JustUsBoys.com gay porn forum

logo

remove these banner ads by becoming a JUB Supporter.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 51 to 100 of 150
  1. #51
    Sex God tigerfan482's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Columbia
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    862

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Unemployment Rate Drops to Lowest in Four Years

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Springer View Post
    Isolated and uninformed.
    Actually, I want to expand on this. If anything, I am more exposed and informed than you are, Jack. As a government employee, I get to see both sides of the coin. I get to see the amount of work that my co-workers and I do (at a labor rate less than that of our private sector counterparts) only to be demonized by the uninformed populace such as yourself as being "lazy and overpaid." I spend my days designing ways to save lives and protect this country. I doubt I could say the same for you. I'd thank you not to paint us with a broad brush unless you know what the hell you are painting.

    On the flip side, since I also get the privilege of managing multiple contracts (with no extra financial incentive), I get to see how the private sector works both within its own structure as well as with the government. I get to see how a contractor charges the government $10,000 for a component that I could buy from the manufacturer for $4,000. I get to see how some contractor who does the exact same work as I do with less experience gets paid almost 75% more than I do. I also get to see, because of the sequester and reduced funding for contracts, how contractor employees will try to negotiate with their management salary cuts up to 50% just so they don't lose their jobs due to less funding. Again, I'll reiterate that people are willing to take pay cuts up to 50% so they aren't without a job (hint: this relates to what we were discussing earlier.)

    I get to see all of this Jack and none of it matches up to what you read on your blogs and in your textbooks. The real world operates in a vastly different way than your theoretical models that you work on. If people wanted jobs, they would get a fucking job. If people want to be picky about what jobs they get, then they can drop off the market, dive into their retirement accounts, and not even be a statistic in the books. That's their fucking choice and no one but them should be held accountable for it. You can dwell all day in your ivory tower (or more likely all day under your ivory bridge), but don't pretend to know what you are talking about when there are those who see it everyday and know exactly what it's like.

  2. #52

    Re: Unemployment Rate Drops to Lowest in Four Years

    Honestly, don't buy that you work for the federal government. All I've ever seen from federal employees is political infighting and incompetence. Those that care, and there are some, eventually turn into what they despise.

    What the reason you buy the $4,000 component for $10,000?

  3. #53
    Rambunctiously Pugnacious JayHawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    River Quay - KC
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    24,229

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Unemployment Rate Drops to Lowest in Four Years

    Jack i work with the dedicated professionals who do the work of the nation. You know nothing about those civilians. You sound as if you simply despise that your not up to par enough to be one of them.

    BTW could you provide some substantive proof of such exorbitant prices paid regularly for parts? I know the Interior or some other such department paid ridiculously for a conference at some hotel recently. however, most government spending is under such a microscope it is hard to believe the example you pull from your urban legend file.

    P.S. if you ever come to town, on the plaza there is a great place called MIXX with excellent food. Perhaps a good meal would put a smile on your face.
    Last edited by JayHawk; March 8th, 2013 at 11:17 PM.
    Everyone can be great, because everyone can serve.
    ~ Martin Luther King, Jr.


  4. #54
    GiancarloC
    Guest

    Re: Unemployment Rate Drops to Lowest in Four Years

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Springer View Post
    Honestly, don't buy that you work for the federal government. All I've ever seen from federal employees is political infighting and incompetence. Those that care, and there are some, eventually turn into what they despise.

    What the reason you buy the $4,000 component for $10,000?
    Wow... and here we go making this all personal again. When will this ever cease?

  5. #55
    of the 99%
    Just_Believe18's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    9,203

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Unemployment Rate Drops to Lowest in Four Years

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Springer View Post
    Honestly, don't buy that you work for the federal government. All I've ever seen from federal employees is political infighting and incompetence. Those that care, and there are some, eventually turn into what they despise.

    What the reason you buy the $4,000 component for $10,000?
    You know, you are a very rude person, Jack Springer. Someone like tigerfan took the time to share a very personal part about himself through his profession. Instead of recognizing his opinion, as he legitimately attempted to recognize yours, you instead trashed him and called him a liar.
    #439th oldest member on JUB.

  6. #56
    CE&P Secret Police xbuzzerx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Posts
    10,110

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Unemployment Rate Drops to Lowest in Four Years

    Quote Originally Posted by xbuzzerx View Post
    What do you do, Jack? Since you feel people's personal occupation is relevant to the discussion.
    ^ Did you miss this, Jack?

  7. #57
    JUB Addict chrisrobin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    8,071

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Unemployment Rate Drops to Lowest in Four Years

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Springer View Post
    Honestly, don't buy that you work for the federal government. All I've ever seen from federal employees is political infighting and incompetence. Those that care, and there are some, eventually turn into what they despise.

    What the reason you buy the $4,000 component for $10,000?
    Honestly,

    In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.

  8. #58
    JUB Addict chrisrobin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    8,071

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Unemployment Rate Drops to Lowest in Four Years

    Quote Originally Posted by tigerfan482 View Post
    I know you are a Republican, but please try to understand that repeating something multiple times doesn't make it true.
    But it does make it true. Please Google: The Big Lie.

    In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.

