JustUsBoys.com gay porn forum

logo

remove these banner ads by becoming a JUB Supporter.

Results 1 to 30 of 30
  1. #1
    Huntneo(PT)
    Guest

    Have you or anyone you know ever won a sweepstakes?

    Not me. I've entered a few in my day, and friends and family have done the same. Of course, no one has ever won anything...or been contacted.

    I've always figured they're just advertising/marketing gimmicks for whatever product, service, or whatever is being offered...with no intention of having anyone actually win ANYTHING.

    So...have you or anyone you know actually won any sweepstakes before? I'm mainly talking about the kind you'd find on television or in magazines, etc. Not local newspaper or raffles from your church, etc.

  2. #2
    GiancarloC
    Guest

    Re: Have you or anyone you know ever won a sweepstakes?

    Nope. And I don't know anyone personally who has.

    I did win $100 on a $1 scratcher before... but not really a sweepstakes. I didn't buy a ton more scratchers... just took the money.

  3. #3
    Pianist
    Guest

    Re: Have you or anyone you know ever won a sweepstakes?

    I know a guy from way back who won a substantial amount... and then he disappeared. Really. His friends and family had/have no idea where he went and as far as I know, still don't.

  4. #4
    JUB Addict SaskGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Canada
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    1,679

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Have you or anyone you know ever won a sweepstakes?

    My grandma won big on TV bingo about 35 years ago... she bought a VCR, and a new TV with the winnings! (By the way, the TV is still in service!)
    Other than that, I don't know anyone who won anything, other than a nice bit of cash on the lottery.
    Last edited by SaskGuy; March 18th, 2013 at 08:21 PM.

  5. #5
    Huntneo(PT)
    Guest

    Re: Have you or anyone you know ever won a sweepstakes?

    Quote Originally Posted by GiancarloC View Post
    I did win $100 on a $1 scratcher before... but not really a sweepstakes. I didn't buy a ton more scratchers... just took the money.
    I tried to leave you a comment, but accidentally sent it before I finished. I said that's great--and I don't blame you.
    Most I've ever won from a scratch off was $20.

  6. #6
    GiancarloC
    Guest

    Re: Have you or anyone you know ever won a sweepstakes?

    Quote Originally Posted by Huntneo(PT) View Post
    I tried to leave you a comment, but accidentally sent it before I finished. I said that's great--and I don't blame you.
    Most I've ever won from a scratch off was $20.
    i was pretty shocked... I couldn't believe it. I hardly ever buy scratchers either. It was just very random... done because the scratcher machine was next to Redbox in a grocery store.

  7. #7
    JUB Addict mikey3000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Toronto
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Bisexual
    Status
    Married
    Posts
    3,272

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Have you or anyone you know ever won a sweepstakes?

    My sister's ex-husband's sister and her husband won $6.8 million twenty years back. They fixed up their house, bought a new, big trailer bus thingy and travelled. But she never did fix her teeth. Why is that? I'll never understand people.
    Inspired - but too tired.

  8. #8
    JUB Addicts Orlandude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Orlando
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Available
    Posts
    4,555

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Have you or anyone you know ever won a sweepstakes?

    I know someone who was on Wheel of Fortune on TV and won over $45,000 in cash and prizes, including a car. It is a lady who still lives down the street from me. She told us the taxes will kill you. She almost didn't accept the car because of taxes. What happens is that the amount you win is ADDED to your annual income and taxed. In her case, she made $50,000/year as an accountant and with her winnings on the TV show had to pay taxes on nearly $100,000 (her income plus her winnings).

  9. #9
    Huntneo(PT)
    Guest

    Re: Have you or anyone you know ever won a sweepstakes?

    Quote Originally Posted by Pianist View Post
    I know a guy from way back who won a substantial amount... and then he disappeared. Really. His friends and family had/have no idea where he went and as far as I know, still don't.
    Hmmm...probably thought everyone was going to start hounding him for money. Hope nothing bad happened.

