JustUsBoys.com gay porn forum

logo

remove these banner ads by becoming a JUB Supporter.

Results 1 to 23 of 23
  1. #1
    JUB Addict Lostlover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    United States
    Status
    Partnered
    Posts
    10,286

    Code of Conduct

    GOP Arizona Senator, Matt Salmon: Even though my son is gay, I don't support gay marriage

    This is what mormons would do to your country, your state, your city and your community; cut off their noses to spite their faces.

    We were this close to having a mormon president.

    http://www.usatoday.com/story/onpoli...e-son/2043165/

    Mormons are something else. They're nice to you if they think you're a mormon and toss you aside once they figure you aren't. If that sounds bigoted to you, you've never dealt with mormons.

    And get this: Salmon's son is a log cabin republican. Can you say "Daddy issues"?
    Last edited by Lostlover; April 1st, 2013 at 09:39 PM.
    "Rarely do we find men who willingly engage in hard solid thinking. There is an almost universal quest for easy answers and half-baked solutions. Nothing pains some people more than having to think.'' - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

  2. #2
    Rambunctiously Pugnacious JayHawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    River Quay - KC
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    24,226

    Code of Conduct

    Re: GOP Arizona Senator, Matt Salmon: Even though my son is gay, I don't support gay marriage

    That is an awesome description of the conservatives who would deny gay marriage... these folks make it easy to hate them
    Everyone can be great, because everyone can serve.
    ~ Martin Luther King, Jr.


  3. #3
    JUB Addict MystikWizard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Baltimore
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    6,697

    Code of Conduct

    Re: GOP Arizona Senator, Matt Salmon: Even though my son is gay, I don't support gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Lostlover View Post
    This is what mormons would do to your country, your state, your city and your community; cut off their noses to spite their faces.

    We were this close to having a mormon president.

    http://www.usatoday.com/story/onpoli...e-son/2043165/

    Mormons are something else. They're nice to you if they think you're a mormon and toss you aside once they figure you aren't. If that sounds bigoted to you, you've never dealt with mormons.

    And get this: Salmon's son is a log cabin republican. Can you say "Daddy issues"?
    The title of the thread is exactly what my own parents' position is.

    "It wasn't what God intended" is their rationale.
    Telling it like it is.

  4. #4
    JUB Addict Lostlover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    United States
    Status
    Partnered
    Posts
    10,286

    Code of Conduct

    Re: GOP Arizona Senator, Matt Salmon: Even though my son is gay, I don't support gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by MystikWizard View Post
    The title of the thread is exactly what my own parents' position is.

    "It wasn't what God intended" is their rationale.
    Do your parents also believe that being gay is a choice, like Salmon here?

    And, no offense to your parents, but that's pure evil. Do you like them?
    Last edited by Lostlover; April 1st, 2013 at 10:06 PM.
    "Rarely do we find men who willingly engage in hard solid thinking. There is an almost universal quest for easy answers and half-baked solutions. Nothing pains some people more than having to think.'' - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

  5. #5
    JUB Addict Ninja108's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Partnered
    Posts
    62,054

    Code of Conduct

    Re: GOP Arizona Senator, Matt Salmon: Even though my son is gay, I don't support gay marriage

    I believe that reason is why Salmon and Kent Flake are no longer dating,despite many of these reports saying otherwise. They have online profiles and it seems Kent isn't willing to shut up about being a second class citizen to appease his family like Matt sadly is.
    As for Matt Sr.,we sadly this story played out over and over again in the face of our homeless LGBT youth and many Republicians who have pushed gay marriage bans.
    Having a relative who is LGBT changes nothing to them,nothing at all.

  6. #6
    Oranje rareboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Partnered
    Posts
    32,477

    Code of Conduct

    Re: GOP Arizona Senator, Matt Salmon: Even though my son is gay, I don't support gay marriage

    Some parents are ignorant douche bags. And Republicans. And Senators.

    Like Salmon.

  7. #7
    Slut
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Partnered
    Posts
    269

    Code of Conduct

    Re: GOP Arizona Senator, Matt Salmon: Even though my son is gay, I don't support gay marriage

    I'd be curious to know what role, if any, the Rep's wife/son's mother has/had in dealing with this issue.