  9. #59
    Impish and Mercurial Rolyo85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Boystown, Chicago
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    8,679

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Unemployment Rate Drops to Lowest in Four Years

    Yeah, I'd like to ask that too, Jack. Since you judge other people's credibility, perhaps we should be able to measure yours. You never give any indication of what you actually do for a living, yet you throw your opinion around as if you have intimate knowledge of ever part of the economy. Well, show some credentials.
    That we are capable only of being what we are, remains our unforgivable sin.
    - Gene Wolfe

  10. #60
    RazorzEdge88
    Guest

    Re: Unemployment Rate Drops to Lowest in Four Years

    Isn't it obvious he has some position with Free Republic or the Daily Caller?

  11. #61
    GiancarloC
    Guest

    Re: Unemployment Rate Drops to Lowest in Four Years

    Quote Originally Posted by Just_Believe18 View Post
    You know, you are a very rude person, Jack Springer. Someone like tigerfan took the time to share a very personal part about himself through his profession. Instead of recognizing his opinion, as he legitimately attempted to recognize yours, you instead trashed him and called him a liar.
    People who resort to such antics are usually lacking an argument and proof... they need to resort to making it personal because they can't possibly back up their own positions.

    It's funny how Jack had to try to make a very positive job report into something that's negative. 247,000 jobs created and showing a clear uptick in private sector job growth. Public sector is cutting jobs, so this is entirely private sector job growth and in high paying fields too.

  12. #62

    Re: Unemployment Rate Drops to Lowest in Four Years

    Yea! Let's celebrate!

    White unemployment rate 6.8%

    Teenager unemployment rate 25.1%

    Black unemployment rate 13.8%

    Hispanic unemployment rate 9.6%

    Asian unemployment rate 6.1%

    http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/...nt_706624.html

  13. #63

    Re: Unemployment Rate Drops to Lowest in Four Years

    Quote Originally Posted by Rolyo85 View Post
    Yeah, I'd like to ask that too, Jack. Since you judge other people's credibility, perhaps we should be able to measure yours. You never give any indication of what you actually do for a living, yet you throw your opinion around as if you have intimate knowledge of ever part of the economy. Well, show some credentials.
    You or anyone else here doesn't need to know what I or anyone else here does for a living.

    Your opinion means nothing to me.

  14. #64
    Impish and Mercurial Rolyo85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Boystown, Chicago
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    8,679

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Unemployment Rate Drops to Lowest in Four Years

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Springer View Post
    You or anyone else here doesn't need to know what I or anyone else here does for a living.

    Your opinion means nothing to me.
    Actually, if you're going to throw around expert-sounding opinions and ignore or belittle people who have established some credentials in the argument, you absolutely need to provide some background information or just modify your tone and stop implying that people who have proven to know what they're talking about are actually lying.

    It's also interesting to note that all of us have made clear what our professions are, yet you feel yours should be kept private. You are of course free to keep it so, and shouldn't feel forced to reveal it if you don't want to, but it raises interesting questions and further lowers your already low credibility.

    And I recommend - no I URGE you to avoid the "I don't care about your opinion" defense, because the obvious conclusion is that you spend so much time here without even caring about what people think of your posts. This is both an exercise in futility, and an indication of a sad lonely troll. If that's not how you want to be perceived - and not just by me - then you should drop the "fuck you all" attitude. I don't spend time with people I overwhelmingly don't care about, and I see no reason why you would.
    That we are capable only of being what we are, remains our unforgivable sin.
    - Gene Wolfe

  15. #65
    Sex God tigerfan482's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Columbia
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    862

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Unemployment Rate Drops to Lowest in Four Years

    Quote Originally Posted by JayHawk View Post
    BTW could you provide some substantive proof of such exorbitant prices paid regularly for parts? I know the Interior or some other such department paid ridiculously for a conference at some hotel recently. however, most government spending is under such a microscope it is hard to believe the example you pull from your urban legend file.
    The only substantive proof I can provide is my experience. The government has many contract types. Some use over-inflated prices and some don't. Generally, IDIQ contracts (indefinite delivery, indefinite quantity) use an FFP (firm fixed price) based model in which the contractor sets a price that the government will pay per unit for the life of the contract. Since there is no way of knowing whether the government will order 1 or 1 million of a particular item, contractors have to set the price based on what they think will make them back their investment plus profit on the item. So the contractor will buy a $4000 part, add their labor and, in some cases, material fee to it. They will add in any R&D costs they put into making the system that wasn't paid for under a development contract as well as any profit margin they want to make over the life of the contract. They're going to set that price based on what they expect to have made at the the end of the contract and what they view as a reasonable number of units sold. So if a contractor spends $50,000 on R&D, has a 10% fee on labor (say they spend 1 hour of labor at $50/hr on the part = $50 + ($50*.10) = $55) and another 10% on parts ($4000 * 0.10 = $400), incorporates the $4,000 part into the item, wants a 15% profit margin at the end of the contract (($50,000 + 10 * ($4000 + $400 + $55)) * 1.15 = $102,050), and expects a reasonable number of items to be sold to be 10 ($102,050 / 10), they're going to sell that item for $10,205.

    The benefits to the government of this type of contract is that they have a set price and don't have to pay more or less if the cost of the item changes. The downside is that you're stuck paying that price and, if you order large quantities of the items, you wind up paying more than what you normally would per item.

