was killing his own people by the thousands with gas -- no questions there.

    You will never be 100% sure of anything -- Obama failed to lead again -- he passed the buck.
    Actually, I think he is being a strong leader by waiting to find out the facts and approaching any kind of participation in this civil war cautiously. A poor leader would rush in because some group is trying to push him to do so.

    I would argue that it is not our job to police the internal activities of a sovereign country. If they're producing terrorists that are attacking us, then we should do something to defend ourselves. If they're killing their own people, as unfortunate as that may be, it's not our problem.

    Also, can you provide some quotes to support your claims of the President changing the rules, acknowledging such, or even failing to lead?

  22. #22
    Execuvette Rolyo85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Boystown, Chicago
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    8,921

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Obama's Red Line In Syria

    Quote Originally Posted by Durango95 View Post
    The current president is a weak effeminate man without any leadership skills whatsoever. He will do nothing. His foreign policy or the lack thereof has been a mishmash of blunders, stupidity and gross inaction.
    Wait, did everyone else seriously let a supposedly homosexual man INSULT the president of the US with "effeminate"? Gotta marvel at the neanderthal mentality... With gays like these, who needs homophobes?
    That we are capable only of being what we are, remains our unforgivable sin.
    - Gene Wolfe

  23. #23
    Porn Star Zu-Mendel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Tampa
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    473

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Obama's Red Line In Syria

    WTF is it with Republicans who claim we're have no money to provide American citizens with any of the benefits that every other civilized nation enjoys, yet they always seem to find some change in between the couch cushions whenever they have the opportunity to blow up some brown people.

    If we don't have the money for universal healthcare, then we sure as hell don't have the money for any more voluntary wars of adventure.
    If you can't be part of the solution, there is plenty of money to be made being a part of the problem.

  24. #24
    JUB 10k Club
    CTF's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    El corazón de Tejas
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Dating
    Posts
    20,054
    Blog Entries
    23

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Obama's Red Line In Syria

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Springer View Post
    I agree, you should know all the facts. However, what the President did today was ignore what he said in the past -- he changed the rules and did acknowledge he changed his rules.
    Or campaigned for/on and or campaigned against back in '08.

    I'm with you.

    Iraq went under a fine tooth investigation. Hussein was killing his own people by the thousands with gas -- no questions there.
    After the fact, and after no WMD's were found, and, and, and...

    A case against an "oppressor" can ALWAYS be made after the fact.

    But no.

    What President Obama did today is from a completely different play book.

    Which sets him apart from Bush...though only slightly.

    He told the Syrian people, essentially, we're going sanction Corporate Warfare on your country, and on your own behalf, and each of you can pay the highest bid for your own protection.

    It's Fast and Furious, without our Government's oversight, and a Republican Warhawk's wet dream.

    Meanwhile Tim Tebow got released from the New York Jets, and Dancing With the Stars hasn't announced a winner yet.

    You will never be 100% sure of anything -- Obama failed to lead again -- he passed the buck.
    I hear a lot of '15 percenters' bitching about Obama, but I see a lot of "head in the sand" when Obama continues along with his predecessors policies.

    Oh that's right, GW "kept us safe" <insert nipple tweaking emoticon>

    Last edited by CTF; April 30th, 2013 at 06:44 PM. Reason: a sweety found the emoticon that I was looking for
    Never regret anything, because in that moment it's exactly what you wanted.

  25. #25
    still gluten free chrisrobin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    8,240

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Obama's Red Line In Syria

    Quote Originally Posted by Zu-Mendel View Post
    WTF is it with Republicans who claim we're have no money to provide American citizens with any of the benefits that every other civilized nation enjoys, yet they always seem to find some change in between the couch cushions whenever they have the opportunity to blow up some brown people.