    Quote Originally Posted by SaskGuy View Post
    My grandma won big on TV bingo about 35 years ago... she bought a VCR, and a new TV with the winnings! (By the way, the TV is still in service!)
    Other than that, I don't know anyone who won anything, other than a nice bit of cash on the lottery.
    that's some TV! go grandma!

    Quote Originally Posted by mikey3000 View Post
    My sister's ex-husband's sister and her husband won $6.8 million twenty years back. They fixed up their house, bought a new, big trailer bus thingy and travelled. But she never did fix her teeth. Why is that? I'll never understand people.
    Good for them! I'm jealous.

    and LMAO @ the teeth comment. the shade.

  10. #10
    Huntneo(PT)
    Guest

    Re: Have you or anyone you know ever won a sweepstakes?

    Quote Originally Posted by Orlandude View Post
    I know someone who was on Wheel of Fortune on TV and won over $45,000 in cash and prizes, including a car. It is a lady who still lives down the street from me. She told us the taxes will kill you. She almost didn't accept the car because of taxes. What happens is that the amount you win is ADDED to your annual income and taxed. In her case, she made $50,000/year as an accountant and with her winnings on the TV show had to pay taxes on nearly $100,000 (her income plus her winnings).
    Uh...yeah, it's probably not a popular opinion--but I've always felt that people shouldn't have to pay taxes on things they've WON.

    Shit...if that's the case, I'll tell them "thanks, but no thanks...you can keep the prizes."

  11. #11
    JUB Addict
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    NYC
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,977

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Have you or anyone you know ever won a sweepstakes?

    Quote Originally Posted by mikey3000 View Post
    My sister's ex-husband's sister and her husband won $6.8 million twenty years back. But she never did fix her teeth. Why is that? I'll never understand people.

  12. #12
    I love the way you laugh. Thynight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Gender
    Male
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    7,074

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Have you or anyone you know ever won a sweepstakes?

    I knew a guy that won a flat screen TV when they were new to the market. He however had a lot of free time and entered hundreds if not thousands of sweepstakes each year online.
    I couldn't get my mind off you all day.
    ~~~~ ~~

  13. #13
    JUB Addict RaKroma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The Zoo with NYU
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,595

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Have you or anyone you know ever won a sweepstakes?

    Quote Originally Posted by Huntneo(PT) View Post
    Uh...yeah, it's probably not a popular opinion--but I've always felt that people shouldn't have to pay taxes on things they've WON. Shit...if that's the case, I'll tell them "thanks, but no thanks...you can keep the prizes."
    I think these taxes help the average Joe in our society comprehend of what it feels like having to pay unthinkable amounts of taxes for hard monies people earn every year. People complain having to pay $3000 in federal income tax when the "rich" guy has to pay $50,000+ when in return he doesn't get benefits from the government.

  14. #14

    Re: Have you or anyone you know ever won a sweepstakes?

    My mom won a car back in the 90's...worth something like $12,000

  15. #15

    Re: Have you or anyone you know ever won a sweepstakes?

    knew someone whose mother won $ 50,000 on Publisher's Clearinghouse Sweepstakes , sentencing her and her family to open all every piece of junk mail for the rest of their lives .

  16. #16
    JUB Addict T-Rexx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    4,676

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Have you or anyone you know ever won a sweepstakes?

    I won $2 last week in the state lottery.

  17. #17

    Re: Have you or anyone you know ever won a sweepstakes?

    knew someone else , si charmant single mother who won $ 10,000 on Bingo when she was 17 so whenever money got tight which was not too rare she would get a sort of panicky look and have to go play bingo .

  18. #18
    Grumpy Old Man jft245's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    2,594

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Have you or anyone you know ever won a sweepstakes?