    As far as government spending being under scrutiny, you have to remember that many of these contracts are multi-year contracts. Thus, many of them were written several years ago when spending wasn't exactly under a microscope.

    Hope this helps clarify some things.

  16. #66
    GiancarloC
    Guest

    Re: Unemployment Rate Drops to Lowest in Four Years

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Springer View Post
    Yea! Let's celebrate!

    White unemployment rate 6.8%

    Teenager unemployment rate 25.1%

    Black unemployment rate 13.8%

    Hispanic unemployment rate 9.6%

    Asian unemployment rate 6.1%

    http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/...nt_706624.html
    Oh the weakly standard again? And the worst part is... it's from a BLOG ARTICLE on the weakly standard. The news source still complaining about Obama's election.

    News flash, unemployment rates are still high for some but are declining with economic progress. Get a grip please. If the economy can move up another gear to 250,000+ jobs created per month then we will make even more progress. But republicans will never permit that. They refuse to pass any pro-jobs bills and insist on drastically cutting government. Did you know if so many government jobs weren't cut the last 3 years unemployment would be below 7% as a whole?

  17. #67
    CE&P Secret Police xbuzzerx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Posts
    10,110

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Unemployment Rate Drops to Lowest in Four Years

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Springer View Post
    You or anyone else here doesn't need to know what I or anyone else here does for a living.

    Your opinion means nothing to me.
    Equally, you realize that your opinion of Tigersfan's job or field means nothing to us, particularly when it conflicts with what someone who actually works in the field has to say about it, right? And when, as far as we can tell, you have no special credential to be talking about the economy in the first place other than your own opinions which we can't validate are based in anything?

  18. #68
    Impish and Mercurial Rolyo85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Boystown, Chicago
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    8,679

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Unemployment Rate Drops to Lowest in Four Years

    Quote Originally Posted by GiancarloC View Post
    Oh the weakly standard again? And the worst part is... it's from a BLOG ARTICLE on the weakly standard. The news source still complaining about Obama's election.

    News flash, unemployment rates are still high for some but are declining with economic progress. Get a grip please. If the economy can move up another gear to 250,000+ jobs created per month then we will make even more progress. But republicans will never permit that. They refuse to pass any pro-jobs bills and insist on drastically cutting government. Did you know if so many government jobs weren't cut the last 3 years unemployment would be below 7% as a whole?
    Yeah, I don't get the "numbers are still bad, so there's no improvement" logic. It's seriously lacking.
    That we are capable only of being what we are, remains our unforgivable sin.
    - Gene Wolfe

  19. #69
    Sex God tigerfan482's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Columbia
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    862

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Unemployment Rate Drops to Lowest in Four Years

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Springer View Post
    You or anyone else here doesn't need to know what I or anyone else here does for a living.

    Your opinion means nothing to me.
    I have a few ideas about what you may do. At least tell me if I am hot or cold.

    - Professional troll
    - Assistant Opinion Editor at Breitbart.com
    - Research intern at Fox News
    - Unemployed after Romney's campaign shutdown after his stunning defeat*
    - House Majority Towel Boy**

    * - either because you were a campaign staffer or because you are Mitt Romney hanging out on a gay forum.
    ** - other duties as required

    I'm hoping it's one of those, because then you can at least have SOME credibility when it comes to talking about these things.

  20. #70

    Re: Unemployment Rate Drops to Lowest in Four Years

    Oh Jack, you and the GOP disappoint me so.

    I mean Barrack Obama just handed you gold with this sequester, but you continue to backtrack and shit all over the place. Look, Obama goes around the country predicting the apocalypse if the sequester goes through, and what happens? The Dow Jones reaches an all time high. Unemployment plummets. Even liberal commenters are saying we're back baby! Doesn't sound like an apocalypse to me. Actually, it really doesn't sound like Obama even knew what he was talking about.

    Perhaps the economy didn't rebound because of anything Obama did, perhaps it rebounded because of the sequester that the Republicans pushed for. All those cuts went straight to our economy and BOOM we're back baby! I could sell this if I wanted to.

    Of course it's not really true, but truth is often irrelevant in American politics. Yeah, unemployment would be even lower if there weren't as many cuts to government jobs, but only a handful of people have time to dig that deep, and even if a few of them did, how many of them would really care? Government waste in the form of employees going to Vegas casinos, and Hawaii cruises on the governments dime is broadcasted daily on every news network in this country . Yeah, most people really wouldn't care if more government employees lost their jobs. It's almost like getting rid of the IRS at this point. You could you use this to take credit for the economy, sort of like how the GOP still credits Gingrich with welfare reform. This should be your new Spring time, Jack.

    But no. Don't do that. Obama is black after all. How terrifying is that the Presidency is now open to people of any race! Holy shit, we must stop the 21st century from happening!!! So unemployment isn't really going down at all. The sequester is Obama's fault. Where's the birth certificate?

    Get with the times Jack, or suffer President Joe Biden in 2016.

    Oh, and my employment? I just got hired by Verizon. In sales. Ha.
    Last edited by Vitamin; March 9th, 2013 at 04:10 PM.
    Don't do scat, kids. It means you're a Republican.

  21. #71
    Sex God tigerfan482's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Columbia
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    862

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Unemployment Rate Drops to Lowest in Four Years

    Quote Originally Posted by Vitamin View Post
    Oh Jack, you and the GOP disappoint me so.