  8. #8
    Oranje rareboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Partnered
    Posts
    32,477

    Code of Conduct

    Re: GOP Arizona Senator, Matt Salmon: Even though my son is gay, I don't support gay marriage

    It is a poor mother that wouldn't speak up for her own son if she felt differently than sperm donor who got her pregnant. since she is remaining silent (unless she's dead, in a coma or institutionalized) one has to assume that she agrees with her husband on this issue.

  9. #9
    JUB Addict Ninja108's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Partnered
    Posts
    62,054

    Code of Conduct

    Re: GOP Arizona Senator, Matt Salmon: Even though my son is gay, I don't support gay marriage

    She does actually. THey both have contributed a LOT of money to anti-gay groups. I don't believe Matt and Kent are still together and if you look online,you can see Matt's writings where he bascially gives his parents love they don't need or deserve.
    Thank goodness it never came to that for me but if my family couldn't love me for who I was..I would have cut them out of my lives. I did that with a few "friends" and a couple of second cousins.
    My bf goes where I go,end of story.
    Last edited by Ninja108; April 2nd, 2013 at 04:59 AM.

  10. #10
    JUB Addict Ninja108's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Partnered
    Posts
    62,054

    Code of Conduct

    Re: GOP Arizona Senator, Matt Salmon: Even though my son is gay, I don't support gay marriage

    http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...riage/?hpid=z4

    Reading this article,easy to see why Matt and Kent broke up. Father or not,I'd be damned to support someone who will limit my rights and date someone who makes excuses for his families's bigotry and would expect me to do the same.
    When my bf and I first started dated,most of our family members were supportive but a couple weren't. We simply put our foots down and told them to take us or leave us,period.
    Sad in a way though,they had dated as teens and got back together after both went through ex-gay therapy.
    It appears Matt is still suffering effects from that. One can read his blog and see how much self-loathing he has for himself,despite his It Gets Better video etc. My guess is Kent got tired of it and if you go to his facebook page,you'll see he has a new boyfriend.
    One can only wonder what their future would have been if they had simply been accepted for who they were.
    Last edited by Ninja108; April 2nd, 2013 at 05:49 AM.

  11. #11
    JUB Addict chrisrobin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    8,002

    Code of Conduct

    Re: GOP Arizona Senator, Matt Salmon: Even though my son is gay, I don't support gay marriage

    .
    In the movie The Laramie Project a young actor was going to play Matt Shepard in a local dramatization of what happened to Matt. The actor's parents found out and threatened to throw him out of the house. The actor in question had just completed a run playing Macbeth - who murdered a whole bunch of people. He was so frustrated that his parents didn't mind him playing a murderer, but were offended when he was going to play a homosexual. By the way, the actor wasn't gay. Go figure.

    Why should anyone have to know anything? - Sheldon Cooper

  12. #12
    GiancarloC
    Guest

    Re: GOP Arizona Senator, Matt Salmon: Even though my son is gay, I don't support gay marriage

    Yea... I've read this story a few times over so I wasn't missing anything. The part of Sen. Salmon's son being a log cabin republican is a red flag for me and one reason I personally wouldn't date the guy. I can see why Flake got tired of the charade.

    On a personal note, my dad and I oppose each other sharply on many issues... and my dad did vote for Romney in the last election. I will not compromise my own viewpoints just to appease my family. I know who I am. Maybe Matt (Senator's son) is actually suffering and trying to stay close to his family... I get that... but Ninja108 is correct. The guy does seem to have a great deal of self loathing. He kinda reminds me of certain right wingers on here after reading his blog.

    It's sad Matt's family and own father couldn't accept him and his boyfriend... and I mean genuinely accept him.

  13. #13
    JUB Addict MystikWizard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Baltimore
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    6,697

    Code of Conduct

    Re: GOP Arizona Senator, Matt Salmon: Even though my son is gay, I don't support gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Lostlover View Post
    Do your parents also believe that being gay is a choice, like Salmon here?

    And, no offense to your parents, but that's pure evil. Do you like them?
    I don't know the answer to whether my parents think being gay is a choice or not. I truly don't know. They say "no, we don't think it is" ... but it is said in a very unconvincing manner.

    They are so blinded by the Book, hardcore Evangelicals to the core. I am the oldest of three brothers and my middle brother is the same. My youngest is an atheist.

    But even if they do believe that it isn't a choice, they still default back to the other famous argument "well, orientation may not be a choice, but you still have a choice of whether you act on your urges or not. God simply does not approve of Gay Marriage".