    If we don't have the money for universal healthcare, then we sure as hell don't have the money for any more voluntary wars of adventure.
    A Republicon solution:

    1. Invade Syria
    2. Pay for it by cutting Social Security, Medicare and Medicaid.


  26. #26

    Re: Obama's Red Line In Syria

    Quote Originally Posted by Durango95 View Post
    The current president is a weak effeminate man without any leadership skills whatsoever. He will do nothing. His foreign policy or the lack thereof has been a mishmash of blunders, stupidity and gross inaction.
    Quote Originally Posted by Benvolio View Post
    Is a bluff. He will nothing except talk, just as he has decided to allow Iran to get the bomb.
    Indeed! Even with what used to be solid alliances, he has managed to weaken American strength and influence.

  27. #27
    Sex God tigerfan482's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Columbia
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    862

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Obama's Red Line In Syria

    Quote Originally Posted by Nick4444 View Post
    Indeed! Even with what used to be solid alliances, he has managed to weaken American strength and influence.
    Which alliances?

  28. #28

    Re: Obama's Red Line In Syria

    Quote Originally Posted by chrisrobin View Post
    A Republicon solution:

    1. Invade Syria
    2. Pay for it by cutting Social Security, Medicare and Medicaid.
    The keyboard warriors have all the solutions while they sit in the comfort of their home.

    The loudest critics are the ones living on the government tit when they feel the pain of budget cuts.

  29. #29

    Re: Obama's Red Line In Syria

    You're kidding, I hope!
    Relations with the UK have been strained (and he has insulted them in several ways); Relations with Israel, and Prime Minister Netanyanhu have likewise been strained, and Israel's core security concerns made graver, as have Poland's in his machinations with Russia; Japan and India feel he is more concerned with coddling up to China than strengthening relations with them; India feels less secure because he has failed to do anything about Pakistan's internal fanatics; Worldwide he has sided with human rights violators at the expense of human rights advocates (witness his siding with Chavez and Castro against President Jose Manuel Zelaya); Tibetans feel betrayed, and indeed are; Moderate Egyptians have been marginalized and ousted from effectiveness by his active encouragement of the Muslim Brotherhood; Turkey and Brazil are now pursuing policies inimical to American interests, something we would never have seen under previous Presidents ...

    There is A LOT more, but I begin to tire and grow angrier
    Last edited by Nick4444; April 30th, 2013 at 06:57 PM.

  30. #30
    JUB 10k Club
    CTF's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    El corazón de Tejas
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Dating
    Posts
    20,054
    Blog Entries
    23

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Obama's Red Line In Syria

    Quote Originally Posted by Nick4444 View Post
    You're kidding, I hope!
    Relations with the UK have been strained (and he has insulted them in several ways); Relations with Israel, and Prime Minister Netanyanhu have likewise been strained, and Israel's core security concerns made graver, as have Poland's in his machinations with Russia; Japan and India feel he is more concerned with coddling up to China than strengthening relations with them; India feels less secure because he has failed to do anything about Pakistan's internal fanatics; Worldwide he has sided with human rights violators at the expense of human rights advocates (witness his siding with Chavez and Castro against President Jose Manuel Zelaya); Tibetans feel betrayed, and indeed are; Moderate Egyptians have been marginalized and ousted from effectiveness by his active encouragement of the Muslim Brotherhood; Turkey and Brazil are now pursuing policies inimical to American interests, something we would never have seen under previous Presidents ...

    There is A LOT more, but I begin to tire and grow angrier
    Yeah, but when they're not picking up the tab it's always easier to bitch about the "service" the "waitstaff" the "management."

    When it comes to "American Diplomacy" I'd prefer the McDonald's approach; "More than a Billion SERVED."

    As opposed to a few whiny asses bitching about the fries.

    Because even the warlords in the area want the "combo meal."

    And that analogy, and what's going on in Syria is why I don't support Obama on this.

    I can't see any good coming out of it, either long term or short term.
    Never regret anything, because in that moment it's exactly what you wanted.

  31. #31

    Re: Obama's Red Line In Syria

    Quote Originally Posted by chrisrobin View Post
    A Republicon solution:

    1. Invade Syria
    2. Pay for it by cutting Social Security, Medicare and Medicaid.
    Who said anything about invading Syria.

    However, the US could pay for it by creating a climate for job growth -- a climate that helps business leaders see a firm direction for the future. More people would be employed -- more money to spend on just about everything including the debt.