    I mean Barrack Obama just handed you gold with this sequester, but you continue to backtrack and shit all over the place. Look, Obama goes around the country predicting the apocalypse if the sequester goes through, and what happens? The Dow Jones reaches an all time high. Unemployment plummets. Even liberal commenters are saying we're back baby! Doesn't sound like an apocalypse to me. Actually, it really doesn't sound like Obama even knew what he was talking about.

    Perhaps the economy didn't rebound because of anything Obama did, perhaps it rebounded because of the sequester that the Republicans pushed for. All those cuts went straight to our economy and BOOM we're back baby! I could sell this if I wanted to.

    Of course it's not really true, but truth is often irrelevant in American politics. Yeah, unemployment would be even lower if there weren't as many cuts to government jobs, but only a handful of people have time to dig that deep, and even if a few of them did, how many of them would really care? Government waste in the form of employees going to Vegas casinos, and Hawaii cruises on the governments dime is broadcasted daily on every news network in this country . Yeah, most people really wouldn't care if more government employees lost their jobs. It's almost like getting rid of the IRS at this point. You could you use this to take credit for the economy, sort of like how the GOP still credits Gingrich with welfare reform. This should be your new Spring time, Jack.

    But no. Don't do that. Obama is black after all. How terrifying is that the Presidency is now open to people of any race! Holy shit, we must stop the 21st century from happening!!! So unemployment isn't really going down at all. The sequester is Obama's fault. Where's the birth certificate?

    Get with the times Jack, or suffer President Joe Biden in 2016.

    Oh, and my employment? I just got hired by Verizon. In sales. Ha.
    Considering the sequester went into place only a mere 8 days ago, I would say it's a bit premature to say that everything is fine and dandy. One of the contractors who I have a task with sent out 400-something layoff notices this past week. Furlough notices are going out to federal employees as different agencies throughout this month to meet the 30 day notification requirement. I think next month you'll start seeing the impacts.

  22. #72

    Re: Unemployment Rate Drops to Lowest in Four Years

    Quote Originally Posted by tigerfan482 View Post
    Considering the sequester went into place only a mere 8 days ago, I would say it's a bit premature to say that everything is fine and dandy. One of the contractors who I have a task with sent out 400-something layoff notices this past week. Furlough notices are going out to federal employees as different agencies throughout this month to meet the 30 day notification requirement. I think next month you'll start seeing the impacts.
    I acknowledged that government jobs would be cut, but considering private sector growth you probably won't be noticing it in unemployment statistics.
    Don't do scat, kids. It means you're a Republican.

  23. #73

    Re: Unemployment Rate Drops to Lowest in Four Years

    Ronald Reagan hired people for government jobs to pull us out of the recession during his term. Now republicans want to slash government jobs so the unemployment rate stays high during President Obama's term.

    These austerity measures they want will only hurt the economy. Just look at what it's doing to Europe.

  24. #74

    Re: Unemployment Rate Drops to Lowest in Four Years

    ^^ Austerity measures are a combination of high taxation on all income levels, and deep spending cuts. Considering we've only raised taxes on the top 2% of Americans, I fail to see how we've followed the European model at all.
    Don't do scat, kids. It means you're a Republican.

  25. #75
    Sex God tigerfan482's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Columbia
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    862

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Unemployment Rate Drops to Lowest in Four Years

    Quote Originally Posted by Vitamin View Post
    I acknowledged that government jobs would be cut, but considering private sector growth you probably won't be noticing it in unemployment statistics.
    Contractor jobs are private sector jobs. Those are what is being cut. You seem to be like most people and don't grasp the dependency on government spending the private sector has. A good deal of business done by the private sector, whether directly or indirectly, comes from government spending. A cut in government spending will first affect the private sector. Then, as furloughs begin to take hold and the 2+ million government employees begin seeing their take home pay go down, they will pull back on their spending (yes, our money goes into the economy as well) and it will further hurt the private sector.

    Additionally, do you seriously believe that the private sector, who so far has shown a reluctance to do any kind of major hiring, would all of a sudden start hiring large amounts of people, not only from those currently unemployed but also from what may be the newly unemployed government contractors and civilians?

  26. #76

    Re: Unemployment Rate Drops to Lowest in Four Years

    Quote Originally Posted by tigerfan482 View Post
    Contractor jobs are private sector jobs. Those are what is being cut. You seem to be like most people and don't grasp the dependency on government spending the private sector has. A good deal of business done by the private sector, whether directly or indirectly, comes from government spending. A cut in government spending will first affect the private sector. Then, as furloughs begin to take hold and the 2+ million government employees begin seeing their take home pay go down, they will pull back on their spending (yes, our money goes into the economy as well) and it will further hurt the private sector.

    Additionally, do you seriously believe that the private sector, who so far has shown a reluctance to do any kind of major hiring, would all of a sudden start hiring large amounts of people, not only from those currently unemployed but also from what may be the newly unemployed government contractors and civilians?
    Ah, apparently I'm that good at sales. You act like I actually believe this. Thank you for the compliment. :-P

    Your argument that ultimately government contractors will see paycuts has no effect on unemployment statistics. Even in spite of the sequester the unemployment is still expected to drop to 7% by next month, and our GDP is projected to grow by 2% by the end of the year(up from last year from a modest growth of 1%).
    Don't do scat, kids. It means you're a Republican.