    They put up a brick wall when it comes to religion, and I am sure I was a huge monkey wrench that caused them to struggle with their views. But the Book wins out in the end.

    How do I deal with them? We basically don't talk about religion or homosexuality much at all.

    They do feel that people that discriminate against Gays are wrong to do so, but they don't go real far out on the Gay Rights limb.
    Last edited by MystikWizard; April 2nd, 2013 at 05:15 PM.
    Telling it like it is.

  14. #14
    JUB Addict CoolBlue71's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    State of Michigan
    Posts
    1,921

    Code of Conduct

    Re: GOP Arizona Senator, Matt Salmon: Even though my son is gay, I don't support gay marriage

    This is a great example why it is foolish for anyone who is gay or lesbian or bisexual or transgender to generally support the Republican party.

  15. #15
    JUB Addict Lostlover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    United States
    Status
    Partnered
    Posts
    10,286

    Code of Conduct

    Re: GOP Arizona Senator, Matt Salmon: Even though my son is gay, I don't support gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by MystikWizard View Post
    I don't know the answer to whether my parents think being gay is a choice or not. I truly don't know. They say "no, we don't think it is" ... but it is said in a very unconvincing manner.

    They are so blinded by the Book, hardcore Evangelicals to the core. I am the oldest of three brothers and my middle brother is the same. My youngest is an atheist.

    But even if they do believe that it isn't a choice, they still default back to the other famous argument "well, orientation may not be a choice, but you still have a choice of whether you act on your urges or not. God simply does not approve of Gay Marriage".

    They put up a brick wall when it comes to religion, and I am sure I was a huge monkey wrench that caused them to struggle with their views. But the Book wins out in the end.

    How do I deal with them? We basically don't talk about religion or homosexuality much at all.

    They do feel that people that discriminate against Gays are wrong to do so, but they don't go real far out on the Gay Rights limb.
    Sounds like my uncle, a bible thumper, who encouraged a guy at his church to marry a woman even thought he came out as gay. Fucking bullshit.

    So, let me get this right: two brothers that are gay and one is an atheist? Let me guess: your parents believe God is testing them, don't they?

    You have my sympathies. I think, in your case, your parents don't truly love you unconditionally. That's just my opinion. I call their behavior nice nasty, a southern term. They're worried about your spiritual welfare, but you're still a damn sodomite in their eyes.

    I bet they tell themselves to "love the sinner, not the sin."
    Last edited by Lostlover; April 2nd, 2013 at 06:19 PM.
    "Rarely do we find men who willingly engage in hard solid thinking. There is an almost universal quest for easy answers and half-baked solutions. Nothing pains some people more than having to think.'' - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

  16. #16
    JUB Addict MystikWizard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Baltimore
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    6,697

    Code of Conduct

    Re: GOP Arizona Senator, Matt Salmon: Even though my son is gay, I don't support gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Lostlover View Post
    Sounds like my uncle, a bible thumper, who encouraged a guy at his church to marry a woman even thought he came out as gay. Fucking bullshit.

    So, let me get this right: two brothers that are gay and one is an atheist? Let me guess: your parents believe God is testing them, don't they?

    You have my sympathies. I think, in your case, your parents don't truly love you unconditionally. That's just my opinion. I call their behavior nice nasty, a southern term. They're worried about your spiritual welfare, but you're still a damn sodomite in their eyes.

    I bet they tell themselves to "love the sinner, not the sin."
    Well, there are a total of three brothers. I am the oldest of the three. However, I am adopted. The other two are fraternal twins that were born biologically to my parents.

    Both of my brothers are straight and married. The youngest is an atheist. The middle brother is as big a bible thumper as my parents, and in many ways is more so.

    The words actually came out of his mouth that he "still loves me, even though he may not agree with some of the things I do". I told him that this was one of the most ignorant things I have ever heard come out of his mouth. None of us are really all that close ... not even me and the youngest brother who is the atheist. Although, he does support full gay rights.
    Telling it like it is.