  32. #32
    Sex God tigerfan482's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Columbia
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    862

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Obama's Red Line In Syria

    Quote Originally Posted by Nick4444 View Post
    You're kidding, I hope!
    Relations with the UK have been strained (and he has insulted them in several ways); Relations with Israel, and Prime Minister Netanyanhu have likewise been strained, and Israel's core security concerns made graver, as have Poland's in his machinations with Russia; Japan and India feel he is more concerned with coddling up to China than strengthening relations with them; India feels less secure because he has failed to do anything about Pakistan's internal fanatics; Worldwide he has sided with human rights violators at the expense of human rights advocates (witness his siding with Chavez and Castro against President Jose Manuel Zelaya); Tibetans feel betrayed, and indeed are; Moderate Egyptians have been marginalized and ousted from effectiveness by his active encouragement of the Muslim Brotherhood; Turkey and Brazil are now pursuing policies inimical to American interests, something we would never have seen under previous Presidents ...

    There is A LOT more, but I begin to tire and grow angrier
    Do you have anything to back any of that up? I work in government and my daily experience contradicts about half of what you claim, with the other half being a bunch of BS. Just because countries don't check-in with the US before pursuing something on their own doesn't mean relations are strained or degrading. Relations are actually stronger with most of our allies because the US hasn't stuck its nose in business that does not concern it.

    So no, I'm not kidding. I'm hoping you are the one who is kidding considering your list seems to be a list of things the US has or has not done paired up with YOUR personal beliefs on how that affects the relationships we have with allies because in truth, our alliances remain strong where strong alliances have historically existed.

  33. #33
    ecce digitus
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Partnered
    Posts
    33,551

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Obama's Red Line In Syria

    Jesus.

    Left to Springer, Benvolio and Durango....the US would go in guns blazing.

    And weak and effeminate....how fucking offensive. Particularly on this site. The righties argumants in this thread are about one thing and one thing only. They hate the black guy in the oval office.

  34. #34

    Re: Obama's Red Line In Syria

    Quote Originally Posted by rareboy View Post
    Jesus.

    Left to Springer, Benvolio and Durango....the US would go in guns blazing.

    And weak and effeminate....how fucking offensive. Particularly on this site. The righties argumants in this thread are about one thing and one thing only. They hate the black guy in the oval office.
    You assume too much. I'm sorry you're so thin skinned about being gay that the use of the word effeminate is a problem for you. Some psychotherapy might be helpful. I don't care about the man's race. This doesn't have anything to do with his race. No, I wouldn't put a single U.S. serviceman in harm's way for those people. There isn't a single American life that should be lost for ten thousand of those people. The point is when a president says something he needs to follow through on it otherwise he comes across as an incompetent fool.

    I love the left. With this guy they always fall back on the race thing. I don't believe there is such a thing as racism. It is a word manufactured and prodigiously used by socialist elitists to incite discord. Besides even if the word were valid there are worse things than being a racist like one of those people that has 11 items in the 10 item express lane at the grocery store.
    Only government can take perfectly good paper, cover it with perfectly good ink and make the combination worthless.

  35. #35

    Re: Obama's Red Line In Syria

    Quote Originally Posted by rareboy View Post
    Jesus.

    Left to Springer, Benvolio and Durango....the US would go in guns blazing.

    And weak and effeminate....how fucking offensive. Particularly on this site. The righties argumants in this thread are about one thing and one thing only. They hate the black guy in the oval office.
    That's all you have ... the race card. Sad.

  36. #36

    Re: Obama's Red Line In Syria

    Quote Originally Posted by Durango95 View Post
    You assume too much. I'm sorry you're so thin skinned about being gay that the use of the word effeminate is a problem for you. Some psychotherapy might be helpful. I don't care about the man's race. This doesn't have anything to do with his race. No, I wouldn't put a single U.S. serviceman in harm's way for those people. There isn't a single American life that should be lost for ten thousand of those people. The point is when a president says something he needs to follow through on it otherwise he comes across as an incompetent fool.