  27. #77
    Sex God tigerfan482's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Columbia
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    862

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Unemployment Rate Drops to Lowest in Four Years

    Quote Originally Posted by Vitamin View Post
    Ah, apparently I'm that good at sales. You act like I actually believe this. Thank you for the compliment. :-P

    Your argument that ultimately government contractors will see paycuts has no effect on unemployment statistics. Even in spite of the sequester the unemployment is still expected to drop to 7% by next month, and our GDP is projected to grow by 2% by the end of the year(up from last year from a modest growth of 1%).
    You're missing what I'm saying. Payments to contracts are being reduced. Contractors are laying people off. Government employees are the ones who are going to see pay cuts through the furloughs they will be getting. As government spending, which will disproportionately affect the private sector, goes down, so will employment. The effects may not be seen right away, but they will be there and they will ripple out.

  28. #78

    Re: Unemployment Rate Drops to Lowest in Four Years

    Quote Originally Posted by tigerfan482 View Post
    You're missing what I'm saying. Payments to contracts are being reduced. Contractors are laying people off. Government employees are the ones who are going to see pay cuts through the furloughs they will be getting. As government spending, which will disproportionately affect the private sector, goes down, so will employment. The effects may not be seen right away, but they will be there and they will ripple out.
    If that were really the case I fail to see why that wouldn't already be factored into next months projections. These cuts came all at once, not spread out over time, and like you said they have to give 30 day notices. Seems to me the DOL is already factoring those layoffs in their projections.
    Last edited by Vitamin; March 9th, 2013 at 05:13 PM.
    Don't do scat, kids. It means you're a Republican.

  29. #79
    Sex God tigerfan482's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Columbia
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    862

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Unemployment Rate Drops to Lowest in Four Years

    Quote Originally Posted by Vitamin View Post
    If that were really the case I fail to see why that wouldn't already be factored into next months projections. These cuts came all at once, not spread out over time, and like you said they have to give 30 day notices. Seems to me the DOL is already factoring that in.
    They don't factor in unemployment before it happens. And only government employees have to get 30 day notices. Contractors don't have to give any notice. One problem with predicting those is that the DoL doesn't know how each agency will handle the cuts they are given and they don't know how contractors will handle any cuts that come their way.

  30. #80

    Re: Unemployment Rate Drops to Lowest in Four Years

    Quote Originally Posted by tigerfan482 View Post
    They don't factor in unemployment before it happens
    So you're saying that the DoL just pulls stuff out of their ass when they project?
    Don't do scat, kids. It means you're a Republican.

  31. #81
    Sex God tigerfan482's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Columbia
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    862

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Unemployment Rate Drops to Lowest in Four Years

    Quote Originally Posted by Vitamin View Post
    So you're saying that the DoL just pulls stuff out of their ass when they project?
    I'm saying they don't have the full data and can only make predictions. I'm also saying that any predictions they have are for the month of March and that the sequester effects won't be really seen until AT THE VERY EARLIEST April. The numbers released this past week were for February. The current prediction is for March. Any April predictions are predictions made on limited information.

  32. #82

    Re: Unemployment Rate Drops to Lowest in Four Years

    I have no idea what you do for a living and have no idea what anyone else does except for Jayhawk who is in the Navy -- I do not care either.

    Put your resume on here if you want.



    Quote Originally Posted by Rolyo85 View Post
    Actually, if you're going to throw around expert-sounding opinions and ignore or belittle people who have established some credentials in the argument, you absolutely need to provide some background information or just modify your tone and stop implying that people who have proven to know what they're talking about are actually lying.

    It's also interesting to note that all of us have made clear what our professions are, yet you feel yours should be kept private. You are of course free to keep it so, and shouldn't feel forced to reveal it if you don't want to, but it raises interesting questions and further lowers your already low credibility.

    And I recommend - no I URGE you to avoid the "I don't care about your opinion" defense, because the obvious conclusion is that you spend so much time here without even caring about what people think of your posts. This is both an exercise in futility, and an indication of a sad lonely troll. If that's not how you want to be perceived - and not just by me - then you should drop the "fuck you all" attitude. I don't spend time with people I overwhelmingly don't care about, and I see no reason why you would.

  33. #83

    Re: Unemployment Rate Drops to Lowest in Four Years

    The Bureau of Labor Statistics is now a blog?



    Quote Originally Posted by GiancarloC View Post
    Oh the weakly standard again? And the worst part is... it's from a BLOG ARTICLE on the weakly standard. The news source still complaining about Obama's election.

    News flash, unemployment rates are still high for some but are declining with economic progress. Get a grip please. If the economy can move up another gear to 250,000+ jobs created per month then we will make even more progress. But republicans will never permit that. They refuse to pass any pro-jobs bills and insist on drastically cutting government. Did you know if so many government jobs weren't cut the last 3 years unemployment would be below 7% as a whole?

  34. #84

    Re: Unemployment Rate Drops to Lowest in Four Years

    The stock market is going up only because there is no where else for investors to put their money -- it's a house of cards that will collapse -- we just don't know when. (You might want to alert your financial advisor on what to do when it happens.)

    Unemployment hasn't plummeted -- people are just giving up looking for work -- there is a huge difference.