    Never won on a true sweepstakes (sending in entries etc). Have won $1000 on the scratchers in my state several times. Last week I won $1000 on two different tickets within 2 days of each other. Have also won twice on the monthly draw the state lottery does if you enter your non winning tickets, both times gift certificates. Also won some money here on JUB a few years back when they were doing a daily drawing from amongst people who were members at the time, think it was $100.

  19. #19
    JUB Addict
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Curious
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    1,312

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Have you or anyone you know ever won a sweepstakes?

    Kid's WB had a recurring contest where the xth caller would win a prize. I was lucky and won fairly frequently, but the network was cheap so most of the prizes were crap like school supplies or whatnot. However, once in a while they had some good prizes like premier movie tickets. I got to see Pokémon the First Movie for free this way. But then they added a rule stating that only kids under 13 could enter. Discriminating assholes.

    As for lotteries or contests where you send in entries, no I have not.

  20. #20
    Huntneo(PT)
    Guest

    Re: Have you or anyone you know ever won a sweepstakes?

    Quote Originally Posted by csb999 View Post
    knew someone whose mother won $ 50,000 on Publisher's Clearinghouse Sweepstakes , sentencing her and her family to open all every piece of junk mail for the rest of their lives .
    Yay! I was waiting to see if anyone actually knows someone that has won that. I always felt like they were such bullshit.

    Glad to hear this!

    Quote Originally Posted by SC6201 View Post
    My mom won a car back in the 90's...worth something like $12,000
    good deal!

    Quote Originally Posted by T-Rexx View Post
    I won $2 last week in the state lottery.


    party time!

    Quote Originally Posted by Axxess View Post
    Kid's WB had a recurring contest where the xth caller would win a prize. I was lucky and won fairly frequently, but the network was cheap so most of the prizes were crap like school supplies or whatnot. However, once in a while they had some good prizes like premier movie tickets. I got to see Pokémon the First Movie for free this way. But then they added a rule stating that only kids under 13 could enter. Discriminating assholes.

    As for lotteries or contests where you send in entries, no I have not.
    Yeah--sounds like you had a lot of good luck with that. Sucks that they started making rules, but I can kinda understand why they would start adding age restrictions.

  21. #21

    Re: Have you or anyone you know ever won a sweepstakes?

    I won $100 cash last week in a drawing! Years ago I won $34 in the Powerball lottery. Won $50 to $100 on pull tabs once in a great while.

    A good friend of mine won $10,000 in cash twice... November 2011 and November 2012 in the same yearly contest.

    Back in the 1980's in a national sweepstakes my sister won a complete audio / video system with a high end stereo & television.

    Nephew won a new bicycle in a supermarket drawing last Spring.

    Forgot to add: I won $200 from JUB here a year ago. Thanks guys!
    Last edited by CowboyBob; March 19th, 2013 at 09:00 AM.

  22. #22
    JockBoy87
    Guest

    Re: Have you or anyone you know ever won a sweepstakes?

    Everyday when I turn my ad blocker off

  23. #23
    JUB Addict jensu846's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    2,499

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Have you or anyone you know ever won a sweepstakes?

    my friends parents won $5000 from Publishers Clearing House. I always thought that was a scam, but I guess not. Now I enter them everytime.

  24. #24
    Huntneo(PT)
    Guest

    Re: Have you or anyone you know ever won a sweepstakes?

    Wow! I'm loving all the responses. I guess I was wrong about these things.

    Lots of good luck/news from you guys!

  25. #25
    JUB Addict vulgar_newcomer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    St. Petersburg
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    2,693

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Have you or anyone you know ever won a sweepstakes?