    I love the left. With this guy they always fall back on the race thing. I don't believe there is such a thing as racism. It is a word manufactured and prodigiously used by socialist elitists to incite discord. Besides even if the word were valid there are worse things than being a racist like one of those people that has 11 items in the 10 item express lane at the grocery store.
    Holy shit! Are you for real?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Springer View Post
    That's all you have ... the race card. Sad.
    justapixel lives!

  37. #37
    Banned chance1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NYC
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    21,386

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Obama's Red Line In Syria

    As usual the 85 deflect the real issue

    When Obama says x - don't u expect him to act on it ?

    He said chemical weapons .......

    And now it's happened

    I don't know if we should get involved

    But we shouldn't say we would then not

    That makes our enemies and allies wary of our authenticity

    And some of the 85 should actually read what's going on before auto piloting to Obama's "defense"

    Words mean something especially those of the POTUS

    That's not an Obama thing

    Wake up all u blind followers

  38. #38
    Know thyself kallipolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Piraeus, Greece
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Partnered
    Posts
    11,439

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Obama's Red Line In Syria

    ^The Dollar 20,000 question is which side made use of chemical weapons and, before jumping to conclusions we are very well aware there is no clear dividing line between the good guys and, the bad guys just the vested interests of neighbouring states including Israel, Saudi Arabia, UAE, Oman with the further thought that no Western nation is particularly interested in putting boots on the ground - except those special forces from the ........ ........ providing military "support" to specific rebel factions.

    PS I neglected to mention that Iran is also providing specialised troop support and material support to maintain their ally in power. I am sure that Assad has already made arrangements to flee Syria when the going, approaches the collapse of his power base.
    Last edited by kallipolis; May 1st, 2013 at 08:04 AM.

  39. #39

    Re: Obama's Red Line In Syria

    Side stepping the issue at hand is not the topic of this thread.

    Obama placed a 'red line' --- last August Obama drew a line in the sand where he said he would act.

    He now ignores what he said last August. His administration last week said there was proof of chemical weapons ... and now he backtracks -- says he wants more proof.

    Why did his administration say there was proof?

    Is he saying his administration lied?

    Tough questions for the 85%.

  40. #40

    Re: Obama's Red Line In Syria

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Springer View Post
    Side stepping the issue at hand is not the topic of this thread.

    Obama placed a 'red line' --- last August Obama drew a line in the sand where he said he would act.

    He now ignores what he said last August. His administration last week said there was proof of chemical weapons ... and now he backtracks -- says he wants more proof.

    Why did his administration say there was proof?

    Is he saying his administration lied?

    Tough questions for the 85%.

    How's tricks, pixie?

  41. #41
    Know thyself kallipolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Piraeus, Greece
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Partnered
    Posts
    11,439

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Obama's Red Line In Syria

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Springer View Post
    Side stepping the issue at hand is not the topic of this thread.

    Obama placed a 'red line' --- last August Obama drew a line in the sand where he said he would act.

    He now ignores what he said last August. His administration last week said there was proof of chemical weapons ... and now he backtracks -- says he wants more proof.

    Why did his administration say there was proof?

    Is he saying his administration lied?

    Tough questions for the 85%.
    Clearly President Obama is not going to repeat the mistakes of President George W. Bush when he ordered an invasion of Iraq on the apparent assumption that Saddam possessed weapons of mass destruction.

  42. #42
    Do I dare to eat a peach?
    palbert's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Coastal Downeast Maine
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    10,948

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Obama's Red Line In Syria

    Quote Originally Posted by kallipolis View Post
    Clearly President Obama is not going to repeat the mistakes of President George W. Bush when he ordered an invasion of Iraq on the apparent assumption that Saddam possessed weapons of mass destruction.
    But, kallipolis, is he setting us up for another Somalia or Rwanda? You are closer than we are. What is your take on the situation?

    Recognize too that we are already over there with humanitarian (most of it unrecognized).

  43. #43

    Re: Obama's Red Line In Syria

    Quote Originally Posted by kallipolis View Post
    Clearly President Obama is not going to repeat the mistakes of President George W. Bush when he ordered an invasion of Iraq on the apparent assumption that Saddam possessed weapons of mass destruction.
    Why did he talk tough last August if he did not plan to take any action?