    There is a difference between real gold and the gold covered shit you are looking at.



    Quote Originally Posted by Vitamin View Post
    Oh Jack, you and the GOP disappoint me so.

    I mean Barrack Obama just handed you gold with this sequester, but you continue to backtrack and shit all over the place. Look, Obama goes around the country predicting the apocalypse if the sequester goes through, and what happens? The Dow Jones reaches an all time high. Unemployment plummets. Even liberal commenters are saying we're back baby! Doesn't sound like an apocalypse to me. Actually, it really doesn't sound like Obama even knew what he was talking about.

    Perhaps the economy didn't rebound because of anything Obama did, perhaps it rebounded because of the sequester that the Republicans pushed for. All those cuts went straight to our economy and BOOM we're back baby! I could sell this if I wanted to.

    Of course it's not really true, but truth is often irrelevant in American politics. Yeah, unemployment would be even lower if there weren't as many cuts to government jobs, but only a handful of people have time to dig that deep, and even if a few of them did, how many of them would really care? Government waste in the form of employees going to Vegas casinos, and Hawaii cruises on the governments dime is broadcasted daily on every news network in this country . Yeah, most people really wouldn't care if more government employees lost their jobs. It's almost like getting rid of the IRS at this point. You could you use this to take credit for the economy, sort of like how the GOP still credits Gingrich with welfare reform. This should be your new Spring time, Jack.

    But no. Don't do that. Obama is black after all. How terrifying is that the Presidency is now open to people of any race! Holy shit, we must stop the 21st century from happening!!! So unemployment isn't really going down at all. The sequester is Obama's fault. Where's the birth certificate?

    Get with the times Jack, or suffer President Joe Biden in 2016.

    Oh, and my employment? I just got hired by Verizon. In sales. Ha.

  35. #85
    Impish and Mercurial Rolyo85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Boystown, Chicago
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    8,679

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Unemployment Rate Drops to Lowest in Four Years

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Springer View Post
    I have no idea what you do for a living and have no idea what anyone else does except for Jayhawk who is in the Navy -- I do not care either.

    Put your resume on here if you want.
    That's so interesting to me, since most EVERYONE in the forum knows what I do, and I would assume that with the first post on this page, you'd know what tigerfan482 does.

    But I forget you think he's a liar.

    See, here's the thing. It might be an even field as long as we know nothing of each other, but like it or not, once it turns out that some of us actually have professional knowledge of a certain discussion, you are no longer on an even field with them. Your opinion in an argument on that subject matters less than theirs.
    That we are capable only of being what we are, remains our unforgivable sin.
    - Gene Wolfe

  36. #86
    Impish and Mercurial Rolyo85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Boystown, Chicago
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    8,679

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Unemployment Rate Drops to Lowest in Four Years

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Springer View Post
    The stock market is going up only because there is no where else for investors to put their money -- it's a house of cards that will collapse -- we just don't know when. (You might want to alert your financial advisor on what to do when it happens.)

    Unemployment hasn't plummeted -- people are just giving up looking for work -- there is a huge difference.

    There is a difference between real gold and the gold covered shit you are looking at.
    Yeah, people are lying down and dying... Waiting for Obama's Black Squads to come exterminate them.

    Where do you live - in the Age of Apocalypse?!
    That we are capable only of being what we are, remains our unforgivable sin.
    - Gene Wolfe

  37. #87
    Sex God tigerfan482's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Columbia
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    862

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Unemployment Rate Drops to Lowest in Four Years

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Springer View Post
    The stock market is going up only because there is no where else for investors to put their money -- it's a house of cards that will collapse -- we just don't know when. (You might want to alert your financial advisor on what to do when it happens.)
    There are commodities, private investments, real estate, capital investment, savings accounts, and mattresses aplenty for people to stuff their money into. Investors are by no means limited to the stock market for investments during ANY economic boom or bust. The only house of cards in this thread is your argument, and it has already collapsed sir.

  38. #88
    GiancarloC
    Guest

    Re: Unemployment Rate Drops to Lowest in Four Years

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Springer View Post
    The Bureau of Labor Statistics is now a blog?

    The WEAKly standard is a BLOG/TABLOIDS right wing crackpot site. It takes statistics and blows them out of proportion.

    Pay attention please to what I'm going to post. Unemployment rates are DROPPING with significant job growth. Most of the job growth is in construction and that's a key indication of where the economy is headed. The last three months have seen 150,000 jobs created in higher paying construction jobs (which pay more than services jobs).

    The unemployment has indeed plummeted from highs around 10% to around 7.7%. This despite sharp cuts in the public sector. Almost all the job growth has been entirely in the private sector. This isn't a lie. It isn't distorting facts and figures. It's plain fucking math. Not the republican math Megyn Kelly once described when talking with a delusional nutcase... but ACTUAL MATH.

    This is from the Communist News Network:

    http://money.cnn.com/2013/03/08/news...obs/index.html

    The better-than-expected February jobs report got a big lift from 48,000 new jobs in the construction industry. Builders have added 151,000 jobs over the last five months, the sector's best hiring surge since the 2006 housing bubble.
    ---

    Like it or not this is a VITAL and KEY PIECE of evidence to my argument. The economy is going to sharply improve despite sequestrations. However, without cuts in the public sector unemployment would be below 7%. Republicans demand those cuts and unemployment is going to be higher.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Rolyo85 View Post
    Yeah, people are lying down and dying... Waiting for Obama's Black Squads to come exterminate them.