    Quote Originally Posted by RaKroma View Post
    I think these taxes help the average Joe in our society comprehend of what it feels like having to pay unthinkable amounts of taxes for hard monies people earn every year. People complain having to pay $3000 in federal income tax when the "rich" guy has to pay $50,000+ when in return he doesn't get benefits from the government.
    Thats ridiculous and poorly thought out. Like the guy at the gas pump putting $10.00 in gas in his 2001 Honda Civic and the guy pulls up next to him bitching about the price of gasoline as he fills his 2013 Corvette with every option on it. Who says the guy in the 12 yr old Honda civic doesn't work hard as well. both pay the same for gasoline only thing is the guy in corvette isn't worried about filling the tank up, or really draining the bank acct.
    You need to realize and try thinking like the average joe. Your view represented is young minded and dope hat. YOu make it as is anyone who is "average" or below is a slacker and doesn't work as hard if not harder then the rich guy and thats simply bullshit.
    Both pay the same gasoline taxes however one doesn't have the same resources and that is regressive. Well off people don't seem to get this. They think that everyone should pay the same they don't understand what regressive is. They don't have to. When they buy ice cream they don't give a shit about the price maybe and wouldn't consider the generic cheap shit under the walmart brand like the average joe might if he is lucky enough to buy some ice cream.
    The average joe wouldn't be thinking of buying a new car perhaps won on the price is right but if lucky and could afford the auto insurance might look for a newer used care on Craigs list. But more then likely the average Joe won't be able to afford gas when the dude in the vette would make fun of the public transport bus the average Joe will be forced to ride when gas & auto insurance gets to expensive.

    " He "doesn''t get benefits from the government? " Thats bullshit he gets tax entitlements the average Joe will never get. Its just he rich guy doesn't realize shit he uses and demands is different and he thinks hes entitled while shitting on the poorer guy.
    Likely he has a in ground large swimming pool that takes a lot of city provided potable water that the average joe doesn't use in his more sparten residence however pays taxes on to maintain a system for larger water users with landscape, property, & pools, or country clubs.
    The average Joe pays to re nourish beaches and pave roads where well off people live scattered about on mini estates, or dredge canals and waterways and maintain public marinia and docks for pleasure water craft, all things the average Joe will never benefit from or get tax breaks on. The average Joe may get some supplemental food stamps, maybe 30 bucks a month and help with some medical care from clinics or other places but top of the line health places don't take Medicaid.

    Your mucked up!!!!!!

  26. #26
    Are you man enough? unloadonme's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    York, Englandshire
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Available
    Posts
    168,056

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Have you or anyone you know ever won a sweepstakes?

    A friend of mine won £2 million on the National Lottery. She still sends me a Christmas card every year!

  27. #27
    Inactive
    star-warrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Home is where the heart is
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Bisexual
    Status
    Married
    Posts
    36,127
    Blog Entries
    9

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Have you or anyone you know ever won a sweepstakes?

    I put a tenner on a 10 to 1, and it won.


  28. #28

    Re: Have you or anyone you know ever won a sweepstakes?

    I won the lottery once...a whole $4, quite the retirement fund.

  29. #29
    Drone Killer. BENDERBOY's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Edinburgh, Scotland.
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    103,738

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Have you or anyone you know ever won a sweepstakes?

    Won £79 on the lottery, and regularly win £10 on it.
    "You may only be one person to the world, but you may also be the world to one person"
    - anonymous quote.

  30. #30
    whitedavo
    Guest

    Re: Have you or anyone you know ever won a sweepstakes?

    I won a contest recently from Newegg. I got a tablet, $1400 worth of gift cards, a touchscreen laptop, and some other stuff.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | About JustUsBoys.com | Site Map | RSS | Webmasters | Advertise | Link to JUB | Report A Bug on this Page

Visit our sister sites: Broke Straight Boys | CollegeDudes.com | CollegeBoyPhysicals.com | RocketTube
All models appearing on JustUsBoys.com were over 18 at the time of photography. The records for sexually explicit images required by U.S. 2257 are kept by the
individual producers of the images. The location of the records is available by clicking the Custodian of Records link at the bottom of each gallery page.
© 2012 JustUsBoys.com. The JustUsBoys.com name and logo are registered trademarks. Labeled with ICRA and RTA. Member of ASACP and The Free Speech Coalition.