    A US President cannot afford to be wishywashy.

  44. #44
    of the 99%
    Just_Believe18's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    9,207

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Obama's Red Line In Syria

    Quote Originally Posted by Durango95 View Post
    I love the left. With this guy they always fall back on the race thing. I don't believe there is such a thing as racism. It is a word manufactured and prodigiously used by socialist elitists to incite discord. Besides even if the word were valid there are worse things than being a racist like one of those people that has 11 items in the 10 item express lane at the grocery store.
    If you don't believe there's racism, Durango, then you are a fucking racist.





    #439th oldest member on JUB.

  45. #45
    Know thyself kallipolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Piraeus, Greece
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Partnered
    Posts
    11,439

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Obama's Red Line In Syria

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Springer View Post
    Why did he talk tough last August if he did not plan to take any action?

    A US President cannot afford to be wishywashy.
    President Obama is a wise man who acts when there is good reason to take appropriate action. And not until then.

  46. #46

    Re: Obama's Red Line In Syria

    It still doesn't explain his actions last year.

    Sounds more a like someone who can't decide what shirt to wear to a party and then tells everyone they always knew what they were going to wear.

  47. #47
    Know thyself kallipolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Piraeus, Greece
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Partnered
    Posts
    11,439

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Obama's Red Line In Syria

    Quote Originally Posted by palbert View Post
    But, kallipolis, is he setting us up for another Somalia or Rwanda? You are closer than we are. What is your take on the situation?

    Recognize too that we are already over there with humanitarian (most of it unrecognized).
    There is no enthusiasm on the part of any Western government to become heavily involved in Syria apart from tactical support for specific rebel factions friendly to Western interests.

    It is hoped that the rebel factions will eventually wear down Assad's forces sufficiently to force Assad to flee Syria leaving the remnant of his government to negotiate a deal with the rebel alliance leading to peace and the creation of an interim government representing a broad consensus for we should appreciate that Syria remains a tribal society with many factions to satisfy.

  48. #48
    Know thyself kallipolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Piraeus, Greece
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Partnered
    Posts
    11,439

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Obama's Red Line In Syria

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Springer View Post
    It still doesn't explain his actions last year.

    Sounds more a like someone who can't decide what shirt to wear to a party and then tells everyone they always knew what they were going to wear.
    You are spitting into the wind.

    No intelligent head of government is going to commit troops to a civil war in a tribal society where many different factions are fighting one another without a specific strategy and exit plan. Matters in Syria are far too fluid to justify an invasion per Iraq. Current Western policy would appear to support a strategy that supplies equipment to specific rebel factions that are friendly to Western interests.

  49. #49

    Re: Obama's Red Line In Syria

    I'm thankful we have a President who isn't a reactionary. He thinks things out before he would put American kids into harm's way. Too bad his predecessor didn't do the same. There would be 4,500 Americans still alive.

  50. #50

    Re: Obama's Red Line In Syria

    Quote Originally Posted by Just_Believe18 View Post
    If you don't believe there's racism, Durango, then you are a fucking racist.
    Apparently you don't understand. Calling me a racist is tantamount to calling me a dragon slayer or unicorn cowboy.

    I'll bet you bring 12 items into the 10 item express line at the grocery store, so you're worse.
    Only government can take perfectly good paper, cover it with perfectly good ink and make the combination worthless.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | About JustUsBoys.com | Site Map | RSS | Webmasters | Advertise | Link to JUB | Report A Bug on this Page

Visit our sister sites: Broke Straight Boys | CollegeDudes.com | CollegeBoyPhysicals.com | RocketTube
All models appearing on JustUsBoys.com were over 18 at the time of photography. The records for sexually explicit images required by U.S. 2257 are kept by the
individual producers of the images. The location of the records is available by clicking the Custodian of Records link at the bottom of each gallery page.
© 2012 JustUsBoys.com. The JustUsBoys.com name and logo are registered trademarks. Labeled with ICRA and RTA. Member of ASACP and The Free Speech Coalition.