    Where do you live - in the Age of Apocalypse?!
    It's called the Age of Fox News... since Obama was re-elected the sky is falling... it's a massive crisis for republicans. Republicans wanted to collapse the economy... but it's not working out for them.

  39. #89
    Bammer's Papa
    Kulindahr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    on the foggy, damp, redneck Oregon coast
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Bisexual
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    102,007
    Blog Entries
    78

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Unemployment Rate Drops to Lowest in Four Years

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Springer View Post
    The problem is the $40,000 jobs are now minimum wage or less jobs ....
    And minimum wage jobs have ceased to exist. Of course many of them would have been replaced if the Republicans in Congress didn't insist on killing bills that would actually provide jobs (as opposed to mythically, which is what their deregulation bills so). The economy right now would have five to eight million more jobs available than last year, if legislation Obama supported hadn't been killed by the economic Neanderthals of the GOP.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Springer View Post
    Your opinion means nothing to me.
    Such a nice tactic: state that other people's opinions mean nothing, then call all the facts they present "opinions", so you don't have to pay attention to reality!

    "Thirty-one* states allow all qualified citizens to carry concealed weapons. In those states, homosexuals should embark on organized efforts to become comfortable with guns, learn to use them safely and carry them. They should set up Pink Pistols task forces, sponsor shooting courses and help homosexuals get licensed to carry. And they should do it in a way that gets as much publicity as possible. "

    --Jonathan Rauch, Salon Magazine, March 13, 2000

    *the number is now forty

  40. #90
    GiancarloC
    Guest

    Re: Unemployment Rate Drops to Lowest in Four Years

    Quote Originally Posted by Kulindahr View Post
    The economy right now would have five to eight million more jobs available than last year, if legislation Obama supported hadn't been killed by the economic Neanderthals of the GOP.
    Lol... you know if republicans didn't kill the pro-job bills they would have lost the 2012 Election by 6-7% instead of the 4% (popular vote wise) and probably would have lost the electoral college by a bigger margin. Republicans hate jobs... especially when a democrat is in charge. They put political ambition above job growth.

  41. #91
    Sex God tigerfan482's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Columbia
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    862

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Unemployment Rate Drops to Lowest in Four Years

    Quote Originally Posted by GiancarloC View Post
    Lol... you know if republicans didn't kill the pro-job bills they would have lost the 2012 Election by 6-7% instead of the 4% (popular vote wise) and probably would have lost the electoral college by a bigger margin. Republicans hate jobs... especially when a democrat is in charge. They put political ambition above job growth.
    They love jobs. Just a smaller subset of the jobs market. Namely, their's.

  42. #92

    Re: Unemployment Rate Drops to Lowest in Four Years

    Quote Originally Posted by Kulindahr View Post
    And minimum wage jobs have ceased to exist. Of course many of them would have been replaced if the Republicans in Congress didn't insist on killing bills that would actually provide jobs (as opposed to mythically, which is what their deregulation bills so). The economy right now would have five to eight million more jobs available than last year, if legislation Obama supported hadn't been killed by the economic Neanderthals of the GOP.



    Such a nice tactic: state that other people's opinions mean nothing, then call all the facts they present "opinions", so you don't have to pay attention to reality!
    Obama's idea was to give money to hire more union people. How does that help the economy?

    What a bunch of bullshit.

  43. #93
    Sex God tigerfan482's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Columbia
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    862

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Unemployment Rate Drops to Lowest in Four Years

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Springer View Post
    Obama's idea was to give money to hire more union people. How does that help the economy?

    What a bunch of bullshit.
    You're right. Your post is a bunch of bullshit. Assuming that your claim that Obama wanted to give money to hire more union workers wasn't total crap, a union job is still a job and it still involves a job in this country. You hire a worker in this country, they make money, they spend money, and it goes right back into the economy. That's how it helps the economy.

  44. #94
    GiancarloC
    Guest

    Re: Unemployment Rate Drops to Lowest in Four Years

    Quote Originally Posted by tigerfan482 View Post
    You're right. Your post is a bunch of bullshit. Assuming that your claim that Obama wanted to give money to hire more union workers wasn't total crap, a union job is still a job and it still involves a job in this country. You hire a worker in this country, they make money, they spend money, and it goes right back into the economy. That's how it helps the economy.
    Yeah, he's peddling more desperate rhetoric... the same old nonsense. And his union hating is well noted. It's still a job and it'll still help the economy. Either way, most of the private sector job growth was non-union, so his point is moot anyways.

  45. #95
    CE&P Secret Police xbuzzerx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Posts
    10,110

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Unemployment Rate Drops to Lowest in Four Years

    Quote Originally Posted by Rolyo85 View Post
    That's so interesting to me, since most EVERYONE in the forum knows what I do, and I would assume that with the first post on this page, you'd know what tigerfan482 does.

    But I forget you think he's a liar.