  17. #17
    JUB Addict Ninja108's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Partnered
    Posts
    62,054

    Code of Conduct

    Re: GOP Arizona Senator, Matt Salmon: Even though my son is gay, I don't support gay marriage

    Sad to say GiancarloC but I imagine the years of conversion therapy took their toll on him. Not to mention the fact he's so desperate for the love of his family he's willing to give up his own happiness to do it.
    I feel sympathy for what he went through and what he's given up since then in a futile attempt to get his family to accept and love him.
    My sympathy only goes so far however. If my family couldn't accept me for who I was like my bf's family did,as painful as it would have been,I would have cut them out. ANd I'd be damned if I supported a father who told me he was going to vote on every anti-gay bill he could while telling me he loves me.
    At some point,Matt is going to realize (most of them do) all the time he wasted in this futile quest. ANd what he gave up in the meantime.
    I don't blame Kent one bit for breaking up though. It's painful but if someone wants to be a self-loather,it's time for you to move on to someone else.

  18. #18
    JUB Addict CoolBlue71's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    State of Michigan
    Posts
    1,921

    Code of Conduct

    Re: GOP Arizona Senator, Matt Salmon: Even though my son is gay, I don't support gay marriage

    It kinds of reminds me of an episode of NBC's Law & Order: Special Victims Unit called "Abomination." It dates back to 2003 and casts George Segal as an advocate for "sexual re-education" who has a son [Jonathan Tucker] who is homosexual. The son's lover is the murder victim. Great episode.

    http://www.hulu.com/#!watch/225858#i0,p6,s5,d0

  19. #19
    JUB Addict Ninja108's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Partnered
    Posts
    62,054

    Code of Conduct

    Re: GOP Arizona Senator, Matt Salmon: Even though my son is gay, I don't support gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by CoolBlue71 View Post
    It kinds of reminds me of an episode of NBC's Law & Order: Special Victims Unit called "Abomination." It dates back to 2003 and casts George Segal as an advocate for "sexual re-education" who has a son [Jonathan Tucker] who is homosexual. The son's lover is the murder victim. Great episode.

    http://www.hulu.com/#!watch/225858#i0,p6,s5,d0
    Law & Order SVU has done several great episodes on LGBT issues.

  20. #20
    JUB Addict
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    11,488

    Code of Conduct

    Re: GOP Arizona Senator, Matt Salmon: Even though my son is gay, I don't support gay marriage

    So let it be said so let it be written.

  21. #21

    Re: GOP Arizona Senator, Matt Salmon: Even though my son is gay, I don't support gay marriage

    That's what he says publicly but is that how he really feels in private? He could be pandering to his right wing constituents. When you're as red as Arizona the republicans compete to see who's the most right wing.

  22. #22
    JUB Addict chrisrobin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    8,002

    Code of Conduct

    Re: GOP Arizona Senator, Matt Salmon: Even though my son is gay, I don't support gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by CoolBlue71 View Post
    It kinds of reminds me of an episode of NBC's Law & Order: Special Victims Unit called "Abomination." It dates back to 2003 and casts George Segal as an advocate for "sexual re-education" who has a son [Jonathan Tucker] who is homosexual. The son's lover is the murder victim. Great episode.

    http://www.hulu.com/#!watch/225858#i0,p6,s5,d0
    Thanks for posting this. I saw this episode and it proves that once again that producer Dick Wolf isn't afraid to "grab the bull by the horns."

    Why should anyone have to know anything? - Sheldon Cooper

  23. #23
    JUB Addict Ninja108's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Partnered
    Posts
    62,054

    Code of Conduct

    Re: GOP Arizona Senator, Matt Salmon: Even though my son is gay, I don't support gay marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by CowboyBob View Post
    That's what he says publicly but is that how he really feels in private? He could be pandering to his right wing constituents. When you're as red as Arizona the republicans compete to see who's the most right wing.
    It wouldn't matter to me.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | About JustUsBoys.com | Site Map | RSS | Webmasters | Advertise | Link to JUB | Report A Bug on this Page

Visit our sister sites: Broke Straight Boys | CollegeDudes.com | CollegeBoyPhysicals.com | RocketTube
All models appearing on JustUsBoys.com were over 18 at the time of photography. The records for sexually explicit images required by U.S. 2257 are kept by the
individual producers of the images. The location of the records is available by clicking the Custodian of Records link at the bottom of each gallery page.
© 2012 JustUsBoys.com. The JustUsBoys.com name and logo are registered trademarks. Labeled with ICRA and RTA. Member of ASACP and The Free Speech Coalition.