    See, here's the thing. It might be an even field as long as we know nothing of each other, but like it or not, once it turns out that some of us actually have professional knowledge of a certain discussion, you are no longer on an even field with them. Your opinion in an argument on that subject matters less than theirs.
    Same for me, I know in a thread regarding the housing crisis I had posted about my experiences dealing with subprime lender requests for verification of preparing tax returns for people (with no income verification) in my accounting office, so that's no big secret either. Nothing to hide really. My dad and sister both work for Northrup -- a private company whose largest customer is the government for defense/aersopace contracts. So in Jack's world are they filthy government assistance recipients? lol.

  46. #96
    Rambunctiously Pugnacious JayHawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    River Quay - KC
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    24,229

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Unemployment Rate Drops to Lowest in Four Years

    It really just comes down to being incredibly sad about most things and the straw grabbers provide plenty of fuel to talk about.

    Sit back for a second and consider the response methods of each CEP poster. I can easily be characterized just like all others. So if we all know what the other guy is going to say then it begs the question: Why bother posting?
    Everyone can be great, because everyone can serve.
    ~ Martin Luther King, Jr.


  47. #97
    CE&P Secret Police xbuzzerx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Posts
    10,110

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Unemployment Rate Drops to Lowest in Four Years

    Quote Originally Posted by JayHawk View Post
    It really just comes down to being incredibly sad about most things and the straw grabbers provide plenty of fuel to talk about.

    Sit back for a second and consider the response methods of each CEP poster. I can easily be characterized just like all others. So if we all know what the other guy is going to say then it begs the question: Why bother posting?
    Sometimes it's to address and invalidate a specific claim or innuendo. For example, making an insinuation that actual hardworking people won't be affected by government cuts, implying that aerospace engineers or the plethora of other skilled laborers who do rely on government spending for their livelihood somehow aren't productive members of society who got educations and applied themselves successfully. When conservatives just do a cut, cut, cut mantra pretending that government spending cuts won't hurt anyone but parasites they're deluding themselves about what they're actually talking about.

  48. #98
    Rambunctiously Pugnacious JayHawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    River Quay - KC
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    24,229

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Unemployment Rate Drops to Lowest in Four Years

    Oh I know they are deluded ..but that does not change the fact that the arguments, stances and opinions will not change on CEP. It seems stuck in a rut. I wonder what the point of posting is if I can predict exactly the mantra responses of each player.

    I welcome the cuts this year. It will be painful but it is the dying throw of the republican congress and the party. They are trying to let the cuts occur and then lay it on dems and try to have another viable midterm. The people who will suffer are in the majority of red states that take in much more in federal funds than they provide in taxes. Blue states who are willing to keep certain services can pay for them if they are not giving $1.50 to every &0.75 they give in taxes. So let them cut and try to blame it on Obama and democrats. It will be painful and folks will undoubtedly suffer but that is the only way the people will get a clear message of WHO is fucking them over.

    That is no way to run a country and certainly no way to actually compete for a viable future but if it ultimately results in a republican party shunned deeply into the wilderness then it is a worthwhile price to get back on track. Other wise we will spend the next ten years doing much of nothing but the same manufactured emergencies.
    Everyone can be great, because everyone can serve.
    ~ Martin Luther King, Jr.


  49. #99
    FEAR THE LIBERAL DETENTE! TX-Beau's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Austin
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Open Relationship
    Posts
    8,174

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Unemployment Rate Drops to Lowest in Four Years

    Quote Originally Posted by JayHawk View Post
    It really just comes down to being incredibly sad about most things and the straw grabbers provide plenty of fuel to talk about.

    Sit back for a second and consider the response methods of each CEP poster. I can easily be characterized just like all others. So if we all know what the other guy is going to say then it begs the question: Why bother posting?
    Sometimes it's amusing to tilt at the windmill. Of course, there is a difference between sport, and actually taking arguments that are blatantly - say, racist, ignorant screed about immigration, seriously.
    ATTACK OF THE LIBERAL ELITE

  50. #100
    Impish and Mercurial Rolyo85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Boystown, Chicago
    Gender
    Male
    Orientation
    Gay
    Status
    Single
    Posts
    8,679

    Code of Conduct

    Re: Unemployment Rate Drops to Lowest in Four Years

    Quote Originally Posted by TX-Beau View Post
    Sometimes it's amusing to tilt at the windmill. Of course, there is a difference between sport, and actually taking arguments that are blatantly - say, racist, ignorant screed about immigration, seriously.
    Posting in a forum is a spectator sport. For every user who posts, there are ten just reading. I don't swipe the floor with Jack because I expect he will change his mind or because it makes me feel good (though it does ^_^ ), but because people who just read the forum and don't know us the way we know each other, might actually believe some of his garbage.

    And that thought makes me puke in my mouth a little.
    That we are capable only of being what we are, remains our unforgivable sin.
    - Gene Wolfe

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | About JustUsBoys.com | Site Map | RSS | Webmasters | Advertise | Link to JUB | Report A Bug on this Page

Visit our sister sites: Broke Straight Boys | CollegeDudes.com | CollegeBoyPhysicals.com | RocketTube
All models appearing on JustUsBoys.com were over 18 at the time of photography. The records for sexually explicit images required by U.S. 2257 are kept by the
individual producers of the images. The location of the records is available by clicking the Custodian of Records link at the bottom of each gallery page.
© 2012 JustUsBoys.com. The JustUsBoys.com name and logo are registered trademarks. Labeled with ICRA and RTA. Member of ASACP and The Free Speech Coalition.